WHAT HAPPENS TO THE UNREPENTANT WICKED AFTER THE 2ND COMING?

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
LGW, I'm not understanding your last statement.

What do you want me to put into my own words?

I've always thought Mr. Wilson to be very good at making issues easy to understand. He considers himself a teacher rather than a preacher. Therefore, he writes and speaks so all can easily follow his reasoning, and as you have seen in the post, offers up many supporting texts.

Let me know what portion exactly, of his post, you are not understanding, so I can be of better help.

FYI, after reading it for the first time, I was greatly blessed. Why? Because it magnified the love of the Godhead even more than what I previously understood. Yes, I understood God/Trinity was love. But love is not a mere word, love must be an action. We must show love in how we treat one another, which calls for action.

When I understood that each member of the Godhead was willing to give up two thirds of their power to the other two for the benefit of their creation, for all of eternity, before they created anything is an act of Love. Wow!

Hi Tim, no problem. I was only suggesting that perhaps if you wanted to share something specific on the judgement to put it in your own words and provide some scriptures. I see God's love all through the Word of God especially in God's justice and judgement for sin after all it is here that we really see Gods' love for all mankind in sending his only begotten son. This is also an interesting study in the old testament of Abraham and Isaac when God asked Abraham to sacrifice his only begotton son. This was a prophecy or object lesson of God and Jesus if you look into it a little deeper and where God's love is revealed at the cross of JESUS to reconcile poor sinful men back to God.

Blessings.

Upvote 0

Tim Ray

Jun 9, 2020
Lincoln
✟14,881.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Hi Tim, no problem. I was only suggesting that perhaps if you wanted to share something specific on the judgement to put it in your own words and provide some scriptures.

LGW, ok, that makes sense, misunderstanding on my side of the globe.

A little recap, I had asked you in an earlier post, “Do you understand God’s purpose in writing the Book of Life?” Your response was: “I believe according to the scriptures that the book of life is the record of God's saints that have passed from death to life who have overcome sin and the world and have washed their robes in the blood of the lamb.”

Your response addresses your understanding of what’s in the book, not why it was written. Therefore, prayerfully consider the following insights as an answer to the question.

White Throne Judgment Revelation 20:11-21:1

Beginning Point in Time: When the 1,000 Years Are Over and New Jerusalem Rests on Earth

Ending Point in Time: Soon after the Creation of a New Heaven and Earth

According to infinite wisdom and unfailing love for new worlds that will be created millions of years later, the Father wants to prove a point at the end of sin’s drama that is very important. The Father wants everyone to see what He foreknew before the creation of life. Therefore, He will break the seventh seal and display the contents of The Book of Life at the end of the 1,000 years. The universe will see that The Book of Life is a perfect mirror of the record books which angels recorded in real time. This amazing revelation will prove two points. First, the Father has perfect foreknowledge. He knows the end from the beginning. Before any life was created, He foreknew who would choose salvation and who would not, both in Heaven and on Earth, and He wrote it down. Second, God can be trusted to separate His foreknowledge from His love. In other words, the Father will not use His perfect foreknowledge to protect the Godhead from harm and He will not manipulate the choices of His children to satisfy His objectives. He will prove to the universe that He will not violate the will of His children even though He foreknows the outcome. God can be trusted completely! His commitment to the principles of love prevents Him from using His foreknowledge to manipulate His subjects.

According to infinite wisdom and love, the Father predetermined that Lucifer and his demons should remain alive until the end of the 1,000 years. By allowing them to live, the fruits of sin will be allowed to mature. Eventually, God will address each argument that Lucifer used to lead one-third of the angels into rebellion. (Remember, the drama with sin is far more encompassing than events on Earth.) The demons that followed Lucifer will clearly see that Lucifer lied to them. Even when they were confronted with the truth, they willfully chose to believe Lucifer’s lies rather than surrender to God’s authority and truth. Going forward through eternity, it will be necessary and important to review this confrontation so that sin’s ugly pall never rises again. Pure, sinless, holy beings can fall and have fallen twice because rebellion falsely promised short term gains. Submission to God’s infinite wisdom is not always easy for intelligent beings, but finite beings must remember who is infinite and who is not. There is no hint of evil in God. To know God is to love God. He has generously provided a thousand answers about Himself and His plans if we are willing to search for them.

Rev. 20:11
And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them. And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.6.

{11} At the end of the 1,000 years, the Holy City will descend from Heaven. Shortly afterwards, every wicked person that once lived on Earth will be resurrected and restored to life. I saw a great white throne and Jesus was seated on it. His glory was so great that Earth and sky were not visible. {12} The wicked were speechless. They stood before Jesus and His throne, both great and small, and a record of each life was opened for review and the wicked were informed of their sentence. Each was sentenced according to what he had done. During the 1,000 years, the saints will sit in judgment with Jesus. They will review the records of the wicked and determine the amount of suffering that each will have to suffer. Please notice that the saints do not determine who will be saved and lost. Jesus, according to the authority given to Him, made this determination prior to the Second Coming. Therefore, the judgment conducted by the saints during the 1,000 years has nothing to do with salvation. The judgment is limited to the matter of restitution. When the wicked are raised from their graves, they will be given the sentences which the saints determined. Later, another book will be opened. The seventh seal will be broken on The Book of Life and the contents will be made known to everyone. Amazingly, The Book of Life (written by the Father before life was created) will perfectly mirror the books of record (written by the angels in real time).

This great day will never be duplicated again. Everyone who lived on Earth during its 6,000 year history will be alive and present. Sin’s drama will come to a close with every sinner in attendance. The saints (those who overcame sin through faith in Jesus) will observe the Great White Throne event from the walls of the Holy City. Down below and surrounding the Holy City, there will be a numberless multitude of wicked people. The wicked surrounding the city will include those who were thrown alive into the lake of fire (a sea of fire) at the Second Coming,10 and everyone else whom God could not save.

Rev. 20:13-15
And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works. And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

{13} Hades (the grave) gave up every person who had died. Thus, everyone who lived on Earth during the 6,000 years of sin was present and accounted for. After Jesus explained why he could not save each wicked person, each of the wicked was sentenced according to what he had done to others. {14} Then, all of the wicked (including Lucifer and his demons) were thrown into the lake of fire and the lake of fire burns them up. The wicked die the second death, a death from which there is no hope of resurrection. {15} If anyone’s name was not found written in The Book of Life, he was thrown alive into the lake of fire by a God of love!

