What Do you think about the Millennial Reign?

BeliefBite

Jul 26, 2022
Iowa
✟18,199.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have been studying the topic for a long time, and I am interested in your viewpoints on the millennium of Revelation 20. What view do you have, and what reasons (specifically from the scriptures) convinced you of your current position?

I also made a video on the subject here, so please let me know if you think I missed anything major. Obviously I couldn't cover everything in such a short video, but let me know what you think.

BeliefBite

Jul 26, 2022
Iowa
✟18,199.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Can you post your video without using Youtube as I am not interested and unable to access all Youtube due to the inappropriate content that can be accessed through that website?
Let me see if there is another way to send it

Upvote 0

SeventhFisherofMen

You cannot fool Jesus
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2013
CA
✟401,689.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Separated
Politics
US-Republican
This youtuber is someone I used to love to watch on Sundays he has had dreams and visions about the millenium and it is super interesting here is just one video but please don't hesitate to look at his other videos he talks about the new earth and what we can build and flying and all of that.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I have been studying the topic for a long time, and I am interested in your viewpoints on the millennium of Revelation 20. What view do you have, and what reasons (specifically from the scriptures) convinced you of your current position?

I also made a video on the subject here, so please let me know if you think I missed anything major. Obviously I couldn't cover everything in such a short video, but let me know what you think.

I just saw a sermon on this ... on youtube

The Bible says the saints are raptured to heaven at the appearing of Christ in Matt 24:29-31 and in 1 Thess 4:13-18.

The Bible also says that the lost are destroyed 2 Thess 1, Rev 19:21, Jer 4:23-26 at the appearing of Christ.

So the Millennial reign of the saints with Christ - is in heaven. And at the time the Earth is desolate as Jer 4 states -- it has destroyed cities and no humans during that time.

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟563,517.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Been a while since I studied this.
The tribulation occurs.
After the tribulation of those days, at the last trump, on the last day, the resurrection of the saints occurs.
Jesus takes over.
The devil, antichrist, and false prophet are imprisoned for a thousand years.
At the endo of the thousand years, the devil is released and is finally destroyed.

Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Been a while since I studied this.
The tribulation occurs.
After the tribulation of those days, at the last trump, on the last day, the resurrection of the saints occurs.
Jesus takes over.
The devil, antichrist, and false prophet are imprisoned for a thousand years.

Only the devil is imprisoned. The two beasts are cast into the lake of fire in Revelation 19, before satan is imprisoned.

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟563,517.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Only the devil is imprisoned. The two beasts are cast into the lake of fire in Revelation 19, before satan is imprisoned.
Thanks for the clarification.

Reactions: ewq1938
Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
There are many errors in the video but a big one is the false claim that Premillennialism has two Armageddons and two times Jerusalem is surrounded. Armageddon happens one time, and Jerusalem is surrounded one time. I have never heard a single Premillennialist say there are two of each.

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,675.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
There will be the great tribulation when many of the evil world's people will die. Then Jesus gathers His people. Then comes the millennial rule of Jesus. At the end of this thousand-year rule, armies as the sand of the sea shall surround Jerusalem, and they will be devoured by fire "from God out of heaven" (in Revelation 20:9).

I see a practical thing about this > so many will die during the tribulation period; so it could take those thousand years to reproduce enough people to have armies as the sand of the sea for that army of Armageddon.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SavedByGrace3

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟563,517.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
There will be the great tribulation when many of the evil world's people will die. Then Jesus gathers His people. Then comes the millennial rule of Jesus. At the end of this thousand-year rule, armies as the sand of the sea shall surround Jerusalem, and the Lord will consume them with the fiery breath of His mouth.

I see a practical thing about this > so many will die during the tribulation period; so it could take those thousand years to reproduce enough people to have armies as the sand of the sea for that army of Armageddon.
I have been studying genealogy and my family tree for 15 years. It is surprising how fast the population increases from one generation to the next.
The population of the planet in 1000 AD was just under 400 million.
Today, about 1000 years later, the population is just under 8 billion. So you are correct. Even if the post tribulation population is reduced by 90%, it will not take long for it to jump back up into the billions.

Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
There will be the great tribulation when many of the evil world's people will die. Then Jesus gathers His people. Then comes the millennial rule of Jesus. At the end of this thousand-year rule, armies as the sand of the sea shall surround Jerusalem, and the Lord will consume them with the fiery breath of His mouth.

