• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

What Covid?

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟352,946.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Yesterday they interviewed a prominent person from Florida who owned a business. It showed the business with all employees not wearing masks.
He was questioned as to why he and they were not wearing masks. The guy said he won't and never will because covid is not real. It is not true. He said he never wears one and is a busy person around a lot of people and he is as healthy as a horse.
What's that about? There are many that believe this. They must believe in a conspiracy but what and if there is why and who is doing it?
I just don't get it
Do you?
Today a talk show said that unfortunately people that believe this way will have to be hit personally with it.

Sophrosyne

Let Your Light Shine.. Matt 5:16
Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟903,022.00
Faith
Christian
Many who get infected with Covid never get symptoms and have antibodies now, I know many people who are out and about all sorts of people without masks till they were forced upon everyone that have not had any symptoms of Covid at all. It is possible that everyone at that business got it back way early before the news hit as I've heard of a few stories of people around here that got sick in January, sicker than usual with symptoms of it and have recovered and thought it was just a strong flu.

Upvote 0

Bryan german

Feb 4, 2021
Wilmington
✟7,711.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes i can answer brother.. although i see not much of the church knows this truth . Here goes
In "Matthews 15:10-20
10 And he called the multitude, and said unto them, Hear, and understand:
11 Not that which goeth into the mouth defileth a man; but that which cometh out of the mouth, this defileth a man.
12 Then came his disciples, and said unto him, Knowest thou that the Pharisees were offended, after they heard this saying?
13 But he answered and said, Every plant, which my heavenly Father hath not planted, shall be rooted up.
14 Let them alone: they be blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch.
15 Then answered Peter and said unto him, Declare unto us this parable.
16 And Jesus said, Are ye also yet without understanding?
17 Do not ye yet understand, that whatsoever entereth in at the mouth goeth into the belly, and is cast out into the draught?
18 But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man.
19 For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies:
20 These are the things which defile a man: but to eat with unwashen hands defileth not a man."

So from this brother we see that its what comes out of your heart defiles you.. Not with washing your hands or with germs like the world teaches; what connect to this is that sin is brings to death.. mm i can also find you the connection between sin and sickness.. but to summarize where is when the blind man comes in and the disciples ask what sin did he or his parents commit.. and God jesus says never did this man sin but is blind so that the works of God can be manifested through him... but never denies or says he is wrong to say that that man can be sick because of sin.. among other examples i can find.. Again sin defiles you and not germs or virus like we are taught .. we believe and God and this is wat the bible teaches.. Using a mask is something we do because the bible says to go with the ordinance of men for the sake of god nd in the book of james it saiys to remain unspotted from the world; so causing a commotion isnt beneficial i think ;just saying

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

May God be with you and bless you.
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟607,104.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
A lot of people think it's not real because they don't know anyone who caught it. Or if they did catch it, the symptoms were mild. That's been my personal experience as well. There was one old friend I followed of FB who died from it, but he was in an extremely a poor state of health. There are people in my church, which consists of older people, who need prayer for cancer and other problems, but not covid.

It's hard to tell how much of it is real and how much of it is conflated for the sake of profit and politics. There's daily news about it, which is pretty much just the same stuff day after day.

Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟352,946.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Many who get infected with Covid never get symptoms and have antibodies now, I know many people who are out and about all sorts of people without masks till they were forced upon everyone that have not had any symptoms of Covid at all. It is possible that everyone at that business got it back way early before the news hit as I've heard of a few stories of people around here that got sick in January, sicker than usual with symptoms of it and have recovered and thought it was just a strong flu.
But there is death all around them how can they deny that it exists? Those who say there is none usually imply that it is a conspiracy, that we are falling for and there isn't anything that is killing the people or that people have died.

Upvote 0

SigurdReginson

Aug 4, 2020
PNW
✟45,517.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
You know... It's just irrisponsible. I work on the covid floor in my hospital (the intensive care unit), and I get to see people struggle against the illness every time I work that floor.

Like... Why? Do people not care about getting others sick? THAT'S why we wear masks and take precautions; not for ourselves, but for others.

Behavior like this is just selfish. It's gross.

Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟352,946.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
A lot of people think it's not real because they don't know anyone who caught it. Or if they did catch it, the symptoms were mild. That's been my personal experience as well. There was one old friend I followed of FB who died from it, but he was in an extremely a poor state of health. There are people in my church, which consists of older people, who need prayer for cancer and other problems, but not covid.