At this point, we should briefly review four concepts: First, the Bible says that the penalty for sin is death, not living in hell forever.11 Death is a state of silence, where there is no thought, action or awareness.12 Second, a God of love is always just and fair. He will not punish someone with infinite torture because no crime merits infinite torment. His law of love limits punishment to a life for a life, a bruise for a bruise, an eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth. God will not exceed them. Third, the fires of hell cannot burn forever!13 After restitution has been extracted from the wicked, they must die. Mercifully, it is the second death that will last forever because, never again, will there be a place for sin and sinners in God’s universe. Finally, it is important to understand that the saints will not see their loved ones writhing around in the flames of hell for eternity because the wicked will perish and become “ashes.” The fires of hell will come to an end and Jesus will create a new Heaven and Earth. The former things will pass away and Jesus will establish a new world order. He will wipe away all tears. All attachments with the wicked will end. The meek will inherit the Earth and live happily ever after, yes forever and ever!

{21:1} Then I saw Jesus create a new Heaven and a new Earth, for the first Heaven and the first Earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea (or lake of fire).14

The Rules of Interpretation

Consider how the Rules of Interpretation (discussed in the Introduction of this book) are observed in this prophecy:

Rule One says an apocalyptic prophecy has a beginning point
and ending point in time and the events within the prophecy occur in the order given. This prophecy conforms to Rule One because Revelation 20:11 starts a new prophecy. Chronologically speaking, verse 11 does not follow verse 10, so a new prophecy begins. The chronological order in this prophecy is self evident.

1. A great white throne becomes visible
2. The wicked of all ages stand before Jesus
3. The wicked are burned up
4. God creates a new Heaven and a new Earth

Rule Two says a fulfillment only occurs when all of the specifications are met, and this includes the order stated in the prophecy. There is a profound point in this prophecy that many people overlook. A lake of fire will be created at the Second Coming.15 This lake of fire will burn during the 1,000 years.16 At the end of the 1,000 years, God will cast the wicked of all ages alive into this fire.17 No one is in hell today. The wicked are not punished before the saints pass judgment on them and they are resurrected to face their Creator!18

Rule Three says that apocalyptic language can be literal, analogous, or symbolic. To reach the intended meaning of a prophecy, the reader must consider (a) the context, (b) the use of parallel language in the Bible, and (c) if an element is thought to be symbolic, the Bible must interpret the symbol with a relevant text. The language used in this prophecy is not symbolic because there are no relevant texts defining a symbol. On the other hand, we find liberal use of analogous and literal language. For example, death and Hades (the grave) will be thrown into the lake of fire.19 Personi fication is used to describe the end of sin’s curse. Paul says, “The last enemy to be destroyed is death.”20 Of course, when death is no more, the grave will not be necessary. Thus, death and the grave will be destroyed in the lake of fire.

Rule Four says, but not used in this prophecy. The presence or absence of the Jubilee Calendar determines how God measures time. If a prophetic time period occurs during the operation of the Jubilee Calendar (1437 B.C. - 1994), time is translated as a day for a year; otherwise, translation is not permitted. (See Appendix A for further study of the Jubilee Calendar.)

References:
  1. Without realizing it, many Christians treat Luke 16:19-31 as a fact instead of a parable. This puts the Bible in a state of internal conflict because the Bible does not teach opposing concepts.
  2. 1 Thessalonians 4:15-17
  3. Deuteronomy 6:4; Malachi 3:6; 1 Timothy 2:5,6
  4. 1 John 4:8,16; John 3:16
  5. Malachi 1:14; 3:6; Hebrews 13:8
  6. Luke 6:30; Obadiah 1:15; Romans 12:19
  7. 1 Corinthians 6:1-3; Revelation 20:6
  8. Ecclesiastes 12:14; 2 Corinthians 5:10 The Bible indicates that angels in Heaven record every aspect of human behavior. (Daniel 7:9,10; Malachi 3:16; Revelation 20:12.) This explains why books of record are used to judge the dead prior to the Second Coming. Jesus will also use these same books to silence any discrepancy a wicked person might have when he receives his sentence at the end of the 1,000 years. In other words, if a wicked person claims that God’s judgment of him is unfair, Jesus will present the evidence that He used when making His determination. Since these records exist, God has evidently enabled certain angels to be impartial observers and chroniclers of human conduct. Their job is to record the words, thoughts, and actions of every person (including Lucifer and the angels that were cast out of Heaven) and their work is represented in the Bible as books of record. (I am sure Heaven uses a technology that is far greater than books or video duplication, but I am sure you understand the concept.) If such angels do not exist and God Himself is the recorder of human conduct, a conflict of interest occurs, because the Judge uses records that He wrote as the basis for His judgment. Therefore, it seems fair and reasonable to conclude that God has assigned intelligent angels to serve as third-party observers of human conduct. If so, these angels have nothing to gain or lose. Their job is to simply record the facts. This arrangement aligns with a generous God of light who exalts principles of love, who does nothing shady, who has nothing to hide, and has done everything possible to save each sinner.
  9. Isaiah 45:18-24
  10. Revelation 19:20; 20:10
  11. Romans 6:23
  12. Ecclesiastes 9:5-6; Psalm 115:17
  13. Malachi 4:3
  14. John says “there was no more sea” after the first Heaven and first Earth passed away. John uses two different Greek words thalassa (sea) and limne (lake) in two consecutive verses and this has caused some confusion. (Revelation 20:15; Revelation 21:1) Evidently, John uses the word thalassas (sea) in Revelation 21:1 instead of limne (lake) because the lake of fire engulfs the whole world at the very end. Thus, the first Earth passes away and is totally destroyed by fire. John’s use of two different words so it can be seen as progressive, that is, the lake (of fire) becomes a sea (of fire). This fire destroys the elements
    of the first Heaven and the first Earth. (2 Peter 3:12) Compare the use of thalassas and limne in Matthew 4:18, Mark 1:16 and John 6:17 with Luke 5:1 and 8:22,23.
  15. Revelation 19:20
  16. Revelation 20:10
  17. Revelation 20:15
  18. For more information on what happens when a person dies, please see Chapter 13 in my book, Jesus: The Alpha and The Omega or download this chapter at: http://www. wake-up.org/Alpha/Chapter13.htm.
  19. Revelation 20:14
  20. 1 Corinthians 15:26
Taken from, Jesus Final Victory, Author: Larry Wilson

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
LGW, ok, that makes sense, misunderstanding on my side of the globe.

