What does it mean to be a christian?

Celticroots

Jun 2, 2012
✟72,590.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
OP, I have OCD as well and can empathize as it can be exhausting to deal with. I would try posting this to the OCD forum as others who have experienced this can help you out.

I also encourage you to begin Exposure Response Prevention therapy with a therapist experienced in treating OCD. Google ERP to find out more.

A Christian is someone who puts their full trust in Christ’s sacrifice alone as payment for their sins. It has nothing to do with what we do or our righteous. It is all about His righteousness. It is about His faithfulness.

Should we try and avoid sinning? Of course but not because we will lose salvation. We won’t. When we sin God will chastise us, just like an earthly parent would and there will be consequences. And who wants those? Sin is just more trouble than it’s worth.

And I still sin. We all do. And when we do we should ask God for forgiveness.

Should we strive to follow Christ? Yes but not from some sort of standpoint like cooperation with God to stay saved; He doesn’t need our help. But following Him comes after we are saved. And none of us do it perfectly ever.

I will send you a more in depth response through PM if you would like as I don’t have time now.

I don’t see someone who is lukewarm. I see someone who is struggling and is angry at God because they feel they can never measure up. Kind of like why bother trying? Being raised in a strict religious household can cause that affect later in life, and OCD is the icing on top of the cake. It’s understandable why you feel this way.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

wonderkins

Jul 16, 2017
Winlock
✟147,368.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Drinking to excess is on the list, and I believe cussing is mentioned as well...maybe someone will help me out on that.

But now you must put them all away: anger, wrath, malice, slander, and obscene talk from your mouth. - Colossians 3:8

Upvote 0

Jonaitis

Soli Deo Gloria
Jan 4, 2019
Wyoming
✟123,651.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
A Christian is someone who has placed their whole faith and trust in the perfect person and work of Jesus Christ, the Son of God in the flesh, resurrected from the dead and sitting at the right hand of God alive, and also has begun the lifetime work of repenting from sin.

This is taken from the book, which I recommend you purchasing, called "Fifty Reasons Christ Died" by John Piper:

If God were not just, there would be no demand for his Son to suffer and die. And if God were not loving, there would be no willingness for his Son to suffer and die. But God is both just and loving. Therefore his love is willing to meet the demands of his justice. God’s law demanded, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might” (Deuteronomy 6:5). But we have all loved other things more. This is what sin is—dishonoring God by preferring other things over him, and acting on those preferences. Therefore, the Bible says, “All have sinned and fall short of the glory of God” (Romans 3:23). We glorify what we enjoy most. And it isn’t God.

Therefore sin is not small, because it is not against a small Sovereign. The seriousness of an insult rises with the dignity of the one insulted. The Creator of the universe is infinitely worthy of respect and admiration and loyalty. Therefore, failure to love him is not trivial—it is treason. It defames God and destroys human happiness.

Since God is just, he does not sweep these crimes under the rug of the universe. He feels a holy wrath against them. They deserve to be punished, and he has made this clear: “For the wages of sin is death” (Romans 6:23). “The soul who sins shall die” (Ezekiel 18:4). There is a holy curse hanging over all sin. Not to punish would be unjust. The demeaning of God would be endorsed. A lie would reign at the core of reality.

Therefore, God says, “Cursed be everyone who does not abide by all things written in the Book of the Law, and do them” (Galatians 3:10; Deuteronomy 27:26). But the love of God does not rest with the curse that hangs over all sinful humanity. He is not content to show wrath, no matter how holy it is. Therefore God sends his own Son to absorb his wrath and bear the curse for all who trust him. “Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us” (Galatians 3:13). This is the meaning of the word “propitiation” (Romans 3:25). It refers to the removal of God’s wrath by providing a substitute. The substitute is provided by God himself. The substitute, Jesus Christ, does not just cancel the wrath; he absorbs it and diverts it from us to himself. God’s wrath is just, and it was spent, not withdrawn.