The fire comes out of God in heaven. Christ is on the Earth at that time so the fire doesn't come from Christ.

Upvote 0

RandyPNW

Jun 8, 2021
Pacific NW, USA
✟105,504.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

I will have to watch later, since it's getting quite late here. But I do enjoy videos!

I take the Millennium literally, just as Revelation warns us not to detract from what is written there. I believe the idea of a future Kingdom was something promised Israel in the Prophets, and something Jesus seemed to confirm when he told his apostles they would rule on a reformed earth.

The often-argued complaint that there can't be a Millennium because the world will end is a compelling argument, but there is an answer to it. The Scriptures often describe the end of nations and ages in a display of comprehensive judgment, not necessarily referring to annihilation of the planet and the universe. After all, in the time the Scriptures were written, comprehensive judgment impacted people in the form of national judgments and local disasters.

I don't, however, believe the Dispensationalists rule Premill thought. I don't focus as much on Israel in the Millennium. Israel was simply promised a place in the Millennial Age because at the time the Prophets predicted this, only Israel represented a godly nation. As a reward for their faithfulness, some would enter into a revived nation that is godly and blessed in the Messianic Age.

There is no question in my mind that God promised Abraham not just Israel, representing his own progeny, but also a progeny of faith among many nations. And so, the promise of international faith will be fulfilled in the Millennium, as I see it, even though the world will continue for another 1000 years to be challenged by a Sin Nature and a predisposition towards rebellion against God.

Upvote 0

Sorn

Jan 8, 2018
Perth
✟178,763.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Its highly likely that by the end of the millennium the population of Earth could well be tens of billions.
People will live longer, be prosperous, etc, reproduction will be much higher than 'normal' times.
If in the last 1000 years every body who died young lived a full life there would already be billions more.
Consider also the tech of the millennium, probably able to feed, house & clothe an order of magnitude more people than today while all still being earth and nature friendly.

Upvote 0

dougangel

Regular
Site Supporter
May 7, 2012
New Zealand
✟85,556.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Rev 20:5 But the rest of the dead did not live again until the thousand years were finished.

So I'm just trying to work this out. So go easy on me lol.
So everyone killed at the 2nd coming. Comes alive again at the end of the millennium.

Rev 20:7 Now when the thousand years have expired, Satan will be released from his prison 8 and will go out to deceive the nations which are in the four corners of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle, whose number is as the sand of the sea. 9 They went up on the breadth of the earth and surrounded the camp of the saints and the beloved city. And fire came down from God out of heaven and devoured them.

So everyone who isn't a saint(resurrected righteous) are deceived by Satan once again and they try destroy the saints(resurrected righteous) who are in Jerusalem. So they are given a 2nd chance but Satan just deceives them again God destroys them.

Rev 20: 12 And I saw the dead, small and great, standing before God, and books were opened. And another book was opened, which is the Book of Life. And the dead were judged according to their works, by the things which were written in the books. 13 The sea gave up the dead who were in it, and Death and Hades delivered up the dead who were in them. And they were judged, each one according to his works. 14 Then Death and Hades were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. 15 And anyone not found written in the Book of Life was cast into the lake of fire.

The unrighteous are resurrected again and cast into the lake of fire.
Interested in any sensible comments and ideas on that.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Sorn

Jan 8, 2018
Perth
✟178,763.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Rev 20:5 But the rest of the dead did not live again until the thousand years were finished.

So I'm just trying to work this out. So go easy on me lol.
So everyone killed at the 2nd coming. Comes alive again at the end of the millennium.

Rev 20:7 Now when the thousand years have expired, Satan will be released from his prison 8 and will go out to deceive the nations which are in the four corners of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle, whose number is as the sand of the sea. 9 They went up on the breadth of the earth and surrounded the camp of the saints and the beloved city. And fire came down from God out of heaven and devoured them.

So everyone who isn't a saint(resurrected righteous) are deceived by Satan once again and they try destroy the saints(resurrected righteous) who are in Jerusalem. So they are given a 2nd chance but Satan just deceives them again God destroys them.

