✟760,777.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
1 Corinthians 14:3-5

But he who prophesies speaks edification and exhortation and comfort to man.
4 He who speaks in a tongue edifies himself, but he who prophesies edifies the church.
5 I wish you all spoke with tongues, but even more that you prophesied; for he who prophesies is greater than he who speaks with tongues, unless indeed he interprets, that the church may receive edification.

Empty is the argument of the philosopher which does not relieve any human suffering

- Epicurus

Saint Beloved

Site Supporter
May 10, 2017
uk
✟62,522.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Private

4 He who speaks in a tongue edifies himself, but he who prophesies edifies the church.
5 I wish you all spoke with tongues, but even more that you prophesied; for he who prophesies is greater than he who speaks with tongues, unless indeed he interprets, that the church may receive edification.

Empty is the argument of the philosopher which does not relieve any human suffering

- Epicurus

To say that something will happen?

Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟795,766.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
"For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit;" I Cor 12:8

A word of wisdom is something that will happen and a word of knowledge is something that has happened and/or is happening. These definitions are from our church.

A Biblical example is Yahweh tells Ananias where Saul/Paul is and that he is blind (word of knowledge). He's to put his hand on him and he'll be healed (word of wisdom). That Yahweh has chosen Saul/Paul and he'll suffer much. (word of wisdom). Acts 9

Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟795,766.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Even though "And Moses said unto him, Enviest thou for my sake? would God that all the Lord'S people were prophets, and that the Lord would put his spirit upon them!" Num 11:29 A change from the Old Testament is that as believers we all may prophesy. Paul is addressing believers - "Pursue love, and earnestly desire the spiritual gifts, but especially that you may prophesy." I Cor 12:1 "For in this way all will be able to prophesy one by one, with the result that all may learn and all be encouraged,"I Cor 14:1, 31

This is a constant from the Old Testament is not to scoff at prophetic utterances (II Chron 36:16) and "do not scoff at prophetic utterances,." (I Thess 5:20).

We're to "... test everything, hold fast what is good," I Thess 5:21 Do the prophetic utterances agree with Scripture? Also, recommend prayer and asking for confirmation as in Acts 9:1-20 especially v 11-12.

Also, one of Yahweh's promises is "And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:" Acts 2:17

Paul's advice to Timothy concerning personal prophecies included "This command I am entrusting to you, child Timothy, in accordance with the prophecies previously made about you, so that by them you might fight the good fight," I Tim 1:18

"...: worship God: for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy." Rev 19:10

Last edited:
Upvote 0

eldios

May 12, 2017
San Franscisco
✟1,466.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)

- Epicurus

When we servants of God are speaking about future events that will take place according to the knowledge of Christ, we are prophesying. I have spoken many words about the day of the Lord and how we will experience life after that day directly from the mind of Christ that I possess.

Upvote 0

Zoey <3

Considering Catholicism
Site Supporter
Mar 21, 2017
Ohio
✟74,215.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
To prophesy is simply to speak in a known tongue, allowing for God to take control. He brings to life realizations and truths that you may not otherwise know. Think of it as the equivalent of praying in tongues, only the language you are speaking is one you normally would. Does this help? :)

Upvote 0

Biblicist

Full Gospel believer
Mar 27, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
✟51,094.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married

- Epicurus
As to the passage that you have quoted, Paul is simply pointing out that whereas tongues are always directed to the Father in an articulate form of communication and specifically within the Congregational setting that they are always spoken by the Holy Spirit as words of praise and adoration; on the other hand, prophecy is always directed toward the congregation in the language that is common to all as either, a revelation or knowledge or prophecy or word of instruction.

There is still a common misconception that when a tongue is accompanied with an interpretation that this can be used by the Spirit to speak to a congregation or to an individual, but this has no basis from within the Word of God.

Upvote 0

ARBITER01

Legend
Aug 12, 2007
✟163,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
The current definition that The Holy Spirit has been working with me on...

THE GIFT OF PROPHECY

A. DEFINITION - The gift of prophecy is inspirational utterance (either by speaking or singing) in a known language which the one giving the utterance and the audience understands. The Hebrew word for prophecy means: "To flow forth or to spring forth." It also carries the same thought of bubbling forth like a fountain, or “To tumble forth." The Greek word for prophecy means to "speak for another." The term “prophecy” here can be easily misunderstood since it is used both generically in our bible as well as specifically. The definition provided here is for the “specific” gift of prophecy.

