Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Ok so you are suggesting to die single or you marry someone you are not attracted to.
Or you could try to tell them the gospel and see how they react, are they open, are offended ? If they are offended by the gospel, do not proceed. If they are open proceed.
I have seen examples in my church where they tried missionary dating, it worked out good for some, not so good for others.
Important is the no sex, no holding hands, no kissing, no hugging rule, as you know the non-christian world do the opposite.
Hi,

Would like to discuss this topic, yes the advice is, don't date unbeliever.
But thing is what if there are no interesting christians to date, what then ?
I have waited so long, I still haven't met an interesting christian female to date untill now.
Or if I am interested in the christian female, they are not interested in me, so I cannot force her to be attracted to me, can I ?

Thing is in my years of waiting, I have met many unbelievers that I wanted to date and they were also interested in me,so there was mutual interest, but decided to skip them because they were not christian, but now I kinda regret this, maybe I should have given them a chance, tell them the gospel and see if they are open to become christian.

I have seen in my church that some have tried the date the unbeliever way, some seems to have succeeded converting the other.
I would judge them in the past, but now I understand why, because they havent met any interesting christians to date, it is hard to force yourself to be attracted to someone who you dont feel any attraction.

I mean it is hard to force yourself to be attracted to someone who you are not attracted to, even if she is a christian, it is hard.
I mean you gotta be attracted to her somehow before asking her on a date right ? What is the point then right ? Force yourself to be attracted to her ?

Br,
Marriage can be heaven or hell. I married a pretend believer. Guess what my life became after a few years.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,397.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Marriage can be heaven or hell. I married a pretend believer. Guess what my life became after a few years.
Me too, and for years I thought maybe she was the direct close Sister of Satan himself.

Or at least, that's what it turned into before the end of it anyway, etc.

God Bless.

Upvote 0

anetazo

Feb 19, 2023
Meriden
✟27,471.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Second Timothy chapter 2. Don't get entangled in worldly affairs. Get the picture.

Christian people are not compadable with the heathen. Christian people should not compromise their values and beliefs. Get the picture.

Second Corinthians chapter 6 lays it out. We are to separate ourselves from the heathen.

Yes, we are to witness to them if opportunity presents itself.

Luke chapter 9 . Those who put thier hand to the plough and look back, are not fit for kingdom of God.

Christian people should be studying the bible and sharing Gods truth with others. Producing fruit. Get the picture.

We are to be profitable servants of God. The biblically illiterate Christian is of no use to God.

We understand this.

• Informative
Reactions: CoreyD
Upvote 0

Curiousmind

Nov 17, 2023
Suriname
✟11,783.00
Country
Suriname
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Me too, and for years I thought maybe she was the direct close Sister of Satan himself.

God Bless.
I would like to ask you a view questions: 1)Did she believe in God ? Did she respect God ? 2) Was she a seeker of truth ? What I mean with this is, if she discovered that something is not true, was she willing to change for the truth ? 3) Is doing the right thing important to her ? For example if someone dropped some money and you see it, you would give it back for example.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Curiousmind

Nov 17, 2023
Suriname
✟11,783.00
Country
Suriname
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

God Bless.
I would like to ask you a view questions: 1)Did she believe in God ? Did she respect God ? 2) Was she a seeker of truth ? What I mean with this is, if she discovered that something is not true, was she willing to change for the truth ? 3) Is doing the right thing important to her ? For example if someone dropped some money and you see it, you would give it back for example.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,397.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
She claimed to believe in God, but I don't think it was the true God. She respected almost nothing and no one but herself. She cared not at all about any other truth, or truths, other than the ones she claimed to know, or thought she knew, or otherwise made up for herself, etc.

Her one redeeming quality might have been her kindness toward a complete stranger, or a group of complete strangers, but not ever anyone that she ever got to know ever, or that ever got to know her ever, etc. She wasn't a thief, or a physical cheater, but was just completely intolerable for anyone else to deal with, and ever deal with like ever, for anyone who even slightly knew her, or that she ever got to know ever. Very, very abusive, and a lot of very, very much, very deep seated, and lots and lots of anger issues, etc.

She was very, very cruel to all those who had to be around her or deal with her on a regular basis or for more than five minutes, or that was not always a 100% complete stranger to her, etc. And not the average kind of cruel either, but in a way that cannot fully be described/expressed in words, etc, because mere words cannot fully explain or describe her unique kind of cruelty towards almost everyone, etc.

