Visit site
✟125,343.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
What I said was not intended as abuse. I get rather frustrated with those who don't read the Scriptures in context, so I was simply trying to make the point that the high priest performing Yom Kippur was not dealing with personal sins.

I just wanted to be sure that this point was seen and understood.
What you said and how you said it was personal abuse towards me. I was responding to your writing this:
One more time:

IT HAD ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH PERSONAL SINS!!! NOTHING!!!

Did that sink in?

Upvote 0

Light of the East

I'm Just a Singer in an OCA Choir
Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2013
Fairfax VA
Visit site
✟558,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
What you said and how you said it was personal abuse towards me. I was responding to your writing this:

And as I said....it was not intended as personal abuse. I think you are a tad thin skinned.

Upvote 0

extraordinary

Newbie trainee
Jun 1, 2013
✟16,402.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Show me where the Bible says that you must use the Bible alone for all that you believe.
... just because it was not written down (where did Christ instruct us to make a book of His doings anyway?)
does not mean that it did not exist in the Church as an understanding of proper worship.
There are many Scriptures promising us that the word of God (original manuscripts) is totally trustworthy, etc.
Of course, if the Scriptures are perfectly quoted orally, they qualify as Truth.
And 99.9% of these Scriptures have nothing to do with worship.

Those who obediently really try to follow the commandments will naturally be worshiping properly also.
This, of course, has absolutely nothing to do with those who are merely trusting in
"cheap grace"
, i.e. God's free grace without commitment and co-operation.

We shall see how far this "cheap grace" will get those who hold to this doctrine of Satan ...
when the heavy-duty persecution (even unto death) comes, and later when they are asked to take the mark!
That is to say ... Where will they be in eternity after failing one or both of these heavy-duty tests?

This will do a very nice job indeed of purifying the church, which Jesus will gather together on the last day!
There is absolutely NO way any of the "cheap grace" crowd will be raptured out of here early!
No one will be raptured out of here early ... Book it.

ABSOLUTE INFALLIBLE PROOF from various Scriptures that PRE-TRIB IS A HORRENDOUS FALSE DOCTRINE
... will be posted on Sat. Aug. 16 in the Eschatology - Endtimes & Prophecy Forum ... Don't miss it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Light of the East

I'm Just a Singer in an OCA Choir
Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2013
Fairfax VA
Visit site
✟558,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
In proposing that a person must work to maintain their salvation status is the same as making salvation contingent upon works. Enough said!

Explain then the following statement from Jesus:

John 5: 28 Do not marvel at this, for an hour is coming when all who are in the tombs will hear his voice 29 and come out, those who have done good to the resurrection of life, and those who have done evil to the resurrection of judgment.

All men are resurrected at the same time and all go to the Judgment Seat at the same time. Those who have done good receive eternal life. Why? If they have already received eternal life when they "accepted Jesus" then what's the point of this judgment for them?

Upvote 0

extraordinary

Newbie trainee
Jun 1, 2013
✟16,402.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
All men are resurrected at the same time and all go to the Judgment Seat at the same time.
Those who have done good receive eternal life. Why?
If they have already received eternal life when they "accepted Jesus"
then what's the point of this judgment for them?
Those who have been brainwashed into believing easy grace, grace only, etc.
have been deceived into thinking that "good works" includes
co-operating with God's sanctification unto holiness process.
However, it does not include this!

Being obedient to God's commands, and etc., is NOT doing good works!
Being obedient to God's commands, and etc., is NOT doing good deeds!
But, it is merely our reasonable service (Romans 12:1) and other verses.

Upvote 0
Day of the Lord

Isa 13: Howl ye; for the day of the LORD is at hand; it shall come as a destruction from the Almighty.

Isa 13:9 Behold, the day of the LORD cometh, cruel both with wrath and fierce anger, to lay the land desolate: and he shall destroy the sinners thereof out of it.

Jer 46:10 For this is the day of the Lord GOD of hosts, a day of vengeance, that he may avenge him of his adversaries: and the sword shall devour, and it shall be satiate and made drunk with their blood: for the Lord GOD of hosts hath a sacrifice in the north country by the river Euphrates.

Joel 2:31 The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and the terrible day of the LORD come.

Amos 5:18 Woe unto you that desire the day of the LORD! to what end is it for you? the day of the LORD is darkness, and not light.

Zeph 1:14 The great day of the LORD is near, it is near, and hasteth greatly, even the voice of the day of the LORD: the mighty man shall cry there bitterly.

1 thes 5:1But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you. 2 For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.

why
thes 1:10 And to wait for his Son from heaven, whom he raised from the dead, even Jesus, which delivered us from the wrath to come.
1 thes 5:9 For God hath not appointed us to wrath

extraordinary we have a problem within scripture or one interptation

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ignatius21

Can somebody please pass the incense?
May 21, 2009
Dayton, OH
✟22,008.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
James 2... I see

the 2 examples is a child killer and a prostitute ..... that was their works

:confused:

His point is that they obeyed God. Abraham obeyed to the point of willingness to sacrifice his only son, and promised heir. Rahab hid the spies because she feared the God of Israel.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

EmSw

White Horse Rider
Apr 26, 2014
✟66,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
James 2... I see

the 2 examples is a child killer and a prostitute ..... that was their works

Who was the child killer? I don't read where anyone killed a child.

And it wasn't because of her works of prostitution.

Upvote 0
Who was the child killer? I don't read where anyone killed a child.

And it wasn't because of her works of prostitution.

it how many preacher teach James 2 and now WE must GO OUT AND DO GREAT WORKS OF GOD .... yet they do not look at the examples

John 15:5 ......... for without me{JC} ye can do nothing.

So when we are carnal .... we do nothing
when we are unsaved ... Matt 7:21-23 ... they do nothing

Thus the reason 2 cor 12:9 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me

and

1 cor 1:29 That no flesh should glory in his presence.
1 cor 1:31 That, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.

Upvote 0
C

catholichomeschooler

it how many preacher teach James 2 and now WE must GO OUT AND DO GREAT WORKS OF GOD .... yet they do not look at the examples

John 15:5 ......... for without me{JC} ye can do nothing.

So when we are carnal .... we do nothing
when we are unsaved ... Matt 7:21-23 ... they do nothing

Thus the reason 2 cor 12:9 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me

and

1 cor 1:29 That no flesh should glory in his presence.
1 cor 1:31 That, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.

Do you believe that a man will reap what he sows?

Upvote 0

nobdysfool

The original! Accept no substitutes!
Feb 23, 2003
Home, except when I'm not....
✟21,146.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Seems to be a very elastic definition for works being used by some here...It might be helpful for those who believe that works are required for salvation to define what they mean by works.

Upvote 0