May 24, 2010
WI
✟35,597.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Many people can see beyond the veil of this realm

Yup. But does that mean that what is "seen," is an actual, direct, 1:1 relationship of reality as it is in the realm of the Spirit?

I think that's an assumption we need to be careful NOT to make! Notice a pattern throughout Scripture: dreams / visions never come to pass the way they were seen. It's always representative of something that appears entirely differently in our physical realm, with an underlying connection that's usually abstract. OTOH Prophecy always come to pass with painstaking detail ...

Upvote 0
D

day time

This is but one more way we know the Scriptures are - for realz ^_^
Yes I see what you did there.

And .... in answer to your post, not necessarily. If Paul wrote Timothy ... what I might conclude is that Paul experienced something similar to what I experienced, and that might give me more reason to place personal credence towards some of what Paul says.

The same could be said of anything that fits along those lines criteria wise.

Reckon He looks like a bearded Bill Murray.

I'd be happy with that.
I want to quote Ghostbusters here so bad, but I must resist ...

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I would like to know what God looks like, or what you think God looks like. Thanks!

awesome question.....i've wondered the same myself...especially in this verse, what it must look like...His face, rejoicing and singing

The LORD thy God in the midst of thee is mighty; he will save, he will rejoice over thee with joy; he will rest in his love, he will joy over thee with singing. ~Zephaniah 3:17

Upvote 0

Ronald

Exhortations
Site Supporter
Jul 30, 2004
southern
✟111,578.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I would like to know what God looks like, or what you think God looks like. Thanks!

Akiane’s Jesus, Heaven is for Real and the Man in the Turin Shroud « Shroud of Turin Blog

A prodigy seven-year old girl who has seen heavenly visions, painted a portrait of Jesus that has been confirmed by the boy who came back from heaven in the book: "Heaven Is For Real". In this book, the boy's father, a pastor, asked his four-year old son many questions about his journey, and his answers were always in line with scripture, much of which was not formerly taught to him. Then over the years, he would show him famous historical paintings of Jesus to his son to see which one he looked liked. After years of rejections, he heard of this one painted by a young girl, showed his son and asked, "what's wrong with this one? His son paused for awhile. Then he asked again and the boy said, that one is right.

Upvote 0