What does "Believing in Jesus" mean to you ?

Skyangel01

Nov 25, 2011
✟261.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Christians claim to "believe in Jesus" However, it seems to me their so called "belief" is merely the same kind of "belief" as a child who "believes" in Santa Claus.

Children believe in fictional characters.

A False Christ or fictional Christ exists. How do you know you are not believing in that false Christ ?

According to the bible the followers and believers in the real Christ ought to do the same as he does. If they do not, non believers have no reason to believe them any more than they had a reason to believe in Jesus in the bible stories.

Jesus said not to believe him if he did not do the works of the Father.

John 10:37-38 If I do not the works of my Father, believe me not. But if I do, though ye believe not me, believe the works: that ye may know, and believe, that the Father [is] in me, and I in him.

John 14:12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater [works] than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.

According to Jesus, those who believe in him ought to be doing the same as he does.

I have not met one christian who does the same works that Jesus does, let alone greater works. Have you ?

Do any real Christians exist in this world ? If so where are they ? Where are the dead being raised to life out of their graves ? Where are the sick being healed? Where are the crowds taking their sick people to be healed? They take them to hospitals to be healed by the physicans of the world. They do not take them to Christians who have no clue how to heal people but rather want to try to work "miracles" with "magic" words.

Show me your faith by your works. Faith without works is dead.

How many of you professing Christians have ever raised one person from the dead ? How many of you do the same works as the real Jesus does ?

I presume the rest of you are believing in and following a false Christ?

Ash Crimson

Nov 24, 2011
Here
✟713.00
Faith
Marital Status
Private
Good topic!

I've heard of the dead being raised, but it's usually in rural areas and nations where people are not so skeptical of the supernatural. Smith Wigglesworth is said to have raised people from the dead. Did he really? I don't know, but it's worth looking into if you're curious.

God works through people's faith, their expectations. People in the West are so scientific and secular they have forgotten how to believe. This goes for Christians too. They have replaced miracles and signs with theology and doctrine. The result, is a powerless, weak emaciated church with no teeth. There's no authority in spiritual matters, no wonders. This is largely due to the control of religion, rather than the reign of the spirit of God in the hearts and lives of men and women.

Christ is real and miracles do occur. I've prayed and seen people recover, when there was faith of course. Seek and you will find, ask and it will be given.

Most people stopped asking and seeking a long time ago, however.

Upvote 0

drich0150

Mar 16, 2008
Florida
✟44,834.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Christians claim to "believe in Jesus" However, it seems to me their so called "belief" is merely the same kind of "belief" as a child who "believes" in Santa Claus.
actually you are describing what the bible calls "Faith." Faith and belief are not the same.

They also "Believe" in real characters as well.

A False Christ or fictional Christ exists. How do you know you are not believing in that false Christ ?
Because God tells us so.

According to the bible the followers and believers in the real Christ ought to do the same as he does. If they do not, non believers have no reason to believe them any more than they had a reason to believe in Jesus in the bible stories.
Book chapter and Verse?

Jesus said not to believe him if he did not do the works of the Father.

John 10:37-38 If I do not the works of my Father, believe me not. But if I do, though ye believe not me, believe the works: that ye may know, and believe, that the Father [is] in me, and I in him.

John 14:12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater [works] than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.

7 (I)If you had known Me, you would have known My Father also; from now on you (J)know Him, and have (K)seen Him.”
8 (L)Philip *said to Him, “Lord, show us the Father, and it is enough for us.” 9 Jesus *said to him, “Have I been so long with you, and yet you have not come to know Me, Philip? (M)He who has seen Me has seen the Father; how can you say, ‘Show us the Father’? 10 Do you not believe that (N)I am in the Father, and the Father is in Me? (O)The words that I say to you I do not speak on My own initiative, but the Father abiding in Me does His works.11 Believe Me that (P)I am in the Father and the Father is in Me; otherwise (Q)believe because of the works themselves. 12 Truly, truly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do, he will do also; and (R)greater works than these he will do; because (S)I go to the Father. 13 (T)Whatever you ask in My name, that will I do, so that (U)the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14 If you ask Me anything (V)in My name, I will do it.
Just so we have a contextual base to proceed with.