A little recap, I had asked you in an earlier post, “Do you understand God’s purpose in writing the Book of Life?” Your response was: “I believe according to the scriptures that the book of life is the record of God's saints that have passed from death to life who have overcome sin and the world and have washed their robes in the blood of the lamb.”

Your response addresses your understanding of what’s in the book, not why it was written. Therefore, prayerfully consider the following insights as an answer to the question.

White Throne Judgment Revelation 20:11-21:1

Beginning Point in Time: When the 1,000 Years Are Over and New Jerusalem Rests on Earth

Ending Point in Time: Soon after the Creation of a New Heaven and Earth

According to infinite wisdom and unfailing love for new worlds that will be created millions of years later, the Father wants to prove a point at the end of sin’s drama that is very important. The Father wants everyone to see what He foreknew before the creation of life. Therefore, He will break the seventh seal and display the contents of The Book of Life at the end of the 1,000 years. The universe will see that The Book of Life is a perfect mirror of the record books which angels recorded in real time. This amazing revelation will prove two points. First, the Father has perfect foreknowledge. He knows the end from the beginning. Before any life was created, He foreknew who would choose salvation and who would not, both in Heaven and on Earth, and He wrote it down. Second, God can be trusted to separate His foreknowledge from His love. In other words, the Father will not use His perfect foreknowledge to protect the Godhead from harm and He will not manipulate the choices of His children to satisfy His objectives. He will prove to the universe that He will not violate the will of His children even though He foreknows the outcome. God can be trusted completely! His commitment to the principles of love prevents Him from using His foreknowledge to manipulate His subjects.

According to infinite wisdom and love, the Father predetermined that Lucifer and his demons should remain alive until the end of the 1,000 years. By allowing them to live, the fruits of sin will be allowed to mature. Eventually, God will address each argument that Lucifer used to lead one-third of the angels into rebellion. (Remember, the drama with sin is far more encompassing than events on Earth.) The demons that followed Lucifer will clearly see that Lucifer lied to them. Even when they were confronted with the truth, they willfully chose to believe Lucifer’s lies rather than surrender to God’s authority and truth. Going forward through eternity, it will be necessary and important to review this confrontation so that sin’s ugly pall never rises again. Pure, sinless, holy beings can fall and have fallen twice because rebellion falsely promised short term gains. Submission to God’s infinite wisdom is not always easy for intelligent beings, but finite beings must remember who is infinite and who is not. There is no hint of evil in God. To know God is to love God. He has generously provided a thousand answers about Himself and His plans if we are willing to search for them.

Rev. 20:11
And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them. And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.6.

{11} At the end of the 1,000 years, the Holy City will descend from Heaven. Shortly afterwards, every wicked person that once lived on Earth will be resurrected and restored to life. I saw a great white throne and Jesus was seated on it. His glory was so great that Earth and sky were not visible. {12} The wicked were speechless. They stood before Jesus and His throne, both great and small, and a record of each life was opened for review and the wicked were informed of their sentence. Each was sentenced according to what he had done. During the 1,000 years, the saints will sit in judgment with Jesus. They will review the records of the wicked and determine the amount of suffering that each will have to suffer. Please notice that the saints do not determine who will be saved and lost. Jesus, according to the authority given to Him, made this determination prior to the Second Coming. Therefore, the judgment conducted by the saints during the 1,000 years has nothing to do with salvation. The judgment is limited to the matter of restitution. When the wicked are raised from their graves, they will be given the sentences which the saints determined. Later, another book will be opened. The seventh seal will be broken on The Book of Life and the contents will be made known to everyone. Amazingly, The Book of Life (written by the Father before life was created) will perfectly mirror the books of record (written by the angels in real time).

This great day will never be duplicated again. Everyone who lived on Earth during its 6,000 year history will be alive and present. Sin’s drama will come to a close with every sinner in attendance. The saints (those who overcame sin through faith in Jesus) will observe the Great White Throne event from the walls of the Holy City. Down below and surrounding the Holy City, there will be a numberless multitude of wicked people. The wicked surrounding the city will include those who were thrown alive into the lake of fire (a sea of fire) at the Second Coming,10 and everyone else whom God could not save.

Rev. 20:13-15
And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works. And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

{13} Hades (the grave) gave up every person who had died. Thus, everyone who lived on Earth during the 6,000 years of sin was present and accounted for. After Jesus explained why he could not save each wicked person, each of the wicked was sentenced according to what he had done to others. {14} Then, all of the wicked (including Lucifer and his demons) were thrown into the lake of fire and the lake of fire burns them up. The wicked die the second death, a death from which there is no hope of resurrection. {15} If anyone’s name was not found written in The Book of Life, he was thrown alive into the lake of fire by a God of love!

At this point, we should briefly review four concepts: First, the Bible says that the penalty for sin is death, not living in hell forever.11 Death is a state of silence, where there is no thought, action or awareness.12 Second, a God of love is always just and fair. He will not punish someone with infinite torture because no crime merits infinite torment. His law of love limits punishment to a life for a life, a bruise for a bruise, an eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth. God will not exceed them. Third, the fires of hell cannot burn forever!13 After restitution has been extracted from the wicked, they must die. Mercifully, it is the second death that will last forever because, never again, will there be a place for sin and sinners in God’s universe. Finally, it is important to understand that the saints will not see their loved ones writhing around in the flames of hell for eternity because the wicked will perish and become “ashes.” The fires of hell will come to an end and Jesus will create a new Heaven and Earth. The former things will pass away and Jesus will establish a new world order. He will wipe away all tears. All attachments with the wicked will end. The meek will inherit the Earth and live happily ever after, yes forever and ever!

{21:1} Then I saw Jesus create a new Heaven and a new Earth, for the first Heaven and the first Earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea (or lake of fire).14

The Rules of Interpretation

Consider how the Rules of Interpretation (discussed in the Introduction of this book) are observed in this prophecy:

Rule One says an apocalyptic prophecy has a beginning point
and ending point in time and the events within the prophecy occur in the order given. This prophecy conforms to Rule One because Revelation 20:11 starts a new prophecy. Chronologically speaking, verse 11 does not follow verse 10, so a new prophecy begins. The chronological order in this prophecy is self evident.

