Broken Arrow
✟17,429.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The blood of Jesus is the Righteousness of God.
God applies this Blood Atonement as "the gift of Righteousness" when we by Faith, are born again.
This is why the CROSS is Given.
Salvation is a GIFT. Its created by "the finished work of Jesus on the Cross", and its offered as "all who call upon the name of the LORD, shall be saved".
If you find the Grace of God, as provided by the BLood Atonement "sick", then you might reconsider your position.
Take a good long look at John 3:16.
Take a good look at Titus 3:5
Take a good look at Romans 3:21-28

Tit 1:16 They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate.

Joh_14:15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.

Joh_15:10 If ye keep my commandments, you shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.

Joh_14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

2Jn 1:6 And this is love, that we walk after his commandments. This is the commandment, That, as you have heard from the beginning, ye should walk in it.

1Jn 2:1 My little children, these things write I unto you, that you sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:
1Jn 2:2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.
1Jn 2:3 And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.
1Jn 2:4 He that saith, I know him, and keeps not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

Scripture answers "How to ACCESS GRACE!!
Rom 5:1 Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:
Rom 5:2 By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.

Jas 2:17 Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.

Reactions: Nova2216
Upvote 0

Behold

Apr 5, 2020
Netanya
✟13,908.00
Country
Israel
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Being born again in (Jn 3:3-5, 23) involved some water. (Acts 8:5,12,13,26-40)

Take Jesus Off the Cross, and put Him back into heaven.
Now, go and be water baptized.
Are you going to Heaven?
Try again.

On the Cross was a dying Thief who turned to Jesus and was received and is in Heaven right now.
Was he "water baptized" on that Cross?
Did they use a garden hose and spray him?

Reactions: Danthemailman
Upvote 0

Behold

Apr 5, 2020
Netanya
✟13,908.00
Country
Israel
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
A CONDITION?

I thought you said Jesus done it all on the cross?

Yes, what Jesus did ON the Cross is : John 3:16

Salvation is what JESUS accomplished.

If you want it, you then turn to JESUS by FAITH and God accepts your FAITH to GIVE you the SALVATION that Jesus accomplished on the Cross.

Upvote 0

Behold

Apr 5, 2020
Netanya
✟13,908.00
Country
Israel
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Can you show me a verse which says one is born again when he believes ONLY?

John 6: 29

"""""Jesus answered and said to them, “This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He sent.”

"Jesus said, if you believe not that i am the Messiah, you shall die IN your sin".

"All that call on the Name of the Lord (Jesus) shall be saved".

"for a many as RECEIVED Jesus, God gave them the power to become the Son of God".

Upvote 0

Behold

Apr 5, 2020
Netanya
✟13,908.00
Country
Israel
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Tit 1:16 They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate.
Joh_14:15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.
Joh_15:10
If ye keep my commandments, you shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.
Jas 2:17 Even so
faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.

"Dead faith" is not dead salvation.

Also, you can keep the commandments, but Jesus said "you must be born again".

So, if you keep the commandments, and endure to the end, and you are never born again, you will die and go to hell like a bullet.

"not by works of righteousness but according to His Mercy GOD saved us".

"Grace through faith, without works"....= "Justification BY faith"

Upvote 0

Nova2216

If truth is discounted then lies become normal.
May 16, 2020
America
Visit site
✟40,343.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Take Jesus Off the Cross, and put Him back into heaven.
Now, go and be water baptized.
Are you going to Heaven?
Try again.

On the Cross was a dying Thief who turned to Jesus and was received and is in Heaven right now.
Was he "water baptized" on that Cross?
Did they use a garden hose and spray him?

The cross of Christ stands between the OT and the NT. (Heb.7:12 ; 8:6-13 ; 9:15-17 ; 10:9,10) (Luke 16:16) (2Cor.3) (Col.2:14-17) (Eph.2:14-17) (Rom.10:4).

The thief was saved under the OT law (Luke 23).

He could not have been BAPTIZED INTO CHRIST DEATH b/c Jesus had not died. (Rom.6:3-6)

You might as well be asking why wasn't Abraham baptized.

Another point is that the thief may have been baptized by John for all of Judaea came to be baptized of John according to (Mt.3:5,6). (it's possible)

Johns baptism was for the remission of sins (Mark 1:4).

It was in water (immersion).

I do not see why people have a problem with NT water baptism when we have all this information about johns baptism (which at some point was out of date)(Acts 19:1-6)

Upvote 0

Behold

Apr 5, 2020
Netanya
✟13,908.00
Country
Israel
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
--

Notice the title of the Thread.

