✟17,429.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
What is HIS RIGHTEOUSNESS?
Understand the Law doesn’t save you, because no man, except Jesus Christ (The Word made flesh), could keep the Law (God’s righteousness) perfectly, but that doesn’t mean you get rid of, or destroy God’s perfect and eternal, and righteous Law (From our Messiah’s own mouth!)! Paul was always making this point in his letters/books.
Mat 23:1 Then spoke Jesus to the multitude, and to his disciples,
Mat 23:2 Saying, The scribes and the Pharisees sit in Moses' seat: RE: Mat 23:2, This is the weekly Sabbath (meaning 7th day and not Sunday, a pagan day that Constantine changed, the Church of Roman, in the 3rd century) reading of the Torah/Law of God.
Mat 23:3 All therefore whatsoever they bid you observe, that OBSERVE AND DO; but do not you after their works: for they say, and do not.

Mat 5:16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven. What is “LIGHT”?
Pro 6:23 For the commandment is a lamp; and the law is light; and reproofs of instruction are the way of life:
Mat 5:17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfill. (Fulfilled for our example, as told by the Prophets, “Jesus” The Word and our “Righteousness”.) Mat 5:18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.(Has heaven & earth passed? NO! So why has the Christian Church destroyed/abandoned God’s Law?) Mat 5:19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven. (Who wants to be the “LEAST”, and who are the “Called Least in the Kingdom of Heaven”? This doesn’t mean that they’re part of God’s Kingdom, only are called least there!)
Deu 4:2 You shall not add unto the word which I command you, neither shall you diminish ought from it, that you may keep the commandments of the LORD your God which I command you.

Does this frighten you? Rev 22:19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

What is written in Revelation? Rev 12:17 And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ. Rev 14:12 Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus. Mat 19:17 And he said unto him, Why calls thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.
Joh 14:15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.
Joh 15:10 If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.
1Jn 2:3 And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments. 1Jn 2:4 He that says, I know him, and keeps not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
1Jn 3:22 And whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in his sight. (Put this with Pro 28:9 He that turns away his ear from hearing the law, even his prayer shall be abomination.)
How do we “Overcome the world”? (Vs. 4)
1Jn 5:2 By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments.
1Jn 5:3 For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.
1Jn 5:4 For whatsoever is born of God overcomes the world: and this is the victory that overcomes the world, even our faith (AVerb/an Action).

IS THIS A LIE FROM GOD? (Remember John 1:1-2, 14)
Deu 6:24 And the LORD commanded us to do all these statutes, to fear the LORD our God, for our good ALWAYS, that he might preserve us alive, as it is at this day. Deu 6:25 AND IT SHALL BE OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS, IF WE observe to do ALL THESE COMMANDMENTS before the LORD our God, as he hath commanded us.
Joh 14:15 If you love me, keep my commandments.

Joh 15:10 If you keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.

1Jn 5:2 By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments. (How do you “Love Others”? Keep His Commandments) 1Jn 5:3 For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.

Paul said WHAT??? (The Disciples, Apostles, and Believers kept the Law, Feasts, and Sabbaths! It’s everywhere in the New Testament!) Rom 3:31 Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, WE ESTABLISH THE LAW.
Rom 7:22 FOR I DELIGHT IN THE LAW of God after the inward man: Rom 7:25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I MYSELF SERVE THE LAW OF GOD; but with the flesh the law of sin (Two different laws, not to be confused! Law of God, which is righteousness, and law of sin and death, which is un-righteousness).
Rom 2:13 For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but DOERS OF THE LAW shall be justified. (Not perfect, but “Justified before our God!)
Paul speaking from Deuteronomy: Deu 6:4 Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD:
Deu 6:5 And thou shall love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might.
Deu 6:6 And these words, which I command thee this day, shall be in thine heart: Deu 6:7 And thou shall teach them diligently unto thy children, and shall talk of them when thou sit in thine house, and when thou walk by the way, and when thou lay down, and when thou rise up. (5 times in a day!) Deu 6:8 And thou shall bind them for a sign upon thine hand, and they shall be as frontlets between thine eyes. (They’re to be seen by all in you and on you) Deu 6:9 And thou shalt write them upon the posts of thy house, and on thy gates.

Rom 7:7 What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shall not covet.

What is sin?
1Jn 3:4 Whosoever commits sin transgresses also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law. (So if we discard the Law then we say there is no sin.)

Psa 119:142 Thy righteousness is an everlasting righteousness, and thy LAW is the TRUTH.

