• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

What does God look like?

Discussion in 'Exploring Christianity' started by ShiningBecky, Feb 17, 2012.

1. razeontherock

razeontherock Well-Known Member

+1,316
    Christian
    Single
    Yup. But does that mean that what is "seen," is an actual, direct, 1:1 relationship of reality as it is in the realm of the Spirit?

I think that's an assumption we need to be careful NOT to make! Notice a pattern throughout Scripture: dreams / visions never come to pass the way they were seen. It's always representative of something that appears entirely differently in our physical realm, with an underlying connection that's usually abstract. OTOH Prophecy always come to pass with painstaking detail ...

2. day time

day time Guest

+0
    Yes I see what you did there.

And .... in answer to your post, not necessarily. If Paul wrote Timothy ... what I might conclude is that Paul experienced something similar to what I experienced, and that might give me more reason to place personal credence towards some of what Paul says.

The same could be said of anything that fits along those lines criteria wise.

I want to quote Ghostbusters here so bad, but I must resist ...

3. brinny

brinny everlovin' shiner of light in dark places Supporter

+107,667
    Non-Denom
    Private
    US-Constitution
    awesome question.....i've wondered the same myself...especially in this verse, what it must look like...His face, rejoicing and singing

The LORD thy God in the midst of thee is mighty; he will save, he will rejoice over thee with joy; he will rest in his love, he will joy over thee with singing. ~Zephaniah 3:17

4. Ronald

Ronald Exhortations Supporter

+936
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Republican
    Akiane’s Jesus, Heaven is for Real and the Man in the Turin Shroud « Shroud of Turin Blog

A prodigy seven-year old girl who has seen heavenly visions, painted a portrait of Jesus that has been confirmed by the boy who came back from heaven in the book: "Heaven Is For Real". In this book, the boy's father, a pastor, asked his four-year old son many questions about his journey, and his answers were always in line with scripture, much of which was not formerly taught to him. Then over the years, he would show him famous historical paintings of Jesus to his son to see which one he looked liked. After years of rejections, he heard of this one painted by a young girl, showed his son and asked, "what's wrong with this one? His son paused for awhile. Then he asked again and the boy said, that one is right.