Aug 24, 2007
✟494,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.

Specifically the highlighted part.

Sheila Davis

Nov 18, 2020
Houston
✟65,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Divorced
What /Who is the sin of the world?
John chapter 16:8-9 states the Holy Spirit Will reprove the world of sin because they believe not on me. Verse 11 says of judgment because the prince of this world is judged
2 Corinthians 4:4 says in whom the God of this world has blinded the minds of them which believes not.

I feel it's referring to the final phase of judgment - when Lucifer's sentence is carried out - that the devil is the sin of the world.

• Winner
Reactions: Lulav
Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.

Salvation is available to everyone.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,246.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married

John expanded the scope of people Christ atoned for. The Day of Atonement was for the nation of Israel, even though not everyone was included. Christ’s atonement is for the world in the sense that it is not limited to just Israel.

Upvote 0

fhansen

Oldbie
Sep 3, 2011
✟323,504.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

Jesus’s sacrifice brings about not only forgiveness of sin but the overcoming of it within ourselves, no longer “slaves to sin” but “slaves to righteousness” now instead, Rom 6.

“And so He condemned sin in the flesh, in order that the righteous requirement of the law might be fully met in us, who do not live according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.” Rom 8:3-4

Upvote 0

Mark Quayle

Monergist; and by reputation, Reformed Calvinist
Site Supporter
May 28, 2018
Pennsylvania
✟790,382.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed

Only Christ can take away anyone's sin.

• Agree
Reactions: Ceallaigh
Upvote 0

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟38,903.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate

Curses removed. For example,
Genesis 3:19 In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return.

By a restored relationship with the Father.
Matthew 6:
“Therefore do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’
32 For after all these things the Gentiles seek. For your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things.
33 But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be
added to you.

Upvote 0

Lulav

Y'shua is His Name
Aug 24, 2007
✟494,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
What /Who is the sin of the world?
John chapter 16:8-9 states the Holy Spirit Will reprove the world of sin because they believe not on me. Verse 11 says of judgment because the prince of this world is judged
2 Corinthians 4:4 says in whom the God of this world has blinded the minds of them which believes not.

I feel it's referring to the final phase of judgment - when Lucifer's sentence is carried out - that the devil is the sin of the world.
Excellent Sheila! :oldthumbsup: That is what I've come to believe.

I'm no expert in Greek but studying the word used it does not say 'sins of the world' but 'Sin of the world'.

The bruising of the head - accomplished.

'It is finished' - Genesis 3:15

Upvote 0

Lulav

Y'shua is His Name
Aug 24, 2007
✟494,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Only Christ can take away anyone's sin.
Yet if that is true, why did he say there was an unforgivable sin?

Matt 12
31 Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men.
32 And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,246.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married

Matt 12
31 Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men.
32 And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come.
Not all sin is taken away. Only the sin of those He died for are taken away.

• Agree
Reactions: Mark Quayle
Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,246.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
And who would those be?

"All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men(mankind)"

Did he not mean all?
He did mean all manner of sin. But that doesn’t mean all sin is forgiven, which is evidenced by that very passage.

Reactions: Mark Quayle
Upvote 0

Mark Quayle

Site Supporter
May 28, 2018
Pennsylvania
✟790,382.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed

Matt 12
I don't follow your point. Are you pegging on the "anyone's" I mentioned?

Let me say it another way —if anyone can be forgiven, it is through Christ alone.

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Matt 12
Clearly if someone rejects God they are not able to be saved, it is a sin that they made that decision and having made it and rejected God it has indeed become an unforgivable sin.

• Winner
Reactions: Ceallaigh
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Mark Quayle

Site Supporter
May 28, 2018
Pennsylvania
✟790,382.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
Clearly if someone rejects God they are not able to be saved, it is a sin that they made that decision and having made it and rejected God it has indeed become an unforgivable sin.
We all rejected God until we didn't. He does not give up on those he chose to save. They WILL be his.

• Winner
Reactions: Hammster
Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
We all rejected God until we didn't. He does not give up on those he chose to save. They WILL be his.
I would agree with that but up to a point, I am talking about those who are absolute and non changing in their rejection, they are in fact at war with God. Anyone can be saved some will never allow God to save them.

Upvote 0

Mark Quayle

Site Supporter
May 28, 2018
Pennsylvania
✟790,382.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
I would agree with that but up to a point, I am talking about those who are absolute and non changing in their rejection, they are in fact at war with God. Anyone can be saved some will never allow God to save them.
Nor did God intend to save them. Or do you think they are more powerful than God?

We are all that way until he changes our wills.

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,302.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single

Matt 12

That was not an individual sin, this sin, was a sin the nation of Israel committed. When the people of the nation of Israel let the leaders decide for them. Was Jesus the promised Messiah from the prophecies of The Tanakh. When the leaders rejected The Messiah on the bases of Jesus doing His miracles by the power of beelzebub.

Upvote 0

Sheila Davis

Nov 18, 2020
Houston
✟65,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Divorced
Excellent Sheila! :oldthumbsup: That is what I've come to believe.

I'm no expert in Greek but studying the word used it does not say 'sins of the world' but 'Sin of the world'.

The bruising of the head - accomplished.

'It is finished' - Genesis 3:15

Praise be to God - I thought I was the only one that thought like that.

Jesus said the world will love HIS own
JOHN 15:19 KJV "If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have..."

• Friendly
Upvote 0