• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

What Covid?

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Yesterday they interviewed a prominent person from Florida who owned a business. It showed the business with all employees not wearing masks.
He was questioned as to why he and they were not wearing masks. The guy said he won't and never will because covid is not real. It is not true. He said he never wears one and is a busy person around a lot of people and he is as healthy as a horse.
What's that about? There are many that believe this. They must believe in a conspiracy but what and if there is why and who is doing it?
I just don't get it
Do you?
Today a talk show said that unfortunately people that believe this way will have to be hit personally with it.
Scoreline: Australia zero deaths from COVID. Same period USA: 20,000 deaths from COVID. Still, never let facts get in the way of a conspiracy theory.

Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟353,405.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Are we loving our neighbor if we aren’t wearing a mask?
I don't wear a mask when I go outside as the nearest neighbor is 20 feet away but I do get alarmed when they come to my house without a mask.

Upvote 0

TenthAveN

Puppies are an acceptable form of currency.
Jun 18, 2020
North Texas
✟49,506.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I don't wear a mask when I go outside as the nearest neighbor is 20 feet away but I do get alarmed when they come to my house without t mask.
I believe that is ok, but if we’re out in public and people are frightened, that is not ok.

Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟353,405.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Scoreline: Australia zero deaths from COVID. Same period USA: 20,000 deaths from COVID. Still, never let facts get in the way of a conspiracy theory.
I agree with that but not what you just said about yours being zero and ours being 20000.
keep it factual please unless your figures are before jan of 2020

Upvote 0

TenthAveN

Jun 18, 2020
North Texas
✟49,506.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I agree with that but not what you just said about yours being zero and ours being 20000.
keep it factual please unless your figures are before jan of 2020
I think he means in a certain frame of time, not overall.

Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yesterday they interviewed a prominent person from Florida who owned a business. It showed the business with all employees not wearing masks.
He was questioned as to why he and they were not wearing masks. The guy said he won't and never will because covid is not real. It is not true. He said he never wears one and is a busy person around a lot of people and he is as healthy as a horse.
What's that about? There are many that believe this. They must believe in a conspiracy but what and if there is why and who is doing it?
I just don't get it
Do you?
Today a talk show said that unfortunately people that believe this way will have to be hit personally with it.
My friend who works at the hospital says there are a lot of people lately who test positive for COVID and still deny its existence. It’s a big problem because they can become agitated and refuse to follow the rules, won’t wear a mask, etc.

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
piOZQ4L.png
Except many survivors suffer after effects for months after recovering. People choose to be Indy drivers and have amazingly good protection should an accident happen. Not so with those who choose to ignore the statistics. If all we looked at was statistics, we'd be driving 1950's style cars still. Death by car crash is statistically negligible. Unless its your family member killed by the drunk or drugged up driver.

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
I think he means in a certain frame of time, not overall.
That's what "same period" means. To be exact,
"Chief Medical Officer Paul Kelly said only nine people remained in hospital with COVID-19 and none in intensive care.

"We haven't seen a death in Australia from COVID for some months," he said, adding that Australia was in a very different situation to many countries across the world, including the United States which had more than 20,000 deaths in the week to 3 February."

Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟353,405.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Though I did go into 7-Eleven today even though I was exposed to Covid by a member of my household, so that was not very loving of me.
Agree, but we don't always think. Some people came to my door selling something and it wasn't til they left that I realized they weren't wearing masks and then I got mad. But I wasn't thinking or I would have caught it. We just can't be on guard 24/7

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
I agree with that but not what you just said about yours

'Chief Medical Officer Paul Kelly said only nine people remained in hospital with COVID-19 and none in intensive care.

"We haven't seen a death in Australia from COVID for some months," he said, adding that Australia was in a very different situation to many countries across the world, including the United States which had more than 20,000 deaths in the week to 3 February."'

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ceallaigh

May God be with you and bless you.
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟607,443.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Except many survivors suffer after effects for months after recovering. People choose to be Indy drivers and have amazingly good protection should an accident happen. Not so with those who choose to ignore the statistics. If all we looked at was statistics, we'd be driving 1950's style cars still. Death by car crash is statistically negligible. Unless its your family member killed by the drunk or drugged up driver.

What percentage of that 99.6% suffer after effects for months after recovering? And what kind of condition were they in to begin with?

Upvote 0

TenthAveN

Jun 18, 2020
North Texas
✟49,506.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Agree, but we don't always think. Some people came to my door selling something and it wasn't til they left that I realized they weren't wearing masks and then I got mad. But I wasn't thinking or I would have caught it. We just can't be on guard 24/7
Oh I was thinking, but there wasn’t an atm open and I was looking to get some cash back, as I rarely have cash on me. My sister tested positive on Sunday, and I haven’t exhibited any symptoms yet, and I was wearing a mask so I figured it would be okay. Still shouldn’t have done it though.

Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I'm being purposely skeptical here. There are excess people in ICU and in the ER, but how many really need to be in ICU and in the ER? I've been under the impression that people are being put in ICU as more of a precaution than a necessity. Not all of course, but a certain percentage.

As for the graph, I have to wonder how many were already close to dying from disease and old age etc. The one person I knew in real life who died of covid, had already been intubated a couple of times prior to covid. He was already practically in hospice care.

Ive got some bad news for you. I took a photo since it’s behind a paywall

32D14775-DB66-4C4F-A5FC-6E3566623E2C.jpeg

Attachments

• 129598C2-AA64-40C3-8E81-116861547AC1.jpeg
    129598C2-AA64-40C3-8E81-116861547AC1.jpeg
    314.7 KB · Views: 5
Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟353,405.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
People don't take it seriously unless it happens to them or people they know
. It's easy for them to deny it when no one they know got it or the people they know who did get it didn't have to much difficulty getting over it .

My sister and nephews joked about it till they got it. Now they take it serious because they are still getting over it .
My neighbor was one of those , it's not that serious. His wife passed two weeks ago and he passed yesterday. Him and his wife weren't on death's door. It effects everyone differently and you don't know how your body going to react to it.
I am sorry!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
That's what "same period" means. To be exact,
"Chief Medical Officer Paul Kelly said only nine people remained in hospital with COVID-19 and none in intensive care.

"We haven't seen a death in Australia from COVID for some months," he said, adding that Australia was in a very different situation to many countries across the world, including the United States which had more than 20,000 deaths in the week to 3 February."
Our authorities took the medical advice onboard and acted upon it. Many other countries did not take the medical advice and they paid the ultimate price. They were told exactly what our government was told.

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟607,443.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Ive got some bad news for you. I took a photo since it’s behind a paywall

View attachment 294490

Personally I'd like to see the numbers from a .gov site rather than what's behind a paywall. I'll have to try digging that up.

Not that it matters. Whatever I think about it, isn't going to change the situation any. And no matter what I think about it, I'll follow the rules and guidelines. I fasten my seatbelt even though I'm not expecting to get into an accident.

Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
piOZQ4L.png

I'm not good at math. What percentage is 26 million out of 7.8 billion?
about 0.33%

That is assuming a billion means 1000 million (British).

The US uses a different definition of a billion, i.e., 100 million.

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟607,443.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
about 0.33%

That is assuming a billion means 1000 million (British).

The US uses a different definition of a billion, i.e., 100 million.

It's 1000 million in the US.

Upvote 0