✟9,243.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
CA-Liberals
Nope.

Certainly not for every woman. That's as ridiculous as saying every man is looking for a woman like Pam Anderson.

Some are certainly - which is fine. They're entitled to their preference. But it certainly is not what every man is looking for.

Your list isn't what every woman is looking for.

The only ones that really mattered to me, and of course, they're negotiable in a lot of cases...

No. 2 - Clothes/How they dress

This is negotiable. I certainly love a well-dressed man. However, my definition of well-dressed is... say, Hidetoshi Nakata. There was a big thread in the Singles forum about men's fashion. I personally, found the AE-A&F-Hollister polo/jeans combo boring & uninspired. And expressed much distaste for it - the whole standard Americana look of the last little while on men & women being a pet peeve of mine. I know plenty of women who find that style attractive on a man.

However, this isn't to say a man who couldn't dress himself has no chance with me. Just as long as he let me suggest some clothing items for him. :)

3. Hot/Cute.

I love attractive men. There has to be some visual attraction there, I won't lie or pretend it doesn't matter. Generally, I don't find blonds attractive, but its not to say a lovely Swedish man with my colouring couldn't win my heart.

So while my preference would be for a tall, dark-haired fair-skinned man with glasses, it doesn't mean a flaxen-haired man couldn't win my heart. If we all start out with say, a first-glance rating of 8/10. A man who fit my physical ideals would automatically get that 8/10. But if he has a terrible personality, it doesn't matter how good-looking he is - he's down to a 2 or 3. Likewise, a man at first glance with blond hair & blue eyes may be a 5, but a winning personality can place him at a 9.

8. Future

Yes, that is non-negotiable. They don't need to be shooting for Bill Gates type fate, but yes, a guy who knows what he wants to do in life will impress me.

10. Smart

Another non-negotiable.

Just be yourself. What is meant for you will not pass you by.

I can safely say though, as a woman, I do not focus on these things all out on the get-go. Enjoy dating - with life expectancy the way it is, you have plenty of time to find a mate.

Upvote 0

Matt.9:22

I've got mustard seed faith!
Dec 6, 2004
Texas
✟3,671.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
i dont get it the top ten. im list what i think in periodically order

1.money
2.cloths,how they dress
3.if there "hot" or cute whatever
4.humor
5.how big it is
6.shy
7.lazy
8.do they have a future
9.are they outgoing(do they do crazy things,are they mature,etc)
10.smart

am i right
Well I agree with some of your list and some of it I think is...questionable...so I'll let you know what I think of it:

Money- While I probably wouldn't go for the guy standing on the corner, however nice he may be, I'm not looking for Donal Trump or P Diddy either because money brings problems.

Clothes- I think they're important but not in the superficial way. I'm not a person who goes "ok, if he doesn't work banana republic or ambercrombie and fitch (sp?) he shouldn't even talk to me." His clothes could be from goodwill or wal-mart (I know wally world supplies enough of my comfy gear) as long as they look good on him. Also, I don't like the thugged out, saggy pants, over-sized t-shirt look or the starvin punk rocker too tight jeans, hoodie look.

hot/ cute- well of course. If I'm not attracted to them, I won't even look at them as potential dating/ marriage material. He doesn't have to be runway model/ athlete/ singer looking but I do have to find him attractive.

Humor- This is a must for me because I'm a joker. I like to crack jokes, I have a dry since of humor, very sarcastic and you have to be able to keep up.

How Big it is- ummm...ok...no. That's not really on my list of must haves when looking at a potential. It's not even something I should be inventorying since according to Jesus that would be committing adultery in my mind. I wouldn't ask and even if I did I wouldn't believe him regardless of what he said. so...no.

Shy- shy is not a problem

lazy- Lazy is easy to spot once you start talking in serious and yeah it is a turn off. Take some initiative.

Do they have a future- this is none negotiable, 'cause I got a future so bright, I gotta wear shades. lol. Seriously though I've spent years in school, working hard to get somewhere. Why would I saddle myself with someone who is content with the status quo?

Smart- This is NON-NEGOTIABLE. I have an education, but I don't think that education necessarily equals intelligence. One of the smartest, most industrious men I know is self-educated. So while he doesn't have to have a degree, he does have to be intelligent.

