What do you think about Tucker Carlson's new book?

Junker P Hoodwink

Nov 26, 2018
TX
✟21,898.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Tucker Carlson is undoubtedly a brave man. No other cable news host discusses the dangers of the left so thoroughly as he does. And despite the relentless criticisms from the political left, Carlson has steadfastly refused to back down or apologize for his staunch conservatism.

Tucker now has a new book, called Ship of Fools, which has secured a spot on the New York Times best seller list.

The book, like his program, pulls no punches on illegal immigration and elite treachery. However, it is mostly about economics, and its main thesis is that America’s liberal elites have wrecked the country. Carlson sometimes sounds like an old school labor Democrat rather than a conservative pundit when he takes on corporate power and the horrors of foreign interventions such as the Iraq War.

Much of his book is an all-out attack on liberal elitist stupidity in economic policy, foreign affairs, free speech, and other social issues.

In his chapter on illegal immigration, Tucker sounds like a Democrat from a bygone era, since he avoids the cultural and demographic arguments against the subject in lieu of economic ones. The chapter talks about Cesar Chavez’s opposition to illegal immigration. Carlson believes that mass immigration, legal or otherwise, is driven by the elite’s desire for surfs, and that liberals from former times would be horrified by it.

The chapter on solutions to the leftist problem is surprisingly short and offers only “more democracy” as the solution to elite corruption. Tucker believes that if elites continue to scorn people, voters will turn to leaders even more right-wing than Donald Trump. This thin conclusion suggests he doesn’t believe there will be more democracy; that darker days lie ahead.

What do you think about Tucker's new book?

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: brinny

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Explain your assertion. What is wrong with Tucker Carlson?
uhmmm...that wasn't an assertion, that was an opinion. If Akita Suggagaki had said "It's a stupid book and I don't waste time reading stupid books!" that would be an assertion, see the difference? :wave:
tulc(hopes that helps) :)

Upvote 0

Junker P Hoodwink

Nov 26, 2018
TX
✟21,898.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
uhmmm...that wasn't an assertion, that was an opinion. If Akita Suggagaki had said "It's a stupid book and I don't waste time reading stupid books!" that would be an assertion, see the difference? :wave:
tulc(hopes that helps) :)

I stand corrected. But does it matter? There isn't a cosmic law that says my English ought to be perfect all the time.

Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I stand corrected. But does it matter? There isn't a cosmic law that says my English ought to be perfect all the time.
It only matters if you think the words that we use matter. For instance: the medium we're using here on the forum consists only in the words we type, so if the word we type is used incorrectly then we may not be "saying" what we think we're saying. In this case by using the word "asserting" you were asking Akita Suggagaki to support an assertion that he hadn't actually made. I've seen way to many threads and discussions break down in various threads not because the people participating are arguing about something but because people use the wrong words to try and convey their point. :wave:
tulc(thinks words are the "tools" we use in these discussions so it's a good thing to use the right "tool" for the "job" we're doing) :)

Upvote 0

Junker P Hoodwink

Nov 26, 2018
TX
✟21,898.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
It only matters if you think the words that we use matter. For instance: the medium we're using here on the forum consists only in the words we type, so if the word we type is used incorrectly then we may not be "saying" what we think we're saying. In this case by using the word "asserting" you were asking Akita Suggagaki to support an assertion that he hadn't actually made. I've seen way to many threads and discussions break down in various threads not because the people participating are arguing about something but because people use the wrong words to try and convey their point. :wave:
tulc(thinks words are the "tools" we use in these discussions so it's a good thing to use the right "tool" for the "job" we're doing) :)

You say what you mean and mean what you say. Well played.

Reactions: tulc
Upvote 0

Junker P Hoodwink

Nov 26, 2018
TX
✟21,898.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I have watched Mr. Carlson while on the treadmill and find him to be pretty much on the same page as Hannity. I can't believe these guys have air time.

Have you ever come across the term “cuckservative”? It’s another term for turncoat Republican or RINO. Too many conservatives these days are selling out, thinking they’ll get a pat on the back from their leftist opponents. In reality, they alienate their base and don’t really please their political adversaries. In my opinion, Tucker Carlson represents the epitome of the anti-cuckservative. He’s a brave man who is willing to take a stand for true conservative principles and not sell out to the leftist narrative. Why would you be against that? Are you a liberal?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟283,385.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
No, but you have the option to recant your anti-Tucker Carlson views and recognize that he’s a great conservative.

That does not make him a great man nor great commentator nor great author.
And certainly not anyone I care for.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums