What CCF teachings/teachers are your favorite?

GracetotheHumble

Theology of the Cross
Mar 30, 2015
✟3,726.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Hi, I currently attend Calvary Chapel Boise and Calvary Chapel Caldwell in Idaho. Here is a link to some sermons: http://www.ccboise.org/resources/audio

The thing I like most about Calvary Chapel is that they teach the supremacy of love. That to love God and love our neighbor is the highest calling and that love is greater than any differences in theology that we may have.

Upvote 0

Truthfrees

Site Supporter
May 20, 2015
✟277,188.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Hi, I currently attend Calvary Chapel Boise and Calvary Chapel Caldwell in Idaho. Here is a link to some sermons: http://www.ccboise.org/resources/audio

The thing I like most about Calvary Chapel is that they teach the supremacy of love. That to love God and love our neighbor is the highest calling and that love is greater than any differences in theology that we may have.
Wow!

Awesome!

That teaching alone can change the world!

Upvote 0

CGL1023

citizen of heaven
Jul 8, 2011
Roswell NM
✟75,781.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
This is a point that I disagree with Calvary Chapel on. I don't believe in the whole "left behind" theory.

Would you take a couple of sentences to comment on the "left behind" theory as I have never heard the term? Thanks.

Upvote 0

GracetotheHumble

Theology of the Cross
Mar 30, 2015
✟3,726.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Would you take a couple of sentences to comment on the "left behind" theory as I have never heard the term? Thanks.

Left behind is a series of books and movies that describes a rapture and the people who are left behind. This is the pre-trib rapture theory and is Calvary doctrine.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Left behind is a series of books and movies that describes a rapture and the people who are left behind. This is the pre-trib rapture theory and is Calvary doctrine.
Really? I knew they were pre-trib but I thought they would have followed the Wesleyan/Pentecostal model rather than the Baptist one. (since they came from the Four Square Gospel pentecostal denom)

Upvote 0

Edmond Smith

Jan 5, 2016
United States
✟14,316.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Pentecostal, believes Pre-Trib.

Premillennial second coming of Jesus. First, to resurrect the dead saints and to catch away the living saints to Him in the air.

1 Corinthians 15:52;In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. (should read 15:50 thru 58 for context)
1 Thessalonians 4:15-17...(should read 4:14 through 18 for context)
2 Thessalonians 2:1..(should read 2:1-12 for context)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Pentecostal, believes Pre-Trib.
Indeed, but with some serious differences from the baptist model.

1 - the Holy Spirit is raptured out of the earth along with the believers. That is what stops restraining the antichrist so he can come to the fore. But it also means that no one can be saved PERIOD. And no one can die (or at least not those who WANT to die)

So the whole "Left Behind" idea of christians living in the Tribulation makes no sense to the Pentecostal model. Go watch the movie "A Thief in the Night."

It uses Larry Norman's song "I Wish We'd All Been Ready" in the soundtrack. He attended Smiths original congregation and had the lyric:

"There's no time to change your mind, the Son has come and you've been left behind."

Upvote 0

Edmond Smith

Jan 5, 2016
United States
✟14,316.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution

1 - the Holy Spirit is raptured out of the earth along with the believers. That is what stops restraining the antichrist so he can come to the fore. But it also means that no one can be saved PERIOD. And no one can die (or at least not those who WANT to die)

So the whole "Left Behind" idea of christians living in the Tribulation makes no sense to the Pentecostal model. Go watch the movie "A Thief in the Night."

It uses Larry Norman's song "I Wish We'd All Been Ready" in the soundtrack. He attended Smiths original congregation and had the lyric:

"There's no time to change your mind, the Son has come and you've been left behind."

There will be people who saved during the time of the tribulation. It will be harder to do and harder to accept the Gospel because of the way the people will be fooled, even the elect. Most though will be in Israel, because the tribulation is mainly for them. Everyone will be affected, of course, but it's mainly against Israel, to show them who the Messiah truly is.

The reason I say this is because of the 144, 000 that come out of Israel, they will be pure and they will preach the Gospel to everyone. Now, the bible is silent on whether or not the holy spirit is there to do His convicting work. I believe and I could be wrong of course, that he will be there. Because He is the one that convicts, not the 144,000. Just like today. We go and preach the Gospel, the Holy Spirit draws them to God, through conviction, using the law and grace. Grace to the humble and law to the rebellious.

