Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I hate to buy a vehicle with over 100,000 miles if it's a Ford,chevy, Dodge vehicle. This day in time I can't find a cheap in price vehicle with less then 100,000 miles any more. Now if I buy a vehicle it will be Nissan or Honda or Toyota because they have good history of being very reliability. My local Toyota dealer has a picture of a Toyota pick-up with a million miles on it and never had a engine replacement. I have a friend that had a Toyota 4x4 pick-up with automatic trans and one day he came by to visit and when he tried to leave my house he couldn't get it to back-up so he checked the trans oil and found out it was almost dry and we put 3 quarts of trans oil and it went another 100,000 miles before it needed another trans.

Rawtheran

Lightmaker For Christ
Jan 3, 2014
Ohio
✟46,459.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I hate to buy a vehicle with over 100,000 miles if it's a Ford,chevy, Dodge vehicle. This day in time I can't find a cheap in price vehicle with less then 100,000 miles any more. Now if I buy a vehicle it will be Nissan or Honda or Toyota because they have good history of being very reliability. My local Toyota dealer has a picture of a Toyota pick-up with a million miles on it and never had a engine replacement. I have a friend that had a Toyota 4x4 pick-up with automatic trans and one day he came by to visit and when he tried to leave my house he couldn't get it to back-up so he checked the trans oil and found out it was almost dry and we put 3 quarts of trans oil and it went another 100,000 miles before it needed another trans.
I've driven a 1999 Toyota Honda since I was 17 and I'm 24 now. That thing has been with me through High School, College, and many other things

Upvote 0

Johnboy60

Looking For Interesting News.
Dec 28, 2003
Tennessee
✟306,929.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I have family that would never buy anything other then a Toyota or Honda and they have over 500,000 miles. I have a 2014 Nissan NV200 Van that runs like sewing machine so far.

Upvote 0

Joey Arnold

Oatmeal Joey Arnold - Joeyarnoldvn
Jan 8, 2020
Shelton
Visit site
✟15,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I have family that would never buy anything other then a Toyota or Honda and they have over 500,000 miles. I have a 2014 Nissan NV200 Van that runs like sewing machine so far.

Yes, a Toyota is generally a good idea.

• Informative
Reactions: Johnboy60
Upvote 0

Heavenhome

Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2017
Newstead.Australia
✟407,525.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
My car is a Toyota hatch 1993 model, when I bought it even though it was 17 years old, had only done 70,000 kms, it was like new.

It is a fantastically reliable car, it is the first car I have had with power steering and air-conditioning. A luxury !!
Toyotas are very reliable and the parts if needed are reasonably priced.
Its still excellent and I would really recommend Toyota.
(When I was thinking of buying another car I asked an independent mechanic what he would recommend for my needs, which was a reliable, non expensive car and he recommended my Corolla).
Best ever advice!:)

• Informative
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I hate to buy a vehicle with over 100,000 miles if it's a Ford,chevy, Dodge vehicle.

You should avoid these:

• Plymouth
  • Pontiac
  • Mercury
  • Oldsmobile
  • Hummer
  • Saturn
  • AMC
  • Geo

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,238,368.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
You should avoid these:

• Plymouth
  • Pontiac
  • Mercury
  • Oldsmobile
  • Hummer
  • Saturn
  • AMC
  • Geo
Saturn had a great run but as after 2002 not so much. I could get 350,000+ out of earlier Saturns. I had four of 'em. They were great. When my last one was retired I got a Prius. A used one from a dealer. Not a bad car but we'll see how it is in the long run.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Saturn had a great run but as after 2002 not so much. I could get 350,000+ out of earlier Saturns. I had four of 'em. They were great. When my last one was retired I got a Prius. A used one from a dealer. Not a bad car but we'll see how it is in the long run.

Prius is the most dependable car made. Likely by the way it was driven, like Saturn's are.....not so fast.

• Informative
Upvote 0

Johnboy60

Looking For Interesting News.
Dec 28, 2003
Tennessee
✟306,929.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I have a friend that bought a new Dodge carvan 6 years ago for 30,000 dollars and now has 50,000 miles on it and has major engine problems. He use to tell me that vehicle's like mine are junk because they are made in Japan. He and his wife is retired and they don't put much miles on a vehicle.

Upvote 0

public hermit

social troglodyte
Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟840,614.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I will buy trucks used. They are generally more reliable as they are built to be. I will buy one at around a 100,000 miles, from a single owner who has recorded a constant maintenance history. I like to take it home and look it over. All the trucks I have bought in this fashion have served me well. I won't say I've had no problems. You're going to have some things to fix along the way. But as long as the drive-train and engine are in good working order, I can't ask for much more than that from a used truck.

Upvote 0