What book are you reading at the moment?

Travelers.Soul

Traveler; Dreamer; Warrior; Coffee lover
Aug 15, 2010
Land of the Horse
✟132,318.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Thats a big undertaking travelers.soul.

How many pages? I think thats the longest book or story I ever read. Although count of monte christo and Gone With the Wind comes close.
Remembrance of things past was also a long one but it was split up into series.

It is a large book, around 1200 pages, but I think it's worth it and so far it is really interesting. It's a good change from all of the theology I have been reading lately.

Reactions: Goodbook
Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Read fervent by priscilla shirer
Also Now what? By charlotte Gambill.

Also..Your half of the apple God and the single Girl by Gini Andrew. It was written back in the 70s but it had some good nuggets in there.

Havent decided what Im going to tackle next.

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Now reading erma bombeck.

But I should really be reading books for my study. But they dont make me laugh like erma bombeck does.

lee Canter's Assertive discipline - positive behaviour management for today's classroom

Also demands to be read. Even though it was published back in 1992.

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Onto aunt ermas cope book now.
Housewives can be hilarious. But I dont know if Id make a good one. it sounds like too much work for little pay.

I'm thinking a good way to be occupied is sell myself to slavery and work for someone elses family, doing the washing cooking and ironing and housework, and get paid for it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Judy garland other side of the rainbow by michael freedland.

Apparently she survived on pills, blue nun liquor and the adoration of her fans. Interesting note, her early childhood was spent in church she was episcoplian. But her dad was homosexual and apparently was molesting young boys at the theater he owned. She didnt know this till after he died.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

dayhiker

Mature veteran
Sep 13, 2006
MA
✟220,077.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
just finished reading a biography of Samual Adams ... Amazing man. The American revolution and our concepts of liberty would look very different without the thought and writing that he put into educating the people of the colonies before the revolution started.

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Picked up my reference books for my course.

Simplified plant names
Pruning and training
Encyclopaedia of plants and shrubs
Pruning nz plants.

KM will just have to wait. She was only 19 but already when she ran Awayto London she had an affair with one of the boys of the family she was staying with, fell pregnant, married her music teacher, miscarried the baby, had another affair with a polish dude in germany, contracted venereal disease, and lived off her girlfriend who practically worshipped her. Her mother cut her out of her will, but..she managed to get some stories published.

It makes me wonder what my sister gets up to in London, without a chaperone. As far as I know, she just goes for lots of cheap holidays around Europe.

Upvote 0
Feb 2, 2016
+
✟21,866.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Fearless. Its about a man named Adam Brown. Definitely one of my favorite books... I read it about a year ago. I need to get into another one, have kind of been jumping around lately.
Gates of Fire is also good, thats the most recent one i have read, its a fiction book based on the spartans... there is some language and its not part of the christian genre by any means but there are some good lessons that can be taken away from it forsure

Upvote 0

redblue22

You Are Special.
Jan 13, 2012
✟73,841.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Picked up my reference books for my course.

Simplified plant names
Pruning and training
Encyclopaedia of plants and shrubs
Pruning nz plants.

KM will just have to wait. She was only 19 but already when she ran Awayto London she had an affair with one of the boys of the family she was staying with, fell pregnant, married her music teacher, miscarried the baby, had another affair with a polish dude in germany, contracted venereal disease, and lived off her girlfriend who practically worshipped her. Her mother cut her out of her will, but..she managed to get some stories published.

It makes me wonder what my sister gets up to in London, without a chaperone. As far as I know, she just goes for lots of cheap holidays around Europe.

She might need some judgments to keep her in line.

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
km was a sad case as she later followed the bohemian lifestyle and died in france of TB.
Im not a judge, God is. But sin has consequences and I think with her she didnt feel loved by her mother.

I notice that a trend with women who went on to achieve greatness, in that they didnt follow the norm and become tradtional mothers themselves but sort of did things more like men in their careers etc. they had adventures rather than children.

Upvote 0