traveling Asia
✟69,791.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I read through this thread and there are lots of ideas in here so I thought I would throw a couple of things out there. Feel free to disagree, nor do I condemn anyone for their own beliefs about such matters.
I remember being a new believer, baptized in the Holy Spirit and one Saturday, I had a sort of nudge in my heart. I knew God was going to do something, but I was not sure what. I awoke early Sunday morning and felt as if God would have me give a tongue the Sunday AM service. Now I do not think he normally says this so far in advance, but I was a newbie, and he knew I needed the lead time. I was pretty terrified but young and willing, though the church had probably 3,000 people. I was only going to do it if God tugged on me pretty hard. I also knew that there would have to be silence, as I certainly was NOT going to interrupt any speaker or music. Worship started, after a couple of songs, a woman started to give a tongue to all. The Pastor stopped her, said it was not time. Scared me even further. Worship continued, next a quiet time hit and I felt God say let it rip. I did, and the Pastor interpreted it. Notice the gift in I Cor says diversities in tongues. That one could give one in church for interpretation is part of that diversity. It equals a prophecy, though it is a two step process. 1 Corinthians 14:5 (KJV) 5 I would that ye all spake with tongues, but rather that ye prophesied: for greater is he that prophesieth than he that speaketh with tongues, except he interpret, that the church may receive edifying.
Never mind that the first time I went to a church where I heard a tongue, I immediately, recognized the power. The tongue not the interpretation was so powerful, that it had a large role in drawing me to God. 1 Corinthians 14:22 (KJV) 22 Wherefore tongues are for a sign, not to them that believe, but to them that believe not: but prophesying serveth not for them that believe not, but for them which believe.
To me, anyone can be baptized and speak in tongues as evidence. It is a great experience. However, the gift "various kinds of tongues" would include: (1) the ability to give an unknown tongue in a congregation. (2) the ability to speak in a foreign tongue to a foreigner. There is much confusion between the personal prayer language in tongues and the gift, various kinds of tongues. Paul is not entirely clear on even the personal prayer language, nor does he talk about praying in tongues in a group setting.
1 Corinthians 14:2 (KJV) 2 For he that speaketh in an unknown tongue speaketh not unto men, but unto God: for no man understandeth him; howbeit in the spirit he speaketh mysteries. I think God wanted some faith and reliance on him to operate in the gifts, in love. As you speak the mysteries you will learn more too.
Not too mention God says 1 Corinthians 12:4-6 (KJV) 4 Now there are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit. 5 And there are differences of administrations, but the same Lord. 6 And there are diversities of operations, but it is the same God which worketh all in all.
"Diversity of operations," in the gift "diversity of tongues," makes for a lot of ground that Paul will not explain in a couple of chapters, nor does it lend that any one person would know every diverse operation, of every diverse gift. Mathematically, let's say there are 20 diverse operations of at least 3 types of tongues. That would give 60 different iterations, and who really knows how many there are since Paul himself does not know or say. Hard to put God in a box, when you have that revelation. The same might be said for the diversity of gifts (PLURAL) of healings. Not only will different ministers operate differently, but if you have not noticed, some seem to be able to heal certain diseases more frequently than others. Also, since the gifts are not given for us but for those whom God chooses to bless, even a donkey can speak the word of the Lord. Yes, it is better if we submit fully to God but God gives gifts without repentance and calls them forward as he wills, not our will. My apologies for being so lengthy.

Upvote 0

God bless Joshua

Nov 16, 2017
Sabah
✟19,493.00
Country
Malaysia
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
To prophesy in a congregation at a church service means the person says something but its the Holy Spirit utterance/ Holy Spirit moving his tongue and He can say anything regarding the present situation or regarding the spiritual condition of the church/congregation at certain church. This must be supervised by elders and shepherds and other people with gifts of prophesy and visions as well so if it is man made it can be rebuked by others.