Gaslighting should have been her middle, or maybe even first name, etc. Also guilt trips and manipulation of a kind and on a level that was very, very "dark" also, like almost pitch black almost, in it's nature also. You did not ever want to get close to, or ever even try to get to know this woman, etc.

She is everyone's worst nightmare that would torment you until the day you die, and even after that if she could, etc.

God Bless.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Curiousmind

Nov 17, 2023
Suriname
✟11,783.00
Country
Suriname
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
She claimed to believe in God, but I don't think it was the true God. She respected almost nothing and no one but herself. She cared not at all about any other truth, or truths, other than the ones she claimed to know, or thought she knew, or otherwise made up for herself, etc.

Her one redeeming quality might have been her kindness toward a complete stranger, or a group of complete strangers, but not ever anyone that she ever got to know ever, or that ever got to know her ever, etc. She wasn't a thief, or a physical cheater, but was just completely intolerable for anyone else to deal with, and ever deal with like ever, for anyone who even slightly knew her, or that she ever got to know ever. Very, very abusive, and a lot of very, very much, very deep seated, and lots and lots of anger issues, etc.

God Bless.
Ok, so you see on day 1, with my questions list, you can already determine, it is a no go, a waste of time and energy. Some one who isnt interested in truth searching and keep holding to self invented truths is a no go.

Upvote 0

Curiousmind

Nov 17, 2023
Suriname
✟11,783.00
Country
Suriname
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

God Bless.
///
/// This actually not respecting God of the bible at all, not caring about moral values or doing the right thing. The question should be 1) Does she respect God of the bible, ask her what issues she has with God of the bible.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,397.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
This actually not respecting God of the bible at all, not caring about moral values or doing the right thing. The question should be 1) Does she respect God of the bible, ask her what issues she has with God of the bible.
She had her own set of moral rules that she fully followed, etc, and in a way was a lot more moral than a lot of other people, or anyone else, etc, but she was also very, very cruel, and knew nothing about forgiveness and love, etc, which is the real truth that all must fully know, and fully follow, etc.

God Bless.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,397.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
ask her what issues she has with God of the bible.
I was finally able to get away from her and get her out of my life for good, and it was not easy, and I'm never, ever going back, like "ever", so I don't ask her anything anymore.

God Bless.

Upvote 0

Curiousmind

Nov 17, 2023
Suriname
✟11,783.00
Country
Suriname
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
She had her own set of moral rules that she fully followed, etc, and in a way was a lot more moral than a lot of other people, or anyone else, etc, but she was also very, very cruel, and knew nothing about forgiveness and love, etc, which is the real truth that all must fully know, and fully follow, etc.

God Bless.
So can u give an example of cruel ? So this made me think of an example, for example muslims believe in a set of moral rules or values, but still they hate the jews and christians.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,397.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
So can u give an example of cruel ? So this made me think of an example, for example muslims believe in a set of moral rules or values, but still they hate the jews and christians.
She generally doesn't ever lie, cheat, or steal ever, except for those lies that she tells herself of course, that she's completely oblivious to, but she won't ever compromise those other morals like ever, whereas I know a lot of people that would, etc, and as for specific examples of her cruelty, I don't know if there is enough room for all the words that need to be said about it here, so I'll have to get back to you about that one later, ok.

Right now I have to go for now, etc.

God Bless.

Upvote 0

Curiousmind

Nov 17, 2023
Suriname
✟11,783.00
Country
Suriname
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
She generally doesn't ever lie, cheat, or steal ever, except for those lies that she tells herself of course, that she's completely oblivious to, but she won't ever compromise those other morals like ever, whereas I know a lot of people that would, etc, and as for specific examples of her cruelty, I don't know if there is enough room for all the words that need to be said about it here, so I'll have to get back to you about that one later, ok.

Right now I have to go for now, etc.

God Bless.
Ok take your time, I can give u one example what I have observed. Some people of other religions they really don't want to consider the fact Jesus is the only way and that other religions are just worship of demons. You use apologetics to prove and still they won't try to consider Jesus, they sometimes even get offended somehow, it is strange imo, it seems they just wanna believe what they feel to be true not what is actually true.

