British Columbia
✟1,004,574.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Was that on TV or dvd? I haven't heard of it.
Do you watch tv? If so you should watch a channel called STORY TV. It has really interesting stories. All subjects. I figure you are a book worm and it suits bookworms and others like me. I watched 4 hours of davenci. The life of an ex coroner, police. Crime and politics of a certain city. I have to really concentrate as they have British or maybe Canadian accents. It's an on going story continued each week.

Sounds good. I'll check it out. Beat Bobby Flay is one of those cooking competition shows on Food Network. Most of that channel I don't bother with these days.

Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟348,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Sounds good. I'll check it out. Beat Bobby Flay is one of those cooking competition shows on Food Network. Most of that channel I don't bother with these days.
Story is a lot like quest but better.
That's on cable? I've never heard of it. I saw a little of the eating thing yesterday. They had a guy and a pig vying for corn on the cob. The pig won, lol.

Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟214,619.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
The Secret World of Arietty
I thought it was great! It’s beautiful to look at! Arietty is so sweet! Something’s preventing it from being really great but I can’t put my finger on it. It also reminds me of The Rats of NIMH.
4/5

Interstellar
I found most of the space stuff boring. The heart of the movie (Cooper’s relationship w/ his daughter) is much more interesting.
4/5

My Neighbors The Yamada’s
This is a skit-like, comic-strip-like cartoon comedy. I enjoyed the humor. I could see this being on 90s Nickelodeon as a TV show! It’s a dry-humor that pokes fun at every-day life. A lot of people will be turned off by the overly simplistic animation, but I think it works well w/ the “story” being told. Que sera, sera!
4/5

Saw Jurassic World Dominion in theaters. I’ve loved all the Jurassic Park movies, but thought this was terrible, a complete mess.. No tension & very cheesy. I do like Maisy, Chris Pratt, & BDH. I also liked BioSyn from the books playing a role, as well as the Malta sequence. But that’s it. IMO they wanted to capitalize on Spider-Man’s success & rewrote whatever they were planning w/ dinosaurs on the mainland & I think they failed miserably. There were too many quick dinosaur action scenes, trying to cram as many new dinosaurs & set-pieces as they could, & that didn’t work for me. This should’ve been 2 movies, one ending the trilogy w/ the JW characters, & one finale reuniting w/ the old JP characters. Very disappointed, b/c as stated, I’ve loved even the JP movies that aren’t as popular like Fallen Kingdom. Dominion is bad.

Saw Thor Love & Thunder in theaters. I thought Multiverse of Madness was terrible in every sense of the word, & thought L&T was a big improvement. It’s still not amazing, but it’s okay. Christian Bale as Gorr is too good for this movie, he was perfect. He should be a recurring villain, but unfortunately, like every MCU villian except for Loki & Thanos, he’s merely introduced in the beginning of the movie, only to be killed off by the end.The Zeus scene was good too. Maybe he could be a recurring antagonist. Definitely don’t like the agenda-pushing, but it seemed toned down from MoM (& I'd stop seeing MCU movies in theaters b/c of that, but get invited to go). The “humor” was non-existent, like it wasn’t trying to be funny back. A big step-back from Ragnarok.

I watched some of the Track & Field World Championships. Distance is my favorite.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟214,619.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Scary Stories To Tell in the Dark

This hits all your Horror tropes. It makes it uninteresting, like you know what’s going to happen next. The opening act is also boring. They’re obviously trying to introduce the characters, but it doesn’t do a good job of it; it’s just boring. The better character moments come later, but I still don’t know most of the chracters’ names. All those negatives aside, the horror segments are really good. I particularly like the hospital Red Room scene. Even the scene where the girl’s zit pops into spiders is creepy. I also liked how the climactic horror scene is just crazies chasing Stella around the house. True horror is real like that. I don’t like Nixon’s re-election frequently being compared to the killing of the children, but I haven’t seen something like that in a horror movie (w/ the climax being on Election Night instead of Halloween), so I give it some creativity points.

Also, I don’t know much about the book, but from what I understand, the book is an anthology. I think I would’ve liked to see a collection of segments in the movie rather than trying to tie it all into one big story like the movie we got did.