NOTE: The gift of prophecy is categorized as an inspiration gift, not a revelation gift.

B. APPLICATION - The utterance of this gift can be discerned from three possible spiritual sources through a believer:

1) The Holy Spirit - The corporate ministry gift of prophecy is uttered by The Holy Spirit unto the assembly, and will always come in the limited framework of “Edification, Exhortation, and Comfort.” These three attributes of this ministry will always be contained together in a message from The Holy Spirit, the crowning achievement being the Holy Spirit’s peace and comfort with the message. It is always given in the spirit of love to edify the assembly rather than condemn or tear it down. The message can be poetic, and elevated beyond the natural gift of speech, having a tangible Spiritual edification on the inside of the believer’s spirit during the message.

2) The human spirit - Prophecy that is uttered from the human spirit in the assembly is unable to edify and minister to our spirit on the inside since it does not originate from The Holy Spirit. It can possibly be negative and critical, but mostly just dry of spiritual edification. It can also be presented in the form of a lie like a false sense of security or peace, as was depicted in the 28th Chapter of Jeremiah, where Hananiah the prophet of GOD spoke peace and was condemned by Jeremiah the prophet for falsely attributing his words as GOD’s words. The LORD judged his false words as teaching rebellion unto the people against The LORD, and condemned and killed His own prophet.

3) evil spirit(s) - Prophecy that is uttered by an evil spirit(s) is subtle, deceptive, manipulative, and the opposite to the character and nature of GOD. It tries to manipulate individuals/churches to make hasty decisions, thereby causing wrong choices that take people or the church out of the will of GOD. It will be tangibly felt as a wrong check by The Holy Spirit inside of our spirit when it is being spoken. A biblical example of this can be seen in the 2nd chapter of Jeremiah where GOD says His prophets “prophesied by Baal” instead of by His Spirit.

C. METHODS - This gift can be manifested by 2 ways through a believer:

1) Corporate - The gift is yielded to The Holy Spirit’s promptings, and operated by His utterance in human languages unto the assembly in a designated ministry. The message will be limited to “edification, exhortation, and comfort” just as Paul defined in 1st Corinthians.

2) Specific - The gift is again yielded to The Holy Spirit’s promptings, and operated by His utterance in human languages, but to a specific person in the assembly, while yet under the same limitations. This type of prophecy will have more exhortation associated with it, and will be describing specifics that are already known to that believer. It is given to confirm the things that The Holy Spirit has already been teaching, leading and showing the believer prior to this, thereby inspiring the believer to a greater walk and closeness with GOD.

NOTE: The gift of prophecy is the greatest of the 3 inspirational gifts from GOD, and like those other gifts, it can be stepped out in personal faith and operated by the believer’s human spirit for personal edification. This personal use of the gift by our human spirit can sometimes be operated in the assembly by a young or misguided believer, and cause much grief and division in the body of Christ, since normally the message is considered to be from The Holy Spirit when uttered in the assembly. It can be one of the most abused gifts of the nine by Spirit-filled believers if it allowed to be used wrongfully in this way.

Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟795,766.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
posted "... can be one of the most abused gifts..."

That's the reason why there needs to be teaching on how to handle prophesies. "Despise not prophesyings. Prove all things; hold fast that which is good." I Thess 5:20-21

Receiving a prophetic word is just the beginning. How do we prove all things? - think we have to foremost look at Holy Scripture, The Holy Spirit, prayer, spiritual discernment, hearing God's voice for ourselves - confirmation (Acts 9;9-19 especially v 10-12; II Cor 13:1), and Godly counsel (Prov 11:14).

Same method applies to sermons "These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so." Acts 17:11

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Frank Jennings

Feb 23, 2017
Ouachita Mountains, Arkansas
✟27,357.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
The Lord has used me in this gift from time to time. He will use whosoever will yield to Him and believe that the Holy Spirit will use he or she. The following the Lord gave me a few weeks ago as I prayed before Him. It is for the building up of the body of Christ. Amen

As you walk with Jesus consider;

Fear not, don't fear. I am your shield and your exceeding great reward. No reward ever posted by man is near to the smallest portion of the reward I have for them that love me. I know you. You know something of me but not all. No man has the capacity to know me in my fulness. Know this. That I have covenanted with you by my own forthright, freely given blood sacrifice. I bared my back to the Smiters and suffered the pangs of torture and abuse to pay for your sins against a Holy God.

