What can be known about God?

This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Tharseo

Jan 5, 2019
Hong Kong
✟17,155.00
Country
China
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes but we have so much theology that people argue over. It never ends. Is that theology an accurate representation of the bible though?

Unfortunately, there is nothing that can accurately represent the Bible, nor does the Bible fully repreaent God (it only reveals part of God). But does it really matters that much if one does not fully understand God, or even there are some misinterpretations? God does not judge by the doctrine a person believes, but by the life he/she lives anyway.

There are no theology alone, and not even the Bible alone, could produce the true knowledge of God, until you experience the truth of it. Arguing theologies in theories is certainly not part of knowing God, because it cannot never be proved. Everyone, including me, say things that we ourselves think is right, and try to prove our points with theology. How could you ever know which one is correct then? You could not. But actions really speak louder than words. If you experienced the truth of it, you know that it is true.

God is love. It seems that seeking to love is how to know God. Is there a theology for this?

I will try to explain to you, but it is, again, something you cannot prove to be true unless you have experienced the truth of it.

There are something that you know for sure, such as God is love and He wants us to love (yes it is knowledge, but it cannot be wrong). So you practice them in your life. If you do, He will give you the knowledge of how to do it and how to avoid doing it wrong, and more importantly, the knowledge of His love by letting you to experience it. He will always respond to your attempt to love, because God is, well, love and He truly wants us to practice love in reality and not in theory. He might use the Bible, or prayers, or other people saying, or anything to tell you, if you keep an open mind, think carefully with a pure intention to love. By this continuing process of renewal of our mind and knowledge, we come closer and closer to know the love of God.

The same goes for anything about God, such as His righteousness, His holiness etc. You can know these things through the same process of practicing and being renewed by God. Seeking the truth is a lifelong process.

If you want to know how I personally know God, and how my knowledge of God changes, please read the question and answer I wrote in the following post. Again, anything I said cannot be proved, at least to you. But to me it is the truth, as of today (it can change).

How do you love God?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

devin553344

I believe in the Resurrection
Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
God is love. It seems that seeking to love is how to know God. Is there a theology for this?

There are discourses on the fruits of the holy spirit. They are on the internet. But a fruit of the spirit is love: Galatians 5:22-23. Although I would have to say love is a state of being, a fruit of his spirit, which is a thing not a person. So I think to be correct with the trinity, we must say God has love.

Upvote 0