USA
✟231,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Yes the Amish faith community forum here at CF is noticeably silent and absent.
Good for them, I should spend less time here and doing something productive.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Yes the Amish faith community forum here at CF is noticeably silent and absent.
That's because there is nothing here for them. (not for most people actually, but most people are not busy doing God's Work, and have time for play and distractions)

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
I can't ask them anything since they don't use the Internet.
See if you can find it "The Secret of the Amish Life". It is an eye opener and also shows a pleasing Godly life (in ONE family) who were kicked out of the Amish!

Upvote 0

Tom 1

Optimistic sceptic
Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
Tarnaveni
✟818,769.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Not as great as Orthodox beards though. :ahah:
You could be right there.
Certainly their lifestyle is better for the planet. I don’t know a great deal about their belief system.

Upvote 0

Not David

I'm back!
Apr 6, 2018
USA
✟231,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Certainly their lifestyle is better for the planet. I don’t know a great deal about their belief system.
They are Anabaptists, so approve of rebaptism if one was baptized as a child.

• Informative
Reactions: Tom 1
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
It looks like their lifestyle is better for them and for their neighbors and for everyone as well. More in line and harmony with Scripture "no polluting", and "cause no harm",
and so on....

When (life style) lived as new creations in Christ Jesus, "PERFECT" !

Reactions: Tom 1
Upvote 0

Pavel Mosko

Arch-Dude of the Apostolic
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I can't ask them anything since they don't use the Internet.

Years ago, sometimes around 2004-2006, I remember a thread on Orthodoxchristianity.net asking about a Protestant equivalent to Orthodoxy in American and specifically hypothesized that the Amish may be the closest Protestants that have a Orthodox mind set. While there was some agreement the fiery disagreement was quite something, especially concerning some of the Luddite tendencies etc. of such folks! I do think there is something there on the topic of phronema in a "compare and contrast" sense between Mennonites in general and other Protestants, and how the Mennonites have some similarities to Orthodox phronema and tradition orientation especially when contrasted to a very permissive, low Church view of many Evangelicals today.

Reactions: Sarah G
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

NothingIsImpossible

May 22, 2015
✟274,922.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
While I don't know what form of Christianity they practice, I do often get envious of them. They make most of us look weak in our walks. THey don't use tech, they don't seem to screw up...etc. I mean I am sure they do of course. But they are very strong with how they raise their kids.

Upvote 0

Not David

I'm back!
Apr 6, 2018
USA
✟231,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Years ago, sometimes around 2004-2006, I remember a thread on Orthodoxchristianity.net asking about a Protestant equivalent to Orthodoxy in American and specifically hypothesized that the Amish may be the closest Protestants that have a Orthodox mind set. While there was some agreement the fiery disagreement was quite something, especially concerning some of the Luddite tendencies etc. of such folks! I do think there is something there on the topic of phronema in a "compare and contrast" sense between Mennonites in general and other Protestants, and how the Mennonites have some similarities to Orthodox phronema and tradition orientation especially when contrasted to a very permissive, low Church view of many Evangelicals today.
Which similarities Mennonites have with Orthodox?

Upvote 0

Not David

I'm back!
Apr 6, 2018
USA
✟231,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
While I don't know what form of Christianity they practice, I do often get envious of them. They make most of us look weak in our walks. THey don't use tech, they don't seem to screw up...etc. I mean I am sure they do of course. But they are very strong with how they raise their kids.
According to Wikipedia, they are an offshoot of Anabaptism and Mennonites.

Upvote 0