This only happens at the church where the gifts of the Spirit manifest.
1 Cor 12:8 To some people the Spirit gives a message of wisdom. To others the same Spirit gives a message of knowledge. 9 To others the same Spirit gives faith. To others that one Spirit gives gifts of healing. 10 To others he gives the power to do miracles. To others he gives the ability to prophesy. To others he gives the ability to tell the spirits apart. To others he gives the ability to speak in different kinds of languages they had not known before. And to still others he gives the ability to explain what was said in those languages. 11 All the gifts are produced by one and the same Spirit. He gives gifts to each person, just as he decides.

• Agree
Reactions: Heart2Soul
Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟833,852.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
1 Corinthians 14:3-5

But he who prophesies speaks edification and exhortation and comfort to man.
4 He who speaks in a tongue edifies himself, but he who prophesies edifies the church.
5 I wish you all spoke with tongues, but even more that you prophesied; for he who prophesies is greater than he who speaks with tongues, unless indeed he interprets, that the church may receive edification.

Empty is the argument of the philosopher which does not relieve any human suffering

- Epicurus
I have decided to "bump" this thread up because I have had some recent thoughts about prophecy.

Old Testament prophecy was for the nation of Israel, and those prophets were speaking inspired Scripture which is recorded in the books of the Prophets. When the Old Covenant passed into history and the New Covenant became the new direction in Christ, Old Testament style prophecy passed into history as well.

New Testament prophecy as described in 1 Corinthians 14 and it is for the local church to edify, comfort and exhort the believers in its meetings. This is not for the universal church. Every believer in a local church can prophesy, but they don't have the office of Prophet.

In Ephesians 4, it is the Five Fold Ministries that are for the universal church. The ministry of Prophet is listed there. This ministry has a two-fold function. To give prophecies that apply to the universal church; and to train believers in the prophetic.

The first function is very limited because of the divisive nature of the church into different denominations, so that a prophet in one denomination may not be recognised in another. But the second function is being practiced by many successful and effective prophetic ministries.

It must be noted that there are no "Prophets for the Nations". This is not found in the New Testament. There is no support for Prophets giving prophecies to Gentile secular nations. There are "Prophets" giving prophecies for the nations according to the Old Testament style, and these are false and God has not spoken to them, because they are using a style and purpose that ceased since the Day of Pentecost.

There are no "The Lord Declares" type prophecies in these days. The Bible contains the complete revelation of God to mankind, and He will not speak "new revelation" to anyone, so if a self-appointed "Prophet" announces new revelation that is not already inspired by Scripture, he is speaking out of his own heart, because God has not spoken to him. Therefore his prophecy is divination and not genuine prophecy.

All New Testament prophecy has to be judged by other believers. Old Testament prophecy was not judged. It had to come to pass, otherwise the self-appointed prophet was stoned to death as the sentence for false prophecy.

This means that a Prophet who gives a prophecy for the universal church, it has to be judged according to the inspiration and revelation that is already contained in the written Scriptures. Those who judge need to be as the Bereans who searched the Scriptures to see if these things be so. If the prophecy does not line up with the Scriptures then it must be rejected.

This is what Paul taught for prophecy in the local church. This is because New Testament prophecy is given in faith, and humans can make mistakes. This is why each prophecy is to be evaluated by mature and experienced believers and leaders in the local church. A person giving a prophecy in the local church who makes a mistake is not a false prophet. He is just a fallible human being.

But a self-styled "Prophet" who gets up and gives prophecies for the nation, saying "God has declared", or "This is what God is saying to the nation", or "to the church", if his prophecy is found to be false in the light of the Scriptures, then he is certainly a false prophet and is subject to the judgment found in Ezekiel 13.

