What is marriage?

lawtonfogle

My solace my terror, my terror my solace.
Apr 20, 2005
✟13,892.00
Faith
Christian
You wouldn't be asking this question if you had no doubts.

The verse I gave shows that sex is intended to happen inside of marriage only. Think about this....what is the only moral/important difference between a married couple and an engaged couple, or even a dating couple? The married couple can be one through having sex! That is God's design. Think very hard about it, are there any other difference other than taxes, name change, and all that. Well, there is living together...but when people who are engaged live together more often then not they are also having sex. If you don't think that sex is the difference, then why get married at all? Why not just stay engaged...why not just stay dating since there is no difference. Hopefully you see the point. God designed marriage to be special and exclusive. Sex makes it special and exclusive. If sex does not make it exclusive...then what does? It cannot be that you are "in love"...boyfriends and girlfriends are in love. But as we know, just because they have sex does not mean they are exclusive.

Thanks

Unless to God sex = marriage, in which case as you as they start having sex they went from engage to married, and were not able to stay just engaged. Now, in the eyes of man they are still engaged, but last I check, it was God, not man, who we are to be concerned about.

Upvote 0

lawtonfogle

My solace my terror, my terror my solace.
Apr 20, 2005
✟13,892.00
Faith
Christian
Marriage isnt 'about' sex. Sex belongs where God created it to be, inside a marriage covenant where it is blessed by Him.
Outside that covenant sex is sin by default.

Marriage is when a man and woman covenant themselves as husband and wife with the sincere intent that it is for life...atheist, christian or otherwise.

But is God willing to allow a marriage between two non-believers to form? Really, if your atheist, why in the world are you caring about sinning:confused:?

Upvote 0

HannahBanana

Dec 11, 2006
Concord, MA
✟12,558.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I'm an evil heathen, so I don't even think you have to be in love to justify having sex. So obviously I think your situation is perfectly acceptable and even commendable, jadebullet. :)
Ditto. I hope you and your boyfriend have a long, happy life together.

Upvote 0