Isa 42:21 The LORD is well pleased for His righteousness' sake; HE WILL MAGNIFY THE LAW, and make it honorable.

Isa 51:7 Hearken unto me, you that KNOW RIGHTEOUSNESS, THE PEOPLE WHOSE HEART IS MY LAW; fear you not the reproach of men, neither be ye afraid of their revilings. (Same as what Paul taught: Col. 2:16, where he is speaking to believers surrounded by gentiles! (Don’t fear or let them stop you from Keeping His Sabbaths, Feasts, and Law)

Rom 8:4 That the RIGHTEOUSNESS OF THE LAW might be FULFILLED IN US, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. (Now put this with this next verse!)
Rom 7:14 For we know that the LAW IS SPIRITUAL: but I am carnal, sold under sin. (The Law is Holy! Rom. 7:12)

Rom 10:5 For Moses describes the RIGHTEOUSNESS WHICH IS OF THE LAW, That the man which does those things shall live by them.

Gal 3:21 IS THE LAW then AGAINST the promises of God? GOD FORBID: for if there had been a law given which could have given life, verily righteousness should have been by the law. (But we can’t perfectly keep the law, and that’s why we needed The Savior Jesus!)

Php 3:6 Concerning zeal, persecuting the church; touching the RIGHTEOUSNESS WHICH IS IN THE LAW, blameless. (Paul quoting Ps. 112:9)
Psa 112:9 He hath dispersed, he hath given to the poor; HIS Righteousness ENDURES FOREVER; his horn shall be exalted with honor.

II Cor. 9:9 As it is written, He hath dispersed abroad; he hath given to the poor: HIS RIGHTEOUSNESS REMAINS FOREVER.

His Righteousness endures/remains forever: Ps. 119:7, Ps. 119:62, Ps. 119:106, Ps. 119:160, Ps. 119:164, Ps. 111:3, Is. 51:6 & 8

His Law/Word/Righteousness:

2Ti 2:22 Flee also youthful lusts: but follow RIGHTEOUSNESS, faith, charity, peace, with them that call on the Lord out of a pure heart.

2Ti 3:16 ALL SCRIPTURE is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for INSTRUCTION IN RIGHTEOUSNESS:

Rom 5:21 That as sin hath reigned unto death, even so might GRACE REIGN THROUGH RIGHTEOUSNESS UNTO ETERNAL LIFE by Jesus Christ our Lord.

WAIT!!! GRACE THROUGH RIGHTEOUSNESS UNTO ETERNAL LIFE? YES! FAITH ACCESSES GRACE!!! (FAITH IS A VERB/AN ACTION)

Rom 5:1 Therefore being JUSTIFIED (Rom. 2:13) by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:
Rom 5:2 By whom also we have ACCESS BY FAITH INTO THIS GRACE wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God. (Eph. 2:8 proves this also) We are saved by His Grace, because of our FAITH!

I would rather be this! Mat 5:10 Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake (Obedience to His Commands): for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Psa 19:7 The law of the LORD is perfect, converting the soul: the testimony of the LORD is sure, making wise the simple.

Psa 1:1 Blessed is the man that walks not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sits in the seat of the scornful.
Psa 1:2 But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night. Psa 1:3 And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that brings forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he does shall prosper.
Pro 13:14 The law of the wise is a fountain of life, to depart from the snares of death.
Psa 19:8 The statutes of the LORD are right, rejoicing the heart: the commandment of the LORD is pure, enlightening the eyes.

Law is another word for God’s Torah/ the Word! Torah: instructions for Life! Understand that Jesus is now our High Priest (The Head), we are the Temple (The Body), and HE was the Final Sacrifice (Temple laws no longer apply). There are many laws from God, but not all are for us individually. Laws for farmers, priests, laws to be kept in Israel, ranchers, men women…

Does God change? NO!
Mal 3:6 For I am the LORD, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed. Heb 13:8 Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and today, and forever. Ecc 1:9 The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun.
Ecc 12:13 Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.
Ecc 12:14 For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil.
If God calls His Law Eternal, Perfect, Pure, Way/Truth/Life, Holy, Spiritual, Fountain of Life, Converting the soul, Light… Than is He a liar? The Law is the description of Jesus, The Word of God made flesh!

Ron Evartt

Jul 10, 2020
Broken Arrow
✟17,429.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I own a concordance too!

P.S. Your post is too long.