Upvote 0

Heart2Soul

Site Supporter
Sep 25, 2017
Tulsa
✟158,650.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The Lord has used me in this gift from time to time. He will use whosoever will yield to Him and believe that the Holy Spirit will use he or she. The following the Lord gave me a few weeks ago as I prayed before Him. It is for the building up of the body of Christ. Amen

As you walk with Jesus consider;

Fear not, don't fear. I am your shield and your exceeding great reward. No reward ever posted by man is near to the smallest portion of the reward I have for them that love me. I know you. You know something of me but not all. No man has the capacity to know me in my fulness. Know this. That I have covenanted with you by my own forthright, freely given blood sacrifice. I bared my back to the Smiters and suffered the pangs of torture and abuse to pay for your sins against a Holy God.

I have no greater interest, no other interest than preserving my inheritance because the people I've bought are my own selected ones. I choose those that have joyfully chosen me. Those that rejoice to lay hold of my plan of redemption. Those that have the wisdom to see that a trade of ashes and useless past endeavors for a brand new life with a new spirit and a clean bill of spiritual health is a wondrous trade of heavenly proportions.

I labor long and hard, strive and wrestle with each my children to bring them to my kingdom. It's a new world in my kingdom. Nothing in your last life, your past life, can compare with what I have made for you, for all that excitedly and zealously press on and pursue me and my excellent new covenant.

Continue the race with joy, walk with me through to the finish line. In my favor for you abides a high clear song of full life everlasting that eternally rings and carries to the very ends of all my creation. Those tuned in to my station will be forever lifted by my never ending song of God life. My church is a tree of life.

Keep walking and let, cause every step to be in faith nothing doubting. Every time you raise your foot let it be in faith knowing, believing with all your heart that I will meet you at the next footfall. I never ease, never stop working on and improving hearts. I enlarge hearts. Doctors labor to see that hearts are not enlarged but your real spiritual heart I want to enlarge greatly so that more of me and of my heart can reside, can truly live in you. I want more of my love to freely flow to others from your God given enlarged heart.

I know from whence I mined you. You were only rough raw ore. Dirty and gritty. A large clod of rocky dirt. But I am the master jeweler that takes the raw ore of your life and transforms it into a polished, gleaming jewel that will bedazzle all that see the final product. You will know that I am continually working in you but only as you yield yourself to my hand. I am the LORD but I force none to follow me. Your freewill life offering is your presentation to me. Your reasonable sacrifice in return for my life that I so freely gave for you. Whosoever will shall will their heart to be mine.

My treasures are all the fine jewels I have crafted. From ashes to beauty. From rough ore to the finest jewelry. I will add to and take away as I see fit in your life for your good and my glory. Who besides the Lord can craft and perfect the lives of men? None. No other. I alone know what perfection is. I AM truly the author and the finisher of your faith.

Do not be troubled as you walk but know I walk side by side with you. Arms length is too far and I walk with you much closer. Winds will blow, storms will beat against you but I will shield you from harm. The screeches and roars of the enemy will not harm you. His cries are but a noise so stand fast in my strength. Be strong in me and in the power of my undiminished might. My blood of the crucifixion on the cross was more than sufficient to destroy all of my enemies and they have no might against me at all. Should a child fear cowardly strangers that approach while walking hand in hand with their strong father? No.

Remind them that your Father is the master and Lord of all and that His blood and His word and His Holy anointing cover all that have fled to Him for shelter and refuge against the rage of the defeated ones.

Praise and worship my Holy name as you walk. I will envelop you with my joy and peace as you minister your thanksgiving to me. Do I not deserve all adoration and praise from my purchased ones? I freely yielded all so I am righteous in asking for abundant thanks in return at the very least. I am Emmanuel, God with you, not God away from you. Not God somewhere else. I am with you to stay and I did not come to you so that I could leave again. Do not be silent to me but rejoice in me for I am your very life. In me you surely live and move and have your very being and existence. Those that cleave to me shall never perish but shall fly through eternity born upon my wings.