1. A great white throne becomes visible
2. The wicked of all ages stand before Jesus
3. The wicked are burned up
4. God creates a new Heaven and a new Earth

Rule Two says a fulfillment only occurs when all of the specifications are met, and this includes the order stated in the prophecy. There is a profound point in this prophecy that many people overlook. A lake of fire will be created at the Second Coming.15 This lake of fire will burn during the 1,000 years.16 At the end of the 1,000 years, God will cast the wicked of all ages alive into this fire.17 No one is in hell today. The wicked are not punished before the saints pass judgment on them and they are resurrected to face their Creator!18

Rule Three says that apocalyptic language can be literal, analogous, or symbolic. To reach the intended meaning of a prophecy, the reader must consider (a) the context, (b) the use of parallel language in the Bible, and (c) if an element is thought to be symbolic, the Bible must interpret the symbol with a relevant text. The language used in this prophecy is not symbolic because there are no relevant texts defining a symbol. On the other hand, we find liberal use of analogous and literal language. For example, death and Hades (the grave) will be thrown into the lake of fire.19 Personi fication is used to describe the end of sin’s curse. Paul says, “The last enemy to be destroyed is death.”20 Of course, when death is no more, the grave will not be necessary. Thus, death and the grave will be destroyed in the lake of fire.

Rule Four says, but not used in this prophecy. The presence or absence of the Jubilee Calendar determines how God measures time. If a prophetic time period occurs during the operation of the Jubilee Calendar (1437 B.C. - 1994), time is translated as a day for a year; otherwise, translation is not permitted. (See Appendix A for further study of the Jubilee Calendar.)

References:
  1. Without realizing it, many Christians treat Luke 16:19-31 as a fact instead of a parable. This puts the Bible in a state of internal conflict because the Bible does not teach opposing concepts.
  2. 1 Thessalonians 4:15-17
  3. Deuteronomy 6:4; Malachi 3:6; 1 Timothy 2:5,6
  4. 1 John 4:8,16; John 3:16
  5. Malachi 1:14; 3:6; Hebrews 13:8
  6. Luke 6:30; Obadiah 1:15; Romans 12:19
  7. 1 Corinthians 6:1-3; Revelation 20:6
  8. Ecclesiastes 12:14; 2 Corinthians 5:10 The Bible indicates that angels in Heaven record every aspect of human behavior. (Daniel 7:9,10; Malachi 3:16; Revelation 20:12.) This explains why books of record are used to judge the dead prior to the Second Coming. Jesus will also use these same books to silence any discrepancy a wicked person might have when he receives his sentence at the end of the 1,000 years. In other words, if a wicked person claims that God’s judgment of him is unfair, Jesus will present the evidence that He used when making His determination. Since these records exist, God has evidently enabled certain angels to be impartial observers and chroniclers of human conduct. Their job is to record the words, thoughts, and actions of every person (including Lucifer and the angels that were cast out of Heaven) and their work is represented in the Bible as books of record. (I am sure Heaven uses a technology that is far greater than books or video duplication, but I am sure you understand the concept.) If such angels do not exist and God Himself is the recorder of human conduct, a conflict of interest occurs, because the Judge uses records that He wrote as the basis for His judgment. Therefore, it seems fair and reasonable to conclude that God has assigned intelligent angels to serve as third-party observers of human conduct. If so, these angels have nothing to gain or lose. Their job is to simply record the facts. This arrangement aligns with a generous God of light who exalts principles of love, who does nothing shady, who has nothing to hide, and has done everything possible to save each sinner.
  9. Isaiah 45:18-24
  10. Revelation 19:20; 20:10
  11. Romans 6:23
  12. Ecclesiastes 9:5-6; Psalm 115:17
  13. Malachi 4:3
  14. John says “there was no more sea” after the first Heaven and first Earth passed away. John uses two different Greek words thalassa (sea) and limne (lake) in two consecutive verses and this has caused some confusion. (Revelation 20:15; Revelation 21:1) Evidently, John uses the word thalassas (sea) in Revelation 21:1 instead of limne (lake) because the lake of fire engulfs the whole world at the very end. Thus, the first Earth passes away and is totally destroyed by fire. John’s use of two different words so it can be seen as progressive, that is, the lake (of fire) becomes a sea (of fire). This fire destroys the elements
    of the first Heaven and the first Earth. (2 Peter 3:12) Compare the use of thalassas and limne in Matthew 4:18, Mark 1:16 and John 6:17 with Luke 5:1 and 8:22,23.
  15. Revelation 19:20
  16. Revelation 20:10
  17. Revelation 20:15
  18. For more information on what happens when a person dies, please see Chapter 13 in my book, Jesus: The Alpha and The Omega or download this chapter at: http://www. wake-up.org/Alpha/Chapter13.htm.
  19. Revelation 20:14
  20. 1 Corinthians 15:26
Taken from, Jesus Final Victory, Author: Larry Wilson

Hi Tim, thanks for sharing this so it was earsier to read. I can agree with most of what is there but for me I do not see this section in the scriptures...

Larry Wilson wrote: "Rule Two says a fulfillment only occurs when all of the specifications are met, and this includes the order stated in the prophecy. There is a profound point in this prophecy that many people overlook. A lake of fire will be created at the Second Coming. 15 This lake of fire will burn during the 1,000 years.16 At the end of the 1,000 years, God will cast the wicked of all ages alive into this fire.17 No one is in hell today. The wicked are not punished before the saints pass judgment on them and they are resurrected to face their Creator!18"

I do not see that a timeline is given in Revelation 19 for the lake of fire burning for 1000 years. That said the results are the same at the second coming. The wicked that are alive will be killed by fire *2 Thessalonians 1:7-9 at the second coming. The second death (eternal) does not take place until after the second resurrection 1000 years latter after judgement at which time the wicked will be cast into the lake of fire (Revelation 21:7-8).

God bless.

Upvote 0

Tim Ray

Jun 9, 2020
Lincoln
✟14,881.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I do not see that a timeline is given in Revelation 19 for the lake of fire burning for 1000 years. That said the results are the same at the second coming. The wicked that are alive will be killed by fire *2 Thessalonians 1:7-9 at the second coming.

LGW, you said: “The wicked that are alive will be killed by fire *2 Thessalonians 1:7-9 at the second coming.” I don’t believe the Bible conveys that, and here is why. Paul is tellings his followers that when Jesus comes at His second coming in all his glory, (Paul describes it as, “when the Lord Jesus is revealed from heaven in blazing fire with his powerful angels”) (NIV) In (Rev. 19:11-21) John describes the coming of Christ, in vs.12, “His[Jesus] eyes are like blazing fire.” Again, in reference to Christ glory. So, Paul like John is not saying the wicked will be burned up at Christ second coming, but rather, Christ will be coming in brilliant glory, as a blazing fire.