What a folly it is to think that our good deeds may one day outweigh our bad deeds. It is folly for two reasons. First, it is not true. Even our good deeds are defective, because we don’t honor God in the way we do them. Do we do our good deeds in joyful dependence on God with a view to making known his supreme worth? Do we fulfill the overarching command to serve people “by the strength that God supplies—in order that in everything God may be glorified through Jesus Christ” (1 Peter 4:11)? What then shall we say in response to God’s word, “Whatever does not proceed from faith is sin” (Romans 14:23)? I think we shall say nothing. “Whatever the law says it speaks . . . so that every mouth may be stopped” (Romans 3:19). We will say nothing.

It is folly to think that our good deeds will outweigh our bad deeds before God. Without Christ-exalting faith, our deeds will signify nothing but rebellion. The second reason it is folly to hope in good deeds is that this is not the way God saves. If we are saved from the consequences of our bad deeds, it will not be because they weighed less than our good deeds. It will be because the “record of [our] debt” in heaven has been nailed to the cross of Christ. God has a totally different way of saving sinners than by weighing their deeds. There is no hope in our deeds. There is only hope in the suffering and death of Christ. There is no salvation by balancing the records. There is only salvation by canceling records. The record of our bad deeds (including our defective good deeds), along with the just penalties that each deserves, must be blotted out—not balanced.

This is what Christ suffered and died to accomplish. The cancellation happened when the record of our deeds was “nailed to the cross” (Colossians 2:13). How was this damning record nailed to the cross? Parchment was not nailed to the cross. Christ was. So Christ became my damning record of bad (and good) deeds. He endured my damnation. He put my salvation on a totally different footing. He is my only hope. And faith in him is my only way to God.

When we forgive a debt or an offense or an injury, we don’t require a payment for settlement. That would be the opposite of forgiveness. If repayment is made to us for what we lost, there is no need for forgiveness. We have our due. Forgiveness assumes grace. If I am injured by you, grace lets it go. I don’t sue you. I forgive you. Grace gives what someone doesn’t deserve. That’s why forgiveness has the word give in it. Forgiveness is not “getting” even. It is giving away the right to get even. That is what God does to us when we trust Christ: “Everyone who believes in him receives forgiveness of sins through his name” (Acts 10:43). If we believe in Christ, God no longer holds our sins against us. This is God’s own testimony in the Bible: “I, I am he who wipes out your transgressions for my own sake” (Isaiah 43:25). “As far as the east is from the west, so far does he remove our transgressions from us” (Psalm 103:12).

But this raises a problem. We all know that forgiveness is not enough. We may only see it clearly when the injury is great—like murder or rape. Neither society nor the universe can hold together if judges (or God) simply say to every murderer and rapist, “Are you sorry? Okay. The state forgives you. You may go.” In cases like these we see that while a victim may have a forgiving spirit, the state cannot forsake justice. So it is with God’s justice. All sin is serious, because it is against God. He is the one whose glory is injured when we ignore or disobey or blaspheme him. His justice will no more allow him simply to set us free than a human judge can cancel all the debts that criminals owe to society. The injury done to God’s glory by our sin must be repaired so that in justice his glory shines more brightly. And if we criminals are to go free and be forgiven, there must be some dramatic demonstration that the honor of God is upheld even though former blasphemers are being set free.

That is why Christ suffered and died. “In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses” (Ephesians 1:7). Forgiveness costs us nothing. All our costly obedience is the fruit, not the root, of being forgiven. That’s why we call it grace. But it cost Jesus his life. That is why we call it just.

Oh, how precious is the news that God does not hold our sins against us! And how beautiful is Christ, whose blood made it right for God to do this.