Leave the details of what you shall do completely up to me. No need to consider or Labor or fret yourself in any way over what lies ahead during your walk with me on the path to the city of your inheritance. You will know all you need to know when it is time. Diligently seek me by never ending prayer. My heart for the lives of the multitudes of lone scattered sheep that dwell in the dark wilderness regions of the world resides in you. Is alive and well in you. My heart resides in all who have laid hold of my new covenant by my Holy spirit.

Deuteronomy 33:27 (NKJV) The eternal God is your refuge, And underneath are the everlasting arms; He will thrust out the enemy from before you, And will say, 'Destroy!'
What a powerful and encouraging word! I just went back and read it more thoroughly and throughout this Word I could find scripture that it lined up with. Thank you for sharing!

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟833,852.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
The Lord has used me in this gift from time to time. He will use whosoever will yield to Him and believe that the Holy Spirit will use he or she. The following the Lord gave me a few weeks ago as I prayed before Him. It is for the building up of the body of Christ. Amen

As you walk with Jesus consider;

Fear not, don't fear. I am your shield and your exceeding great reward. No reward ever posted by man is near to the smallest portion of the reward I have for them that love me. I know you. You know something of me but not all. No man has the capacity to know me in my fulness. Know this. That I have covenanted with you by my own forthright, freely given blood sacrifice. I bared my back to the Smiters and suffered the pangs of torture and abuse to pay for your sins against a Holy God.

I have no greater interest, no other interest than preserving my inheritance because the people I've bought are my own selected ones. I choose those that have joyfully chosen me. Those that rejoice to lay hold of my plan of redemption. Those that have the wisdom to see that a trade of ashes and useless past endeavors for a brand new life with a new spirit and a clean bill of spiritual health is a wondrous trade of heavenly proportions.

I labor long and hard, strive and wrestle with each my children to bring them to my kingdom. It's a new world in my kingdom. Nothing in your last life, your past life, can compare with what I have made for you, for all that excitedly and zealously press on and pursue me and my excellent new covenant.

Continue the race with joy, walk with me through to the finish line. In my favor for you abides a high clear song of full life everlasting that eternally rings and carries to the very ends of all my creation. Those tuned in to my station will be forever lifted by my never ending song of God life. My church is a tree of life.

Keep walking and let, cause every step to be in faith nothing doubting. Every time you raise your foot let it be in faith knowing, believing with all your heart that I will meet you at the next footfall. I never ease, never stop working on and improving hearts. I enlarge hearts. Doctors labor to see that hearts are not enlarged but your real spiritual heart I want to enlarge greatly so that more of me and of my heart can reside, can truly live in you. I want more of my love to freely flow to others from your God given enlarged heart.

I know from whence I mined you. You were only rough raw ore. Dirty and gritty. A large clod of rocky dirt. But I am the master jeweler that takes the raw ore of your life and transforms it into a polished, gleaming jewel that will bedazzle all that see the final product. You will know that I am continually working in you but only as you yield yourself to my hand. I am the LORD but I force none to follow me. Your freewill life offering is your presentation to me. Your reasonable sacrifice in return for my life that I so freely gave for you. Whosoever will shall will their heart to be mine.

My treasures are all the fine jewels I have crafted. From ashes to beauty. From rough ore to the finest jewelry. I will add to and take away as I see fit in your life for your good and my glory. Who besides the Lord can craft and perfect the lives of men? None. No other. I alone know what perfection is. I AM truly the author and the finisher of your faith.

Do not be troubled as you walk but know I walk side by side with you. Arms length is too far and I walk with you much closer. Winds will blow, storms will beat against you but I will shield you from harm. The screeches and roars of the enemy will not harm you. His cries are but a noise so stand fast in my strength. Be strong in me and in the power of my undiminished might. My blood of the crucifixion on the cross was more than sufficient to destroy all of my enemies and they have no might against me at all. Should a child fear cowardly strangers that approach while walking hand in hand with their strong father? No.

Remind them that your Father is the master and Lord of all and that His blood and His word and His Holy anointing cover all that have fled to Him for shelter and refuge against the rage of the defeated ones.