"what is 'HIS" = Righteousness".

"His" = GOD

What is God's Righteousness.

It not water.
Its Blood.

If you actually read your NT....( do you have one ), go and read the "Acts of the Apostles".
(Acts)..
Read the entire 28 chapters.
Many Jews and one Ethiopian are "saved" (born again) in these Chapters.
You will discover to your utter amazement, and in defiance of all you have been taught, that not one of them was "regenerated in water".
Every person in the NT who was saved, including in Acts 2, was born again first, then water baptism FOLLOWED.
It never occurs at the same time. NOT ONCE.

Water baptism follows Salvation..>Its always is done as a confession of Faith, AFTER you are born again.

Upvote 0

Nova2216

May 16, 2020
America
Visit site
✟40,343.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced

"""""Jesus answered and said to them, “This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He sent.”

"Jesus said, if you believe not that i am the Messiah, you shall die IN your sin".

"for a many as RECEIVED Jesus, God gave them the power to become the Son of God".

I asked for a verse which said one is born again by BELIEF ONLY

Not one verse you posted mentions the words ONLY or BORN AGAIN.

Those in (Mt.7:21-23) called on the Lord and the Lord told them He NEVER KNEW THEM.

(Acts 22:16) defines calling on the Lord.

1. Arise
2. Be Baptized
3. Wash Away Your Sins

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Nova2216

May 16, 2020
America
Visit site
✟40,343.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced

Did you post a verse which says we must WORK?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Nova2216

May 16, 2020
America
Visit site
✟40,343.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
--

"His" = GOD

It not water.
Its Blood.

If you actually read your NT....( do you have one ), go and read the "Acts of the Apostles".
(Acts)..
You will discover to your utter amazement, and in defiance of all you have been taught, that not one of them was "regenerated in water".
Every person in the NT who was saved, including in Acts 2, was born again first, then water baptism FOLLOWED

Water baptism follows Salvation..>Its always is done as a confession of Faith, AFTER you are born again.

I do not teach water regeneration.

Show me where people were born again first and then baptize afterwards?

Maybe you will be amazed at what you have been taught if you only read the word of God and not the thoughts of men.

Believe + Baptism = Saved - (Mark 16:16)

One is baptized into Christ (Gal.3:27) (Rom.6:3,4)

Salvation is IN CHRIST (2Tim. 2:10).

Upvote 0

hedrick

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Feb 8, 2009
New Jersey
✟1,148,308.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Hi Pescador, It's nice to meet you! I'm glad that you have a concordance. I'm sorry you feel the post was too long. Personally I find it important to be thorough. I'll break down this post for you and any others who feel this is to long.

HIS Righteousness:
1Co 15:34 Awake to righteousness, and sin not; for some have not the knowledge of God: I speak this to your shame.
So by sinning against God's Laws you're unrighteous.

Definition of sin:
1Jn 3:4 Whosoever commits sin transgresses also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.

I hope this helps! Ron
Unfortunately, this is a bad translation of 1 Cor 15:34. That passage doesn't use the word normally translated righteousness. While the word it uses has the same root, it is typically translated "just" or "properly". In this context it's an adverb applying to first word, which is "come to your senses." Both lexicons I have suggest something like "come back to your right senses". This is not a definition of righteousness.

If you look at uses of righteousness (I used Logos to check all references), it has a range of meanings. For humans, it typically refers to a life accepted by God, but more generally "doing right." For Paul, righteousness is based on faith, because God accepts faith as a sign of the kind of life he wants. In the Gospels it's also a broader concept of doing right. Remember that Jesus sees ethics as based on a love for God and others. People are judged for abusing others, not showing fruit, and being opposed to the Gospel. This is a broader understanding than not sinning, because a focus on sins tends to lead to legalism. Indeed Jesus almost never mentions sin, except forgiveness of sins. He doesn't condemn anyone specifically for sin. I don't mean he doesn't condemn wrong actions. He does. But he doesn't use the term sin for them. Indeed a focus on sin as moral impurity was the hallmark of the Pharisees, who are of course his opponents.

Looking more broadly at both OT and NT, calling someone righteous doesn't mean that they are morally perfect, but that they are leading a life consistent with God's teaching. That includes repentance when they fail.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Nova2216

May 16, 2020
America
Visit site
✟40,343.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
--

"His" = GOD

It not water.
Its Blood.

(Acts)..
Every person in the NT who was saved, including in Acts 2, was born again first, then water baptism FOLLOWED.