Being justified before God and being forgiven by God are not identical. To be justified in a courtroom is not the same as being forgiven. Being forgiven implies that I am guilty and my crime is not counted. Being justified implies that I have been tried and found innocent. My claim is just. I am vindicated. The judge says, “Not guilty.” Justifying is a legal act. It means declaring someone to be just. It is a verdict. The verdict of justification does not make a person just. It declares a person just. It is based on someone actually being just.

We can see this most clearly when the Bible tells us that, in response to Jesus’ teaching, the people “justified” God (Luke 7:29). This does not mean they made God just (since he already was). It means they declared God to be just. The moral change we undergo when we trust Christ is not justification. The Bible usually calls that sanctification—the process of becoming good. Justification is not that process. It is not a process at all. It is a declaration that happens in a moment. A verdict: Just! Righteous! The ordinary way to be justified in a human court is to keep the law. In that case the jury and the judge simply declare what is true of you: You kept the law. They justify you. But in the courtroom of God, we have not kept the law.

Therefore, justification, on ordinary terms, is hopeless. The Bible even says, “He who justifies the wicked [is] an abomination to the Lord” (Proverbs 17:15). And yet, amazingly, because of Christ, it also says God “justifies the ungodly” who trust in his grace (Romans 4:5). God does what looks abominable. Why is it not abominable? Or, as the Bible puts it, how can God “be just and the justifier of the one who [simply!] has faith in Jesus” (Romans 3:26)? It is not abominable for God to justify the ungodly who trust him, for two reasons. One is that Christ shed his blood to cancel the guilt of our crime. So it says, “We have now been justified by his blood” (Romans 5:9). But that is only the removal of guilt. That does not declare us righteous. Canceling our failures to keep the law is not the same as declaring us to be a law-keeper.

When a teacher cancels from the record an exam that got an F, it’s not the same as declaring it an A. If the bank were to forgive me the debts on my account, that would not be the same as declaring me rich. So also, canceling our sins is not the same as declaring us righteous. The cancellation must happen. That is essential to justification.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Asking questions on CF might confuse you because we tend to disagree and you might not know which of us has the correct answer. I will write your username in my book and continue to pray for you to recover from your past.

Read your Bible and try to obey. You obey because you love Jesus. None of us is perfect, but our love for Him causes us to walk in the Light and ask for help and forgiveness if we stumble.

Memorize the 23 Psalm if you can. Your Shepherd will always be there to help you. Satan only wants to give you stress and fear

Christian God sees your pain.jpg

• Agree
Reactions: worshipjunkie
Upvote 0

UnprofitableServant

ThyWillBeDone
Dec 10, 2018
Hollywood
✟44,325.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So I'm a young person who has been a Christian my whole life. I have severe ocd which gives me religious anxiety such as fear of hell like this. So I do sin like cussing and drinking and I do admit i scoff sometimes at the idea of opening myself to gods will but i do believe in him and that he is the way to eternal life. I get my attitude towards God because of outside influence that I sometimes lean to because I was raised in an overly religious community and felt trapped but now I feel destined for hell even though I do believe in jesus and that he loves us
If we want to know how to be a Christian, then we must go to the founder of Christianity... Jesus.

Read the four gospels and take note of all the teachings that He gave His followers to do (a Christian is just someone who follows Jesus). When you have a list of these teachings, then I suggest you try and practice these to the best of your ability. You will mess up and fail a lot of times, but God is faithful and true, so he will be there to help you when you fall.

In peace

Upvote 0

Mark Quayle

Monergist; and by reputation, Reformed Calvinist
Site Supporter
May 28, 2018
Pennsylvania
✟791,663.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
So I'm a young person who has been a Christian my whole life. I have severe ocd which gives me religious anxiety such as fear of hell like this. So I do sin like cussing and drinking and I do admit i scoff sometimes at the idea of opening myself to gods will but i do believe in him and that he is the way to eternal life. I get my attitude towards God because of outside influence that I sometimes lean to because I was raised in an overly religious community and felt trapped but now I feel destined for hell even though I do believe in jesus and that he loves us
God can do anything

I think the clearest route to seeing past your current view is to realize the logic, that God made all this for his own sake (not yours) and is the only one that judges in the end. Furthermore, (and not that you don't know this), he will judge correctly. It is all up to him. I'm not trying to excuse you by that, nor make you give up, but to help you realize your status before God. There is nothing, not even supposed repentance, that will make you worthy. Only God can make you worthy, and that is not by a holy life, but by Christ's imputed righteousness.