Hi Pescador, It's nice to meet you! I'm glad that you have a concordance. I'm sorry you feel the post was too long. Personally I find it important to be thorough. I'll break down this post for you and any others who feel this is to long.

HIS Righteousness:
1Co 15:34 Awake to righteousness, and sin not; for some have not the knowledge of God: I speak this to your shame.
So by sinning against God's Laws you're unrighteous.

Definition of sin:
1Jn 3:4 Whosoever commits sin transgresses also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.

I hope this helps! Ron

Upvote 0

Ron Evartt

Jul 10, 2020
Broken Arrow
✟17,429.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
1Jo 3:7 Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.

Yes!!! Hallelujah, Praise the Lord!!! Somebody else gets it!!! Nova, you are truly blessed!!!
Is it your understanding that, "he that does righteousness is righteous", as in it pertains to those being righteous by obeying God's commands? See the comma that separates the two (Between ...righteous, even...)?

Tit_1:16 They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate.

Jas_2:20 But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?

Rev_2:2 I know thy works, and thy labor, and thy patience, and how thou canst not bear them which are evil: and thou hast tried them which say they are apostles, and are not, and hast found them liars:

Rev_2:9 I know thy works, and tribulation, and poverty, (but thou art rich) and I know the blasphemy of them which say they are Jews, and are not, but are the synagogue of Satan.

Rev_2:13 I know thy works, and where thou dwells, even where Satan's seat is: and thou holds fast my name, and hast not denied my faith, even in those days wherein Antipas was my faithful martyr, who was slain among you, where Satan dwelleth.
Rev_2:19 I know thy works, and charity, and service, and faith, and thy patience, and thy works; and the last to be more than the first.
Rev_2:23 And I will kill her children with death; and all the churches shall know that I am he which searches the reins and hearts: and I will give unto every one of you according to your works.
Rev_3:1 And unto the angel of the church in Sardis write; These things saith he that hath the seven Spirits of God, and the seven stars; I know thy works, that thou hast a name that thou livest, and art dead.
Rev_3:8 I know thy works: behold, I have set before thee an open door, and no man can shut it: for thou hast a little strength, and hast kept my word, and hast not denied my name.
Rev_3:15 I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot.

Jas 2:21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar?
Jas 2:22 See thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect?
Jas 2:23 And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God.
Jas 2:24 You see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.

Rev 3:5 He that overcomes, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.

Ecc 12:13 Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man (ALL MEN).
Ecc 12:14 For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ron Evartt

Jul 10, 2020
Broken Arrow
✟17,429.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yes!!! Hallelujah, Praise the Lord!!! Somebody else gets it!!! Nova, you are truly blessed!!!

Also, Nova would you please be in prayer for Joseph. He posted a thread here and he really needs guidance to the truth, and freedom from sin and death!
"Discussion about the nature of sin and frustration"

Upvote 0

Behold

Apr 5, 2020
Netanya
✟13,908.00
Country
Israel
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
1Jo 3:7 Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.

So, if Hitler on a Sunday, stopped killing Jews, in 1942, and decided to help His neighbor work on their car, Hitler is, according to your verse...."righteous", because he did a good deed one Sunday.

Upvote 0

Ron Evartt

Jul 10, 2020
Broken Arrow
✟17,429.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
So, if Hitler on a Sunday, stopped killing Jews, in 1942, and decided to help His neighbor work on their car, Hitler is, according to your verse...."righteous", because he did a good deed one Sunday.
You obviously didn't read the post! You obviously don't know what God's righteousness is! Will he forgive us of sin? Yes! Only if one is truly repented.
Your words are disgusting and sick. Sin is transgressing His Law! Righteousness is Keeping His Law! Wherever you came up with this absolutely disgusting thought to reply is not from a right mind or heart.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Nova2216

If truth is discounted then lies become normal.
May 16, 2020
America
Visit site
✟40,343.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced

Simon was saved in (Acts 8:13-24).

He sinned after becoming a Christian.

Peter tells him his heart is not right with God and he will perish if he does not repent.

So Simons obeys the 2nd law of pardon which is only for christians. (1Jn 1:9)

Repent and pray for forgiveness (Acts 8:22).

Ac 2:42 ¶ And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine...

Joh 8:31 ¶ Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed; 32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

What is righteousness? (Ps.119)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Behold

Apr 5, 2020
Netanya
✟13,908.00
Country
Israel
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You obviously didn't read the post! You obviously don't know what God's righteousness is! Will he forgive us of sin? Yes! Only if one is truly repented.
Your words are disgusting and sick. Sin is transgressing His Law! Righteousness is Keeping His Law! Wherever you came up with this absolutely disgusting thought to reply is not from a right mind or heart.