Praise and worship my Holy name as you walk. I will envelop you with my joy and peace as you minister your thanksgiving to me. Do I not deserve all adoration and praise from my purchased ones? I freely yielded all so I am righteous in asking for abundant thanks in return at the very least. I am Emmanuel, God with you, not God away from you. Not God somewhere else. I am with you to stay and I did not come to you so that I could leave again. Do not be silent to me but rejoice in me for I am your very life. In me you surely live and move and have your very being and existence. Those that cleave to me shall never perish but shall fly through eternity born upon my wings.

Leave the details of what you shall do completely up to me. No need to consider or Labor or fret yourself in any way over what lies ahead during your walk with me on the path to the city of your inheritance. You will know all you need to know when it is time. Diligently seek me by never ending prayer. My heart for the lives of the multitudes of lone scattered sheep that dwell in the dark wilderness regions of the world resides in you. Is alive and well in you. My heart resides in all who have laid hold of my new covenant by my Holy spirit.

Deuteronomy 33:27 (NKJV) The eternal God is your refuge, And underneath are the everlasting arms; He will thrust out the enemy from before you, And will say, 'Destroy!'
I read through this prophecy carefully, and I fully agree that this totally complies with prophecy being the testimony of Jesus. This prophecy points right to Jesus as the author and finisher of our faith. I am very strict and discriminating about the type of prophecy that I would accept, and if this was given to me personally, I would accept it gladly as from the Lord.

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟833,852.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
I believe He prophesied at the Last Supper that there would be one there who would betray Him....Oscarr I can appreciate you trying to be a servant of God trying to educate and warn people of false prophets. But really sometimes I feel as though you are trying to destroy any positive attributes of the gift in peoples lives.
This is not about me at all. I am not an adherent of "positive thinking" or that "negative" talking quenches the Spirit or destroys anything. God was negative to Adam and Eve when He said, "Eat of that tree and you will die!" Also, Elijah, having called down fire from heaven at Mt Carmel, stood by as the prophets of Baal were killed. That would have destroyed their prophetic gifts for sure!
Moses, Isaiah, Jeremiah, Jesus, and Paul all warned about false prophets and the consequences of believing their prophecies; but this did not prevent the Holy Spirit speaking to the true prophets. Even though King Ahab had 400 prophets telling him that he was going to win a great victory, there was only one prophet who Ahab said, "He never prophesies anything good about me". This prophet told him straight that he was going to lose his life, and that God had put a lying spirit in the mouths of all his other prophets.

Jesus also prophesied that as it was spoken by the Prophet Daniel that when the abomination of desolation takes place in the Holy place...etc...He also prophesied there would be wars and rumors of wars but the time was not yet, for nation would rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom.....etc.

They aren't my examples it is taken straight from the word of God.
I have given you no reason to attack my character...you know nothing about me other than what I have shared openly. I will accept that you do not believe in prophets and apostles for modern day...I have not given any prophesies....so you have nothing to base my calling as false or true....I know what the requirements to be a prophetic servant are....and though we don't agree on everything it is supported scripturally. The scribes and teachers taught from the scrolls of the Old Testament. It is the foundation that was laid before Christ....the Old Testament spoke of the coming Messiah several times....both Old and New testament are necessary for the Church. Jesus referenced the Old Testament in His teachings....refer to the above.
None of my posts were about you either, so, if you have a true calling from God then you have nothing to defend.