Upvote 0
B

BriannaColletteSapp

hmmmm.....most girls i know don't really "need" that list. i think if you see one with such a list....run!! ; )

here's mine:

1) he must love God more than anything or anyone (including me!)
2) he's kind and considerate
3) he must make me laugh
4) he teaches me new things and explores with me
5) he appreciates my interests and participates in them with me
6) i'm physically attracted to him (i don't care if everyone and a duck thinks he's a hottie. i just have to!!)
7) we could live comfortably and support a good-sized family together
8) is passionate about "something" and can share it with me
9) loves animals
10) romances me = )

Upvote 0
I

ImperialPhantom

i dont get it the top ten. im list what i think in periodically order

1.money
2.cloths,how they dress
3.if there "hot" or cute whatever
4.humor
5.how big it is
6.shy
7.lazy
8.do they have a future
9.are they outgoing(do they do crazy things,are they mature,etc)
10.smart

am i right

For my gf...

1) She doesn't care too much, it's that I'm hard working and not lazy that's important.
2) VERY important
3) important
4) VERY
5) How big what is? My ego? :p
6) no
7) Who wants a lazy guy?
8) yes
9) Enough so that I would have the stones to ask her out. As for women in general, usually.
10) She does.

Upvote 0

charlie_hunter

Mar 13, 2006
✟1,285.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
although your original sentance is fairly incoherant, i think you're pretty much spot on with the list!

I think he'd score bonus points if he shows a general lack of interest in the girl and her feelings. from observation, that seems to be quite popular at the moment. i'd put indifferent in there. probably instead of shy, girls dont usually like that.

experience too, women want something that's desireable to other women. hence why some guys end up with lots of girlfriends and others go without any attention. it builds on its self. a guy with a big resume usually stands a better chance.

*end rant*

Upvote 0

PlanN2WalkONwata

Dec 1, 2003
✟8,479.00
Faith
Marital Status
Private
1. a REAL relationship with God
2. believes the same way I do (as far as foundational stuff... i'm not looking for 100% in the rest.... but that foundational stuff... MAJORLY IMPORTANT)
3. POWER - (i do NOT mean rich) I like guys with power... They usually show respect and are given respect in the presence of AND away from people
4. Great sense of humor... I LOVE TO LAUGH
5. NEEDS TO BE ABLE TO TELL ME "NO!"... I like a guy who can stand his ground... I'm the kinda person I can get people to do whatever I want just by smiling and asking nicely... and NOBODY says no....kinda gets irritating

Upvote 0

tanya88

Veteran
Aug 7, 2004
Tacoma, Washington
Visit site
✟9,163.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
1. A zeal for God. - Seriously nothing is hotter than a guy who is on fire for God!!! This is absolutely a must have!!! A guy could have everything but if he doesn't have a strong relationship with God I'm not interested.

2. Smart. - I want a guy who can carry on a conversation, who I won't be bored with for the rest of my life.

3. Gentleman. - A man needs to know how to treat a lady!!!

4. Faithful.

5. A guy who doesn't give up.

Upvote 0

MissMere

Sep 30, 2007
✟15,121.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hm.. the first couple of things I look for..

A.) A Man who loves and obeys the Lord.
B.) Able to provide, I mean financially and emotionally.
C.) Fun. I mean, knows how to have fun and has a sense of humor of course.
D.) Honest. Honesty is key. This ties into faithfulness.
E.) Attractive. I'll admit it, there's gotta be some attraction there!

Upvote 0

reverie_maiden

The Lord is my Shepherd
Apr 19, 2005
KY
✟17,097.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Nope, those things aren't exactly what women are looking for. I will list my reasons below with the list you previously posted.

1.money ... I don't think so. I mean I am married right now and my husband lost his job a week after we returned from our honeymoon. If I based our marriage off of how much money he is bringing in...our marriage wouldn't have lasted more than a week.

2.cloths,how they dress ... Well, a nicely dressed man is a bonus. But, what if he has a heart of gold and just doesn't have the money for really nice clothes.

3.if there "hot" or cute whatever ... Not necessarily. Some people might put that at the top of their list, but it is far from what a person should be looking for in their future spouse. I will admit that I did not fall in love with my husband for his looks. I fell in love with him mainly because he has such a big heart and always puts others before himself.