According to Jesus, those who believe in him ought to be doing the same as he does.
Look at verse 8 and tell me in whom Christ was directly speaking..

Clearly He was not speaking to the whole of the body of believers, (As it did not exist) so again to whom was He making this address, and for what reason?

I have not met one christian who does the same works that Jesus does, let alone greater works. Have you ?
No, But such works have been recorded.. Have you read the Book of Acts yet?

Do any real Christians exist in this world ?
Yes

If so where are they ?
There are all around.

Where are the dead being raised to life out of their graves ?
Everytime a new brother gets baptized.

Where are the sick being healed?
Hospitals.

Where are the crowds taking their sick people to be healed?
I went to ORMC a few months ago for my father, and even though there wasn't a crowd of 5 thousand it did take 6 hours to speak to a doctor.

They take them to hospitals to be healed by the physicians of the world.
...and are you so foolish to think that all that goes on in those places are the result of the efforts of man?

They do not take them to Christians who have no clue how to heal people but rather want to try to work "miracles" with "magic" words.
How do you know that this was ever the case?

Show me your faith by your works. Faith without works is dead.
Book Chapter and verse? or are you just taking scraps of verses and creating new ones? What does it say about a person's integrity who has to do this in order to make a point? Show me where in James 2 that He speaks of the "works" Christ told Philip that he and the other Apostles would have.. Rather, what i read is:
14 (Y)What use is it, (Z)my brethren, if someone says he has faith but he has no works? Can [n]that faith save him? 15 (AA)If a brother or sister is without clothing and in need of daily food, 16 and one of you says to them, “(AB)Go in peace, [o]be warmed and be filled,” and yet you do not give them what is necessary for their body, what use is that? 17 Even so (AC)faith, if it has no works, is [p]dead, being by itself.

How can even the most callous heart demand that the whole of Christianity be held to a standard that no parts of the faith requires? Especially, When the parameters of the standard in Question is clearly stated.

This is a shameful act, even amist non-believers.

How many of you professing Christians have ever raised one person from the dead ?
6, and assisted in many others;)

How many of you do the same works as the real Jesus does ?
12 that i am sure of..

I presume the rest of you are believing in and following a false Christ
As your whole thread points out.. You "presume" too much.

Upvote 0

Zbigge1031

Nov 21, 2011
Texas
✟15,160.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Why do you assume miracles must be big and flashy? It appears to me that the works of God are very much alive in this world. Christ was the incarnation of love in human flesh, and wherever love is shown, there too, is He. His works extend far beyond parlor tricks such as raising the dead. He came to save our souls, not our earthly lives. To me, anyone who extends his hand to his fellow man is doing God's work and spreading His love.

Upvote 0

secondtimearound

King Kong has everything on me
Feb 12, 2009
Reality
✟8,141.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives

Here's a serious question; how many people do you know came to believe that Santa Claus, the Tooth Fairy or the Easter Bunny exists as an adult?

Upvote 0

Emmy

Senior Veteran
Feb 15, 2004
✟50,995.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Dear SKYangel. Since Jesus came into my life, life is full and worthwhile, and His Love is changing me. I know that I have a long way to go yet, but with Jesus by my side, I can do it. I also know that thousands upon thousands believe in a Saviour, and quite a great number have certain and true proof, I know where I am going, or rather: whom I follow. I say this with love, and send greetings. Emmy, sister in Christ.

Upvote 0

Skyangel01

Nov 25, 2011
✟261.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Good topic!

I've heard of the dead being raised, but it's usually in rural areas and nations where people are not so skeptical of the supernatural. Smith Wigglesworth is said to have raised people from the dead. Did he really? I don't know, but it's worth looking into if you're curious.

God works through people's faith, their expectations. People in the West are so scientific and secular they have forgotten how to believe. This goes for Christians too. They have replaced miracles and signs with theology and doctrine. The result, is a powerless, weak emaciated church with no teeth. There's no authority in spiritual matters, no wonders. This is largely due to the control of religion, rather than the reign of the spirit of God in the hearts and lives of men and women.

Christ is real and miracles do occur. I've prayed and seen people recover, when there was faith of course. Seek and you will find, ask and it will be given.