If it were as you say, you create a internal conflict between(2 Thess.1:7-9 and Rev.19:11-21). Because John says the wicked will be destroyed at Christ second coming by the sharp sword [command to die] which comes out of Jesus’s mouth, and all the birds gorged themselves on their flesh. However, at this same time, (the second coming) the beast [having seven heads and ten horns,(Rev. 13] and the false prophet were thrown in into a fiery lake of burning sulfur.

Now, adding more detail from the same prophecy (Rev.19:11 -20:10) (Rev. 20:7) says. “When the thousand years were over, Satan will be release from his prison[spirit realm] to deceive the nations. Vs 10, and the devil who deceived the nations was thrown into the lake of burning sulfur, were the beast and the false prophet had been thrown…”

Question, would it be possible to throw Satan into the lake of burning sulfur, where the beast and the false prophet had been thrown, if that fire were not still burning at the end of the thousand years?

If that fire had gone out, and another fire started, it could not be said, that they were thrown into the same fire the false prophet and beast were thrown, would you agree?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
LGW, you said: “The wicked that are alive will be killed by fire *2 Thessalonians 1:7-9 at the second coming.” I don’t believe the Bible conveys that, and here is why. Paul is tellings his followers that when Jesus comes at His second coming in all his glory, (Paul describes it as, “when the Lord Jesus is revealed from heaven in blazing fire with his powerful angels”) (NIV) In (Rev. 19:11-21) John describes the coming of Christ, in vs.12, “His[Jesus] eyes are like blazing fire.” Again, in reference to Christ glory. So, Paul like John is not saying the wicked will be burned up at Christ second coming, but rather, Christ will be coming in brilliant glory, as a blazing fire.

I believe it is directly conveyed and written in the scriptures that were quoted to you.

2 THESALONIANS 1:7-9 [7], And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels, [8], In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:[9], Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power;

Note that at the second coming from the presence of the Lord, the wicked that are alive are destroyed
The Greek words used here for destruction is G3639 ὄλεθρος; olethros means death. The wicked that are alive at the second coming will die before the second resurrection from the presence of the Lord. All those who partake of the second resurrection (1000 years latter) we know partake of the second death in the lake of fire *REVELATION 21:7-8. The same thing conveyed in 2 THESSALONIANS 1:7-9 are also stated in HEBREWS 10:26-27 which I believe have reference to both what happens to the wicked at the second coming and 1000 years latter after judgement in the second death in REVELATION 19; REVELATION 20 and REVELATION 21.

If it were as you say, you create a internal conflict with the same texts I just referenced (Rev.19:11-21). Because within these texts John says the wicked will be destroyed at Christ second coming by the sharp sword [command to die] which comes out of Jesus’s mouth, and all the birds gorged themselves on their flesh. However, at this same time, (the second coming) the beast [having seven heads and ten horns,(Rev. 13] and the false prophet were thrown in into a fiery lake of burning sulfur.

I do not see any conflict here to be honest Tim. As the scriptures specifically state that "Our God is a consuming fire to sin and wherever it is found. We can look at many other scriptures to verify this. For example..

JUDE 1:9 Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them, in like manner giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are SET FORTH FOR AN EXAMPLE, SUFFERING THE VENGEANCE OF ETERNAL FIRE.

The "ETERNAL FIRE" here is the presence of God...

The scripture is stating that Sodom and Gomorrha and the cities about them were set forth as an EXAMPLE to the unrepentant wicked who would suffer God’s VENGENCE of "ETERNAL FIRE". The fire is not an ordinary earthly fire but one coming from God the eternal one. Jude here is describing the divine nature of this fire by qualifying it as pyr aiōnion to the context of an "EXAMPLE" δεῖγμα of GOD'S "VENGENCE, JUDGEMENT or PUNISHMENT" δίκη. This fire is from the presence of the ETERNAL LIVING GOD as GOD is this ETERNAL FIRE to sin and where ever sin is found.

God here is described as a “consuming fire” ......

DEUTERONOMY 4:24, For Jehovah thy GOD IS A DEVOURING FIRE, a jealous God

HEBREWS 10:26-27 [26] For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more a sacrifice for sins, [27], BUT A CERTAIN FEARFUL EXPECTATION OF JUDGMENT, AND A FIERCENESS OF FIRE WHICH SHALL DEVOUR THE ADVERSARIES.

HEBREWS 12:25-29 [25], See that ye refuse not him that speaketh. For if they escaped not when they refused him that warned them on earth, much more shall not we escape who turn away from him that warneth from heaven:[26], whose voice then shook the earth: but now he hath promised, saying, Yet once more will I make to tremble not the earth only, but also the heaven. [27], And this word, Yet once more, signifieth the removing of those things that are shaken, as of things that have been made, that those things which are not shaken may remain. [28], Wherefore, receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, let us have grace, whereby we may offer service well-pleasing to God with reverence and awe:[29], FOR OUR GOD IS A CONSUMING FIRE.

1 THESSALONIANS 1:7-9 [7], to you that are afflicted rest with us, at THE REVELATION OF THE LORD JESUS FROM HEAVEN WITH THE ANGELS OF HIS POWER IN FLAMING FIRE,[8], RENDERING VENGEANCE TO THEM THAT KNOW NOT GOD, AND TO THEM THAT OBEY NOT THE GOSPEL OF OUR LORD JESUS: [9], WHO SHALL SUFFER PUNISHMENT, EVEN ETERNAL DESTRUCTION FROM THE FACE OF THE LORD and from the glory of his might,

The "ETERNAL FIRE" is from the presence of the ETERNAL GOD.

The point here in JUDE 1:7 and the other scriptures shown is that God’s VENGENCE is ETERNAL and his punishment is by FIRE that comes from His presence. It continues until everything is destroyed. It is God’s punishment to the wicked and this punishment by fire from his presence is eternal destruction. It does not mean that the fire keeps burning on the wicked. It is God's fire and God is eternal. It means that "OUR GOD IS A CONSUMING FIRE AND THIS FIRE IS ETERNAL and the wicked will be destroyed at His presence and will be no more. The example shown here in JUDE 1:7 is what will happen to the unrepentant wicked after the second coming when they partake of God’s VENGENCE and receive the second death *REVELATION 21:7-8.

