Serving4Christ

Humble Servant
Jan 28, 2003
Colorado Springs
Visit site
✟564.00
Faith
Christian
So many ideas circulate about friendship, I thought I'd get a handle on what others consider friendship. Part 2) What qualitites do you look for in your very best friend?

Personally, I consider myself a very open person and accept a person as a friend right off the bat, and sometimes even without meeting him/her.

Conversations I've had with others indicate otherwise...

Post away!

Serving4Christ

Humble Servant
Jan 28, 2003
Colorado Springs
Visit site
✟564.00
Faith
Christian
JPPT1974 said:
Being honest & open as well as having a sweet and kind personality. As well as take others into consideration and putting others first about yourselves. I mean, way, way above yourselves.

Thanks for responding. Are those your prerequisites to being a friend? And if so, how do you evaluate that in context of friendship?

Upvote 0

SparkyMaddie

Luceat Lux Vestra
Feb 17, 2005
St Louis
✟150,656.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Humour is number uno.they have to be funny and laugh with me,even about stuff thats rough. Listeners..someone that listens without their input right away like I listen to them. Positive attitude without being high on themselves also..Being Huggy:hug: Being ok with all religions and races is something I look for in a friend...they can say they're not these things but I can usually tell when they meet all my other mates;) I could go on but my post is long..tay..bye

Upvote 0

JPPT1974

May 2024 Spring Fever!
Mar 18, 2004
Small Town, USA
✟569,989.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Serving4Christ said:
Thanks for responding. Are those your prerequisites to being a friend? And if so, how do you evaluate that in context of friendship?

Just finding the right friend that the Lord will want in mind for me as He does you. And to also be the right kind of friend as Christ wants you to be!!

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
somebody who's got the audacity to believe in ya' and reminds ya' to believe in yerself when ya ferget to...

mutual valuing of each other's idiosyncrasies
a big dollop of humor and then some
transparency
being real
growing together

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SeekAnd

HIS STRENGTH IS MADE PERFECT IN MY WEAKNESS!
Apr 14, 2005
The State of Confusion
✟5,075.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Your real friends know how ________ you are and still keep coming back.
DailyBlessings said:
Friends are the family that we choose ourselves.

DB^^^ made an important point. When you are on your own you get to be a little more cautious about who your friends are. You have more people to choose from than who you grew up with, went to school with or worked with.

You can pick your friends and you can pick your nose but you cant pick your friend's nose! ;)

Upvote 0