Your life is God's work, and is not for your sake as much as for his own sake. You can trust that the Judge of all the World will do what is right. If not, he would have no reason to create.

This life is not for this life.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
But I thought everyone sins knowingly some, like when you do something wrong you know is bad so arent we all living in sin technically
Sinning in the biblical sense means to aim at a target (obedience) and miss.

However, there are a great many “sins” that have been made up by the church that really are not sins at all. There is no biblical statement as such and they twist scripture and take verses out of context to “prove” their case.

God gives us grace to have the strength and ability to obey what He commanded; but not for made up sins.

Upvote 0

JCFantasy23

In a Kingdom by the Sea.
Jul 1, 2008
Lakeland, FL
✟502,107.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Every Christian still sins and none of us are perfect, especially young and starting out. It takes awhile to keep working on pleasing God and improving ourselves with His help and grace.

I understand OCD and anxiety but hope this calms for you as time goes on. If all our situations were that precarious, you would have to consider that none of us have stable relationships and salvation with God. If you view it that way, then that would take away some of the power of Jesus's sacrifice on the cross as just "not that strong." As long as you seek God with your heart and soul and mind, and become a child of His, he will not abandon you the first time you slip up with a cuss word or fail to live a perfect life.

Upvote 0

AWorkInProgress

A fool becoming wise
Jan 18, 2007
Glendale, AZ
✟89,517.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

To be a Christian is to receive the gift of faith by believing that Jesus to your punishment of death for you in his atoning work on the cross and he rose again. In his resurrection that He overcame death and sin, and you receive His righteousness. The great exchange of Jesus being the fulfillment of the law of God for us.

Once you have the saving grace of God with you. Now you are a disciple or a learner of Christ. You learn, make mistakes, grow, make more mistakes, learn more, and grow. Realistically we are in a state of corruption until we die. We will NEVER be perfect on this earth, that is why we have a relationship with Jesus and we can come for forgiveness of our sins.

I struggled in thinking we can be perfect in our walk to not to sin. Realistically it is impossible to do. Thankfully I learned that our salvation is nothing I have to achieve to keep it. I either received the gift of faith or I did not. My salvation is not a work I do, but a work God did before I was even in existence. I follow and learn from Christ because I want to not because I have to. There are days where I really don't want anything to do with God, but thankfully he helps humble me and I ask for forgiveness.

I share this to encourage you to take the unnecessary weight off your shoulders with your walk with Jesus. You will make mistakes and have very bad days, but he will not cast you out because of it. He is more forgiving than we are on ourselves!

Upvote 0

hedrick

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Feb 8, 2009
New Jersey
✟1,148,608.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Drinking to excess is on the list, and I believe cussing is mentioned as well...maybe someone will help me out on that.
Drinking to excess is certainly advised against. But it's not in any of Jesus' teachings about judgement that I can recall. Neither is cussing. Someone quoted "I tell you, on the day of judgment you will have to give an account for every careless word you utter" (Mat 12:36). But this is in the context of good and evil. That goes beyond vulgarity. I'd say it is carelessly saying things that would wound other people. Maybe gossip. Maybe personal insult and attack.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Drinking to excess is certainly advised against. But it's not in any of Jesus' teachings about judgement that I can recall. Neither is cussing.

Then you are saying because Jesus didn't mention it specifically it is not a damnable sin as it says it is in the verses at the end of this post? If that is the case, what do you do with scripture such as those at those at the end of this post, ignore them?

