Netanya
✟13,908.00
Country
Israel
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm sorry, but the Word is God, the Word became flesh, and the Word is His Spirit. This is why most in mainstream Christianity have so much trouble. They take it as, there's a God of the old, and now there's the new, Jesus. Just because He became the Living Word does not separate Him from the Father, because they are One.

You are mistaken.
The "covenant" is not GOD.
The "covenant" is how God deals with Man.
Old and NEW.
One has replaced the other..
God found fault with the old covenant because :

1. It could not give Righteousness
2. It could not remove "sin consciousness".

So, God wrote a new covenant in His own Blood.
This is the NEW Testament, it is the Grace of God., not the law.

Upvote 0

Behold

Apr 5, 2020
Netanya
✟13,908.00
Country
Israel
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sort of. The Word is the eternal Logos. For most people, “Jesus” means a human born around 3 BC. Standard Christology understands that God and humanity aren’t the same thing. Christ has both natures, but the distinction between the two nature is maintained.

If you replace the Word with Jesus, particularly in this passage, you blur that distinction.

Colossians 1:16 = Jesus
John 1:10 = Jesus
1Timothy 3:16 = Jesus
The New Testament = Jesus
The New Covenant = Jesus
The Grace of God = Jesus
Eternal Life = Jesus
Salvation = Jesus
The Blood Atonement = Jesus
The Resurrection = Jesus
The Mercy of God = Jesus

Upvote 0

Ron Evartt

Jul 10, 2020
Broken Arrow
✟17,429.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You are mistaken.
The "covenant" is not GOD.
The "covenant" is how God deals with Man.
Old and NEW.
One has replaced the other..
God found fault with the old covenant because :

1. It could not give Righteousness
2. It could not remove "sin consciousness".

So, God wrote a new covenant in His own Blood.
This is the NEW Testament, it is the Grace of God., not the law.

He absolutely DIDN"T find FAULT with His Perfect, Eternal, and Righteous Law!!!
Heb 8:8 For finding fault with "them" (Our sinful nature, which one day, "behold the days come", we will be given a new body that's without sin), he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah:

You're mistaken! There's no possible way we are in the New Covenant!

What’s In The New Covenant?

Jer 31:27 Behold, the days come, says the LORD, that I will sow the house of Israel and the house of Judah with the seed of man, and with the seed of beast.

This is addressed to the House of Judah and the House of Israel.

Are YOU ISRAEL or NOT?

Jer 31:28 And it shall come to pass, that like as I have watched over them, to pluck up, and to break down, and to throw down, and to destroy, and to afflict; so will I watch over them, to build, and to plant, says the LORD.

God will plant these two houses together. Are you with them in His Land, New Jerusalem?

Jer 31:29 In those days they shall say no more, The fathers have eaten a sour grape, and the children's teeth are set on edge.

Eating “GOOD FRUIT/LIFE ETERNAL” in His land He plants them.

Jer 31:30 But everyone shall die for his own iniquity: every man that eats the sour grape, his teeth shall be set on edge.

He reminds us, “EVERYONE shall die for their INIQUITY/SIN! Judgment Day hasn't happened.

Jer 31:31 Behold, the days come, says the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:

Again this is for Israel and Judah.

Jer 31:32 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, says the LORD:

He reminds them/us how they/we broke the covenant (God’s law).

Jer 31:33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, says the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

In this New Covenant He put His law in their inward parts and writes it in their hearts. This is His Torah! Do you know and fully obey the Torah?

Jer 31:34 And they shall teach no more every man his neighbor, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, says the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

We will know Him and His ways without being taught. Can you say this is you today? This is a time when He forgives all our sins (Those who are saved).

Jer 31:35 Thus says the LORD, which gives the sun for a light by day, and the ordinances of the moon and of the stars for a light by night, which divides the sea when the waves thereof roar; The LORD of hosts is his name:

He establishes that He created the sun, moon, stars, and seas…

Jer 31:36 If those ordinances (His Law) depart from before me, says the LORD, then the seed of Israel also shall cease from being a nation before me forever.

God is stating “HIS LAW” WILL NEVER DEPART FROM HIM, or Israel will cease to exist!)

Jer 31:37 Thus says the LORD; If heaven above can be measured, and the foundations of the earth searched out beneath, I will also cast off all the seed of Israel for all that they have done, says the LORD.

He is stating He will never cut off the seed of Israel, because no man can do these things!

Jer 31:38 Behold, the days come, says the LORD, that the city shall be built to the LORD from the tower of Hananeel unto the gate of the corner.

Jer 31:39 And the measuring line shall yet go forth over against it upon the hill Gareb, and shall compass about to Goath.

Jer 31:40 And the whole valley of the dead bodies, and of the ashes, and all the fields unto the brook of Kidron, unto the corner of the horse gate toward the east, shall be holy unto the LORD; it shall not be plucked up, nor thrown down any more forever.

Verses 38-40 are absolutely describing “NEW JERUSALEM”, a City of our God coming down from heaven that, “shall not be plucked up, nor thrown down any more FOREVER. This is a time when Judah and Israel become One in the Messiah, the two olive branches rejoined as One.

ALL of Revelation 21 is a perfect match to Jeremiah, Ezekiel, and Hebrews. (Re: New Covenant) Hebrews is bringing up, again, "Behold the days come"!
Rev 21:1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
Rev 21:2 And I John saw the holy city, NEW JERUSALEM, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
Rev 21:3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.

EZEKIEL 36 & 37 AND HEBREWS 8 DESCRIBE THE SAME THING, but add to the connection to Rev. 21

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ron Evartt

Jul 10, 2020
Broken Arrow
✟17,429.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Colossians 1:16 = Jesus
John 1:10 = Jesus
1Timothy 3:16 = Jesus
The New Testament = Jesus
The New Covenant = Jesus
The Grace of God = Jesus
Eternal Life = Jesus
Salvation = Jesus
The Blood Atonement = Jesus
The Resurrection = Jesus
The Mercy of God = Jesus

Well I suppose a better way to put it is one must understand Jesus is the Word, the Word is Jesus. I'm not saying change your Bible, but understand that Jesus is not something new, and can't be separated from the Father, or His Word. Definitely not trying to argue this, it's just to many today make a division between "God of the Old" and "Jesus of the New", when God, His Word are eternal and fully united in giving us "instruction in Righteousness" from Genesis to Revelation. Thanks!

Upvote 0

Ron Evartt

Jul 10, 2020
Broken Arrow
✟17,429.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
..."put in their inward parts, writes it in their minds"
To perfectly obey the Law (literal translation is Torah!). If you love me "keep my Covenant/Commandments!!! One day we'll have a perfect heart and mind that will now and bend to the heart of God! Looking forward to His promises of a new and better Covenant where He reigns with us forever!!!

Upvote 0