Most people stopped asking and seeking a long time ago, however.

Dead people are often being revived in hospitals and other places by doctors and people who know how to revive them soon after they die. However there comes a time when they can no longer be revived. Lazarus was dead for three days in the bible story. He was decomposing and stinking. Are you telling me that Smith Wigglesworth raised people from their graves after they had been dead at least three days? Have you ever looked into it yourself ? Wigglesworth raised no one from the dead according to some sources. Some even claim he was a false prophet and have evidence of his words and actions to prove it. Do the research yourself.

God works in many ways. God does not always do what people expect.

How can anyone forget how to believe? You either believe something or you do not. No person forgets how to believe. Are you one of the Christians who has forgotten how to believe or are you merely believing the wrong things ?

You appear to believe the church "is a powerless, weak emaciated church with no teeth." etc
Do you belong to this church where the Spirit of God does not reign in the members hearts?

You say "Christ is real and miracles do occur"
Something real is tangible. Please tell me where I can find a tangible Christ?
What do you define as a miracle? Is modern medicine a miracle to you ?

I've seen people recover from sicknesses without prayer. People recover all the time from all kinds of things these days because modern medicine can cure them. The only faith you need is the faith in the doctors. You need to believe they know what they are doing and do what they tell you do in order to be cured of whatever ails you.

No person can seek and find something that is invisible and unattainable.
To seek and find a cure for any sickness you go to the one who is most likely to be able to cure you and that would be a very visible doctor, not some invisible being in the sky.

Upvote 0

Ash Crimson

Nov 24, 2011
Here
✟713.00
Faith
Marital Status
Private
Dead people are often being revived in hospitals and other places by doctors and people who know how to revive them soon after they die. However there comes a time when they can no longer be revived. Lazarus was dead for three days in the bible story. He was decomposing and stinking. Are you telling me that Smith Wigglesworth raised people from their graves after they had been dead at least three days? Have you ever looked into it yourself ? Wigglesworth raised no one from the dead according to some sources. Some even claim he was a false prophet and have evidence of his words and actions to prove it. Do the research yourself.

God works in many ways. God does not always do what people expect.

How can anyone forget how to believe? You either believe something or you do not. No person forgets how to believe. Are you one of the Christians who has forgotten how to believe or are you merely believing the wrong things ?

You appear to believe the church "is a powerless, weak emaciated church with no teeth." etc
Do you belong to this church where the Spirit of God does not reign in the members hearts?

You say "Christ is real and miracles do occur"
Something real is tangible. Please tell me where I can find a tangible Christ?
What do you define as a miracle? Is modern medicine a miracle to you ?

I've seen people recover from sicknesses without prayer. People recover all the time from all kinds of things these days because modern medicine can cure them. The only faith you need is the faith in the doctors. You need to believe they know what they are doing and do what they tell you do in order to be cured of whatever ails you.

No person can seek and find something that is invisible and unattainable.
To seek and find a cure for any sickness you go to the one who is most likely to be able to cure you and that would be a very visible doctor, not some invisible being in the sky.

Well it sounds like you've already made up your mind.

I gave you your answers, but you didn't like them, so best of luck to you then.

I'm not going to argue with someone who has clearly already made up their mind.

Upvote 0

Skyangel01

Nov 25, 2011
✟261.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
actually you are describing what the bible calls "Faith." Faith and belief are not the same..

I understand the difference between belief and faith. The point I am making is that you can believe in God like a child believes in Santa Claus but still have no faith in God.

They also "Believe" in real characters as well.
Of course children believe in real characters as well. So do adults. The point is that real people are visible and tangible. Imaginary ones are merely a figment of the imagination and invisible in reality.

Because God tells us so.
In what way does God tell you so ?
If you are "listening" to your false God in the first place telling you that he is real, you have no proof at all. You are merely believing the word of an invisible being and imaginary friend. What proof do you have that he is telling you the Truth ?

Book chapter and Verse?