Now, adding more detail from the same prophecy (Rev.19:11 -20:10) (Rev. 20:7) says. “When the thousand years were over, Satan will be release from his prison[spirit realm] to deceive the nations. Vs 10, and the devil who deceived the nations was thrown into the lake of burning sulfur, were the beast and the false prophet had been thrown…”

Question, would it be possible to throw Satan into the lake of burning sulfur, where the beast and the false prophet had been thrown, if that fire were not still burning at the end of the thousand years?

If that fire had gone out, and another fire started, it could not be said, that they were thrown into the same fire the false prophet and beast were thrown, would you agree?

I believe the problem you have here in this interpretation is that the scripture is silent in this regards and does not state that there is a lake of fire burning for 1000 years. If there is a lake of fire or not to me it is a minor point and not worth dwelling on. The outcome is the same. So this is not a problem for me. That said as posted earlier I believe it is the outcome that is most important not necessarily the process. There may or may not be a literal lake of fire and it may be continually burning or may not be continually burning. I believe we can both agree that the outcome will be the death of the wicked for those who are alive at the second coming and for all the wicked who partake of the second resurrection and receive the second death after the 1000 years..

God bless.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Tim Ray

Jun 9, 2020
Lincoln
✟14,881.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I believe we can both agree that the outcome will be the death of the wicked for those who are alive at the second coming and for all the wicked who partake of the second resurrection and receive the second death after the 1000 years..

LGW, yes, I'm 100% in agreement with your statement.

Lets move on shall we? Would like to know more about you personally. Tell me how it is that you are Adventist? What did you do for a living? Do you have other interest besides this forum? Are you married or widowed?

Reactions: LoveGodsWord
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
LGW, yes, I'm 100% in agreement with your statement.

Lets move on shall we? Would like to know more about you personally. Tell me how it is that you are Adventist? What did you do for a living? Do you have other interest besides this forum? Are you married or widowed?

Believe it or not Tim, I actually became an adventist many years ago now purely by asking God to guide me teach me His Word. When I was much younger through various circumstances in my life I began to see that there was more to life then working, eating, drinking and sleeping. I began to read the bible at home in my own time but never went to any church at this time in my life.

One day as I was reading God's Word I came across a scripture in MATTHEW 24:24 that says that in the last days there will be many false prophets and false christs showing great signs and wonders so that if it were possible shall deceive God's very elect.

When I read this scripture it was like God was showing me that these false prophets and Christs represent false teachings and Christ being the head of the body being the church a false Christ represented a false Church.

Now at this time when I was contemplating this it was like God was talking to me saying "look at all the churches of the world all profession to be God's true Church. How are you going to find which church is my Church?"

At this point I could see that to my thinking it would be impossible for me to know who is God's true church as there was so many of them. I think I read somewhere in a Christian consensus that there is arounnd 40,000+ denominations today all professing to have the truth of God's Word, all professing to be the one true church.

At this time I knew I was never going to find God's church in my own mind so I got down and prayeed to God saying God how am I ever going to know who your true Church is? Not long after as I was reading I believe God began revealing his promises to me one by one telling me not to worry and that if I continue in his Word he will guide me and be my teacher and help me to identifiy who His true Church is. God's promise to be my guide and teacher were revealed to me in these conditional promises found in JOHN 8:31-32; JOHN 16:13; JOHN 14:26; JOHN 7:17; JOHN 17:17; 1 JOHN 2:27 which latter I found were all a part of God's new covenant promise *HEBREWS 8:10-12.

As I continued seeking God through his Word I believe he revealed who His true Church was according to the scriptures... This is what I found in the scriptures...

The Greek word used for church in the new testament scriptures is ἐκκλησία means a calling out or meeting of the people. This links in very nicely with

MATTHEW 18:20 For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.

A Church therefore is the people that BELIEVE and FOLLOW God's WORD. They are the called out and Jesus is in the midst of them.

As I continued reading God's Word I found these interesting scripture that I believe help to define who God's true church is here...

1 JOHN 2:3-4 [3], And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep <ALL> his commandments. [4], He that saith, I know him, and keeps not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

REVELATION 12:17And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

NOTE: In scripture a pure woman represents God's people [Church] Jeremiah 6:2; 2 Corinthians 11:2; Ephesians 5:23-27

REVELATION 14:12 Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

REVELATION 22:14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

Notice God's people keep ALL of God's Commandments through FAITH in Christ?

For me this was amazing because reading about God's 10 commandments this helped to narrow finding God's true church down dramatically because when I came acorss these scripture I could see that 99% of those 40,000 + churches out there were not keeping all of God's commandments which is a distinguishing feature of God's true Church according to the scriptures.

This is how I came to become an Adventist. How I came to know JESUS as my personal Lord and Saviour was another story.

What about you Tim? How did you become an Adventist and how did you find Jesus?

God bless

Upvote 0

Tim Ray

Jun 9, 2020
Lincoln
✟14,881.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
What about you Tim? How did you become an Adventist and how did you find Jesus?

Everybody has a story, and I love to hear them just as much as people love to tell them. I can't remember ever not knowing about Jesus. My mother was religious my father was not. Went to a nondenominational church growing up. Typical church goer, no prayer life or bible study. Even less while I spent two years in the service.

Got back into the church when I married my first wife, she and her mother out of a family of six were the only ones who went to church, Methodist. Her dad was a alcoholic. We divorced after two children and nine years.

Two and a half years of night clubing and no religion I found my second wife. No, it wasn't in a night club! Met during a community fund raiser for the hospital of which she was employed as a RN, in surgery. Single, never married, she was 23, I was 33. She was very religious, had a prayer and a devotional life, and active in her church, nondenominational. We were married in six months. No, we did not have to get married! We attended her church after marrying.

About five months into our marriage some friends, a married Adventist couple paid us a visit. I had met the girls during my night clubing days, and we continued on in our friendship, but with spouses.
During our visit they mentioned that their church was conducting a Revelation seminar and asked if we would be interested in attending. We said yes, and found it very educational. We were baptized into the Adventist church at the end of the seminar. That was thirty seven years ago.

Since that time my faith has matured in Christ, and my spiritual gift is the study of apocalyptic prophecy. That gift is what got me into the Revelation Seminar. We were members of the Battle Creek Tabernacle for twenty years. This as you may know was where Adventism got it's start. Mrs. White and many founding fathers lived and are buried there in Oak Hill cemetery.

How about the other questions?

• Agree
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Everybody has a story, and I love to hear them just as much as people love to tell them. I can't remember ever not knowing about Jesus. My mother was religious my father was not. Went to a nondenominational church growing up. Typical church goer, no prayer life or bible study. Even less while I spent two years in the service.