I mean come on, what is the issue, really, Jesus said He didn't come to do away with the law but to fulfill it.
I am seriously grieved at how aggressive people attack this calling and gift. I am not taking offense, just sharing my heart.....this is a forum and everyone is free to share their beliefs......and they do....but I have never seen as much aggression on any other topic than this one.
Warning people about false prophecy is not attacking anyone. In fact, false prophecy and teaching is the tempter attacking the body of Christ and true Charismatics. It has so attacked the Charismatic movement with it paganism, heresy and occult, with counterfeits so deceptive that even the very elect could be deceived. That's how close to the real thing they are! This is not attacking true believers, but providing protection against the deceptions of the tempter who would derail them from the true faith in Christ! I make no apology for that, even though what I am saying is not the popular view among Charismatics these days. Israel killed its prophets because they were being too "negative" for them, even though the prophets were telling them the truth to warn the nation about the judgment to come if they continued in their idolatrous ways.
When I first joined here I was so excited to be in fellowship with other believers, share my testimony and if given the opportunity minister to others and to be ministered to. One lesson I have learned here is that there is no one leading and directing...a thread is created and then the replies start pouring in...some quite harsh against that person...some simply just disagree....some agree and share in addition....and others just troll.....but the level of hate that arises in some of these debates is so discouraging. What have we as Christians become?
The answer to that is to continue seeking the Holy Spirit to inspire you with posts that show what the Holy Spirit is saying to the churches today. The gospel of Christ is not popular, even on CF. It does not draw the crowds; in fact the true gospel of Christ crucified, risen again, the need for repentance and true sanctification according to the Lordship of Christ turns people away, because many want healing, prosperity and everything else this life can give them. Like the thousand who were miraculously fed by Jesus. They got a free lunch, and they stayed around because they wanted a free breakfast as well! And when Jesus said that they needed to be identified with His death, many of His disciples departed from Him.

If all the preaching on signs and wonders, healing, prosperity, positive thinking and confession was replaced in most mega churches and conference by the straight preaching of Christ crucified, risen again, repentance, dying to self, and the Lordship of Christ, you would find the crowds would disappear and find that it would be difficult to get more than a couple of hundred people to the meetings.
The Holy Spirit has addressed the spirit of offense in my heart and is removing that unhealthy characteristic in me....so I wanted to put it to the test and posted a thread..I was called to Prophesy...and then just sat back...within a few seconds the replies started coming in....and they were consistent with all other threads about this topic....but I replied to each one no matter how harsh, I thanked them for sharing their beliefs and blessed them....not once did I get angry, offended or hurt....I simply came to the place here that this is a melting pot of beliefs and teachings and everyone thinks they are correct and all others are wrong. There is no winner....
I don't remember your prophecy or whether I responded to it at the time. You could give me a link to you and I will view it for myself.

I am trying to figure out how to delete my membership....I don't want to be an offense to anyone and I certainly don't want to be provoking others to anger. I really have no reason to stay here. Besides it is time consuming trying to have a conversation....I am going back to studying the Word (which I got slack in because of hanging out here) and spending time in prayer....besides I am preparing to move into full time ministry....going to Pakistan soon to hold a crusade.

I am signing out....signing off...and moving on. Have a blessed day.
Coping with the positive and negative responses to posts is part of the territory of being on a forum like this. It is a good test of your theology and opinions - if you are prepared to be teachable to check with Scripture to see if the responses are correct, be prepared to change if it is shown that you are incorrect, and having the courage and resilience to stick to your guns when you know you are right and what you are saying is consistent with Scripture.

I know it is difficult not to be defensive and correction is never the most pleasant. You need to have the courage to stand your ground where necessary.

Upvote 0

Heart2Soul

Site Supporter
Sep 25, 2017
Tulsa
✟158,650.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This is not about me at all. I am not an adherent of "positive thinking" or that "negative" talking quenches the Spirit or destroys anything. God was negative to Adam and Eve when He said, "Eat of that tree and you will die!" Also, Elijah, having called down fire from heaven at Mt Carmel, stood by as the prophets of Baal were killed. That would have destroyed their prophetic gifts for sure!
Moses, Isaiah, Jeremiah, Jesus, and Paul all warned about false prophets and the consequences of believing their prophecies; but this did not prevent the Holy Spirit speaking to the true prophets. Even though King Ahab had 400 prophets telling him that he was going to win a great victory, there was only one prophet who Ahab said, "He never prophesies anything good about me". This prophet told him straight that he was going to lose his life, and that God had put a lying spirit in the mouths of all his other prophets.