Someone quoted "I tell you, on the day of judgment you will have to give an account for every careless word you utter" (Mat 12:36). But this is in the context of good and evil. That goes beyond vulgarity. I'd say it is carelessly saying things that would wound other people. Maybe gossip. Maybe personal insult and attack.

It also appears you are saying we don't want to wound/personally insult the drunkard for instance by telling/warning them what the bible says about it, and if we do, we are a worse sinner than the drunkard and going to hell because we are passing on the word of God?

I'll need to be clear on those questions before I can comment.

1_Corinthians/6: 9-10

9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, 10 nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

hedrick

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Feb 8, 2009
New Jersey
✟1,148,608.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Then you are saying because Jesus didn't mention it specifically it is not a damnable sin as it says it is in the verses at the end of this post? If that is the case, what do you do with scripture such as those at those at the end of this post, ignore them?
I'm saying that you can look at Jesus' teachings to see where he placed his priorities. Obviously he didn't give a precise formula that would let us predict how everyone is going to be judged. But he did focus on following him and how our actions affect others.

The OP seems to be in a similar situation to Luther before his "conversion:" tormented by fear from sins that they can't get rid of. People who think they are Protestants are giving answers that reject Luther's insights.

1 Cor 6:9 describes what the Corinthians were before they become Christians. They are now justified. They shouldn't fall back into their old behaviors, but their justification is still by faith. Don't stop at 9:11. 9:12 begins to look at standards for justified Christians. It starts with all things are lawful. Of course. We're no longer under the law. But not all things are helpful. Like Jesus, our standards are now being witnesses to Christ (the immediate criterion that he uses here) and whether our behavior helps others (used in 8:8 ff).

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm saying that you can look at Jesus' teachings to see where he placed his priorities. Obviously he didn't give a precise formula that would let us predict how everyone is going to be judged. But he did focus on following him and how our actions affect others.

The OP seems to be in a similar situation to Luther before his "conversion:" tormented by fear from sins that they can't get rid of. People who think they are Protestants are giving answers that reject Luther's insights.

1 Cor 6:9 describes what the Corinthians were before they become Christians. They are now justified. They shouldn't fall back into their old behaviors, but their justification is still by faith. Don't stop at 9:11. 9:12 begins to look at standards for justified Christians. It starts with all things are lawful. Of course. We're no longer under the law. But not all things are helpful. Like Jesus, our standards are now being witnesses to Christ (the immediate criterion that he uses here) and whether our behavior helps others (used in 8:8 ff).

You'll need to answer my questions more directly. I mean it's fine with me if you can't, or would rather not, but I just can't reply until I'm clear. They were simple questions so shouldn't be a problem.

Upvote 0

hedrick

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Feb 8, 2009
New Jersey
✟1,148,608.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
You'll need to answer my questions more directly. I mean it's fine with me if you can't, or would rather not, but I just can't reply until I'm clear. They were simple questions so shouldn't be a problem.
I mostly did. The only one I didn't answer was
It also appears you are saying we don't want to wound/personally insult the drunkard for instance by telling/warning them what the bible says about it, and if we do, we are a worse sinner than the drunkard and going to hell because we are passing on the word of God?
I said I thought Jesus was concerned with speech that carelessly harmed others, such as gossip and personal attacks. I thought it was obvious that legitimate warnings weren't covered by that. Nevertheless, a lot of what was going on in this discussion wasn't legitimate warnings but legalism. The OP was concerned about "cussing." There was nothing in the OP to suggest that she was either abusing alcohol or someone who was verbally abusing other people. Rather, she said explicitly that she has OCD. That causes people to obsess about issues that don't matter.