Got back into the church when I married my first wife, she and her mother out of a family of six were the only ones who went to church, Methodist. Her dad was a alcoholic. We divorced after two children and nine years.

Two and a half years of night clubing and no religion I found my second wife. No, it wasn't in a night club! Met during a community fund raiser for the hospital of which she was employed as a RN, in surgery. Single, never married, she was 23, I was 33. She was very religious, had a prayer and a devotional life, and active in her church, nondenominational. We were married in six months. No, we did not have to get married! We attended her church after marrying.

About five months into our marriage some friends, a married Adventist couple paid us a visit. I had met the girls during my night clubing days, and we continued on in our friendship, but with spouses.
During our visit they mentioned that their church was conducting a Revelation seminar and asked if we would be interested in attending. We said yes, and found it very educational. We were baptized into the Adventist church at the end of the seminar. That was thirty seven years ago.

Since that time my faith has matured in Christ, and my spiritual gift is the study of apocalyptic prophecy. That gift is what got me into the Revelation Seminar. We were members of the Battle Creek Tabernacle for twenty years. This as you may know was where Adventism got it's start. Mrs. White and many founding fathers lived and are buried there in Oak Hill cemetery.

How about the other questions?

Thanks Tim. I enjoyed reading your testimony, Thanks for sharing it with me. All glory to God who loves us and washed us in His own blood.

God bless

Upvote 0

Tim Ray

Jun 9, 2020
Lincoln
✟14,881.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Thanks Tim. I enjoyed reading your testimony, Thanks for sharing it with me. All glory to God who loves us and washed us in His own blood.

God bless
LGW, I just posted a new thread. Under Theology(christians only) Subject: the seven headed, ten horn beast of Rev.13. Consider shareing you insights.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mlepfitjw

May you be blessed!
Jun 23, 2020
Alabama
✟44,897.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
They are outside Gods City, in the darkness where they desired to be in the first place. Gods city has gates that never closes the outsiders out completely away. The ending chapter concludes this message. Revelation 22.

• Useful
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
LGW, I just posted a new thread. Under Theology(christians only) Subject: the seven headed, ten horn beast of Rev.13. Consider shareing you insights.
Hi Tim, I will have a look as I get some time. Thanks for the invite.

God bless

Upvote 0

Shrewd Manager

Through him, in all things, more than conquerors.
Site Supporter
Aug 16, 2019
Melbourne
✟364,409.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
They are outside Gods City, in the darkness where they desired to be in the first place. Gods city has gates that never closes the outsiders out completely away. The ending chapter concludes this message. Revelation 22.

Sure, so as long as the Pearly Gates stand open, hope is alive. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be upon all.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Tim, I cannot seem to find this are you able to post a link?

Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
WHAT HAPPENS TO THE UNREPENTANT WICKED AFTER THE SECOND COMING?
(WHAT UNIVERSALISM WILL NOT TEACH YOU).

Wicked shall be destroyed
Psalms 145:20 The Lord preserveth all them that love him, but all the wicked He shall destroy
Psalms 101:8 I will early destroy all the wicked of the land, that I may cut off all wicked doers from the city of the Lord
Psalms 37:9-11 For evildoers shall be cut off: but those that wait on the LORD, they shall inherit the earth. For yet a little while, and the wicked shall not be: yes, you shall diligently consider his place, and it shall not be. But the meek shall inherit the earth; and shall delight themselves in the abundance of peace.
Proverbs 14:11, The house of the wicked shall be destroyed: but the tabernacle of the upright shall flourish.
Psalms 37:38 But the transgressors shall be destroyed together; the end of the wicked shall be cut off
Psalms 92:7 When the wicked spring as the grass and when all the workers of iniquity do flourish, it is that they shall be destroyed forever
Psalms 94:23 He has brought back their wickedness upon them And will destroy them in their evil
The Lord our God will destroy them.
Proverbs 13:13 Whoso despiseth the word shall be destroyed; but he that feareth the commandment shall be rewarded
Proverbs 10:29 The way of the Lord is strength to the upright, but destruction shall be the workers of iniquity.
Hosea 7:13 Woe to them, for they have strayed from Me! Destruction is theirs, for they have rebelled against Me! I would redeem them, but they speak lies against Me
Philippians 1:28 in no way alarmed by your opponents—which is a sign of destruction for them, but of salvation for you, and that too, from God.
Philippians 3:19 Whose end is destruction, whose God is their belly, and whose glory is in their shame, who mind earthly things
2 Peter 2:3 and in their greed they will exploit you with false words; their judgment from long ago is not idle, and their destruction is not asleep.
2 Peter 2:12 But these, like unreasoning animals, born as creatures of instinct to be captured and killed, reviling where they have no knowledge, will in the destruction of those creatures also be destroyed
2 Peter 3:7 But by His word the present heavens and earth are being reserved for fire, kept for the day of judgment and destruction of ungodly men.
Jude 1:10 But these men revile the things which they do not understand; and the things which they know by instinct, like unreasoning animals, by these things they are destroyed.
2 Thessalonians 1:8-9 In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ. Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of His power.

They shall perish
Psalms 37:20 But the wicked shall perish, and the enemies of the Lord shall be as the fat of lambs. They shall consume; into smoke shall they consume away
Psalms 1:4 The wicked are not so,But they are like chaff which the wind drives away.
Palms 1:6 For the Lord knows the way of the righteous, But the way of the wicked will perish.
Proverbs 19:9 A false witness shall not be unpunished, and he that speaketh lies shall perish
Luke 13:3 Nay, but except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish
John 3:16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten son, that whosoever should believeth on him should not perish but have everlasting life
2 Thessalonians 2:10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received no the love of the truth that they might be saved

The wicked shall burnt up
Matthew 3:12 Whose fan is in His hand, and he will throughly purge His floor, and gather His wheat into the garner. But He will burn up the chaff with unquenchable fire
Matthew 13:30 Let both grow together until the harvest. And in the time of harvest, I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them. But gather the wheat into my barn
Hebrews 6:8 But that which beareth thorns and briers is rejected and is nigh unto cursing; whose end is to be burned.
Malachi 4:1,3 For behold the day cometh that shall burn as an oven and all the proud, yea, and all that do wickedly, shall be stubble and th day that cometh shall burn them up, saith the Lord of hosts. It shall leave them neither root nor branch...And ye shall tread down the wicked, for they shall be ashes under the soles of your feet in the day that I shall do this, saith the Lord of hosts.
2 Peter 3:10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat. The earth also and the works therein shall be burnt up

