What can make us secure in our Salvation...? More sure...?

jax5434

Nov 27, 2007
✟31,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married

What can we base security in our salvation on...?

Comments...?

Peace,

God Bless!
The security of our Salvation can be found in Romans 10:9"King James Bible
That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved"
I wonder if what you're really asking is "how can we feel more secure in our salvation?" That question is much more difficult to answer. For me the answer has been to trust Gods' word more than my feelings. But as J.C. Ryle said some people may never have that absolute certainty of Salvation...but they are saved none the less.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Are you sure you aren't baiting? I'm just waiting for someone to come along and say "ourselves."
What do you mean...?

I don't even know what baiting is, and don't know what you mean by yourselves (ourselves, whatever...), I don't get it, do not comprehend, don't know what you mean?

Could you clarify...?

Upvote 0

mcarmichael

Novice
Sep 8, 2014
✟56,961.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What do you mean...?

I don't even know what baiting is, and don't know what you mean by yourselves (ourselves, whatever...), I don't get it, do not comprehend, don't know what you mean?

Could you clarify...?
Your question is limited in scope by the pre-supposed "to ourselves".
"How can I be sure that I'm saved?"
You're asking for something to refer to other than yourself, incognizant, it seems, that ultimately the question you ask depends upon your own discretion.

Reactions: Neogaia777
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Your question is limited in scope by the pre-supposed "to ourselves".
"How can I be sure that I'm saved?"
You're asking for something to refer to other than yourself, incognizant, it seems, that ultimately the question you ask depends upon your discretion.
Oh, OK...?

God Bless!

Reactions: mcarmichael
Upvote 0

Theadorus

Site Supporter
May 9, 2017
Colorado springs
✟124,517.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The only thing that makes me sure and secure in my salvation is God's promise that if we believe we will have everlasting life. One can quote verses all day long about the promises of God and salvation, but it doesn't mean jack unless you really believe in what the Bible is telling you.

It's one thing knowing what the Bible says, and it's another thing to really believe it.

What we base the security of salvation on is what Jesus did on the cross for us, and nothing else. We need to trust in what he has done, and trust that he truly paid the price for our admission into heaven. Ephesians 1:13-14 is a good verse about our promise of salvation.

Upvote 0

Theadorus

Site Supporter
May 9, 2017
Colorado springs
✟124,517.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It all comes down to trusting in God. That is where our security lies. I trust in his promise to help me in my time of need. I trust in him to be my provider. I trust in him to be my comfort. I trust in him to be my redeemer. I trust in him for my salvation. Without trust in God, there is no way you can ever be sure about your salvation. One who isn't secure in their salvation is either trusting in their own goodness (self righteousness) to get into heaven; or they don't really believe God's word.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ron Gurley

What U See is What U Get!
Site Supporter
Sep 22, 2015
Baton Rouge, LA
Visit site
✟87,895.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Sorry my friend Mr. Lion. You (mistakenly?) invoked a major debate that will never end:

ETERNAL SECURITY of the true believer's SALVATION and SPIRITUAL POSITION in CHRIST (OSAS)
...>VERSUS<....
LOSS of SALVATION BY: not standing firm in the faith, "falling away", "apostasy", growing cold, Hebrews chapters 6 + 10, a theology of "works", sinning after salvation, not keeping the "commandments. etc. etc.

SEE FOR EXAMPLE:

https://www.christianforums.com/threads/losing-salvation.8010090/

https://www.christianforums.com/threads/you-can-lose-your-salvation-through-apostasy.7785433/

Can True born again BELIEVERS lose their spiritual POSITION in Christ?

Can a Christian Lose His Salvation?

Willful Sin after Salvation and Eternal Security

• Agree
Reactions: mcarmichael
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

What can we base security in our salvation on...?

Comments...?

Peace,

God Bless!

We don't base our security on anything.
Just as our salvation is not based on anything we have, are or will do, so our security is in the hands of Jesus.
See
John 10:28-29New International Version (NIV)
28 I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish no one will snatch them out of my hand.
29 My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all, no one can snatch them out of my Father’s hand.

Upvote 0

Ron Gurley

Site Supporter
Sep 22, 2015
Baton Rouge, LA
Visit site
✟87,895.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
RESPONSE TO POST#17:.."Q1"
"our (spiritual) security (~=sanctification?) is (solely) in the hands of Jesus (and/or the permanently indwelling God the Holy Spirit)?..."

A1: I disagree. John 10 refers to the salvation of His "sheep"/believers ONLY!

Man's "free will" must FOLLOW Jesus' example AFTER salvation, guided and comforted by God the Holy Spirit throughout the SANCTIFICATION PROCESS.

John 14:15...Jesus' BIG "IF's"
IF you love Me, you will keep My commandments.(PRECEPTS: LOVE COMMANDED!)

Such as: "FOLLOW" + "OBEY" + "TRUST" + "be in the WILL OF GOD" + "LOVE "one another"" + ETC.!

John 13:35
By this all men will know that you are My disciples, IF you have love for "one another".”

John 14:23...Jesus answered and said to him,
IF anyone loves Me, he will keep My word;
and My Father will love him,
and We will come to him and make Our abode (DWELLING) with him.

John 15:10
IF you keep My commandments, you will abide (DWELL) in My love; just as I have kept My Father’s commandments and abide in His love.

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
RESPONSE TO POST#17:.."Q1"
"our (spiritual) security (~=sanctification?) is (solely) in the hands of Jesus (and/or the permanently indwelling God the Holy Spirit)?..."

A1: I disagree. John 10 refers to the salvation of His "sheep"/believers ONLY!

Man's "free will" must FOLLOW Jesus' example AFTER salvation, guided and comforted by God the Holy Spirit throughout the SANCTIFICATION PROCESS.

John 14:15...Jesus' BIG "IF's"
IF you love Me, you will keep My commandments.(PRECEPTS: LOVE COMMANDED!)

Such as: "FOLLOW" + "OBEY" + "TRUST" + "be in the WILL OF GOD" + "LOVE "one another"" + ETC.!

John 13:35
By this all men will know that you are My disciples, IF you have love for "one another".”

John 14:23...Jesus answered and said to him,
IF anyone loves Me, he will keep My word;
and My Father will love him,
and We will come to him and make Our abode (DWELLING) with him.

John 15:10
IF you keep My commandments, you will abide (DWELL) in My love; just as I have kept My Father’s commandments and abide in His love.
You miss the point. Jeusu is hold on to those who have been given to him. It is he who secures our faith.
The verse you quote are all about us showing our love for Jesus and the reward for doing so. They have nothing to do with being saved.

Upvote 0

Ron Gurley

Site Supporter
Sep 22, 2015
Baton Rouge, LA
Visit site
✟87,895.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
This OP: Has little or nothing to do with how unbelievers become SAVED. (Soteriology)

"...What can make us secure in our Salvation...? More sure...?"

aka

Can a true believer LOSE his salvation...or NOT??

Upvote 0