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I mostly did. The only one I didn't answer was

I said I thought Jesus was concerned with speech that carelessly harmed others, such as gossip and personal attacks. I thought it was obvious that legitimate warnings weren't covered by that. Nevertheless, a lot of what was going on in this discussion wasn't legitimate warnings but legalism. The OP was concerned about "cussing." There was nothing in the OP to suggest that she was either abusing alcohol or someone who was verbally abusing other people. Rather, she said explicitly that she has OCD. That causes people to obsess about issues that don't matter.

OK, I won't ask you again. The questions were clear, and a lack of direct answers are something that I've come to expect on this subject.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

AvgJoe

Member since 2005
Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2005
Texas
✟332,816.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
What does it mean to be a christian?

Question: "What is a Christian?"

Answer:
A dictionary definition of a Christian would be something similar to “a person professing belief in Jesus as the Christ or in the religion based on the teachings of Jesus.” While this is a good starting point, like many dictionary definitions, it falls somewhat short of really communicating the biblical truth of what it means to be a Christian. The word “Christian” is used three times in the New Testament (Acts 11:26; 26:28; 1 Peter 4:16). Followers of Jesus Christ were first called “Christians” in Antioch (Acts 11:26) because their behavior, activity, and speech were like Christ. The word “Christian” literally means, “belonging to the party of Christ” or a “follower of Christ.”

Unfortunately over time, the word “Christian” has lost a great deal of its significance and is often used of someone who is religious or has high moral values but who may or may not be a true follower of Jesus Christ. Many people who do not believe and trust in Jesus Christ consider themselves Christians simply because they go to church or they live in a “Christian” nation. But going to church, serving those less fortunate than you, or being a good person does not make you a Christian. Going to church does not make you a Christian any more than going to a garage makes you an automobile. Being a member of a church, attending services regularly, and giving to the work of the church does not make you a Christian.

The Bible teaches that the good works we do cannot make us acceptable to God. Titus 3:5 says, “He saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy. He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit.” So, a Christian is someone who has been born again by God (John 3:3; John 3:7; 1 Peter 1:23) and has put faith and trust in Jesus Christ. Ephesians 2:8 tells us that it is “…by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God.”

A true Christian is a person who has put faith and trust in the person and work of Jesus Christ, including His death on the cross as payment for sins and His resurrection on the third day. John 1:12 tells us, “Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God.” The mark of a true Christian is love for others and obedience to God’s Word (1 John 2:4, 10). A true Christian is indeed a child of God, a part of God’s true family, and one who has been given new life in Jesus Christ.

www.gotquestions.org/what-is-a-Christian.html

Upvote 0

CaspianSails

Jan 30, 2019
Washington DC metro area
✟27,746.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Can you detail how you know you are a Christian?

Upvote 0

CaspianSails

Jan 30, 2019
Washington DC metro area
✟27,746.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes I do have ocd. Mostly what that means is I have obsessions like praying, religious thoughts,over analysis, fear of hell, ect.

Greetings. Given the fact you have OCD it may be very helpful to discuss in the group designed for those who OCD, with others that have a better understanding of the basis of your issues. I could go on and on and tell you to just have faith in God but that may not be what you need to know. I certainly can tell you that if you believe in Christ you are saved. Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you WILL be saved. However, that is the beginning and many allude to or insist that more is needed to be a Christian. More is needed to have victory and it follows. As you surrender your will to God He can and will work in you through the Holy Spirit to change you from the inside out. If you have doubts, read the Word where it talks about the love and mercy of God. Commit as much of that as you to your heart. Pray often, meditate on what God reveals in His word. I understand for you it may be harder and it may take much time with someone who cares for you and who you can trust to help you realize and keep realizing that God does in fact love and wants you to know it. My departed father-in-law who spent his entire adult life, to the day he passed, in Christian service as a believing and caring minister always said this - No Matter who you are or what you have done, you are loved. He of course meant loved by God but he also meant loved by him. He never left anyone he met as a stranger and never failed to show mercy, compassion or to share the love and gospel of Christ.

Upvote 0