None of my posts were about you either, so, if you have a true calling from God then you have nothing to defend.

Warning people about false prophecy is not attacking anyone. In fact, false prophecy and teaching is the tempter attacking the body of Christ and true Charismatics. It has so attacked the Charismatic movement with it paganism, heresy and occult, with counterfeits so deceptive that even the very elect could be deceived. That's how close to the real thing they are! This is not attacking true believers, but providing protection against the deceptions of the tempter who would derail them from the true faith in Christ! I make no apology for that, even though what I am saying is not the popular view among Charismatics these days. Israel killed its prophets because they were being too "negative" for them, even though the prophets were telling them the truth to warn the nation about the judgment to come if they continued in their idolatrous ways.

The answer to that is to continue seeking the Holy Spirit to inspire you with posts that show what the Holy Spirit is saying to the churches today. The gospel of Christ is not popular, even on CF. It does not draw the crowds; in fact the true gospel of Christ crucified, risen again, the need for repentance and true sanctification according to the Lordship of Christ turns people away, because many want healing, prosperity and everything else this life can give them. Like the thousand who were miraculously fed by Jesus. They got a free lunch, and they stayed around because they wanted a free breakfast as well! And when Jesus said that they needed to be identified with His death, many of His disciples departed from Him.

If all the preaching on signs and wonders, healing, prosperity, positive thinking and confession was replaced in most mega churches and conference by the straight preaching of Christ crucified, risen again, repentance, dying to self, and the Lordship of Christ, you would find the crowds would disappear and find that it would be difficult to get more than a couple of hundred people to the meetings.

I don't remember your prophecy or whether I responded to it at the time. You could give me a link to you and I will view it for myself.

Coping with the positive and negative responses to posts is part of the territory of being on a forum like this. It is a good test of your theology and opinions - if you are prepared to be teachable to check with Scripture to see if the responses are correct, be prepared to change if it is shown that you are incorrect, and having the courage and resilience to stick to your guns when you know you are right and what you are saying is consistent with Scripture.

I know it is difficult not to be defensive and correction is never the most pleasant. You need to have the courage to stand your ground where necessary.
This thread is old, just saw the original post was in 2017. Nevertheless portions of it really ministered to me.
I have grown a lot since this post....I took time away from here to seek Him and to be instructed as well as corrected.
I am not here to defend myself in any capacity but only to share in the testimonies of others and what God has done in their lives.
I have been shown the errors I made in the past by arguing with others and I have repented and allowed God to purge my heart of a spirit of offense and a spirit of self-righteousness.
So in a final response, I thank you for your input...and I humbly ask for forgiveness in how I have spoken to you in the past.
God bless.

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟833,852.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
This thread is old, just saw the original post was in 2017. Nevertheless portions of it really ministered to me.
I have grown a lot since this post....I took time away from here to seek Him and to be instructed as well as corrected.
I am not here to defend myself in any capacity but only to share in the testimonies of others and what God has done in their lives.
I have been shown the errors I made in the past by arguing with others and I have repented and allowed God to purge my heart of a spirit of offense and a spirit of self-righteousness.
So in a final response, I thank you for your input...and I humbly ask for forgiveness in how I have spoken to you in the past.
God bless.
There's nothing to forgive. I have accepted everything as fair debate. But don't walk away from CF while feeling discouraged. Bad decisions can be made when a person is feeling discouraged because judgment is influenced by it. It is the same when feeling angry. Impatient decisions can be made which are regretted later when feelings changed.

You are going to encounter people who are going to disagree with you. It is through CF that I discovered I have a role as watchman, and this is not a popular role to fulfill. People tend to shoot the messenger rather than carefully reading the message.

• Agree
Reactions: Heart2Soul
Upvote 0