I have no greater interest, no other interest than preserving my inheritance because the people I've bought are my own selected ones. I choose those that have joyfully chosen me. Those that rejoice to lay hold of my plan of redemption. Those that have the wisdom to see that a trade of ashes and useless past endeavors for a brand new life with a new spirit and a clean bill of spiritual health is a wondrous trade of heavenly proportions.

I labor long and hard, strive and wrestle with each my children to bring them to my kingdom. It's a new world in my kingdom. Nothing in your last life, your past life, can compare with what I have made for you, for all that excitedly and zealously press on and pursue me and my excellent new covenant.

Continue the race with joy, walk with me through to the finish line. In my favor for you abides a high clear song of full life everlasting that eternally rings and carries to the very ends of all my creation. Those tuned in to my station will be forever lifted by my never ending song of God life. My church is a tree of life.

Keep walking and let, cause every step to be in faith nothing doubting. Every time you raise your foot let it be in faith knowing, believing with all your heart that I will meet you at the next footfall. I never ease, never stop working on and improving hearts. I enlarge hearts. Doctors labor to see that hearts are not enlarged but your real spiritual heart I want to enlarge greatly so that more of me and of my heart can reside, can truly live in you. I want more of my love to freely flow to others from your God given enlarged heart.

I know from whence I mined you. You were only rough raw ore. Dirty and gritty. A large clod of rocky dirt. But I am the master jeweler that takes the raw ore of your life and transforms it into a polished, gleaming jewel that will bedazzle all that see the final product. You will know that I am continually working in you but only as you yield yourself to my hand. I am the LORD but I force none to follow me. Your freewill life offering is your presentation to me. Your reasonable sacrifice in return for my life that I so freely gave for you. Whosoever will shall will their heart to be mine.

My treasures are all the fine jewels I have crafted. From ashes to beauty. From rough ore to the finest jewelry. I will add to and take away as I see fit in your life for your good and my glory. Who besides the Lord can craft and perfect the lives of men? None. No other. I alone know what perfection is. I AM truly the author and the finisher of your faith.

Do not be troubled as you walk but know I walk side by side with you. Arms length is too far and I walk with you much closer. Winds will blow, storms will beat against you but I will shield you from harm. The screeches and roars of the enemy will not harm you. His cries are but a noise so stand fast in my strength. Be strong in me and in the power of my undiminished might. My blood of the crucifixion on the cross was more than sufficient to destroy all of my enemies and they have no might against me at all. Should a child fear cowardly strangers that approach while walking hand in hand with their strong father? No.

Remind them that your Father is the master and Lord of all and that His blood and His word and His Holy anointing cover all that have fled to Him for shelter and refuge against the rage of the defeated ones.

Praise and worship my Holy name as you walk. I will envelop you with my joy and peace as you minister your thanksgiving to me. Do I not deserve all adoration and praise from my purchased ones? I freely yielded all so I am righteous in asking for abundant thanks in return at the very least. I am Emmanuel, God with you, not God away from you. Not God somewhere else. I am with you to stay and I did not come to you so that I could leave again. Do not be silent to me but rejoice in me for I am your very life. In me you surely live and move and have your very being and existence. Those that cleave to me shall never perish but shall fly through eternity born upon my wings.

Leave the details of what you shall do completely up to me. No need to consider or Labor or fret yourself in any way over what lies ahead during your walk with me on the path to the city of your inheritance. You will know all you need to know when it is time. Diligently seek me by never ending prayer. My heart for the lives of the multitudes of lone scattered sheep that dwell in the dark wilderness regions of the world resides in you. Is alive and well in you. My heart resides in all who have laid hold of my new covenant by my Holy spirit.

Deuteronomy 33:27 (NKJV) The eternal God is your refuge, And underneath are the everlasting arms; He will thrust out the enemy from before you, And will say, 'Destroy!'

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟831,404.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
posted "... can be one of the most abused gifts..."