God tied blood and water together in (Jn 19:34)

John 19:34 But one of the soldiers with a spear pierced his side, and forthwith came there out blood and water

Upvote 0

hedrick

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Feb 8, 2009
New Jersey
✟1,148,308.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
If you look at how "righteousness" is used for God, it refers to doing right there too. But again, this isn't just moral perfection. It is also in many contexts honoring his covenants. That means that his commitment to redeeming his people is a large part of righteousness.

Remember that Luther's big insight was that God's righteousness isn't the moral perfection by which he judges us, but the commitment to redemption by which he justifies us by faith.

Upvote 0

Behold

Apr 5, 2020
Netanya
✟13,908.00
Country
Israel
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I do not teach water regeneration.

Show me where people were born again first and then baptize afterwards?

(2Tim. 2:10).

Read "Acts".
Let the New Testament show you, as you are not listening.

Also,

Go here :

How God did it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Behold

Apr 5, 2020
Netanya
✟13,908.00
Country
Israel
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If you look at how "righteousness" is used for God, it refers to doing right there too. But again, this isn't just moral perfection. It is also in many contexts honoring his covenants. That means that his commitment to redeeming his people is a large part of righteousness.

Remember that Luther's big insight was that God's righteousness isn't the moral perfection by which he judges us, but the commitment to redemption by which he justifies us by faith.

Add this to the list of "insight".

"God who began salvation in the born again, will HIMSELF be Faithful to Complete it".

and

"Looking to JESUS = the author and FINISHER of our FAITH".

Salvation is ALL of God, given as "the gift of Salvation".

Upvote 0

Ron Evartt

Jul 10, 2020
Broken Arrow
✟17,429.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Add this to the list of "insight".

"God who began salvation in the born again, will HIMSELF be Faithful to Complete it".

and

"Looking to JESUS = the author and FINISHER of our FAITH".

Salvation is ALL of God, given as "the gift of Salvation".

Behold,
The problem with your understanding is you separate Jesus from His Word. Replace "the Word" in every place you find the Word "Jesus" and this will give you great insight of all that's being said.
Joh 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
Joh 1:2 The same was in the beginning with God.
Joh 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

The Word (Jesus) has been from the beginning. Everywhere, new or old, you see anything spoken by God, it's Jesus, the Word that's speaking. That's why to be a follower of Jesus is to be a follower of all God's Word. Shalom!

Joh_7:16 Jesus answered them, and said, My doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me.

Upvote 0

hedrick

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Feb 8, 2009
New Jersey
✟1,148,308.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Behold,
The problem with your understanding is you separate Jesus from His Word. Replace "the Word" in every place you find the Word "Jesus" and this will give you great insight of all that's being said.
Joh 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
Joh 1:2 The same was in the beginning with God.
Joh 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

The Word (Jesus) has been from the beginning. Everywhere, new or old, you see anything spoken by God, it's Jesus, the Word that's speaking. That's why to be a follower of Jesus is to be a follower of all God's Word. Shalom!

Joh_7:16 Jesus answered them, and said, My doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me.
Sort of. The Word is the eternal Logos. For most people, “Jesus” means a human born around 3 BC. Standard Christology understands that God and humanity aren’t the same thing. Christ has both natures, but the distinction between the two nature is maintained.

If you replace the Word with Jesus, particularly in this passage, you blur that distinction.

Upvote 0

Ron Evartt

Jul 10, 2020
Broken Arrow
✟17,429.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Sort of. The Word is the eternal Logos. For most people, “Jesus” means a human born around 3 BC. Standard Christology understands that God and humanity aren’t the same thing. Christ has both natures, but the distinction between the two nature is maintained.

If you replace the Word with Jesus, particularly in this passage, you blur that distinction.

I'm sorry, but the Word is God, the Word became flesh, and the Word is His Spirit. This is why most in mainstream Christianity have so much trouble. They take it as, there's a God of the old, and now there's the new, Jesus. Just because He became the Living Word does not separate Him from the Father, because they are One.

Upvote 0

Behold

Apr 5, 2020
Netanya
✟13,908.00
Country
Israel
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Behold,
The problem with your understanding is you separate Jesus from His Word.

My faith is Christ is that i accept that the Cross is "the finished work of Jesus".
Its not for me to finish His redemption, with my self effort.
Id advise you to give that up.
Its a fail.

I understand that before God gave me His Righteousness, i had none.
But now that i have "the Gift of Righteousness", i am as Righteous as God's Righteousness.

So, God's word says that im to be born again.
I am.

Upvote 0