Winnipeg
✟236,538.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
No one is perfect. This is a given. In fact, Scripture says those who claim to be without sin are liars. I don't, though, see anywhere in Scripture where we are urged to focus upon our sin as this thread has encouraged people to do. Paul the apostle wrote,

Philippians 3:12-15
12 Not that I have already attained, or am already perfected; but I press on, that I may lay hold of that for which Christ Jesus has also laid hold of me.
13 Brethren, I do not count myself to have apprehended; but one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead,
14I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.
15 Therefore let us, as many as are mature, have this mind...

Recounting your sins just to recount them serves no positive spiritual purpose. You will never be like Christ by dwelling upon your moral failings. If you share your sins with another, let it be only for the purpose set out in Scripture:

James 5:16
16 Confess your trespasses to one another, and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much.

I remember a Nascar driver once talking about the danger of looking at the track wall while racing. He said it was common knowledge among the drivers that to look at the wall was to ensure you would hit it. Especially when one's car had lost control, it was vital to look where you wanted to go, not at what you wanted to avoid. I think this is exactly true for spiritual "driving", too. If you focus on the "wall" of your sin, you are bound to crash into it. Instead, follow the advice of Scripture:

Hebrews 12:1-3
1 Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us,
2looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.
3 For consider Him who endured such hostility from sinners against Himself, lest you become weary and discouraged in your souls.

God's blessings upon you, fellow followers of Christ!

Selah.

Upvote 0