That's the reason why there needs to be teaching on how to handle prophesies. "Despise not prophesyings. Prove all things; hold fast that which is good." I Thess 5:20-21

Receiving a prophetic word is just the beginning. How do we prove all things? - think we have to foremost look at Holy Scripture, The Holy Spirit, prayer, spiritual discernment, hearing God's voice for ourselves - confirmation (Acts 9;9-19 especially v 10-12; II Cor 13:1), and Godly counsel (Prov 11:14).

Same method applies to sermons "These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so." Acts 17:11
One thing that many leave out: What is in the character of the person giving the prophecy? Because God will use only clean vessels, He won't use a person who has immorality, dishonesty, anger, slander, or unteachability issues, even though the prophecy might be Scripturally correct. How are we going to know whether the prophet has good character? By checking with the leaders of his home church? What? He doesn't have a home church? Then reject his prophecy because there is no one to monitor and moderate his character and to ensure that he has no unconfessed sin in his life.

Upvote 0

Heart2Soul

Site Supporter
Sep 25, 2017
Tulsa
✟158,650.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
One thing that many leave out: What is in the character of the person giving the prophecy? Because God will use only clean vessels, He won't use a person who has immorality, dishonesty, anger, slander, or unteachability issues, even though the prophecy might be Scripturally correct. How are we going to know whether the prophet has good character? By checking with the leaders of his home church? What? He doesn't have a home church? Then reject his prophecy because there is no one to monitor and moderate his character and to ensure that he has no unconfessed sin in his life.
Jesus didn't have a home church but he was a Prophet, and following the books of the New Testament it didn't appear that any of the Apostles had a main church so this is really stretching it on this topic...if God only uses clean vessels then He doesn't have a whole lot of vessels out there to use for anything....but if there are those caught up in willfully living in sin then they need to repent and ask for forgiveness....the book of Psalms was practically written by a murderer....King David desired another mans wife to the point of having him killed so he could have her. But this Book is a powerful lesson in repentance and forgiveness...praise and worship....seeking and finding.....so David taught us how to repent.....God called him a man after His own heart.

• Agree
Reactions: Richard T
Upvote 0

GTW27

Aug 31, 2007
Western Pa
✟203,014.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Jesus didn't have a home church but he was a Prophet, and following the books of the New Testament it didn't appear that any of the Apostles had a main church so this is really stretching it on this topic...if God only uses clean vessels then He doesn't have a whole lot of vessels out there to use for anything....but if there are those caught up in willfully living in sin then they need to repent and ask for forgiveness....the book of Psalms was practically written by a murderer....King David desired another mans wife to the point of having him killed so he could have her. But this Book is a powerful lesson in repentance and forgiveness...praise and worship....seeking and finding.....so David taught us how to repent.....God called him a man after His own heart.

It is also powerful lesson in relationship, for in the end, David sinned no more. He knew that to be in The Presence of The Lord is all that matters, and so it is, with His True Bride. The True Bride (because of Him in us) now desires this for the whole of mankind. And so we speak, and so we do, and so we give testimony(covered in The Blood of The Lamb).

• Agree
Reactions: Heart2Soul
Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟831,404.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Jesus never gave prophecies as they were given after the Day of Pentecost, and the fellowship of believers were a church administered by the 12 Apostles, and they would have ensured that anyone who prophesied had an exemplorary character and were living a holy life. You can't use David, because he was not a New Testament prophet. He was a king of Israel, not a prophet. His book of Psalms is a song book and not a prophetic book. Your examples don't hold water to support a person of bad character being inspired by the Holy Spirit to prophesy.

A lot of damage has been done to the lives of good people through prophecies given by those who were and are not qualified in their character to give Holy Spirit prophecies. There are many proud and manipulative people in churches who use the gift of prophecy to give some sort of authority to what they want the people to know. Many of these people are not given a ministry or preaching role because the leadership has evaluated their maturity and character and have turned them down. So these ones decide that they know better than the leadership and start prophesying. But what they are doing is preaching to the people and giving prophetic authority by saying "Thus says the Lord", when the Lord is not saying it at all. I spent 11 years in Pentecostal and Charismatic churches and have seen this happen quite regularly.