Upvote 0

CoreyD

Jul 11, 2023
Detroit
✟23,782.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi,

Would like to discuss this topic, yes the advice is, don't date unbeliever.
But thing is what if there are no interesting christians to date, what then ?
I have waited so long, I still haven't met an interesting christian female to date untill now.
Or if I am interested in the christian female, they are not interested in me, so I cannot force her to be attracted to me, can I ?

Thing is in my years of waiting, I have met many unbelievers that I wanted to date and they were also interested in me,so there was mutual interest, but decided to skip them because they were not christian, but now I kinda regret this, maybe I should have given them a chance, tell them the gospel and see if they are open to become christian.

I have seen in my church that some have tried the date the unbeliever way, some seems to have succeeded converting the other.
I would judge them in the past, but now I understand why, because they havent met any interesting christians to date, it is hard to force yourself to be attracted to someone who you dont feel any attraction.

I mean it is hard to force yourself to be attracted to someone who you are not attracted to, even if she is a christian, it is hard.
I mean you gotta be attracted to her somehow before asking her on a date right ? What is the point then right ? Force yourself to be attracted to her ?

Br,

yes the advice is, don't date unbeliever.
But...
:frowning:

Just imagine, if you will - a man raking hot coals into his bosom.
Do you have that image in mind?

Now imagine yourself as an Israelite, and God is instructing Moses, in the tent.
Moses addresses the people.
You shall not intermarry with them, giving your daughters to their sons or taking their daughters for your sons, for they would turn away your sons from following me, to serve other gods. Then the anger of the LORD would be kindled against you, and he would destroy you quickly. Deuteronomy 7:3, 4

Would this be you, in your camp, talking to others - "I know Moses said... but..."?
Think again of that man raking hot coals into his bosom.

Now, imagine yourself in the first century congregation, and Paul is giving this instruction:
Do not be unequally yoked together with unbelievers. For what fellowship has righteousness with lawlessness? And what communion has light with darkness? And what accord has Christ with Belial? Or what part has a believer with an unbeliever? And what agreement has the temple of God with idols? For you are the temple of the living God. As God has said:
“I will dwell in them
And walk among them.
I will be their God,
And they shall be My people.”

Therefore
“Come out from among them
And be separate, says the Lord.
Do not touch what is unclean,
And I will receive you.”
18 “I will be a Father to you,
And you shall be My sons and daughters,
Says the Lord Almighty.”

Would you be returning to your home discussing with your fellow brothers - I know Paul said... but...?
You know what I am going to say next. ;) Think again of that man raking hot coals into his bosom.

Paul says, 1 Corinthians 7:3
A wife is bound to her husband as long as he lives. But if her husband dies, she is free to be married to whom she wishes, only in the Lord.

We have to realize that these instructions are coming, not from mere men, but from God.
If we see mere men, we will rationalize disobeying instructions. If we see the one who is invisible, we will be obedient, even though some of the counsel may seem difficult.
Isaiah 48:17, 18 tells us God is instructing us for our good. We see that eventually.

It's better when we see it, before experiencing the consequences of disobeying.
Take Solomon for example.
1 Kings 11:4 reads, For when Solomon grew old, his wives turned his heart after other gods, and he was not wholeheartedly devoted to the LORD his God, as his father David had been.

How sad that was.
Solomon was a good man. He really was, but because he disobeyed - likely by rationalizing, he fell victim to his treacherous heart. Jeremiah 17:9
We do well to learn from these examples, and not follow their unwise course.

If we do, it will turn out well for us.
Deuteronomy 30:19-20
19 I call heaven and earth as witnesses today against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing; therefore choose life, that both you and your descendants may live; 20 that you may love the Lord your God, that you may obey His voice, and that you may cling to Him, for He is your life and the length of your days; and that you may dwell in the land which the Lord swore to your fathers, to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, to give them.”

It's a fight, yes, but it's better to do this:
“Make every effort to enter through the narrow door, because many, I tell you, will try to enter and will not be able to. Luke 13:24
scared-family-trying-to-get-room-bunker-door-astonished-scared-young-men-women-two-teen-boys-trying-to-253999833.jpg

Than do do this:
900_ABConcepts_Proverbs_6_27-35.jpg

"Can a man take fire in his bosom, and his clothes not be burned?
Proverbs 6:27

Upvote 0