7 (I)If you had known Me, you would have known My Father also; from now on you (J)know Him, and have (K)seen Him.”
8 (L)Philip *said to Him, “Lord, show us the Father, and it is enough for us.” 9 Jesus *said to him, “Have I been so long with you, and yet you have not come to know Me, Philip? (M)He who has seen Me has seen the Father; how can you say, ‘Show us the Father’? 10 Do you not believe that (N)I am in the Father, and the Father is in Me? (O)The words that I say to you I do not speak on My own initiative, but the Father abiding in Me does His works.11 Believe Me that (P)I am in the Father and the Father is in Me; otherwise (Q)believe because of the works themselves. 12 Truly, truly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do, he will do also; and (R)greater works than these he will do; because (S)I go to the Father. 13 (T)Whatever you ask in My name, that will I do, so that (U)the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14 If you ask Me anything (V)in My name, I will do it.
Just so we have a contextual base to proceed with.
Then lets proceed with it. Do you know Jesus ? Do you believe in him ? Do you have faith in him ? Have you physically seen him? If you have never physically seen or met Jesus, how can you claim to know him ?
Do you do the works that Jesus does also ? Do you do greater works ? Does he grant you anything you ask in his name ? Has he ever not granted you something you asked for in his name ?

Look at verse 8 and tell me in whom Christ was directly speaking..

Clearly He was not speaking to the whole of the body of believers, (As it did not exist) so again to whom was He making this address, and for what reason?
If you want the whole context of the story, it begins in chapter 13. Jesus was having dinner with all the disciples. He was speaking to all the disciples at the passover. They were all asking him various questions. Verse 7 is Jesus reply to Thomas. The rest is Jesus conversation with Philip but you need to remember all the rest of the disciples except Judas were there at the time. Judas had left the party back in chapter 13:30. Whatever Jesus said to any of the disciples applied to all the disciples in principle. Do you think Jesus words do not apply to anyone who reads them today ?

No, But such works have been recorded.. Have you read the Book of Acts yet?

I have read the bible so many times I have lost count. I can read the stories about Jesus disciples doing the same as Jesus does but I do not see them happening in reality today. Do no disciples or apostles of Jesus exist on this earth today ?
Where do you find people with faith on the earth today ?

Yes

There are all around.
I see many hypocrites pretending to be Christians but I do not see any real Christians. I am talking about the kind that do the same as what Jesus does. Jesus called hypocrites hypocrites. He called a spade a spade. No Christians would dare call each other hypocrites due to it being offensive and they seem to think it is a sin to offend any other Christian or other religious people. Jesus tended to offend people. Christians seem to believe in some wishy washy invisible friend who never offends anyone. Read Matthew 23. If the Lord told anyone to speak like that to religious people, the religious would consider that person to be of the devil and ban them from any Christian forum today. I know it is true because it happens all the time. The Truth ( Jesus ) is banned from religious forums because it (He) offends the hypocrites who participate in them. Those hypocrites do not wish to repent of their hypocrisy. They prefer to make others the same kind of hypocrites as they are.

Matt 23:15 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye compass sea and land to make one proselyte, and when he is made, ye make him twofold more the child of hell than yourselves.

Everytime a new brother gets baptized.

You appear to interpret the bible metaphorically. Many Christians seem to interpret it literally. Do you think that Jesus literally raised physically dead people from their literal graves or do you think all the bible stories are metaphorical and not to be taken literally ?
Many people are baptized into water and raised out of the water but they do not leave their sins or the sinner in the water. They start out as nonreligious sinners and end up as religious sinners. They are changed from non religious to religious by the modern "Pharisees" who still proselytize people into their various religions.

Hospitals.

I went to ORMC a few months ago for my father, and even though there wasn't a crowd of 5 thousand it did take 6 hours to speak to a doctor.

...and are you so foolish to think that all that goes on in those places are the result of the efforts of man?

The physicians do what they can and the body does the rest. The body tends to heal itself. It creates its own antibodies for any infections and diseases in it.

How do you know that this was ever the case?
I have been to pentecostal churches where they dragged sick people onto the platforms and tried to heal them by simply speaking to the sickness and trying to cast it out in the "Name of Jesus". The poor sick people were not healed. I even know of two of them who died and the same pentecostals who prayed for them to be healed also tried to raise them from the dead but were not successful. So much for the so called "faith" of pentecostals. It obviously does not work.

