• With the events that occured on July 13th, 2024, a reminder that posts wishing that the attempt was successful will not be tolerated. Regardless of political affiliation, at no point is any type of post wishing death on someone is allowed and will be actioned appropriately by CF Staff.

What if there are no interesting christian to date ? Dating unbelievers

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟988,436.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Assume u have all that, what if there still arent interesting christians to date, what next than ? Except we cant all be chad.
And your equating "interesting" with physical beauty, which is just not right, and unless you are very, very much physically attractive, then you might have to lower your standards in that area a bit.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,518,863.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So you are gonna marry someone you do not find attractive physically ?
That's a wide spectrum, at least in my case. I'd certainly want a mate I find "visually appealing." Of course. But for me that's a wide range, and it's not necessarily the same set of features in one woman I see as visually appealing to the next I see as visually appealing. I could point to ten women who I'd call "visually appealing," and they won't look the same.

"Attractive" is a dangerous word today. It seems to mean different things to men and women. It seems that if a man says, "That woman is attractive," a lot of women translate that to "I'm in a current state of sexual arousal for that woman," when the man merely means, "She's visually appealing" and might be no more sexually aroused than looking at a sleek sports car that he also finds visually appealing.

Upvote 0

Richard T

Mar 25, 2018
traveling Asia
✟80,000.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Hi,

Would like to discuss this topic, yes the advice is, don't date unbeliever.
But thing is what if there are no interesting christians to date, what then ?
I have waited so long, I still haven't met an interesting christian female to date untill now.
Or if I am interested in the christian female, they are not interested in me, so I cannot force her to be attracted to me, can I ?

Thing is in my years of waiting, I have met many unbelievers that I wanted to date and they were also interested in me,so there was mutual interest, but decided to skip them because they were not christian, but now I kinda regret this, maybe I should have given them a chance, tell them the gospel and see if they are open to become christian.

I have seen in my church that some have tried the date the unbeliever way, some seems to have succeeded converting the other.
I would judge them in the past, but now I understand why, because they havent met any interesting christians to date, it is hard to force yourself to be attracted to someone who you dont feel any attraction.

I mean it is hard to force yourself to be attracted to someone who you are not attracted to, even if she is a christian, it is hard.
I mean you gotta be attracted to her somehow before asking her on a date right ? What is the point then right ? Force yourself to be attracted to her ?

Br,
I did not read all the threads but you might consider widening your search. Tons of great single, sincere Christian women in SE Asia. It's not for everybody but to me it brings interesting to a whole new level.

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟269,274.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"Delight yourself also in the LORD, And He shall give you the desires of your heart."

Seek first the kingdom, and everything else will be added. Until you understand this.....let me give some natural advice....

Yes you should be attracted to the one you want to marry....and it is unwise to dismiss women because they are in a state that we were once in.

Reactions: Curiousmind
Upvote 0

Curiousmind

Nov 17, 2023
Suriname
✟23,364.00
Country
Suriname
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Travel, travel and travel. They just might not be interesting in your, city, state and or country. Try a difference place.
Only possible if u live in a first world country or rich in a third world country. So cherish ur first world passport. First world people can do passport bro dating, recommeded if locally no suitable women.

Upvote 0