Pennsylvania
✟791,612.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
It is simple i do not agree with reformed theology and their interpretations.
So, if the Reformed interpret something a certain way, you will automatically and categorically go the other way?

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,524.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
So, if the Reformed interpret something a certain way, you will automatically and categorically go the other way?
Look you know as well as i do people (stepped in a theological belief) come here not looking to change their theology. But to prove their theology is superior to all. So if this was of eternal life salvation importance, i may again (after 100"s of times) engage is a debate. But i am not going to engage is a long drawn out discussion about how the church is actually Israel. I know your theologies views on that and do not care to hash over them again for some 30th-40th time in my life.

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,524.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
While yours, on the other hand, matters enough to post it.

Since her post was addressed to me, i in returned addressed a post to her (and not the whole membership of CF). That her theological opinion did not matter to me. Do i not have the right to make that statement.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,699.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Look you know as well as i do people (stepped in a theological belief) come here not looking to change their theology. But to prove their theology is superior to all. So if this was of eternal life salvation importance, i may again (after 100"s of times) engage is a debate. But i am not going to engage is a long drawn out discussion about how the church is actually Israel. I know your theologies views on that and do not care to hash over them again for some 30th-40th time in my life.
I came here as a synergists who held to dispensationalism. Now I’m reformed and post-mil. Most of that has to do with debates on here.

• Love
Reactions: Mark Quayle
Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,524.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I came here as a synergists who held to dispensationalism. Now I’m reformed and post-mil. Most of that has to do with debates on here.
I first have to agree with a theology's eternal life salvation beliefs, before i even to begin to consider any other of their beliefs.

Upvote 0

Mark Quayle

Monergist; and by reputation, Reformed Calvinist
Site Supporter
May 28, 2018
Pennsylvania
✟791,612.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
Since her post was addressed to me, i in returned addressed a post to her (and not the whole membership of CF). That her theological opinion did not matter to me. Do i not have the right to make that statement.
You have both the right to post it and the right to expect a response, even if not from the one you insulted. But having the right to do so does not make it right to do so. But enjoy.... I will try to remember not to bother you further.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,699.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
I first have to agree with a theology's eternal life salvation beliefs, before i even to begin to consider any other of their beliefs.
Yeah. That’s were I was.

• Love
Reactions: Mark Quayle
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AbbaLove

Circumcism Of The Heart
May 16, 2015
✟120,508.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Not to get off on the rabbit trail
We aren't debating if he could or not but the subject is if it is sin or Sins
Consider how the word "sin or Sins" (singular or plural) is used in scripture ...

7 But if we walk in the light, as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, His Son, purifies us from all sin. 8 If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. 9 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. (1John 1:7-9)

Another example whether referring to the sin of the world or the sins of its people. The term "all sin" is another way of interpreting John 1:29. That's what it means to me.

In other words should it (John 1:29) be rightly interpreted as not only the 'sin' of the nation of Israel and the 'sins' of its peoples, and likewise the 'sin' of the world and the 'sins' of its people.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,524.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
How about the original sin? Not the one that Adam or Eve committed, but the one before that that started the whole thing. Isn't that what Genesis 3:15 is all about?

Are you speaking satans fall

Reactions: Lulav
Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,524.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
How about the original sin? Not the one that Adam or Eve committed, but the one before that that started the whole thing. Isn't that what Genesis 3:15 is all about?

I would not think God coming and taking on human flesh has any connection to satan's fall. The Bible states angles long to look into this.

To them it was revealed that, not to themselves, but to us they were ministering the things which now have been reported to you through those who have preached the gospel to you by the Holy Spirit sent from heaven—things which angels desire to look into.

Jesus did not come to help angels. Instead, He came to help men who are of Abraham’s family. So Jesus had to become like His brothers in every way. He had to be one of us to be our Religious Leader to go between God and us. He had loving-pity on us and He was faithful. He gave Himself as a gift to die on a cross for our sins so that God would not hold these sins against us any longer. Because Jesus was tempted as we are and suffered as we do, He understands us and He is able to help us when we are tempted.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,699.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
:doh: Seven pages and only one person got what I posted in the OP. :doh:
Odd statement since you posted a question that asked for opinions.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,699.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
No.

Upvote 0

YahuahSaves

Nov 19, 2022
Melbourne
✟30,343.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Genesis 3:15 happened after Adam and Eve sinned. And it mentioned the descendant of Eve who would defeat satan = Jesus.

Upvote 0

AbbaLove

Circumcism Of The Heart
May 16, 2015
✟120,508.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
GPM (Grace PM)
Perhaps that's the OP's way of bowing out of this John 1:29 "mean to you" thread. Seems like the OP doesn't understand when/why translators decide to use "sin" and when to use "sins". Scripture really doesn't have to be as complicated as some make it out to be.

Maybe, intent is to start another thread on what Genesis 3:15 is all about? Seems like the OP is now contesting what is considered to be the "original sin" in Christianity (but not in Messianic Judaism?).

Perhaps the OP intends to start another thread ... "What is Genesis 3:15 all about?" to see who might agree that thee [original] "Original Sin" is when Lucifer (satan) rebelled against GOD with one-third of the angels also defecting.

Genesis 3:15
And I will put enmity between you and the woman,
And between your seed and her Seed; He shall bruise your head,
And you shall bruise His heel.”​

Maybe this time everyone should just agree with the OP that the [original] "Original Sin" of Messianic Judaism is not the same as the "Original Sin" of Christianity.

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,641.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Those who start with Genesis 3:15 tend to be covenant theologians. Are you one?

Upvote 0

Lulav

Y'shua is His Name
Aug 24, 2007
✟494,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
I would not think God coming and taking on human flesh has any connection to satan's fall. The Bible states angles long to look into this.

To them it was revealed that, not to themselves, but to us they were ministering the things which now have been reported to you through those who have preached the gospel to you by the Holy Spirit sent from heaven—things which angels desire to look into.

Jesus did not come to help angels. Instead, He came to help men who are of Abraham’s family. So Jesus had to become like His brothers in every way. He had to be one of us to be our Religious Leader to go between God and us. He had loving-pity on us and He was faithful. He gave Himself as a gift to die on a cross for our sins so that God would not hold these sins against us any longer. Because Jesus was tempted as we are and suffered as we do, He understands us and He is able to help us when we are tempted.
It has absolutely everything to do with it. It was the cause of all mankind has gone through.

After the eating of the forbidden fruit, notice the order of the punishments for this.
The serpent is handed down a sentence before Adam and before Eve.

14 And the LORD God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life:​
15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and​
between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

Genesis 3:15

Yeshua came to 'bruise the head' of the serpent who had caused all the sin in the world.

Upvote 0