Book Chapter and verse? or are you just taking scraps of verses and creating new ones? What does it say about a person's integrity who has to do this in order to make a point? Show me where in James 2 that He speaks of the "works" Christ told Philip that he and the other Apostles would have.. Rather, what i read is:
14 (Y)What use is it, (Z)my brethren, if someone says he has faith but he has no works? Can [n]that faith save him? 15 (AA)If a brother or sister is without clothing and in need of daily food, 16 and one of you says to them, “(AB)Go in peace, [o]be warmed and be filled,” and yet you do not give them what is necessary for their body, what use is that? 17 Even so (AC)faith, if it has no works, is [p]dead, being by itself.

How can even the most callous heart demand that the whole of Christianity be held to a standard that no parts of the faith requires? Especially, When the parameters of the standard in Question is clearly stated.

This is a shameful act, even amist non-believers.
We are talking about Christians doing the same works that Jesus did. Why did you not include verse 18 -26 ? If you wish to quote scripture in context use the whole book not just the parts which suit your interpretation.
The point is that peoples faith is evidenced in their works. If people have faith in Jesus they ought to be doing the same as he does.
Christians in this forum do not even do the same as Jesus does when it comes to managing this forum. Read James 2 from the beginning. It tells you to not be prejudice and not be the kind of people who treat the poor any differently to the rich. In principle it says to not segregate them. I have found much segregation in Christian forums where non Christians are not allowed to enter certain places or speak to certain people or say certain things. There are "special" places for the "special" Christians who think they are so much better than any unbelievers and very few places where the unbelievers can really freely ask them questions without having their posts deleted and being despised and rejected by the so called Christians for offending them.
Jesus was never offended by anyone yet he offended many religious people. It is the religious hypocrites who tend to reject people who offend them. It is not the unbelievers of the religions who reject the religious hypocrites.
True believers who love the law of God are not offended by anything.
Psalm 119:165 Great peace have they which love thy law: and nothing shall offend them.

Those who get offended are therefore not people who have the peace of God or love the law of God.

6, and assisted in many others;)
I am not talking about baptism. I am talking about literally raising people from the dead. I am pointing out to the Christians who believe anyone can be literally raised from the dead after being dead three days, that it is impossible and has never happened in reality. It never will happen in reality. Some Christians seem to think that all physically dead people will literally come out of their literal physical graves one day. That is not true. Spiritually dead people can come out of their darkness and into the light and die daily but physically dead people remain dead for ever.

12 that i am sure of..

The 12 disciples are physically dead. Physically dead people cannot raise anyone from the dead including themselves.

Most Christians are as dead in their sins as the Pharisees were. Baptism does not change them from sinners to saints. They go into the water as dry sinners and come out of the water as wet sinners. The seem to believe they can continue in sin so grace may abound.

They tend to think when Jesus said "Go and sin no more" to a person that he was speaking only to that person and it does not apply to anyone else.
They seem to think it is impossible to obey Jesus command when He said "Be ye perfect as the Father is perfect."
I get the impression from them that none of them are perfect as the Father is perfect.
Can anyone be following the real Jesus, doing the same as he does, and not be as perfect as He is ?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Skyangel01

Nov 25, 2011
✟261.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Why do you assume miracles must be big and flashy? It appears to me that the works of God are very much alive in this world. Christ was the incarnation of love in human flesh, and wherever love is shown, there too, is He. His works extend far beyond parlor tricks such as raising the dead. He came to save our souls, not our earthly lives. To me, anyone who extends his hand to his fellow man is doing God's work and spreading His love.

I do not assume miracles must be big and flashy. I am merely saying the works of Jesus in the bible appear to be taken literally by many Christians who believe the things in the bible stories literally happened but the same Christians who take the stories literally in a physical sense do not literally do the same works that Jesus literally did in a physical sense.

I extend my hand to my fellow man and do not differentiate between the believers and unbelievers. I speak the Truth and I am rejected and condemned by those who get offended at what I say to them. Many of them are Christians who think they are better than I am because I do not call myself a Christian. They treat me like an unbeliever because I do not claim to have a religion. Unbelievers have as much love in them as any believers do and sometimes far more. Do you believe all humans who have Love in them are the incarnation of Love in human flesh ?

