What is required for a BAC to be acceptable to God?

Kenny'sID

Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,304.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The only thing acceptable to God for salvation is Christ and His merits alone. Are you seeking to be delivered from your sins and to be found in Christ alone for salvation? The OP is certainly not

That was pretty vague, and I wasn't even sure what you meant exactly. Is it just something that you think looks/sounds good, but in the end, is very unclear/empty of real meaning? See, that's what I love about Christ, he has a way of being straight to the point, and being very clear what that point is, and with very little effort, as if the truth doesn't take a lot of effort. If it does, that's because of the people who choose not to believe the truth, not because the truth itself is complicated.

Anyway, to further the prior point and make another about Christs simple truth, will you please answer the three questions I ask of you in this post?

if you are saying we need do nothing but leave it all to Christ, that's not what Christ is saying in the following when he is very clear "we" are responsible for "doing" (see where those 2 words appear in the scripture). There's just no other way to see the following scripture, but if you think there is, will you please tell me how you can understand it to mean something else, and what that something else is?

I mean how is Jesus saying we have to do good in order to get to heaven, mean we don't have to do good/anything in order to get to heaven as you are saying?

John 5:28 “Do not be amazed at this, for a time is coming when all who are in their graves will hear his voice and come out—those who have done what is good will rise to live, and those who have done what is evil will rise to be condemned.

Simply put, we have to be good/obedient...do we not?

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,304.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
God's oath by which he denied certain people entrance into his rest was directed against unbelievers.

What oath is that... and post the exact verse from the "oath" that states it's for unbelievers as well, please?

Upvote 0

Ttalkkugjil

Social Pastor
Mar 6, 2019
Suwon
✟34,572.00
Country
Korea, Republic Of
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
What oath is that... and post the exact verse from the "oath" that states it's for unbelievers as well, please?

That would be God's oath by which he denied certain people entrance into his rest. I am reflecting on Hebrews.

Upvote 0

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
That was pretty vague, and I wasn't even sure what you meant exactly. Is it just something that you think looks/sounds good, but in the end, is very unclear/empty of real meaning? See, that's what I love about Christ, he has a way of being straight to the point, and being very clear what that point is, and with very little effort, as if the truth doesn't take a lot of effort. If it does, that's because of the people who choose not to believe the truth, not because the truth itself is complicated.

Anyway, to further the prior point and make another about Christs simple truth, will you please answer the three questions I ask of you in this post?

if you are saying we need do nothing but leave it all to Christ, that's not what Christ is saying in the following when he is very clear "we" are responsible for "doing" (see where those 2 words appear in the scripture). There's just no other way to see the following scripture, but if you think there is, will you please tell me how you can understand it to mean something else, and what that something else is?
There are lots of passages in which those two words appear. Some are talking about God and some are talking about people. What exactly do you have in mind? You did say something about being vague. When it comes to the law the Scripture says there are no doers.
I mean how is Jesus saying we have to do good in order to get to heaven, mean we don't have to do good/anything in order to get to heaven as you are saying?

John 5:28 “Do not be amazed at this, for a time is coming when all who are in their graves will hear his voice and come out—those who have done what is good will rise to live, and those who have done what is evil will rise to be condemned.

Simply put, we have to be good/obedient...do we not?
To what?

Upvote 0

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Do I need to repeat my post, or have you just decided you can't show me your proof after all?
Could you or perhaps some one else tell me exactly why a person with a large number of posts in this section need a Scripture quote? Don't they know the Bible? If they don't what are they debating on? Biblegateway must love me as often as I c&p from them.

Upvote 0

FreeGrace2

Senior Veteran
Nov 15, 2012
USA
✟184,557.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
It's all yah-dee-doodey-yahda ... opinions!
No one is willing to deal with the verses
that I post ... ones they don't like!
Interesting. I have, yet, you just ignore all my posts to you.

You have to deal with ALL of the NT verses!
I have. You haven't.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Kenny'sID

Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,304.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
There are lots of passages in which those two words appear. Some are talking about God and some are talking about people.

Question is, what are YOU talking about? What a bizarre thing to say?

If some are talking about god and some about people, please tell me what they are saying in that verse..God, or people?

Sure there are lots of passages with the terms good and evil, but this passage is not those, it's this one. Are you seriously telling me that scripture isn't saying if we don't do good we go to hell?

You all do realize God is watching when we go into denial like that..right? He see's it, and he knows there are no mental issues there, but that people would rather do as they wish, so instead of simply obeying God, they pretend the bible says something it doesn't.

Granted, this is one of the more bizarre denials, but this same thing happens all too often here.

Remember, God knows the heart.

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,304.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Could you or perhaps some one else tell me exactly why a person with a large number of posts in this section need a Scripture quote? Don't they know the Bible? If they don't what are they debating on? Biblegateway must love me as often as I c&p from them.

OK, say what you like in order to avoid backing up your claim, and even try to make it my fault that you cannot, just as you did, but all that tells me is you cannot.

We can debate or not, but up to now, you have chosen not to.

Upvote 0

JLB777

Supporter
Jun 18, 2012
✟403,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Interesting. I have, yet, you just ignore all my posts to you.

I have. You haven't.

All you have done is explain away the truth, in favor of your heresy.

If anyone does not abide in Me, he is cast out as a branch and is withered; and they gather them and throw them into the fire, and they are burned. John 15:6

JLB

Upvote 0

FreeGrace2

Senior Veteran
Nov 15, 2012
USA
✟184,557.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
All you have done is explain away the truth, in favor of your heresy.
Interesting how you behave as a certain political party in this county. It's called projection. Charging one's opponent with the very things they themselves do.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JLB777

Supporter
Jun 18, 2012
✟403,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Interesting how you behave as a certain political party in this county. It's called projection. Charging one's opponent with the very things they themselves do.

More of your unfounded opinion, with no scripture.

If anyone does not abide in Me, he is cast out as a branch and is withered; and they gather them and throw them into the fire, and they are burned. John 15:6

JLB

Upvote 0

JLB777

Supporter
Jun 18, 2012
✟403,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Concerning the OP, question.

A Born again Christian must walk according to the Spirit, which is another way of saying “walking in the truth”, which also means practicing righteousness.

All these expressions boil down to obeying Christ.

His Gospel
His Commandments
His Doctrine

As a born again Christian, Jesus is our Lord.

But why do you call Me ‘Lord, Lord,’ and not do the things which I say? Luke 6:46

JLB

Upvote 0

FreeGrace2

Senior Veteran
Nov 15, 2012
USA
✟184,557.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
More of your unfounded opinion, with no scripture.
This is simply hilarious. Really.

You've never provided any verse that tells us in plain words that salvation can be lost, yet I've proven that those who receive the gift of eternal life shall never perish.

Couldn't be more clear.

But you are free to hold your own opinions, no matter how far from Scriptural truth they are.

Upvote 0

JLB777

Supporter
Jun 18, 2012
✟403,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
This is simply hilarious. Really.

You've never provided any verse that tells us in plain words that salvation can be lost, yet I've proven that those who receive the gift of eternal life shall never perish.

Couldn't be more clear.

But you are free to hold your own opinions, no matter how far from Scriptural truth they are.

Again, you have nothing but opinion and rhetoric to express, in the face of the truth.

JLB

Upvote 0