Status
Not open for further replies.

Serapha

Jun 29, 2003
✟6,704.00
Faith
Non-Denom
givenright said:
Also you never told me your testomy.I would like to hear about that too.

:confused: :confused:

Gladly....

I am a redeemed, born-again, Bible-thumping, fundamentalist Baptist.

I wasn't born that way, but reborn to newness of life, a new creation in and through my belief that Jesus Christ has redeemed all my sins.

Or do you want the long version? Or, do you want to know about my interest in mormonism???

~malaka~

Upvote 0
You are teaching me so much aBout the mormon church and I am very glad that you have told me your wisdom, My son recently went to his fathers and before he did I said let me check your backpack and see what was in it, the first thing I saw was a Bible, I said What is this to my son, He said it is a Bible mom, I said I know that but, why is it in your backpack? He said Dad is a Mormon and they do not believe in the Bible like we do is I am going to tell him about this bible, and I laughed and said Dad has a bible but, he also has a Book Of Mormon, that is his beliefs and you can not change them, he looked up at me and said I might can not change his beliefs but, I sure have this Bible, I reloaded it in his backpack. My son can not read well and is young, but, just by holding that bible he has wisdom and strength, I saw in him.I waNt to learn as much as I can about the Mormons for my children.I have been Baptisted in the Baptist church when I was five years old, the I was re baptisted as a adult. My children were going to be baptisted in the Mormon church yet, that did not happend.
I want to know why there is not a pastor of the church? and why they are not allowed to take communion if they feel they are not worthy?
Thank you for all that you are teaching me, It is for not only me it is for everyone that reads these post and for my family. :angel:

Still keeping my lipton:)
:clap:

JENNIFER
ADOPTION SEARCH AND REUNION
http://givenright.tripod.com

Upvote 0

Serapha

Jun 29, 2003
✟6,704.00
Faith
Non-Denom
givenright said:
I want to know why there is not a pastor of the church? and why they are not allowed to take communion if they feel they are not worthy?
Thank you for all that you are teaching me, It is for not only me it is for everyone that reads these post and for my family. :angel:

Still keeping my lipton:)
:clap:

JENNIFER

Hi Jennifer
:wave:

Well.. there isn't a "church"... there is a ward....

And someone presides over the ward. (from the mormon handbook)

"The bishop holds the priesthood keys to preside over a ward and direct the work of the Church in the ward. He and his counselors minister to ward members in love, helping "bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man" (Moses 1:39).
The bishop has five principal responsibilities in presiding over a ward:
1. He is president of the Aaronic Priesthood.
2. He is the presiding high priest.
3. He is a common judge.
4. He administers the Church welfare program.
5. He oversees finances, records, and the use and security of the meetinghouse.

First of all communion is "bread and water" and products of the harvest of Israel. In Israel, there were basically two harvests, the harvest of the wheat and the harvest of the grape products. It was not "coincidence" that the sacrament of the Lord's Supper was from the two products best known in Israel.

However, the restored church has communion with bread and water, and anytime I have seen the communion bread, it has been leavened bread, whereas the Last Supper that the Lord served to His disciples was unleavened bread from the passover feast. Now... while mormonism teaches that their church is restored and the true church. of Christ ... the passover meal comes directly out of the Old Testament teachings.

You do understand that while answering your questions, that mormonism and the restored church are not biblically based.

The basis of mormonism is the book of mormon, the D&C, and the pearl of great price... but, unlike the Bible, there are no archaeolgocial supports for the book of mormon... none. But that would be a totally different discussion.

~malaka~

Upvote 0
I will be your dream, your wish, your fanasy, your strength, your light, I will tell you what you can believe, I will tell you how to share your life with your mate, I will make you feel bad if you are not worthy, I will make you not love anyone but me when you are on your mission, I will make you not share with anyone about you wedding in the temple, I will make your children not sing any other christian songs except for mine, I will make you not drink what you want to drink, I will trick you trap you and make you wonder who you are.I will teach you my twisted ways, I will make you think people of color are marked from a devil, I will tell you you are not worthy if you marry a non mormon, I will make you wear my armor under your clothing, I will teach you to have many children you can not afford all in the name of me. I will make you believe a man had no education that made my book, I will tell you I am perfect, instead of God being perfect. When you die I will make you wear my clothing to bless you and protect you.(what from the ants)
Guess who I am- :cool:
I undrstand what has been said and knowledge means the so much to me. :( :rolleyes:
still keeping my Lipton
Jennifer

Upvote 0

Peter

Veteran
Aug 19, 2003
Southern US
Visit site
✟2,154.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
This is an intersting list from the third post on this subject. It is a partial list that "defines" a cult. Hmmmmmm

1. requiring members to drop family connections "For I have come to set a man against his father, a daughter against her mother..." Matthew 10:35
2. religious regimen forcibly imposed or excommunication leads to you being the target of number 1. "The wages of sin is death." Romans 6:23
3. rights of individuals not respected "Or do you not know that...you are not your own?" I Cor. 6:19
4. conformist-thinking is made to be more important than free-thinking; and in some cults, free-thinking is looked down upon as blasphemy. "Let this mind be in you that was also in Christ Jesus.." Phil. 2:5