The wicked will be consumed
Isaiah 1:28 And the destruction of the transgressors and of the sinners shall be together and they that forsake the Lord shall be consumed.
Psalm 37:20 But the wicked shall perish, and the enemies of the Lord shall be as the fat of lambs. They shall consume; into smoke shall they consume away
Psalms 104:35a Let the sinners be consumed out of the earth and let the wicked be no more

The wicked will be devoured
Psalms 21:9 Thou shalt make them as a fiery oven in the time of thine anger: the Lord shall swallow them up in His wrath, and the fire shall devour them.
Revelation 20:9 And they went up on th ebreadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city. And fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.
Hebrews 10:27 But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indigination, which shall devour the adversaries

The wicked shall be cut off from the earth
Psalms 37:2,9,22,28,34,38 For they shall soon be cut down like the grass, and wither as the green herb...For evildoers shall be cut off, but those that wait upon the Lord, they shall inherit the earth...For such as be blessed of him shall inherit the earth and they that be cursed of him shall be cut off...For the Lord loveth judgment and forsaketh not his saints; the are preserved for ever. But the seed of the wicked shall be cut off...Wait on the Lord and keep his way, and he shall exalt thee to inherit the land; when the wicked are cut off, thou shalt see it...But the transgressors shall be destroyed together; the end of the wicked shall be cut off
Isaiah 33:12 And the people shall be as the burnings of lime. As thorns cut up shall they be burned in the fire
Proverbs 2:22 But the wicked shall be cut off from the earth, and the transgressors shall be rooted out of it

The wicked will go into perdition utter ruin
Hebrews 10:39 But we are not of them who draw back unto perdition; but of them that believe to the saving of the soul
2 Peter 3:7 But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and periditon of ungodly men

The wicked are compared to combustible materials
Matthew 3:12. Whose fan is in his hand, and he will thoroughly purge his floor, and gather his wheat into the garner; but he will burn up the chaffwith unquenchable fire.
Nahum 1:9-10 What do ye imagine against the Lord? he will make an utter end: affliction shall not rise up the second time. For while they be folden together as thorns, and while they are drunken as drunkards, they shall be devoured as stubble fully dry.
Matthew 13:40. "As therefore the tares are gathered and burned in the fire; so shall it be in the end of this world.
John 15:6. "If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.

The wicked shall die
Ezekiel 18:4-9, 20 [4], Behold, all souls are mine; as the soul of the father, so also the soul of the son is mine: the soul that sins, it shall die.
James 5:20 Let him know, that he which converts the sinner from the error of his way shall save a soul from death, and shall hide a multitude of sins.
Revelation 21:8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and fornicators, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.
John 8:24 I said therefore to you, that you shall die in your sins: for if you believe not that I am he, you shall die in your sins.
Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
Romans 8:13 For if you live after the flesh, you shall die: but if you through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, you shall live.
Proverbs 15:10 Correction is grievous to him that forsakes the way: and he that hates reproof shall die.
Proverbs 19:16 He that keeps the commandment keeps his own soul; but he that despises his ways shall die.
Ezekiel 3:18-20 When I say to the wicked, You shall surely die; and you give him not warning, nor speak to warn the wicked from his wicked way, to save his life; the same wicked man shall die in his iniquity; but his blood will I require at your hand. Yet if you warn the wicked, and he turn not from his wickedness, nor from his wicked way, he shall die in his iniquity; but you have delivered your soul. Again, When a righteous man does turn from his righteousness, and commit iniquity, and I lay a stumbling-block before him, he shall die: because you have not given him warning, he shall die in his sin, and his righteousness which he has done shall not be remembered; but his blood will I require at your hand.
Ezekiel 18:24 But when the righteous turns away from his righteousness, and commits iniquity, and does according to all the abominations that the wicked man does, shall he live? All his righteousness that he has done shall not be mentioned: in his trespass that he has trespassed, and in his sin that he has sinned, in them shall he die.
Ezekiel 18:26 When a righteous man turns away from his righteousness, and commits iniquity, and dies in them; for his iniquity that he has done shall he die.
Ezekiel 18:28 Because he considers, and turns away from all his transgressions that he has committed, he shall surely live, he shall not die.
Ezekiel 18:31 Cast away from you all your transgressions, whereby you have transgressed; and make you a new heart and a new spirit: for why will you die, O house of Israel?
Ezekiel 33:8-9 When I say to the wicked, O wicked man, you shall surely die; if you do not speak to warn the wicked from his way, that wicked man shall die in his iniquity; but his blood will I require at your hand. Nevertheless, if you warn the wicked of his way to turn from it; if he do not turn from his way, he shall die in his iniquity; but you have delivered your soul.
Ezekiel 33:11, 13, 14, 15, 18 Say to them, As I live, said the Lord GOD, I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked; but that the wicked turn from his way and live: turn you, turn you from your evil ways; for why will you die, O house of Israel?

The wicked shall not inherit the kingdom of God
1 Corinthians 6:9-10 Know you not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortionists, shall inherit the kingdom of God.
Revelation 22:14-15 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city. For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and fornicators, and murderers, and idolaters, and whoever loves and makes a lie.
Galatians 5:19-21 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, jealousies, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, Contentions, murders, drunkenness, revelings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
Ephesians 5:5 For you may be sure of this, that everyone who is sexually immoral or impure, or who is covetous that is, an idolater, has no inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and God.
Revelation 21:8 But as for the cowardly, the faithless, the detestable, as for murderers, the sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars, their portion will be in the lake that burns with fire and sulfur, which is the second death

…………….

What meaning can be attached to the words "burned up" if not utter consumption or destruction? It is almost unbelievable that men can read these statements, that He (God) will make an utter end and they shall be devoured as stubble fully dry," and clear finite usage of terms like 'destruction', 'death', 'destroy', 'cut off', 'burn up' and 'be no more' and still believe in a literal, endless hell or the wicked will still be living being prepared for everlasting life (Universalism). The above is an ongoing and unfinished work some of which has been picked up from other places and added to which is simply all God's Word not mine.

May God bless you all as you seek him through His Word

Are they apostates like the fallen angels?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Are they apostates like the fallen angels?

Hi SS nice to meet you. I am not sure if I understand your question correctly. What did you mean by your question? Can you exlpain your question a little further? Thanks for this.

God bless

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I think thats a good point Agallagher. That is where the lake of fire is and the second death according to the scriptures.

Last edited:
Upvote 0