It's hard to tell how much of it is real and how much of it is conflated for the sake of profit and politics. There's daily news about it, which is pretty much just the same stuff day after day.
Except that the death toll keeps going up and out of hand.
They said that there were more deaths in Jan from covid. then the whole season of it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟607,104.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
But there is death all around them how can they deny that it exists? Those who say there is none usually imply that it is a conspiracy, that we are falling for and there isn't anything that is killing the people or that people have died.

It's more like perceiving that not that many more people are dying than normally die anyways. That many who were already dying from a terminal disease (including old age) technically died of covid.

Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟352,946.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
It's more like perceiving that not that many more people are dying than normally die anyways. That many who were already dying from a terminal disease (including old age) technically died of covid.
In all my life there have never been hospitals full up and morgues on wheels in the parking lot. I can't say this is normal loss.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟607,104.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Except that the death toll keeps going up and out of hand.
They said that there were more deaths in Jan. then the whole season of it.

That's what they said. But did that many more people die this Jan than in past Januarys?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ceallaigh

Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟607,104.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
In all my life there have never been hospital full up and morgues on wheels in the parking lot. I can't say this is normal loss.

I haven't seen anything like that happening. I've just heard reports.

Upvote 0

coffee4u

Dec 11, 2018
Australia
✟157,841.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The guy said he won't and never will because covid is not real.

There is also a bunch of people who say that Australia isn't real.
I don't get that either.
I even saw a video where a nurse said there are people diagnosed with Covid who still deny it is Covid.¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Upvote 0

SigurdReginson

Aug 4, 2020
PNW
✟45,517.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
That's what they said. But did that many more people die this Jan than in past Januarys?

In the hospital I work at, every single room in the ICU is full of covid patients, and we get dozens of patients rushed to our ER who need covid precautions because they are suspected covid positive(and 90% of the time are confirmed). Maybe you don't live in a high population density area, but I do.

As for deaths, the stats are there. You only have but to look at them.

0108_FIG2.png

CDC Library: COVID-19 Science Update: 01/08/2021

The red is influenza, the blue is covid. Keep in mind, this data is going to change once the european variant takes hold... Not sure how it will effect lower population areas, but larger population areas like mine will be hit hard. So far the deaths from this thing equate to more than 150 nine elevens; that's just in this country. That's not small.

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟607,104.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
There is also a bunch of people who say that Australia isn't real.
I don't get that either.
I even saw a video where a nurse said there are people diagnosed with Covid who still deny it is Covid.¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Have you ever seen this so called Australia with your own eyes?

Oh wait... never mind.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ceallaigh

Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟607,104.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
In the hospital I work at, every single room in the ICU is full of covid patients, and we get dozens of patients rushed to our ER who need covid precautions because they are suspected covid positive(and 90% of the time are confirmed). Maybe you don't live in a high population density area, but I do.

As for deaths, the stats are there. You only have but to look at them.

0108_FIG2.png

CDC Library: COVID-19 Science Update: 01/08/2021

The red is influenza, the blue is covid. Keep in mind, this data is going to change once the european variant takes hold... Not sure how it will effect lower population areas, but larger population areas like mine will be hit hard. So far the deaths from this thing equate to more than 150 nine elevens; that's just in this country. That's not small.

I'm being purposely skeptical here. There are excess people in ICU and in the ER, but how many really need to be in ICU and in the ER? I've been under the impression that people are being put in ICU as more of a precaution than a necessity. Not all of course, but a certain percentage.

As for the graph, I have to wonder how many were already close to dying from disease and old age etc. The one person I knew in real life who died of covid, had already been intubated a couple of times prior to covid. He was already practically in hospice care.

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟607,104.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Those that believe it is a conspiracy need to tell me who is behind it and what they gain by perpetrating the conspiracy.

Not so much a conspiracy as an exploit. Like the old saying goes, follow the money. And covid has certainly been exploited politically. Like covid was all Trump's fault. I wasn't a Trump fan, but please.

Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟352,946.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
For you they need to do stats for all other deaths and then for covid deaths for a year:)

Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟352,946.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Not so much a conspiracy as an exploit. Like the old saying goes, follow the money. And covid has certainly been exploited politically. Like covid was all Trump's fault. I wasn't a Trump fan, but please.
who and how are they making any money?

Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟352,946.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
So right here we have skeptics. What has caused you to be non believers when it is all around you. What do you gain by denying it?
What money is made and by who and for what reason besides money do they want to fool the whole world. And biggest of all is THE WHOLE WORLD IS IN ON IT, boggles my mind.:scratch::scratch::waaah:? Maybe for your own peace of mind you just can't accept it. I can sort of understand that.

Reactions: Ceallaigh
Upvote 0