Love can be a miracle if you can manage to love an enemy enough to turn them into a friend but few Christians are capable of loving an enemy that much. They prefer to block and bann the enemy from their lives rather than embrace them and love them.
They hate the Truth that offends them and ban anyone that offends them. They simply don't want to hear Truth ( Jesus ) telling them what hypocrites they really are.

They reject and crucify anyone who offends them just like the Pharisees crucified Jesus because Jesus offended them. Truth appears to be "of the devil" to those who hate the Truth.

Upvote 0

Skyangel01

Nov 25, 2011
✟261.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Here's a serious question; how many people do you know came to believe that Santa Claus, the Tooth Fairy or the Easter Bunny exists as an adult?

Most adults come to realize they are the tooth fairy, easterbunny and Santa. Very few ever admit they are gods but they despise, reject and condemn those who do in the same way the Pharisees condemned Jesus for making himself equal with God.

I am that I am.

Upvote 0

Skyangel01

Nov 25, 2011
✟261.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Dear SKYangel. Since Jesus came into my life, life is full and worthwhile, and His Love is changing me. I know that I have a long way to go yet, but with Jesus by my side, I can do it. I also know that thousands upon thousands believe in a Saviour, and quite a great number have certain and true proof, I know where I am going, or rather: whom I follow. I say this with love, and send greetings. Emmy, sister in Christ.

Love can change people even without a religion.
When you say Jesus came into your life, are you talking about Love ? Did you have no love in your life before Jesus came into your life ?
My life is also full and worthwhile.
Love is not just beside me. Love lives in me and I live in love.
Love is the Saviour to those who are unloved and need someone to love them.
Truth is the Saviour to those who live in self deception and need someone to tell them the Truth which sets people free from deceptions.
Light is the Saviour to those who walk in darkness and need a light by which to see their way.
Bread and water is the Saviour to those who are hungry and thirsty.

Religion is not needed to save anyone.

The Light, The Truth, The bread of life, The water of life, Jesus have no religion. That is why I also have no religion. Truth sets people free from religious deceptions.

Upvote 0

Hakan101

Here I Am
Mar 11, 2010
Earth
✟1,715.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
Most adults come to realize they are the tooth fairy, easterbunny and Santa. Very few ever admit they are gods but they despise, reject and condemn those who do in the same way the Pharisees condemned Jesus for making himself equal with God.

I am that I am.

What are you even saying here?? People don't admit they are gods because they are not gods, nobody has the gall to make such a claim when they know it's false. Jesus said he was God because he was God, when he was sent to Pilate he said nothing to defend himself, except he wouldn't lie about who he was.

Upvote 0

Skyangel01

Nov 25, 2011
✟261.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Well it sounds like you've already made up your mind.

I gave you your answers, but you didn't like them, so best of luck to you then.

I'm not going to argue with someone who has clearly already made up their mind.

Your answers are unconvincing and have no substance. All you told me was you have heared about miracles happening. Do you believe everything you hear and are told ?

Do you check the stories out to see if you are being told the truth or being led astray by fictions ?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Forge3

Forge
Aug 26, 2009
Toronto
✟13,441.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
If I do not love my brother who I do see how can I say I believe in God whom I do not see. Corinthians presents that love is the greatest of the virtues. Our 'journey is grow in and manifest that love as Christ teaches us. That is our path, our ministry, the love of God. I do this everyday in little ways, nothing really big and flashy. And others do as well.

Upvote 0

razeontherock

May 24, 2010
WI
✟35,597.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Have you physically seen him? If you have never physically seen or met Jesus, how can you claim to know him ?

Hopefully these were hypothetical questions, and you see through the problem inherent to them?

Does he grant you anything you ask in his name ? Has he ever not granted you something you asked for in his name ?

Likewise with this one. the phrase "in His Name" has very specific (and deep) meaning.

Do no disciples or apostles of Jesus exist on this earth today ?
Where do you find people with faith on the earth today ?

If you're familiar with Scripture you know Jesus asked this question, and it was His only expression of doubt. My answer is that no single denomination is the answer, but that every one has part of G-d's remnant.