If I don't know a person who prophesies over me, and there is no one to vouch for his or her character, I will reject it out of hand. It would be stupid of me to receive a prophetic word from someone I don't know. For all I know they could be involved in the occult and might pass on a spirit of divination to me. I have encountered here on CF those who say they have the gift of prophecy, but when their prophecies are evaluated in accordance with 1 Corinthians 14, they argue and fight against it and accuse me of being in the flesh and motivated by a wrong spirit. All those people have convinced me of is that they are proud and unteachable, and their prophecies are not worth a brass nickel. I have heard of ones who have received prophecies from people like that and then been attacked in their physical bodies by spirits of divination that have accompanied those fleshy prophecies.

We need to be very careful and test every spirit, turn away from the evil, and hold fast to the good. A good, Holy Spirit inspired prophecy is given by a person of impeccable character, attested by those in leadership over him or her.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Heart2Soul

Site Supporter
Sep 25, 2017
Tulsa
✟158,650.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Jesus never gave prophecies
I believe He prophesied at the Last Supper that there would be one there who would betray Him....Oscarr I can appreciate you trying to be a servant of God trying to educate and warn people of false prophets. But really sometimes I feel as though you are trying to destroy any positive attributes of the gift in peoples lives. Jesus also prophesied that as it was spoken by the Prophet Daniel that when the abomination of desolation takes place in the Holy place...etc...He also prophesied there would be wars and rumors of wars but the time was not yet, for nation would rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom.....etc.
Your examples don't hold water to support a person of bad character being inspired by the Holy Spirit to prophesy.
They aren't my examples it is taken straight from the word of God.
I have given you no reason to attack my character...you know nothing about me other than what I have shared openly. I will accept that you do not believe in prophets and apostles for modern day...I have not given any prophesies....so you have nothing to base my calling as false or true....I know what the requirements to be a prophetic servant are....and though we don't agree on everything it is supported scripturally. The scribes and teachers taught from the scrolls of the Old Testament. It is the foundation that was laid before Christ....the Old Testament spoke of the coming Messiah several times....both Old and New testament are necessary for the Church. Jesus referenced the Old Testament in His teachings....refer to the above.
I mean come on, what is the issue, really, Jesus said He didn't come to do away with the law but to fulfill it.
I am seriously grieved at how aggressive people attack this calling and gift. I am not taking offense, just sharing my heart.....this is a forum and everyone is free to share their beliefs......and they do....but I have never seen as much aggression on any other topic than this one.
When I first joined here I was so excited to be in fellowship with other believers, share my testimony and if given the opportunity minister to others and to be ministered to. One lesson I have learned here is that there is no one leading and directing...a thread is created and then the replies start pouring in...some quite harsh against that person...some simply just disagree....some agree and share in addition....and others just troll.....but the level of hate that arises in some of these debates is so discouraging. What have we as Christians become?
The Holy Spirit has addressed the spirit of offense in my heart and is removing that unhealthy characteristic in me....so I wanted to put it to the test and posted a thread..I was called to Prophesy...and then just sat back...within a few seconds the replies started coming in....and they were consistent with all other threads about this topic....but I replied to each one no matter how harsh, I thanked them for sharing their beliefs and blessed them....not once did I get angry, offended or hurt....I simply came to the place here that this is a melting pot of beliefs and teachings and everyone thinks they are correct and all others are wrong. There is no winner....
I am trying to figure out how to delete my membership....I don't want to be an offense to anyone and I certainly don't want to be provoking others to anger. I really have no reason to stay here. Besides it is time consuming trying to have a conversation....I am going back to studying the Word (which I got slack in because of hanging out here) and spending time in prayer....besides I am preparing to move into full time ministry....going to Pakistan soon to hold a crusade.

I am signing out....signing off...and moving on. Have a blessed day.

Upvote 0

GTW27

Aug 31, 2007
Western Pa
✟203,014.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I believe He prophesied at the Last Supper that there would be one there who would betray Him....Oscarr I can appreciate you trying to be a servant of God trying to educate and warn people of false prophets. But really sometimes I feel as though you are trying to destroy any positive attributes of the gift in peoples lives. Jesus also prophesied that as it was spoken by the Prophet Daniel that when the abomination of desolation takes place in the Holy place...etc...He also prophesied there would be wars and rumors of wars but the time was not yet, for nation would rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom.....etc.

