What happens to miscarriages?

Neostarwcc

We are saved purely by the work and grace of God.
Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟921,315.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
What happens to miscarriages and infants who die before they even know what the world is? Do they go to be with Jesus? Why or why not? What about children also under the age of like seven? Are they held accountable for their sins? If no at what age does a person have to be to be accountable for their own sins?

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What happens to miscarriages and infants who die before they even know what the world is? Do they go to be with Jesus? Why or why not?
Scripture is silent on that topic. All we have to go on is the knowledge that God is just, righteous and a loving Father.
What about children also under the age of like seven? Are they held accountable for their sins? If no at what age does a person have to be to be accountable for their own sins?
The bible is also silent on an "age of accountability."

Upvote 0

Basil the Great

Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2009
✟721,243.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green
Most Christians today seem to believe that the souls of unbaptized babies go to Heaven. The Early Church Father Augustine taught that they go to Limbo, not a bad place, but not as nice a place as Heaven. It would seem that those who have been baptized and die before the age of reason go to Heaven. If they have not yet been baptized, then we do not know. The age of accountability is apparently a personal thing and could vary from child to child and could even extend into adulthood for severely handicapped adults.

Upvote 0

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
I believe they are covered by the Blood of the Lamb as they are innocents and at death are immediately taken to heaven. Nothing will change this viewpoint for me.
There is power in the Blood, Wonder working power :]

Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
What happens to miscarriages and infants who die before they even know what the world is? Do they go to be with Jesus? Why or why not? What about children also under the age of like seven? Are they held accountable for their sins? If no at what age does a person have to be to be accountable for their own sins?

David speaks about going to be with his child who died at birth, and Jesus told His disciples to allow the children to come to Him because to them belong the kingdom of Heaven. As far as when that changeover takes place, I don't know. It's probably different for each person, which would explain why there's no hard rule given.

Upvote 0

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
I was blessed to lead a boy of 8 years old to Jesus, NOW many of you will say oh that's way to young but he came forward at church and told me he was a sinner and needed a Saviour. Lol That is a much more mature answer than I get from most adults. Very simple and to the point, I talked with him awhile and he really realized he was in need of Jesus and he accepted Christ as Saviour that day.
So I believe at "his" realization of his sinfulness, He became accountable at that moment

Upvote 0

Neostarwcc

Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟921,315.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
I believe they are covered by the Blood of the Lamb as they are innocents and at death are immediately taken to heaven. Nothing will change this viewpoint for me.
There is power in the Blood, Wonder working power :]

When I was born I was born blue. I didn't have oxygen for a good solid 5 minutes or so. The doctors were about to pronounce me dead but by a miracle they were able to get me breathing for the first time. Then when I was around three (I remember this) my dad let me play with a bunch of change and I stuck a penny in my mouth and almost choked to death on it but my mom came downstairs and saved my life. You're saying that if I had died during either of these times I would have gone to be with Jesus? But obviously God wanted me to live so that I could come to faith in Christ on my own. I'm obviously here for a purpose.

Upvote 0

Neostarwcc

Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟921,315.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Scripture is silent on that topic. All we have to go on is the knowledge that God is just, righteous and a loving Father.

The bible is also silent on an "age of accountability."

I see. I didn't know that. I guess this entire thread will just be conjecture then.

Upvote 0

Neostarwcc

Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟921,315.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
David speaks about going to be with his child who died at birth, and Jesus told His disciples to allow the children to come to Him because to them belong the kingdom of Heaven. As far as when that changeover takes place, I don't know. It's probably different for each person, which would explain why there's no hard rule given.

Yeah they're probably in heaven with Jesus. I can't see any other option if David thought that he would be reunited with his child.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
When I was born I was born blue. I didn't have oxygen for a good solid 5 minutes or so. The doctors were about to pronounce me dead but by a miracle they were able to get me breathing for the first time. Then when I was around three (I remember this) my dad let me play with a bunch of change and I stuck a penny in my mouth and almost choked to death on it but my mom came downstairs and saved my life. You're saying that if I had died during either of these times I would have gone to be with Jesus? But obviously God wanted me to live so that I could come to faith in Christ on my own. I'm obviously here for a purpose.
Yes I am. :]

Upvote 0

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
Yeah they're probably in heaven with Jesus. I can't see any other option if David thought that he would be reunited with his child.

Yup, and I have a child there waiting for me to meet for the first time, by just this very scenario.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The age of accountability is apparently a personal thing and could vary from child to child and could even extend into adulthood for severely handicapped adults.
There is no scriptural evidence that such a thing even exists.

Upvote 0

Neostarwcc

Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟921,315.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
There is no scriptural evidence that such a thing even exists.

What about the evidence that's already been brought up in this thread? That King David believed that he would be reunited with his infant son in 2 Samuel 12:22-23? If there isn't a place with Jesus for infants than why did David believe that he would one day be with his son? And then in 2 Samuel 18:33 David didn't have the same assurance about his second son that died. Why is this?

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That King David believed that he would be reunited with his infant son in 2 Samuel 12:22-23?
Different covenant that was entered differently.

David's child was a Jew born under the Mosaic covenant. That is what we would term an "Opt Out" type of membership, one was born into the covenant strictly on physical heritage.

The New Covenant is an "Opt In" type of membership where one has to actively choose to join. That is what the New Birth is all about.

If you look at Paul's image of the 2 olive trees in Romans 11, all gentile children are born on the wild olive tree and have to be grafted into the cultivated one. But Jewish children are the "natural branches" and get removed after falling into unbelief. They are born on where we all have to be grafted into.

All that to say the example of ANY Jewish child before the crucifixion cannot be used for gentiles and the New Covenant.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,109,676.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I see. I didn't know that. I guess this entire thread will just be conjecture then.
Actually there is scripture. David and his son for one but not only that.
Scripture says that there is a time when children don't know to choose good over evil.

Isa 7:15 Butter and honey he doth eat, When he knoweth to refuse evil, and to fix on good.
Isa 7:16 For before the youth doth know To refuse evil, and to fix on good, Forsaken is the land thou art vexed with, because of her two kings.

Upvote 0

Neostarwcc

Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟921,315.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Different covenant that was entered differently.

David's child was a Jew born under the Mosaic covenant. That is what we would term an "Opt Out" type of membership, one was born into the covenant strictly on physical heritage.

The New Covenant is an "Opt In" type of membership where one has to actively choose to join. That is what the New Birth is all about.

If you look at Paul's image of the 2 olive trees in Romans 11, all gentile children are born on the wild olive tree and have to be grafted into the cultivated one. But Jewish children are the "natural branches" and get removed after falling into unbelief. They are born on where we all have to be grafted into.

All that to say the example of ANY Jewish child before the crucifixion cannot be used for gentiles and the New Covenant.

True. I didn't think of it that way. Thanks for explaining.

Upvote 0