✟306,495.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
A History of Byzantium by John Julius Norwich
It is a history of the Byzantine Empire, from the founding of Constantinople as the Eastern Capitol of the Roman Empire under Constantine in the 4th century AD to the fall in AD 1453 under the siege of the Ottoman Sultan Mehmed II (The Conqueror)

Upvote 0

Noxot

anarchist personalist
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2007
dallas, texas
Visit site
✟231,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Science and the modern world by Alfred north Whitehead. Taxes my brain. Here is the pdf.

Attachments

• [Alfred_North_Whitehead]_Science_and_the_Modern_Wo(z-lib.org).pdf
    3.6 MB · Views: 25
Reactions: public hermit
Upvote 0

public hermit

social troglodyte
Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟836,582.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Seeing God: The Beatific Vision in Christian Tradition by Hans Boersma.

It's hard cover. I'm almost finished. It's been a joy to read and to see how various traditions/time periods thought about the Beatific Vision. I've liked it so much I already bought another book he has written: Sacramental Exegesis in the Early Church.

Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0

Sif

Nov 11, 2015
Rocky Mountain Region
✟306,495.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
I am about to start the Saga of Harald Hardrada
Harald had a rough life. As a teenager he had to flee Norway when a rival claimed the throne. He fled to Byzantium and served in the Varangian Guard and fought battles in Italy, North Africa and the Near East before returning home to Norway and claiming his throne.

He would invade England in 1066 and be killed at the Battle of Stamford Bridge. He was not a nice man, certainly. He lived by the sword and he died by the sword.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

public hermit

social troglodyte
Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟836,582.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Reading
7 Things He’ll Never Tell You: That You Need to Know by Kevin Leman

At the core of men, you'll find a sensitive, emotional being that needs to feel loved, respected and needed. Men are very protective of their core. It's this protective behavior that keeps men from openly sharing their feelings with women.

But, Kevin Leman knows that the more you understand and are sensitive to the fears, anxieties, and insecurities that make the men in your life behave the way they do, the stronger your relationships will be.

Why is he telling all our secrets? He must have missed the last Manly Man meeting where it was iterated, once again, that we don't do that.

• Haha
Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟945,667.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Why is he telling all our secrets? He must have missed the last Manly Man meeting where it was iterated, once again, that we don't do that.

Because good girls delight in pleasing their men and he wants to make sure we get it right.

You wouldn’t begrudge that? ;)

• Useful
Upvote 0

public hermit

social troglodyte
Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟836,582.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Because good girls delight in pleasing their men and he wants to make sure we get it right.

You wouldn’t begrudge that? ;)

Well, I suppose you're right. But, I distinctly remember at the last Manly Man meeting there was a long, laborious discussion about the need for a little mystery. We held a vote and it was unanimous in favor of a little mystery. Of course, it didn't occur to anyone that divulging this vital information might work in our favor. I may need to invite you to our next meeting.

• Haha
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟945,667.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Well, I suppose you're right. But, I distinctly remember at the last Manly Man meeting there was a long, laborious discussion about the need for a little mystery. We held a vote and it was unanimous in favor of a little mystery. Of course, it didn't occur to anyone that divulging this vital information might work in our favor. I may need to invite you to our next meeting.

Rest assured, we yearn to behave and be pleasing examples of godliness. Our numbers are growing!

I would be happy to address your esteemed group. I may be overwhelmed by the odor of godly manliness. Have the smelling salts at the ready! :happyblush:

9E34B0CF-F923-407F-94D4-8D67B0540CA8.jpeg

As you can see, we’ve been busying ourselves with the proper things. We are heaven’s best for gentleman like yourself. Keep our secret safe. :crosseo:

• Haha
Upvote 0

public hermit

social troglodyte
Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟836,582.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Rest assured, we yearn to behave and be pleasing examples of godliness. Our numbers are growing!

I would be happy to address your esteemed group. I may be overwhelmed by the odor of godly manliness. Have the smelling salts at the ready! :happyblush:

View attachment 264506

As you can see, we’ve been busying ourselves with the proper things. We are heaven’s best for gentleman like yourself. Keep our secret safe. :crosseo:

No worries. Unlike some in our group (who happen to write books) I can keep a secret. ;)

• Haha
Upvote 0