Dec 8, 2007
✟829,419.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
I wouldn't use it for strict, as Catholicism properly practiced is strict, I would use it for someone who hates all pleasure, which is somewhat correct but not entirely.
If by strict, you mean a set and well defined theology; yes (you could say the same about us confessional Lutherans); however if by strict you mean "legalism", then I would disagree. The old order Amish and Mennonites are "legalistic", and the application can be more or less severe depending on the personal interpretation of Scripture by the Bishop and Elders; as they don't have strictly defined theologies like we have in our catechisms and confessional documents. Such is why the differences in rules and restrictions between congregations.

Upvote 0

MarkRohfrietsch

Unapologetic Apologist
Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2007
✟829,419.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
They hate all pleasure and think technology is evil for some reason.
Not at all. Some drink, some smoke (and it's OK in their congregations) all like puns and satirical jokes; practical jokes too. The ones I know (a lot) really enjoy shooting competions, and teasing each other about their skill; and teasing me and me teasing them back. They enjoy amazing food, and are quick to share it with anyone, they keep their homes nice, and the flowers in the flower beds perfect. While some object to photographs, they don't mind videos of themselves; and some have no objections whatsoever. It is a shame that there are so many misunderstandings about them and their unique if not (by our standards) heterodox approach to faith. It is still faith!

• Informative
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

Augustus_33AD

Jun 14, 2019
Michigan
✟21,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Traditional. Cath.
Marital Status
Celibate
Not at all. Some drink, some smoke (and it's OK in their congregations) all like puns and satirical jokes; practical jokes too. The ones I know (a lot) really enjoy shooting competions, and teasing each other about their skill; and teasing me and me teasing them back. They enjoy amazing food, and are quick to share it with anyone, they keep their homes nice, and the flowers in the flower beds perfect. While some object to photographs, they don't mind videos of themselves; and some have no objections whatsoever. It is a shame that there are so many misunderstandings about them and their unique if not (by our standards) heterodox approach to faith. It is still faith!
Huh. Guess there's another thing my grandmother was wrong about!

Upvote 0