I see many hypocrites pretending to be Christians but I do not see any real Christians. I am talking about the kind that do the same as what Jesus does. Jesus called hypocrites hypocrites. He called a spade a spade. No Christians would dare call each other hypocrites due to it being offensive and they seem to think it is a sin to offend any other Christian or other religious people. Jesus tended to offend people. Christians seem to believe in some wishy washy invisible friend who never offends anyone. Read Matthew 23. If the Lord told anyone to speak like that to religious people, the religious would consider that person to be of the devil and ban them from any Christian forum today.

We exist, I have seen miracles, and so has the person you're responding to here. I have been banned from CF, multiple times, and called a heretic so many times I'm an honorary member of the heretics club here ^_^

And I still call a spade a spade; ask anybody :)

So much for the so called "faith" of pentecostals. It obviously does not work.

WHOA. You may be correct in a specific instance, but I remind you that even Jesus encountered situations where He couldn't do much. You need to straighten out who does the work - it is G-d, not faith.

I am talking about literally raising people from the dead.

There are posters here who have seen that, and participated. I have not.

I am pointing out to the Christians who believe anyone can be literally raised from the dead after being dead three days, that it is impossible and has never happened in reality. It never will happen in reality.

physically dead people remain dead for ever.

The 12 disciples are physically dead. Physically dead people cannot raise anyone from the dead including themselves.

And here i thought i just read you talking about wanting to find "real Christians?" If Christ is not raised, our Faith is in vain, and we are of all men most miserable. Make up your mind!

He Lives, and it's too late to tell me otherwise because I have seen too much.

Upvote 0

Skyangel01

Nov 25, 2011
✟261.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
What are you even saying here?? People don't admit they are gods because they are not gods, nobody has the gall to make such a claim when they know it's false. Jesus said he was God because he was God, when he was sent to Pilate he said nothing to defend himself, except he wouldn't lie about who he was.

Jesus never once claimed to be God. Jesus always claimed to be the son of God. He also claimed to be the son of man.
Those who abide in Him can claim the same as He did, does and always will.
We are also the "Sons of God" and also "the sons of man " in the same way Jesus was and is. We are in them and they are in us. We are one.
I am in the Father and the Father is in me. I and my Father are one.
I am where Jesus is at all times. He never leaves me or forsakes me.
We are the light of the world.
I am the light of the world.
I speak the words of the Father just like Jesus does.

Psalm 82:6 I have said, Ye [are] gods;('elohiym ) and all of you [are] children of the most High.

John 10:33-34 The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God. Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods? ( theos)

No single man or woman is God including the single man named Jesus in the bible stories. God is a plural word in Hebrew. God is a BODY made of MANY MEMBERS, male and female created in the image of a plural God. God is not a body made of three members.

1 Cor 12:12 For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also [is] Christ.

God is a Spirit. ( John 4:24 )
God is not a man. ( Num 23:19 )

I am that I am.

Upvote 0

Skyangel01

Nov 25, 2011
✟261.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
If I do not love my brother who I do see how can I say I believe in God whom I do not see. Corinthians presents that love is the greatest of the virtues. Our 'journey is grow in and manifest that love as Christ teaches us. That is our path, our ministry, the love of God. I do this everyday in little ways, nothing really big and flashy. And others do as well.

Unbelievers in an invisible God also manifest love to other people. They still believe in Love since they manifest love in their lives.
Many Christians think they love but they only love those who are nice and polite to them. They only love those who make them feel good and hate those who make them feel bad about themselves.
Christians tend to think they are better than unbelievers in an invisible God. Christians despise and reject the people who try to tell them their invisible God is an imaginary being who is a figment of their imagination.

They do not want to hear the Truth that they are believing a lie and being led astray by false doctrines in the religions of this world.

Jesus was not a religious person. Jesus had no religion. Religion is not necessary to be saved. People in religions need to be saved from the traps in which they have been caught. Those traps keep them trapped as long as they reject the Truth that they have been deceived by the very people who claim are trying to save them.

Saving a sinner from sin is not accomplished by changing the sinner from a non religious sinner into a religious sinner.

Does God sin ? Do Gods Children sin ? Gods children cannot sin according to the bible.
1 John 3:9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

Christin sinners who continue to sin have not been born of God.

Upvote 0