Nov 16, 2005
So Cal
Visit site
✟14,911.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
About to finish "World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War" by Max Brooks. One of the most unique and interesting books I have ever read, it tells the story of a Zombie world wide outbreak through stories told by various characters as a sort of memoirs, the books is set 10 years after the end of the WWZ. I've never been a big fan of zombie flicks but this book really surprised me with how well he can tell a story through interviews and how different all the characters are from each other.

Next up is either Harry Potter in prep for book 7 since I've been reading slow lately figure I should start rereading them soon. Or I may read either "Hawkes Harbor" by SE Hinton or "Artemis Fowl 5 The Lost Colony" by Eion Colfer

Oh yeah also been reading bits and pieces from "No Plot No Problem: [SIZE=-1]A Low-Stress, High-Velocity Guide to Writing a Novel in 30 Days" by Chris Baty. Since I've been trying to finish up some of my writing to prep for sending out to publishers or agents or both. Great book, has some awesome ideas on how to get motivated.
[/SIZE]

Upvote 0

Macrina

Macrinator
Sep 8, 2004
✟22,415.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Is it Celebration of Discipline or Celebrating the Disciplines? The latter is a journal workbook to accompany the former, says Amazon...

Oh, I assumed she meant Celebration of Discipline, so that's what I was talking about.

Foster also has an excellent book on prayer (but I recommend CoD first).

Upvote 0

Alenci

To God be the glory
Sep 2, 2002
Lost in thought
Visit site
✟16,877.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Is it Celebration of Discipline or Celebrating the Disciplines? The latter is a journal workbook to accompany the former, says Amazon...

Ooops sorry, duh!! :doh: I was really tired and couldn't remember the author immediately so I looked over to my shelf, where I have both of them, and I probably confused myself. It's Celebration of Discipline, of course. Sorry!

Upvote 0