I give this a 4/5

Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟214,619.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Dahmer
Jeremy Renner is perfect! He’s creepy & likeable at the same time. The movie does an excellent job of humanizing him. The tone was exactly what I was looking for. I would’ve liked to see another one or 2 killings & seen the fallout w/ his dad. Movie could’ve been another 30-45 minutes. Overall I really, really liked this movie…..until the end. They started to push he was who he was b/c he was gay & if homosexuality was accepted he wouldn’t have turned out the way he was. There’s also a section where he goes on a monologue about that, & looking right into the camera (you), he says “it’s even worse for you b/c you’re black too, you’re black & gay.” & I just want to throw something. So I really really want to give this movie a 5 but the pro-gay themes are stopping that.

4/5

(I have such a long string of 4/5 movies. Thought for sure this would break it but nope)

Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟214,619.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Pirates of the Carribbean: On Stranger Tides
I don’t have much to say about it. It’s a rewatch. I love the PotC movies. I like how this one’s a lot simpler then the others.
5/5

I watched some Pro Golf.

I finished Justice League The Animated Series "Season 1". I say "Season 1" b/c I jumped between Season 1 & 2. JL has overall been a disappointment. I loved Batman, Superman, & Batman Beyond shows, but JL feels slower paced & dumbed down, like they're just doing it to sell toys. I wish there was more character development. I do like the new members. Martian Manhunter, the Flash, Green Lantern. But they're pretty flat characters. My favorite episodes have been ones w/ the Joker and/or Lex Luthor / villain's from STAS & BTAS.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟214,619.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I liked the S/B Public Enemies movie a lot, rating it 8.1 almost 1 point higher than IMDB ratings. I've collected a lot of Superman and Batman animated series almost everything I've found from second hand local sources sometimes completing series/collections by buying on Ebay. The 1996-98 Superman the Animated Series (3 volumes) IMO is excellent rating mid to high 8s on my scale featuring Timothy Daly as Superman in it. In the Batman series that I have is Batman Beyond (3 volumes) rating mid 7s to mid 8s with Will Friedle playing the younger Batman and Kevin Conroy the "retired" old batman. It is a futuristic take and worth watching if you are into animated and batman characters. Batman the Animated Series you are likely already into (4 volumes) With Kevin Conroy I rate it mid to high 8s with IMDB rating it a 9.0. I have Batman the Brave and the Bold series which took me a long time to get it on the cheap that is decent and is 3 seasons (5 Volumes) I rate it mid 6s to high 7s with it peaking early in season 2. decent showing as anything on my scale rated 7 or above is a good watch for me and having a series that you can get immersed in and binge watch is often a good way to distract yourself from thinking about...... stuff.
The Batman series (5 volumes) is good also, rating from 7.4 to 8.2 for me starting off kind of slow but then solid after the first season with Rino Romano as Batman in it.

I have about 40 titles in Batman both movies and animated movies and series with all the Batman movies (non animated) except the last one (The Batman) which I'm on the lookout for. contrast that with 16 Superman titles Total, Batman is a lot more popular for sure.

I'm not sure about the latest animated stuff (Batman or Superman) being put out. I may just see what I stumble across and read reviews to see if they are rated well or not as anything rated 5 or below on IMDB I pretty much have to be a fan of the series to bother with collecting as for the most part IMDB ratings are within 1.5 points of mine or less depending on the genre. Often my ratings are less than 0.5 points off theirs as I take into account rewatchability in the equation not just initial "wow" factor when I do keep a movie in my collection.

Both the "animated series" of Batman and Superman are not cheap to acquire and rarely found at a bargain price locally you could find yourself spending over $100 for the Batman series or $20 each which if you consider what you get compared to a ~90 minute movie is a bargain for entertainment hours you get. I find the older animated series pretty much ignored hollywood influence and rarely delved deep into politics either considerably more neutral than today such that regardless of your ideology/religion/etc you would likely enjoy it.

Sophrosyne, we were talking about the DCAU in the other thread: I loved the Batman, Superman, & Batman Beyond animated series, but I'm 1/2 way thru the Justice League show, & wow, it's not doing it for me. There's only been a couple episodes I've liked, the others I just find boring. I read Season 1 isn't considered as good as Season 2, but I've been jumping between the 2 & Season 2 is just as meh. What are your thoughts on the JL show, out of curiosity?