The blood of Jesus is the Righteousness of God.
God applies this Blood Atonement as "the gift of Righteousness" when we by Faith, are born again.
This is why the CROSS is Given.
Salvation is a GIFT. Its created by "the finished work of Jesus on the Cross", and its offered as "all who call upon the name of the LORD, shall be saved".
If you find the Grace of God, as provided by the BLood Atonement "sick", then you might reconsider your position.
Take a good long look at John 3:16.
Take a good look at Titus 3:5
Take a good look at Romans 3:21-28

Upvote 0

Behold

Apr 5, 2020
Netanya
✟13,908.00
Country
Israel
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What is righteousness? (Ps.119)

What is Righteousness?
Its "The gift of Salvation"
Its "The Gift of Righteousness".
Its the Blood Atonement.
Its "the finished work of Jesus on the Cross".

How do you know if you have it?

= "Born Again".

Upvote 0

Nova2216

May 16, 2020
America
Visit site
✟40,343.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
What is Righteousness?
Its "The gift of Salvation"
Its "The Gift of Righteousness".
Its the Blood Atonement.
Its "the finished work of Jesus on the Cross".

How do you know if you have it?

= "Born Again".

Since Jesus done it all on the cross why should I believe?

Isn't that universalism?

Define "call on the lord"?

B/c some did this in (Mt.7:21-23) and the Lord said he NEVER knew them.

Upvote 0

Behold

Apr 5, 2020
Netanya
✟13,908.00
Country
Israel
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Since Jesus done it all on the cross why should I believe?
Isn't that universalism?
Define "call on the lord"?
B/c some did this in (Mt.7:21-23) and the Lord said he NEVER knew them.

"Universalism" is fiction, regarding how its taught as a false doctrine.

However, John 3:16 isn't fiction.

Here is How it works..
Jesus completed Salvation for all mankind.
His shed blood, death, and resurrection IS Salvation, as this is the Blood Atonement.
ITs what God provided to redeem a person.
The OFFER of this Salvation, is John 3:16.
Its offered to EVERYONE.....so, the OFFER is Universal.
But.....the application of the offer.....how you get it......has a CONDITION.
Jesus said..... "you must be Born again".

So, THAT is the Condition.

"the Work of God, is that you BELIEVE on the ONE (Jesus) whom God sent".

So, to have God's salvation, the Blood Atonement applied to you..... is how you are SAVED, (Born again)

This is accomplished by FAITH. "justification by Faith".

"All that call on the name of JESUS shall be saved".. "As many as received JESUS (faith), He gives them Eternal Life".

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Nova2216

May 16, 2020
America
Visit site
✟40,343.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced

Here is How it works..
His shed blood, death, and resurrection IS Salvation, as this is the Blood Atonement.

So, to have God's salvation, the Blood Atonement applied to you..... is how you are SAVED, (Born again)

"All that call on the name of JESUS shall be saved".. "As many as received JESUS (faith), He gives them Eternal Life".

Being born again in (Jn 3:3-5, 23) involved some water. (Acts 8:5,12,13,26-40)

Being born again in (1Peter 1:22,23) included obeying something first. (the gospel)

(Mark 16:15,16) says the gospel which saves includes baptism.

One is saved at baptism and not before baptism according to (Mark 16:16).

Belief + Baptism = Saved (Mark 16:16)

Jn 1:12 - says they have the power TO BECOME a child of God.

It does not say they are children of God at belief alone.

Upvote 0

Nova2216

May 16, 2020
America
Visit site
✟40,343.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced

Here is How it works..

A CONDITION?

I thought you said Jesus done it all on the cross?

Upvote 0

Nova2216

May 16, 2020
America
Visit site
✟40,343.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced

Here is How it works..

Is it your contention that faith excludes any works?

Belief is a work (Jn 6:28,29).

Faith includes works according to (Heb.11)

Upvote 0

Nova2216

May 16, 2020
America
Visit site
✟40,343.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced

Here is How it works..

There is alot of fiction going around.

Upvote 0

Nova2216

May 16, 2020
America
Visit site
✟40,343.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced

Here is How it works..

Can you show me a verse which says one is born again when he believes ONLY?

I noticed you said one is saved by faith and then you said one needed to CALL on the name of Jesus.

Calling on the name of Jesus is something men DO (Action)

Upvote 0