saulfactuspaul

Jan 21, 2017
australia
✟21,801.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Its easy to be selfish... That's why its popular...

I get the impression your looking for something in life and you just haven't found it, to me christianity is about having a connection with god and this isn't something that can be established just because you read the bible or listen to a sermon, you remind me a bit of a character out of a tolstoy novel and I think you probably could gain a lot if you read his books , also do some research on tolstoyon christianity. Don't try to hard to find answers in life they are usually subtle and easy to overlook.

Ressurection, war and peace, The brothers karamazov

Upvote 0

saulfactuspaul

Jan 21, 2017
australia
✟21,801.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Many Christian inclined folks are terrified of either getting g roasted alive forever while demons pitchfork them in strategic places or getting wasted at Armageddon and being totally unconscious for all eternity. So they try to behave themselves to avoid either of the twain. Is that abnormal?

Thats a stereotype most Christian's aren't that gullible. I really don't care about hell

Upvote 0

Muslim-UK

Oct 11, 2015
✟14,751.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Married
Why do people need proof of it's existence to do good in the world. If it doesn't exist it changes nothing about my beliefs, it's selfish to do good with only the expectation of being rewarded in mind

Exactly, the key is do good and worship God alone.

Many Christian inclined folks are terrified of either getting g roasted alive forever while demons pitchfork them in strategic places or getting wasted at Armageddon and being totally unconscious for all eternity. So they try to behave themselves to avoid either of the twain. Is that abnormal?
It's a perfectly normal state of mind for people who are not equipped with all the information needed to make ones inner self feel at peace. The roasting for life is reserved for the worst amongst mankind. One could speculate the fate of people like Stalin, Hitler, Saddam and other despots will be horrific. Then there are the people who worship the Angel of Light as he is known in Christianity, they too will be shown the errors of their way and have to endure the consequences.

People of any religion and faith who worship God alone, do good works will be rewarded. Those who are agnostic or atheists will be rewarded for any good they have done in their lives, even if it be the weight of an atom. GOD says, he has sent down 1 part of his mercy upon his creation, so that includes the animal kingdom, as well as mankind. It is this mercy, love and compassion we have for each other that helps us get along and come together in the face of calamities and misfortune. In the Animal kingdom too we see acts of mercy, love and compassion. Just imagine then, if this is 1 part and GOD has reserved 79 parts to himself for the Day of Judgement, then *perhaps* most souls need not fear on that day.

*Disclaimer. I'm not a Scholar, the wife is the one who studies the deeper aspects of Islamic theology. I spend most of time in comparative religious studies, which won't actually benefit my soul much in the hereafter, but what can I say.

Bottom line is worship GOD alone and treat people how you wish to be treated, that way you will eventually obtain salvation. Heaven has 7 vast layers, so even if we make it into the lowest Heaven, then surely we have obtained success.

Here's the video of the Jewish brother and his NDE, he came back and is now very devout: The first 50 mins are intriguing and you will no doubt want to watch most of the rest.

Upvote 0