Also, the Holy Spirit, is just that, a Spirit. He has no human form, He has human attributes though, He grieves, He get's angry, even to the point of taking peoples lives, like he did Ananias and Sephria, for lying to Him. He moans in the Spirit for us when we just can't get out the right words to God. He comforts and educates us. And he brings into remembrance God's Word. Again, I could be wrong about during the trib. But He has no body, so therefore cannot be raptured, physically. Can God remove Him, Yes he can. Does He?, I'm not sure. Have seen no scripture to say he does or doesn't.

I agree that the church is no longer around. And when the church is raptured, then there will be no one to lay down the prayers and to go about doing the work of the Father to keep Satan at bay. Once the church goes, hells gates open and we think it's bad now...it will be worse then.

There will be people martyred during that time, people who have committed themselves to Christ and have spread the gospel with the threat of death lingering upon them. Many will die in His Name, trying to get the message out.
In revelations, these are the saints that are under the throne, they are the ones crying out to God for vengeance against those who slew their brethren who were martyred.

God in his infinite mercy, even at this time will want to see people saved. He will always make a way for salvation.
He did it in the time of Noah, he took His time and while Noah built the ark, Noah was still trying to convince those that didn't believe that there was a way of salvation.
He did it with Sodom and Gomorrah, by giving in to the there being only 10 ppl who served him in the cities.
Every time God came down with his wrath and judgment, He made a way for salvation. I don't' believe He will change that, even during the trib.
He will do this until the final end...Judgment day...after the millennial...On that day, His mercy ends. Unless people die in their sins, before, then His mercy is over for those people at that time.

I don't intend on being here for the trib. I believe I won't be. So that's why I try to spread the Gospel now, prayerfully hoping that the Holy Spirit convicts and brings others to God and they do it. So they won't be left behind.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
There will be people who saved during the time of the tribulation.
That is the baptist model, NOT the Pentecostal and Wesleyan model.

But rather than arguing which model is correct, I was just saying I was surprised the CCF had adopted the Baptist model rather than the one from the pentecostal roots of their genesis.

Upvote 0

random person

1 COR. 10:11; HEB. 1:2; HEB. 9:26,28; 1 PET. 1:20
Dec 10, 2013
Riverside California
✟14,087.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat

What a load of baloney!!!!!

Revelation 6:9-11 & Revelation 20:4!

I am a preterist btw.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

CGL1023

citizen of heaven
Jul 8, 2011
Roswell NM
✟75,781.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
What a load of baloney!!!!!

Revelation 6:9-11 & Revelation 20:4!

I am a preterist btw.

I am taught that the Holy Spirit remains after the rapture of the body of Christ(Church); also that the Church, before the rapture, is the one restraining the anti-Christ. The very fact that people are being saved in the tribulation is a strong argument for the Holy Spirit's presence on earth, during the tribulation.

Rev. 7:4b,13-17
4 And I heard the number of them which were sealed: and there were sealed an hundred and forty and four thousand of all the tribes of the children of Israel.
13 And one of the elders answered, saying unto me, What are these which are arrayed in white robes? and whence came they?

14 And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.

15 Therefore are they before the throne of God, and serve him day and night in his temple: and he that sitteth on the throne shall dwell among them.

16 They shall hunger no more, neither thirst any more; neither shall the sun light on them, nor any heat.

17 For the Lamb which is in the midst of the throne shall feed them, and shall lead them unto living fountains of waters: and God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes.

Rev 20:4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I am taught that the Holy Spirit remains after the rapture of the body of Christ(Church); also that the Church, before the rapture, is the one restraining the anti-Christ. The very fact that people are being saved in the tribulation is a strong argument for the Holy Spirit's presence on earth, during the tribulation.
As I said, that may be the Baptist model (not sure) but it is NOT the model of the Wesleyan Holiness congregations. They believe that no one is saved during the Tribulation - and the 144000 are preachers like Jonah telling everyone of their coming doom.

Actually I do not believe either model any more and lean more toward a post-Trib viewpoint.

Upvote 0

food4thought

Loving truth
Site Supporter
Jul 9, 2002
Watervliet, MI
✟383,729.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
My favorite thing about CCF's is that they teach verse by verse through an entire book, and eventually the entire Bible. There are too many people who do not study the Bible on their own, so this is important for them. It also forces the pastors to teach on difficult subjects, not just their pet passages... it keeps them honest :)

I am pre-trib, pre-millenial, and believe strongly in all the gifts of the Spirit today thanks to my time with Calvary Chapel and listening to their radio stations (CSN).

Upvote 0

Jig

Christ Follower
Oct 3, 2005
Texas
✟15,714.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I like that their pastors are not required to have a seminary degree to become ordained. I value education, and all pastors need to be well educated, but this doesn't always have to come from an expensive 3-year M.Div program.

Upvote 0