Rev 20: 12 And I saw the dead, small and great, standing before God, and books were opened. And another book was opened, which is the Book of Life. And the dead were judged according to their works, by the things which were written in the books. 13 The sea gave up the dead who were in it, and Death and Hades delivered up the dead who were in them. And they were judged, each one according to his works. 14 Then Death and Hades were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. 15 And anyone not found written in the Book of Life was cast into the lake of fire.

The unrighteous are resurrected again and cast into the lake of fire.
Interested in any sensible comments and ideas on that.

That last bit is always puzzling, if not concerning. If we have souls that are conscious after death why do they need to be re-embodied to be judged. Is it because as souls we are unconscious? Or we cease to exist when we die and God has to recreate us so we can understand the judgement, only to the be killed again, but then is He judging a copy of us?
I do think we have a soul that survives our bodily death, one that can only be destroyed in the 2nd death, but its still very puzzling.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟39,537.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Taken as literal. Isaiah in particular is full of references
to support the 1000 year reign of Christ. This is preceded
by a 7 year reign of a false Christ.
The King of kings and Lord of lords returns at the end
of the age, more than 1007 years from now. The elect
reign over the nations, while the Son remains seated
at the right hand of the Father, until all His enemies
are under His feet.
Ezekiel tells us that David will sit on the throne of Jerusalem
over the kingdom of Israel. While thrones will be established
for those from the first resurrection to govern the nations.
This is Dominion, beyond the borders of the kingdom of Israel.

Ezekiel 34:
And I will set up one shepherd over them, and he shall feed them, even my servant David; he shall feed them, and he shall be their shepherd.
24 And I the Lord will be their God, and my servant David a prince among them; I the Lord have spoken it.

Ezekiel 37:24 And David my servant shall be king over them; and they all shall have one shepherd: they shall also walk in my judgments, and observe my statutes, and do them.

Note:This could possibly be someone of the lineage of David
who reigns in "the spirit and power" of David. On the other hand,
if the Lord wants to send David who would say that is impossible.
God?!

Upvote 0

rwb

Jun 19, 2020
Branson
✟40,427.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Without watching the video one important thing to understand regarding Rev 20 is the 'first resurrection' is NOT physical. John tells us it is those who have part in the first resurrection "on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ and shall reign with him a thousand years".

When we discover when and how and of whom the second death has no power over, then the thousand years for living and reigning with Christ becomes clear.

If John had been shown physically resurrected saints, whether in heaven or on earth he would not have said he saw headless souls. Some will argue these headless souls were bought to physical life again as full human beings because some Bible translations appear to support this opinion. The problem for this opinion is that these disembodied souls are already living and reigning with Christ for a thousand years. So it cannot be argued that they live and reign during this time and also argue they will not live and reign with Christ for a thousand years until Christ comes again, after the thousand years are finished.

It is only by understanding the 'first resurrection' is NOT physical but is to be born again and have spiritual life from spiritual death when indwelt by the life-giving Spirit of God that the thousand years becomes clear. When we understand the thousand years is symbolically referencing time between the first advent of Christ to His second coming, we can understand without causing contradiction TIME symbolized as a thousand years is the age given the church on earth to build the Kingdom of heaven as the Gospel is proclaimed unto all the nations of the earth.

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,789.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I am Amillennial so I take the millenial reign as stretching over the entire Church age, one thousand years representing an undetermined stretch of time and not literal.
Blessings

Upvote 0

rwb

Jun 19, 2020
Branson
✟40,427.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That last bit is always puzzling, if not concerning. If we have souls that are conscious after death why do they need to be re-embodied to be judged. Is it because as souls we are unconscious? Or we cease to exist when we die and God has to recreate us so we can understand the judgement, only to the be killed again, but then is He judging a copy of us?
I do think we have a soul that survives our bodily death, one that can only be destroyed in the 2nd death, but its still very puzzling.

You see the dilemma that must be faced in trying to force a literal/physical thousand years of time into Rev 20. When we have been made spiritually alive in Christ by being born again of His Spirit in us then we never die. That's the promise Christ gives all who live and believe in Him, even in physical death believers are ALIVE in heaven (Jo 11:26). Physical death for believers means as living (spirit) soul we leave our physical body and go to be with the Lord in heaven. This is what John's vision shows us. And why John says they are disembodied souls. John tells us that death cannot separate believers from the living God.

Upvote 0