What if Protestants are right about the Eucharist?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glaucus

The Lay Monk
Nov 25, 2017
The Water
✟45,885.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You know ... my time on Christian Forums has been an experience of discussion and fellowship with Christians of many stripes. Most of that experience has been uplifting, encouraging ... and ecumenical.

Perhaps you're experiencing less than model christian behaviour ... because you're exhibiting less than model christian behaviour ... sitting in your own sandbox ... taking your casual jabs at other Christian groups.

I doubt that was the forum's desired purpose for these individual discussion areas ...
If this is what you consider to be "jabs" and poor Christian behavior, the internet, and especially real life human interaction, isn't for you. Learning isn't for you. Discussion isn't for you. Reading isn't for you. The "I'm right and, if you have different views, you're offensive" mentality is crippling.

Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If this is what you consider to be "jabs" and poor Christian behavior, the internet, and especially real life human interaction, isn't for you. Learning isn't for you. Discussion isn't for you. Reading isn't for you. The "I'm right and, if you have different views, you're offensive" mentality is crippling.

I have no idea what you are talking about.

I have been participating in Christian fora for almost 20 years, ... and have seen BETTER and WORSE.

I, merely, was reflecting that the purposed usage of the individualized discussion areas on the CHRISTIAN FORUMS site was, undoubtedly, NOT to sit comfortably shielded, while taking jabs at other christians.

Then, when other christians call you on it, ... say "Oh, but this is a forum for Catholic sentiment ONLY. We can say anything we want, ... and not expect any cogent response."

To add to the understanding of my posting, it was ALSO motivated by a recent Catholic posting which, effectively said, ... "Oh ... why is everyone saying NEGATIVE THINGS about Catholics ?"

Perhaps we should all follow Jesus teaching in Matthew 7

1 “Judge not, that you be not judged. 2 For with what judgment you judge, you will be judged; and with the measure you use, it will be measured back to you."

• Agree
Reactions: Phil 1:21
Upvote 0

SaNcTaMaRiA

I am a man...who loves our Lady!
Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2007
Iowa
✟169,437.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I have no idea what you are talking about.

I have been participating in Christian fora for almost 20 years, ... and have seen BETTER and WORSE.

I, merely, was reflecting that the purposed usage of the individualized discussion areas on the CHRISTIAN FORUMS site was, undoubtedly, NOT to sit comfortably shielded, while taking jabs at other christians.

Then, when other christians call you on it, ... say "Oh, but this is a forum for Catholic sentiment ONLY. We can say anything we want, ... and not expect any cogent response."

To add to the understanding of my posting, it was ALSO motivated by a recent Catholic posting which, effectively said, ... "Oh ... why is everyone saying NEGATIVE THINGS about Catholics ?"

Perhaps we should all follow Jesus teaching in Matthew 7

1 “Judge not, that you be not judged. 2 For with what judgment you judge, you will be judged; and with the measure you use, it will be measured back to you."

Why are you yelling certain words? It would appear to me that you are the one that came into a Catholic forum and started yelling. Be at peace friend.

Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Why are you yelling certain words? It would appear to me that you are the one that came into a Catholic forum and started yelling. Be at peace friend.

I am not yelling certain words.

The very fact that only chosen wording is emphasized makes for the difference between emphasis and yelling.

I've seen "yelling" on fora ... and that wasn't it ...

Upvote 0

SaNcTaMaRiA

I am a man...who loves our Lady!
Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2007
Iowa
✟169,437.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Don't you love it when a Catholic item is posted and people come into to school us anyway? No fellowship. No actual discussion of the article. Just schooling.

Well Michie obviously thousands of years of Church teaching and tradition mean nothing. Jesus was just making an analogy...clearly.....Sola Scriptura non Scriptura. Jesus said it was His body. His disciples passed it down it was His body. Early Church fathers agreed it was His body......But some "really smart" theologians say it's not so that must mean its not. I am going to go with Jesus and the early Church fathers on this one.

• Winner
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Don't you love it when a Catholic item is posted and people come into to school us anyway? No fellowship. No actual discussion of the article. Just schooling.

I'm sorry.

I, obviously mistakenly, thought that the inclusion of the subject of Protestants in your thread title ... was, indeed, an invitation for Protestants to join the discussion with their own particular viewpoints ...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,677,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
No. Not if they are not addressing the content posted. And you aren't.
I'm sorry.

I, obviously mistakenly, thought that the inclusion of the subject of Protestants in your thread title ... was, indeed, an invitation for Protestants to join the discussion with their own particular viewpoints ...

Upvote 0

AvilaSurfer

Site Supporter
May 14, 2015
NO
✟937,396.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I'm sorry.

You were obviously mistaken.

Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No. Not if they are not addressing the content posted. And you aren't.

So ... I guess that you are okay with inviting Protestants to the discussion table ... so long as you can control and determine their input.

About par for the course, I guess ...

Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You were obviously mistaken.

Yes ... I now see that some on this thread aren't interested in opinions other than their own, ... but simply engaging in myopically patting themselves on the back.

Be careful not to strain your arms ...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,677,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So ... I guess that you are okay with inviting Protestants to the discussion table ... so long as you can control and determine their input.

About par for the course, I guess ...
What input? You have not even read the article and have not addressed one aspect of it.

Par for the course? It's called the rules. You are allowed to fellowship, question as long as you are respectful of the beliefs here just as it is in every faith forum. Calling things "convenient doctrine" is hardly respectful.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Calling things "convenient doctrine" is hardly respectful.

That was a response to a fairly provocative anti-Protestant statement.

I quote ... "some people like religions that were made up in the 1500's"

Again, I reference Jesus' direct teaching ...

Matthew 7

3 "You look at the bit of sawdust in your friend's eye. But you pay no attention to the piece of wood in your own eye.

4 How can you say to your friend, 'Let me take the bit of sawdust out of your eye'? How can you say this while there is a piece of wood in your own eye?

5 "You pretender! First take the piece of wood out of your own eye. Then you will be able to see clearly to take the bit of sawdust out of your friend's eye.

BYW ... I did read your article ...

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,677,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If you read it it must of really hit a nerve. Because you have not addresses a single thing in it. You are just going into another faith forum looking for a fight. I don't go running to GT or other forums everytime the word 'catholic' is brought up.
That was a response to a fairly provocative anti-Protestant statement.

I quote ... "some people like religions that were made up in the 1500's"

Again, I reference Jesus' direct teaching ...

Matthew 7

3 "You look at the bit of sawdust in your friend's eye. But you pay no attention to the piece of wood in your own eye.

4 How can you say to your friend, 'Let me take the bit of sawdust out of your eye'? How can you say this while there is a piece of wood in your own eye?

5 "You pretender! First take the piece of wood out of your own eye. Then you will be able to see clearly to take the bit of sawdust out of your friend's eye.

BYW ... I did read your article ...

Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If you read it it must of really hit a nerve. Because you have not addresses a single thing in it. You are just going into another faith forum looking for a fight. I don't go running to GT or other forums everytime the word 'catholic' is brought up.

I understand that this is how you see things. There's a lot of presumption in your statement here.

I did address the article (in my first posting here) ... as not being rooted in scripture ... as opposed to history, tradition, etc.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,677,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I understand that this is how you see things. There's a lot of presumptions in your statement here.

I did address the article (in my first posting here) ... as not being rooted in scripture ... as opposed to history, tradition, etc.
Yeah right.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.