WHAT DOES BINDING AND LOOSING MEAN IN MATT 18:18 ?

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟889,442.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
So you believe they teach the Gentiles, only after Acts 15? Before that no, since they have to preach obedience to the Law of Moses?

Only Paul and Barnabas was suppose to reach the Gentiles. Galatians 2:9
The 12 restricted themselves to the Jews only.

I think the evidence in scripture is inconclusive to support that claim. There is certainly nothing in the scriptures forbidding any of the apostles from teaching the Gentiles. Let us not forget Cornelius and his family who were taught by Peter or the Ethiopian who was taught by Philip. These are indications that they taught to anyone who was present. Why else would they receive the gift of tongues giving them the ability to speak in foreign languages if they were only to teach the Jews?

Upvote 0

thomas15

Be Thou my vision
Site Supporter
Apr 18, 2019
Lehighton
✟57,685.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Both of these are not about false doctrines of the church but people who are teaching falsely within the church. In order for it to be considered a doctrine it must be embraced by the church as a whole not just individuals within the church.

I mentioned previously that having a discussion with you on this was pointless. Turns out I was correct.

Bad doctrine starts out as bad practices. Once you start with bad practices then it becomes bad doctrine. If the churches have bad practices then bad doctrine during the 1st century not only does it become bad doctrine because those who disregard the Scriptures insist that it is the tradition of the early church and accept it as all good.

We see this across the spectrum of Christendom today with teachings such as infant baptism having some sort of influence on the salvation of the soul once the baptized becomes an adult (no where taught in the Bible) or a special presence of Christ during the communion ritual (forgetting that Jesus promised to be in the midst whenever two or more are gathered in his name--in the Bible).

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟889,442.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I mentioned previously that having a discussion with you on this was pointless. Turns out I was correct.

Bad doctrine starts out as bad practices. Once you start with bad practices then it becomes bad doctrine. If the churches have bad practices then bad doctrine during the 1st century not only does it become bad doctrine because those who disregard the Scriptures insist that it is the tradition of the early church and accept it as all good.

We see this across the spectrum of Christendom today with teachings such as infant baptism having some sort of influence on the salvation of the soul once the baptized becomes an adult (no where taught in the Bible) or a special presence of Christ during the communion ritual (forgetting that Jesus promised to be in the midst whenever two or more are gathered in his name--in the Bible).

You skipped a question. If I attend your church and begin teaching false doctrines to people within your church does that mean that your church is teaching false doctrines? Of course not because they are not official teachings of your church. Beliefs of individuals do not reflect the teachings of the church.

Upvote 0

thomas15

Be Thou my vision
Site Supporter
Apr 18, 2019
Lehighton
✟57,685.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
You skipped a question. If I attend your church and begin teaching false doctrines to people within your church does that mean that your church is teaching false doctrines? Of course not because they are not official teachings of your church. Beliefs of individuals do not reflect the teachings of the church.

One person --no

Several persons and it keeps on going then yes. This is how we get things like infant baptism. Augustine made it fashionable to the masses.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟889,442.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
One person --no

Several persons and it keeps on going then yes. This is how we get things like infant baptism. Augustine made it fashionable to the masses.

The ONLY way the church can be held accountable for false teachings is if they are accepted and taught by the church itself. That was not the case in the churches mentioned in Revelation 2-3. And what is wrong with infant baptism? It is certainly not forbidden in the scriptures. The problem is people often look for ways to attack the church rather than understand it.

Upvote 0

thomas15

Be Thou my vision
Site Supporter
Apr 18, 2019
Lehighton
✟57,685.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The ONLY way the church can be held accountable for false teachings is if they are accepted and taught by the church itself. That was not the case in the churches mentioned in Revelation 2-3. And what is wrong with infant baptism? It is certainly not forbidden in the scriptures. The problem is people often look for ways to attack the church rather than understand it.

Again, you have a faulty definition of "church" and you have no idea what the purpose of baptism is. And that is the problem, organizations that place themselves into positions of authority put in place doctrines that are either not in the Bible or against the Bible. Since they don't consider the Bible the authority, they see no harm in their bad doctrine.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟889,442.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Again, you have a faulty definition of "church" and you have no idea what the purpose of baptism is. And that is the problem, organizations that place themselves into positions of authority put in place doctrines that are either not in the Bible or against the Bible. Since they don't consider the Bible the authority, they see no harm in their bad doctrine.

Please explain to everyone here what I believe the purpose of baptism is. You have no idea what my beliefs are concerning baptism because I’ve never discussed it with you. It’s obvious that your intention is simply to attack without any sort of discernment even resorting to wild allegations and assumptions based on absolutely no evidence to support them. So congratulations you’ve just discredited yourself and exposed your true intentions.

Upvote 0