✟125,259.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
The number of a man.
"Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six." Not a computer, a "god", a philosophy, a technology, or any of that other drek, a man.

Not only that, but the Revelator expected those amongst his readers who had wisdom would know who that man was.

And to whom did he address his prophecy? "John to the seven churches which are in Asia: Grace be unto you, and peace"

First I ever saw was that "animatronic" mannequin of Abe Lincoln at Disneyland. Late '50s, I think that was.

“Vanity of vanities, saith the Preacher, vanity of vanities; all is vanity.” Goes back a ways, dunnit?
The man was Adam. All churches in the world knows Adam brought sin into the world. It does not claim that man was alive. It was just a man from history known to be a cause of sin.

Upvote 0

2BeholdHisGlory

Still on vacation!
Mar 20, 2021
Outer Space
✟11,791.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Not only that, but the Revelator expected those amongst his readers who had wisdom would know who that man was.

And to whom did he address his prophecy? "John to the seven churches which are in Asia: Grace be unto you, and peace"

He starts off here

Rev 1:4 John to the seven churches which are in Asia: Grace be unto you, and peace, from him which is, and which was, and which is to come; and from the seven Spirits which are before his throne

Then writes to the seven, then it says,

Rev 4:1 After this I looked, and, behold, a door was opened in heaven: and the first voice which I heard was as it were of a trumpet talking with me; which said, Come up hither, and I will shew thee things which must be hereafter.

Rev 10:8 And the voice which I heard from heaven spake unto me again, and said, Go and take the little book which is open in the hand of the angel which standeth upon the sea and upon the earth.

He takes the book consumes it and must prophesy again

Rev 10:11 And he said unto me, Thou must prophesy again before many peoples, and nations, and tongues, and kings.

Then this part comes in (which is after he is told he must prophecy again in Rev 10:11)

Rev 13:17 And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

Rev 13:18 Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.

Last edited:
Upvote 0