What do you think about my whitehouse.gov petition?

abysmul

Board Game Hobbyist
Jun 17, 2008
Almost Heaven
✟60,490.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Good luck with that. I for one don't want to edge towards a theocracy, and I don't know how well this would go over: Ye shall keep my statutes. Thou shalt not let thy cattle gender with a diverse kind: thou shalt not sow thy field with mingled seed: neither shall a garment mingled of linen and woollen come upon thee.

Upvote 0

Michael Sisler

Mar 8, 2017
rocklin, ca
✟15,433.00
Faith
Traditional. Cath.
Marital Status
Single
Exactly these statues that you state above can be converted with updated nouns and verbs. So that they apply to this day and age, these precepts control the background of the spiritual world, as natural law. Above this natural law is what we see and sense with our eyes. Similar to how the source code is the background of a program or webpage, then what you see is the user interface. These natural laws (with updated nouns and verbs) are the background of society and what we see is above it.
Please consider signing it, we wouldn't be edging towards a theocracy because it is willing for compromise, and certain concepts like freedom of speech will be protected. We wouldn't stone people to death or say that women are unclean one week a month because of their menstruation lol this would be ridiculous. Many of these statues are just little specific things that can really help the background and source code of society.

Upvote 0

abysmul

Board Game Hobbyist
Jun 17, 2008
Almost Heaven
✟60,490.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
We wouldn't stone people to death or say that women are unclean one week a month because of their menstruation lol this would be ridiculous.

We who? Who is to determine this? The petition doesn't spell any of that out. How is someone reading the petition to know what laws you are talking about?

Upvote 0

dysert

Feb 29, 2012
USA
✟112,984.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Your example on the petition says, "you should put on a garment woven with two different kinds of thread". I presume you intended to quote Deut. 22:11 or one of the similar verses. I think you forgot the word *not* though. Those verses say you should NOT put on a garment woven with two different kinds of threads. Oops.

Regardless, how do you think putting something like this into law is going to improve national security?

(I didn't sign it.)

• Agree
Reactions: abysmul
Upvote 0

Zatek

Mar 5, 2015
✟26,958.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
i too am confused about what this petition is seeking to achieve...
It's called trolling.

I personally enjoy a good troll. Trolling liberal SJW snowflakes is hilarious. That said, if you're trolling in place of making a compelling logical argument you're just a loser. He's trying to troll us by "proving" the Bible is obviously wrong because we don't follow all the laws in Leviticus because he's not even intelligent enough to understand the difference between laws and morals. The morals in the Bible never change any apply to call followers of God at any time in history, however the laws in Leviticus were given specifically to Israel and don't apply to anyone else.

Reactions: redleghunter
Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian