✟19,720.00
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Namaste Teddybear,

yes, i believe in hell... it's not, however, like any of the monotheistic traditions versions of it :)

hell is not eternal, in our view, by the same token, neither is heaven. they aren't "ultimate" destinations as it were.

i suppose a good argument can be made that hell is on earth, though i would tend to disagree with that, but that's a subjective opinion.

Upvote 0

set free in Christ

Sep 23, 2003
robbinville nc
Visit site
✟182.00
Faith
Non-Denom
In Luke.. There was a certain rich man, which was clothed in purple and fine linen, and fared sumptuously every day: And there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, which was laid at his gate, full of sores,. And desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man's table: moreover the dogs came and licked his sores. And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried; And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom. And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.........

I forget exactly what you call this story but Jesus said that there was this person. Another words he actually lived and is not one of the usual stories Jesus taught.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Havoc

Celtic Witch
Jul 26, 2002
Realityville
Visit site
✟21,635.00
Faith
Pagan
set free in Christ said:
In Luke.. There was a certain rich man, which was clothed in purple and fine linen, and fared sumptuously every day: And there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, which was laid at his gate, full of sores,. And desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man's table: moreover the dogs came and licked his sores. And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried; And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom. And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.........

I forget exactly what you call this story but Jesus said that there was this person. Another words he actually lived and is not one of the usual stories Jesus taught.
Well we don't actually know that Jesus recited this story. We also don't know tht it was the relation of a true event. We also don't know if Jesus knew what he was talking about even if he did speak the story and believed it to be true.

All we really know is that it's a rather morbid anecdote tht is useless in determining the existence of Hell.

Upvote 0
Hell is a disease, manifest by the signs and symptoms related to weeping, wailing, gnashing of teeth and burning with unquenchable desire.The unifying, blood facilitating Peace of Christ is the way out, allowing the only useful organizing principle of life, the Blood, to put all us Humpty Dumpties back together again.

Upvote 0
Hell is. And if you haven't been there yet, be patient, its coming to get you. The important thing is to know how to get out. The organizing principle of life is the Blood of Jesus, the word of revealed truth that flows from His living body to each of us, to accept or reject as we choose. It's too bad that so many choose by using the emotional side of the brain instead of the reasoning side. When someone asks you to give them a reason for your faith, be prepared to give them a reasoned, rational, logical answer. These messages are a sad commentary on just how degenerate our minds have become. Brains and muscles atrophy from non-use.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Rae

Pro-Marriage. All marriage.
Aug 31, 2002
Somewhere out there...
Visit site
✟25,746.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Married
Hell is.
--You can believe that. I don't.

And if you haven't been there yet, be patient, its coming to get you.
--You can assert that. I don't believe it.

The important thing is to know how to get out.
--Don't worry. If it doesn't exist, as I believe it doesn't, no one needs to worry about that. :)

Upvote 0
set free in Christ said:

right, so have you got any stories that could compare it to real life, or just stuff that you read out of a book?

Upvote 0
Have I got any examples of it. Yes! I have treated more than ten thousand people who weep and wail and gnash their teeth and burn with unquenchable desire. And, I've been there myself. But I'm out. And I learned how to get out. It is through the law of transformation. Would you like to know more.

Upvote 0