4.humor ... I believe humor is very important. Why would you want to live the rest of your life with someone who couldn't bring a smile to your face?

5.how big it is ... Like it matters! When you find the person you are meant to marry...let me just say that God made you for each other in every way.

6.shy ... It didn't matter to me. It was just a bonus that I was also shy, so my husband being shy made us all the more perfect for each other.

7.lazy ... Nope. A man needs to learn to help out in every way he can. My husband does the laundry, helps with the dishes, cleans up after himself, gets the mail, takes out the garbage...etc.

8.do they have a future ...Absolutely! Women want men to have goals.

9.are they outgoing(do they do crazy things,are they mature,etc) ... Well I suppose to an extent. I certainly wouldn't want my husband to be involved in extreme sports though. A man definitely needs to learn how to get along with others and listen to them. A man definitely needs to learn to be mature and have manners. That is a must!

10.smart ... Intelligence is definitely a bonus, but there is no need for them to be at the top of their class.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Cordelia

Temperamental Girl of God
Apr 14, 2004
Leeds, United Kingdom
✟10,155.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
hmmmm.....most girls i know don't really "need" that list. i think if you see one with such a list....run!! ; )

here's mine:

3) he must make me laugh
6) i'm physically attracted to him (i don't care if everyone and a duck thinks he's a hottie. i just have to!!)
9) loves animals
10) romances me = )
What she said! lol To the OP - scrap the original list totally and replace it with this.

Upvote 0

Luther073082

κύριε ἐλέησον χριστὲ ἐλέησον
Apr 1, 2007
New Carlisle, IN
✟31,326.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

here's mine:

3) he must make me laugh
9) loves animals
10) romances me = )

What women say and what they do are two different things. Not that men are any different.

Not saying the OP is right, but I don't think in practice this is right either.

Upvote 0

rfan

Oct 5, 2007
✟209.00
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
Private
I'm a guy, and I wouldn't want a woman so shallow that she only wants me for what job I do, I want someone who loves ME not my job. Women who like a man for his prospects, 'power,' and status are misguided and these relationships would be in serious trouble if the guy got fired, or lost status - when you marry usually both partners agree to love each other "for better or worse," so they should mean it. What I look for in a woman is the person; how she looks, personality, whether we are on 'the same wavelength,' her conduct, philosophises, and I must be able to trust her, and she must be able to trust me. I'd like her to be a virgin like I am.

Upvote 0

charlie_hunter

Mar 13, 2006
✟1,285.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
i agree with Luther. what women say they want and what they acutally want are often two different things. and like Luther said, that's not gender exclusive either.

at the end of the day, prehaps people dont actually know what they want untill they see it?

Upvote 0

Luther073082

κύριε ἐλέησον χριστὲ ἐλέησον
Apr 1, 2007
New Carlisle, IN
✟31,326.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
i agree with Luther. what women say they want and what they acutally want are often two different things. and like Luther said, that's not gender exclusive either.

at the end of the day, prehaps people dont actually know what they want untill they see it?

People convince themselves that they are less shallow then they actually are IMO.

If Jesus hadn't been a celibate man, 99% of Christian women, including most on this site would have never even gone out on a date with Jesus. Must less married him.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

charlie_hunter

Mar 13, 2006
✟1,285.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
People convince themselves that they are less shallow then they actually are IMO.

If Jesus hadn't been a celibate man, 99% of Christian women, including most on this site would have never even gone out on a date with Jesus. Must less married him.
i'm not sure about that. Tradesmen are pretty popular where i'm from.

Upvote 0

ObeyGod

Oct 7, 2007
Auckland
✟15,164.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
The things I look for in a man are (honestly!!!) and in this order:

1. A close relationship with God (that is foremost)
2. Has a good personality - a caring heart, honest, sweet etc
3. Is attractive to me. just being honest here..i dont thik i would date a guy who i didnt find attractive. it doesnt matter if my friends find him attractive. I once thought a guy was great looking, but only after I knew how funny and kind he was. It might not be "right" but its my honest opinion.
4. Funny and likes to have fun.
5. Has a job and earns enough money to live off.

Money isnt a big issue to me. I come from a rich family and a dad who spent more time at work or thinking and talking about work than he did with his own children.

Upvote 0