Visit site
✟1,242,711.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Single
IM certainly trying to turn away from sin. I’ve been rebellious most of my life without realizing it, it stemmed from my own inner turmoil and loneliness. I’ve never been liked by people generally, I’m not intelligent, I suck at almost everything, I’m short, ugly l, have never liked myself etc. Have I tired to blame God? Yes, at times, I ask why me and then have turned to things like alcohol and sex, driving fast, thrill seeking, playing music, etc.

I’ve never understood how anything is fair and now after living a life in inner turmoil I will burn forever because I was rebellious. Why couldn’t I have been created with a different personality, different brain, different looks? People seem to be chosen in a sense and I worry I’m just fated for the bad place.
Newway, if it's any consolation, Christianity is very diverse when it comes beliefs about these things. There's the Good News that we're all familiar with, and then there's what I call the Great News, which proclaims Jesus as being 100% successful in his mission to save the world, and anyone who dares express a belief in such success is labeled a heretic (I kid you not). But discussion of the Great News is only permitted in the Controversial Christian Theology section of the forums. It is what it is...

Upvote 0

Ivan Hlavanda

Mar 27, 2020
York
✟84,331.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
IM certainly trying to turn away from sin. I’ve been rebellious most of my life without realizing it,
You are on a good path. Most people don't even realize this, and some who do, do not even care.
I’ve never been liked by people generally, I’m not intelligent, I suck at almost everything, I’m short, ugly l, have never liked myself etc.
We all worry about our looks, but God judges us by our heart, from the heart come the good and bad desires, not from our looks. Your looks don't make us who we are, but our hearts does...and our relationship with God. You can have a relationship with God no matter what you look like. Unfortunately the world worships looks. What is good looks anyway, where is the definition? Jesus doesn't say that blessed are those who have beautiful skin, or a intelligent, or are successful, but blessed are those that do the will of the Father. Blessed are those who are poor in spirit, for theirs is their kingdom of Heaven. Poor in spirit means we look at our selves as sinners who are unable to save ourselves and we need a Saviour.

Jesus often are with the worst sinners such as prostitutes, why? Because they knew they were bad and needed a Saviour, we all do, but we are often blind. Do not worry about intelligence, most of Jesus' followers weren't. Many were uneducated.

Why couldn’t I have been created with a different personality, different brain, different looks?
Your looks, your intelligence is not your identity. Rather, you are an image of the glorious, living God. He made you for Himself, and to live for Him, and to serve and worship Him. He created you so you can have a loving relationship with Him. He sent His Son to call you back to what He made you. This is who you are.

You seemed to be broken by your sins, and I believe that is God calling you back to Him. But you have come to Jesus and to cross first and believe that Jesus is the Son of God, the perfect atonement for sin, who died and was buried, and rose on the third day because He was sinless. 16 “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.' Faith is the only requirement. By faith is one justified.

And lastly, if you say these things are easy to say for me, I am not you, you are right. But I too fallen into alcoholism, depressions, anxiety, I was diagnosed with a massive brain tumour which left me deaf in one ear with constant high pitch noise, half my face is paralysed, I cannot smile, talk properly, I had multiple surgeries done to me eye, I had a face surgery where they took tissue from my leg etc. and I don't care, because God's love is sufficient and all that matters to me. What good would it be to me if all was good but I had not a loving relationship with God? Nothing. I pray that you also have a loving relationship with Him.

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,737.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Perhaps not hell, but Revelation 20:15 does say that He will be casting people into the lake of fire.

Given the nature of St. John's Apocalypse, this apocalyptic language of a lake of fire--in which even death and hades are cast--invites us to ask a lot of questions that may not have answers. Seeing as death and hades are said to be cast into it, and given the overall language of this apocalyptic work, we certainly shouldn't be trying to read this literally. For the same reason that we shouldn't read the human-faced locusts coming out of the abyss, or Jesus having a sword coming out of His mouth while riding a white horse as being literal. This is apocalyptic language.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

fhansen

Oldbie
Sep 3, 2011
✟324,175.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Something I’ve been confused about, it seems Jesus is here to save us from God? He is the only one who can send ppl to hell. I don’t get it. Or is it the devil? But God can control the devil? Help me make sense of this. Please.
From ourselves as much as anything else. From our own pride that separates us from God, that covets the wrong things for the wrong reasons, that exalts the self and our desires above all else while often cowering before the opinions of other created beings. Eternal life is to know God (John 17:3), but do we even want to know Him? Jesus reveals a God truly worth knowing, believing in, hoping in, and, most importantly, loving, placing Him above all else. Then we are in a right place, a state of order and justice. We're here to become jaded by this world's offerings and values, apart from God, so that we might be all the more able to acknowledge our need for Him when He comes knocking. We need to learn that, "Apart from Me you can do nothing." (John 15:5).

Upvote 0

John Helpher

John 3:16
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2020
Houston
✟85,316.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Something I’ve been confused about, it seems Jesus is here to save us from God?
He came to show what citizenry in the kingdom of Heaven is supposed to look like. His teachings guide us away from ignorance. That is the salvation.

He said, "If you follow my teachings, then you will be my disciples; you will know the truth and the truth will set you free." He said that he only speaks what he hears from God, and that it is his teachings which will judge us. See, the ten commandments isn't what God wanted.