They aren't my examples it is taken straight from the word of God.
I have given you no reason to attack my character...you know nothing about me other than what I have shared openly. I will accept that you do not believe in prophets and apostles for modern day...I have not given any prophesies....so you have nothing to base my calling as false or true....I know what the requirements to be a prophetic servant are....and though we don't agree on everything it is supported scripturally. The scribes and teachers taught from the scrolls of the Old Testament. It is the foundation that was laid before Christ....the Old Testament spoke of the coming Messiah several times....both Old and New testament are necessary for the Church. Jesus referenced the Old Testament in His teachings....refer to the above.
I mean come on, what is the issue, really, Jesus said He didn't come to do away with the law but to fulfill it.
I am seriously grieved at how aggressive people attack this calling and gift. I am not taking offense, just sharing my heart.....this is a forum and everyone is free to share their beliefs......and they do....but I have never seen as much aggression on any other topic than this one.
When I first joined here I was so excited to be in fellowship with other believers, share my testimony and if given the opportunity minister to others and to be ministered to. One lesson I have learned here is that there is no one leading and directing...a thread is created and then the replies start pouring in...some quite harsh against that person...some simply just disagree....some agree and share in addition....and others just troll.....but the level of hate that arises in some of these debates is so discouraging. What have we as Christians become?
The Holy Spirit has addressed the spirit of offense in my heart and is removing that unhealthy characteristic in me....so I wanted to put it to the test and posted a thread..I was called to Prophesy...and then just sat back...within a few seconds the replies started coming in....and they were consistent with all other threads about this topic....but I replied to each one no matter how harsh, I thanked them for sharing their beliefs and blessed them....not once did I get angry, offended or hurt....I simply came to the place here that this is a melting pot of beliefs and teachings and everyone thinks they are correct and all others are wrong. There is no winner....
I am trying to figure out how to delete my membership....I don't want to be an offense to anyone and I certainly don't want to be provoking others to anger. I really have no reason to stay here. Besides it is time consuming trying to have a conversation....I am going back to studying the Word (which I got slack in because of hanging out here) and spending time in prayer....besides I am preparing to move into full time ministry....going to Pakistan soon to hold a crusade.

I am signing out....signing off...and moving on. Have a blessed day.

In the mist of discouragement I hope that you heard at least one voice of encouragement, For The Lord knows those that are His. He also knows who are His in here, and the numbers(percentage) is very low. We are to rejoice, and I say rejoice, when we are attacked, for they also did this to Him. They have no idea what is coming in the wind, and most will be caught not watching, just as written. Be bold and of good courage in the mist of what is about to unfold. Yes The Lord has His annoited ones and they are not in the places that would be expected, and they will be prepared for the time appointed. Be Blessed

Upvote 0

Heart2Soul

Site Supporter
Sep 25, 2017
Tulsa
✟158,650.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
In the mist of discouragement I hope that you heard at least one voice of encouragement, For The Lord knows those that are His. He also knows who are His in here, and the numbers(percentage) is very low. We are to rejoice, and I say rejoice, when we are attacked, for they also did this to Him. They have no idea what is coming in the wind, and most will be caught not watching, just as written. Be bold and of good courage in the mist of what is about to unfold. Yes The Lord has His annoited ones and they are not in the places that would be expected, and they will be prepared for the time appointed. Be Blessed
I had to log in and respond to this and thank you...This word came from the Holy Spirit through you and as i was reading it, it was His voice I heard as I read it. Very encouraging, uplifting and confirming....
Thanks again....blessings and peace, have a good day.

Upvote 0

ZourAourbaby

Mar 8, 2018
Browns
✟1,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Many believe that The Gift Of Prophecy is to tell of things that are foreseen and foretold in the future and even the past events and to show the things that are Hidden.

I agree with this as The Bible shows this is what God does working through His servants.

• Agree
Reactions: Heart2Soul
Upvote 0

shannon T daringer

Apr 29, 2018
Lancaster
✟8,551.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

- Epicurus
This is simple..edify the church. What does this mean..edify or uplift..give support for.
What is the church? The community of/and God..worshippers and Worshipped.
What do most books of NT say to watch for?? False prophets and teachers WITHIN the church. The downfall of past and present..even future churches. The church is a body of believers..every human body suffers from illness and disease. Every church can suffer the same. Look for cancer..diabetes..poison..rot..infection..paranoiya..depression

Upvote 0