I've liked the episodes where Lex & the Joker return, the World War II episode, & the Green Lantern trial episode. Each JL member also has their own character moments. So there's that. Other then that, show's generally been forgettable.

• Informative
Reactions: Sophrosyne
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sophrosyne

Let Your Light Shine.. Matt 5:16
Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟895,522.00
Faith
Christian
Sophrosyne, we were talking about the DCAU in the other thread: I loved the Batman, Superman, & Batman Beyond animated series, but I'm 1/2 way thru the Justice League show, & wow, it's not doing it for me. There's only been a couple episodes I've liked, the others I just find boring. I read Season 1 isn't considered as good as Season 2, but I've been jumping between the 2 & Season 2 is just as meh. What are your thoughts on the JL show, out of curiosity?

I've liked the episodes where Lex & the Joker return, the World War II episode, & the Green Lantern trial episode. Each JL member also has their own character moments. So there's that. Other then that, show's generally been forgettable.
I liked the series a lot but then I watched it when it was on TV and there was not a lot of decent cartoons on to compare it with. Likely you have watched newer justice league stuff prior to watching this series and the characters have changed and so on and compared it to them. I grew up with the superfriends and you could compare that to the Justice league series and pretty much get the same experience as at the time the superfriends was good, but that was because you just couldn't find any DC animated stuff in the late 70s/80s at all it was into the 90s when we started seeing animated series of Batman and Superman and beyond. Looking back... Gilligans Island is pretty bad and the superfriends are all but ruined by the power twins and the campiness. I think a little of our liking stuff is related to nostalgia and remembering what we liked in the past not as much comparing it to todays standards.

Now that we have stuff on DVD or can stream a whole series and binge on it and have infinitely more choices available we can find stuff we really like instead of being spoon fed and having almost no choices at all.
If you compare Cable TV to streaming/internet and DVD/media sales you find only 1 channel with animated stuff on it all the time and a few other channels that have some animated stuff a few hours a day in the past and Saturday cartoons vanished for good due to some inane decision to allow more commercials on educational programming on saturdays which killed off the toons almost entirely.

• Informative
Reactions: DragonFox91
Upvote 0

Miles

Student of Life
Mar 6, 2005
USA
✟381,581.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Professor of Rock's channel on Youtube. He just shared a video on the song Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now, by Starship.

It sounds like I'm the same age as his little brother, given the description. Just a kid at the time, but I've always liked the song. For whatever reason, it's often on the radio when I'm driving somewhere to go mountain biking.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟214,619.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Sonic the Hedgehog 2

I thought it was fantastic. Starts out slow but that's mainly to get everyone up to speed from the 1st one. Not sure if it's as good as the first one, but I still really enjoyed it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟214,619.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Sonic the Hedgehog 2

I thought it was fantastic. Starts out slow but that's mainly to get everyone up to speed from the 1st one. Not sure if it's as good as the first one, but I still really enjoyed it.

I feel like I didn't say enough. I’m really surprised how much I’ve enjoyed the 2 Sonic movies. I don’t even know that much about the franchise, but watched b/c I heard how good they were. In this one, I thought the heart & comedy from the first was toned down, but the action & adventure was amped up. I haven’t seen a lot of new 2022 movies, but this one has been my favorite so far. Go & see Sonic 1 & Sonic 2

Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟214,619.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Doom Patrol
Season 1
I tried watching it a couple years ago & the language was ridiculous & I was turned off by all the gay scenes. It’s definitely not a Christian show & I didn't feel I should be watching it. All the reviews rant & rave about how funny it is, but I smiled maybe once. The humor is just swearing.
I decided to retry it & have been enjoying it more. There’s definitely good, or universal pros, about it. The acting is really good. Despite the language, Robotman, Jane, & Rita are entertaining & why it's worth watching. All the characters have nothing, or demons to fight. Although lot of gay love scenes w/ Larry, it’s not preachy like a lot of shows/movies are today, & I just look away when it gets physical. Cyborg, despite being the most 'Christian' character, isn't as interesting as my favorite 3. I definitely prefer the Teen Titans cartoon version of him. The villian & the Chief are just okay as well.
I only have a couple episodes left. So although I enjoyed it on this second watch, I’m gonna be glad it’s done. There’s 2-3 more seasons, not planning on watching them anytime soon. I don't recommend this if you're a believer

Upvote 0