Upvote 0

JesusServant

do not stray too far left nor right but CENTER
Dec 5, 2002
✟19,768.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Peter said:
This is an intersting list from the third post on this subject. It is a partial list that "defines" a cult. Hmmmmmm

1. requiring members to drop family connections "For I have come to set a man against his father, a daughter against her mother..." Matthew 10:35
2. religious regimen forcibly imposed or excommunication leads to you being the target of number 1. "The wages of sin is death." Romans 6:23
3. rights of individuals not respected "Or do you not know that...you are not your own?" I Cor. 6:19
4. conformist-thinking is made to be more important than free-thinking; and in some cults, free-thinking is looked down upon as blasphemy. "Let this mind be in you that was also in Christ Jesus.." Phil. 2:5

You are taking Scripture out of context here. First of all when Christ said he comes to set a man against his father, etc. He is referring to what His teaching would do in a household that satan had a hold of. The father may live worldly and his son convert to Christianity which would pit them against one another spiritually even though they would not be enemies persay.

Also on number four I think you're missing the point. Cults usually have a charismatic leader that you are told to listen to no matter what. Even when they don't line up with Scripture (Waco is a good example of this). Of course we are to have the mind of Christ but if a cult leader is trying to convince (and they do) his followers that THEY have the mind of Christ and all the answers and they tell people to "lean not to their own understanding" and just follow what they say, that is VERY dangerous.

Upvote 0

Godisgood

A Whosoever
Aug 19, 2003
✟15,467.00
Faith
Christian
The evidence against Mormonism is overwhelming. I researched recently when some missionaries knocked on my door. Thomas Murphy, lds anthropologist, set out to prove that DNA would back up the validity of the BOM. His results did just the opposite. There are older LDS documents that most LDS' are not aware of. If you truly would like to know why, call someone at Watchman Fellowship at watchman dot org. They can, in a humble way, show you evidence that refutes Mormonism. Most of all they will show you how the Bible compares with the teaching of Mormonism. Ask them and they will show you strictly from Biblical Scripture what God's word says. They will show you and it is up to the Holy Ghost to reveal truth to you. If they are making you uncomfortable, tell them. They are some of the most loving people I've met. I can promise you that they do what they do because they know just how much God loves you. He made a radical change in their lives which compels them to share that change with you.

Upvote 0
I believe there is no way to change the mind of a MORMON person, I do not want to sound badly, but, Mormons have the right to believe in what that want to. I have seen some loving caring people that are Mormons, I might not believe that the church is true, yet, I do respect the fact that they have gone unto the world and told what they believe in, some of us do not do that, that are of the christian faith.I have seen some beutiful things come out of the Mormon church, yet some very ugly things too, a cult, well, Is a strong word to call a church many do not know the facts about, mislead yes, that might be the word I use. If you are not thought what someone else is thought then it is up to you to study and learn about different things, I am not saying become what you study but, be educated so you can make the right desicion.

Still Kepig my Lipton
Jennifer
:clap: :prayer:

Upvote 0

lared

May 27, 2002
Visit site
✟1,291.00
The Mormon religion reminds me of the Catholic faith. Both are part of this world when Jesus said that his followers would be no part of this world.

Both sets of people are nationalistic, involve themselves in politics, and their young men are in the armies of the world.

Jesus said that his kingdom is no part of this world. He did not take up kingship in Jerusalem nor did he encourage his followers to fight against the yoke of Rome. Can you imagine Jesus in a GI Joe uniform? Which country would he fight for?

True Christians are not nationalistic or patriotic of any earthly country. They only advocate God's kingdom as the only means for true peace and security. And they certainly don't don army uniforms and wave flags.

WWJD

Upvote 0
Some religions believe in different things that do not hold up in the Bible,Let's be reminded it says Do not take away or ad to the Bible, Let's not get to far from the title of our post, Why do pll think Mormons are a cult? I have tried to help people out along with my friend Malaka show you some beliefs that the Mormon people have. There are many Books out there that are in the christian book store about Mormons, all I can say, is they are all not true, some have made of somethings to make the Mormons look worse in others eyes, Some are very true. Lets face it everyone wants to live with the people they love forever
everyone wants to believe that people that sin a little can go to a heaven, lets not forget sin little or big is a sin.

:prayer:
Still keeping by Lipton
Jennifer
Feel free to add your liNK.. http://givenright.tripod.com

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Godisgood

A Whosoever
Aug 19, 2003
✟15,467.00
Faith
Christian
Hi USSJ4vegetto45.
Here is a board you may be interested in participating in: http://pub26.ezboard.com/fpacumenispagesfrm64

If you register, let me know when you get there. I am ********on that forum. I enjoy discussing religious matters with the people there. Most are LDS, a few ex-Mormon's, some who have left the church and become athiest or agnostic, evangelicals.
The reason I started posting there is that I wanted to learn how to best share my faith with LDS'. God has given me a compassion and Christ-like love for LDS.

Hope you register and join us on ZLMB,
Godisgood

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.