After leading the people out of Egypt, Moses was up on the mountain for at least 40 days. That's where he gets the first set of two stone tablets carved by God himself. This was it. God was going to take command of his people and lead them as an example to the world. Only, the people screwed up. While Moses was away, they built an idol like the Egyptians made and started partying. God warns Moses that this is happening and when he comes down to find God had been right, he destroys the tablets.

The record says that these tablets were carved on both sides and the writing was particularly note worthy as being "the writing of God". Not the language of God. The writing. This was probably some kind of smooth, machined writing. You can fit a lot of text on a piece of stone with machine engraving. The fact that these tablets were noted as being written on both sides indicates God had a lot to say But, the list of ten commands Moses brought down would not need two tablets written front and back.

Moses' commands could be summed up in 10 points and read much like the list of rules you'd expect to see on a kindergarten wall; respect the teacher, don't take other kid's stuff, keep your hands to yourself, don't tell lies, etc...

God's first two tablets were quite different from the second pair that Moses carved. It's almost like God had some good thing for them, and just as he was about to give it to them, they screwed up and showed that they didn't actually deserve it. In fact, God was about to kill the lot of them, but Moses begged for their lives and agreed to take responsibility for them as their leader. That's why he made the second set of stones. Yes, God was still the boss, but he had to act through Moses. At one point, God tried to be the one to speak the new commands, but the people straight up begged not to hear it, arguing they wanted to hear it from Moses instead. He just couldn't reach the people.

A little later he was so disgusted with their rebellion that he told Moses to take them and go to the promised land while he (God) remained back, because if he were to go with them, he'd surely destroy them quickly. In other words, he couldn't be around them for even 5 minutes without wanting to kill them. Over the millennia the people had their moments of obedience and glory, but for the most part it was the stubborn, stiff-necked stuff God had to deal with.

That's not what God wanted, right from way back in Moses' day. But, he put up with it. He tolerated. He rebuked. He corrected. He punished and rewarded. He tried everything to show that no matter what it is, when we humans try to do it our own way, we just screw it up. He spent thousands of years allowing us to prove that. We need his guidance to get it right.

That is what Jesus does. He gives us that guidance. He is the wisdom that saves us from ignorance. He is the way it should have been all along had we humans only been willing to patiently wait, and do it God's way.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

biblelesson

Jun 11, 2021
College Park
✟72,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
IM certainly trying to turn away from sin. I’ve been rebellious most of my life without realizing it, it stemmed from my own inner turmoil and loneliness. I’ve never been liked by people generally, I’m not intelligent, I suck at almost everything, I’m short, ugly l, have never liked myself etc. Have I tired to blame God? Yes, at times, I ask why me and then have turned to things like alcohol and sex, driving fast, thrill seeking, playing music, etc.

I’ve never understood how anything is fair and now after living a life in inner turmoil I will burn forever because I was rebellious. Why couldn’t I have been created with a different personality, different brain, different looks? People seem to be chosen in a sense and I worry I’m just fated for the bad place.
Your flesh - carnal nature is speaking, which is the old man. This nature is the self without the Spirit (meaning when we wallow in these type of thoughts about ourselves we grieve the Holy Spirit rendering Him unable to help us), and when we operate in the Carnal nature, we fall from grace, and suffer the under the law of sin.

Turn the light on! We are told in the Bible that the old man (carnal nature) has been crucified with Christ, and we (our self: emotions), are dead, so we are to recon ourselves dead.

But that Christ lives in us (we are told to walk in the new man, in newness of life).

There is a drastic difference between the old man and new man:

The old man is against God, has fallen from grace, and can see only negative - this man died when Christ died on the cross - the Ademic nature that cannot change. So this Ademic nature had to be crucified on the cross with Christ - the exchange! Our sinful nature was crucified with our righteous Savior’s who rose from the dead; and we rose with Him. But our sinful nature stayed on the cross.

The new man (in Christ) is Power, and we walk in heavenly places in Christ Jesus according to the Spirit of Christ. All confusing emotions are pushed down by the power and strength of the Spirit IN US, the new man. The Holy Spirit opens our eyes so that we walk in the light - the light of Christ.

Everything you said in your post you will be unable to say if you were to walk in the Spirit. The way you say you feel, you will be unable to feel if you were to walk in the Spirit. When you experience the Spirit, you experience God’s Heaven coming down to you bringing you all of the power your Savior posses. You can only experience joy at such a magnificent realization of the beauty and power of God operating in your life.

So, turn the light on. You don’t have to do anything of your own effort. Simply pray and ask God to bring His Spirit into your life. You will experience a pouring down - how beautiful- it’s a real pouring down from heaven - with power to change us, Act 2:17 KJV. His word is true!

Ask! Also speak to the Holy Spirit and ask Him to guide you. The Holy Spirit is sensitive to humility. So with a humble heart, just ask. And if you do, humbly, you will begin to grow and be healed.

Practice humility to stay in the Spirit. Our problem is we grieve the Holy Spirit when we don’t remain humble, so we must learn humility, learn to practice it daily.

God bless you!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Stephen3141

Mar 14, 2023
Southwest
✟40,110.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Get the Logos Bible study software.
Do a search for "salvation" in an English translation of the Bible.
Write down all the things that the people of God can be saved from.

Then you will realize that "salvation" and "getting saved" is a very broad subject,
and it cannot be done at one time, all at once.

Upvote 0