What are you most curious about in the Bible?

RBPerry

Christian Baby Boomer
Site Supporter
Oct 14, 2013
Northern California
✟86,295.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I'm really interested in learning about the discrepancies between the translations over time and learning how maybe some things have been altered because of translations from language to language!

I think many people struggle with this. Take the word love, there are actually five words in the Greek meaning different types of love. We have lumped them all into the one English work.

Upvote 0

RBPerry

Christian Baby Boomer
Site Supporter
Oct 14, 2013
Northern California
✟86,295.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I am working on a project and I was wondering what questions you might have from the Bible or anything that seems not to be clear? I am looking forward to reading your responses!

I have been studding the apocrypha's (the scrolls found in Egypt in 1945) I belief many should have been in the original canon, but that is just my opinion.

Upvote 0
May 27, 2021
Grand Cayman
✟9,155.00
Country
Cayman Islands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I try on my own to understand but not very successful. I was studying John and it has a lot most of which I did not understand. As to the contradictions if you go to almost any thread most seem to have a different idea of the meaning of the word. It is very confusing. Of course they say read the word but I can understand by reading, where the contradictions come in. So many different meanings can come out of one scripture. Check out my thread on the holy spirit, so many versions from people who believe differently.

One who is sent or a messenger from God is needed to explain to us the scriptures.
15 And how can anyone preach unless they are sent? As it is written: “How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!” - Romans 10:15

If we listen to those who are not sent. This is what will happen:

16 as also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things, in which are some things hard to understand, which untaught and unstable people twist to their own destruction, as they do also the rest of the Scriptures. - 2 Peter 3:16

Upvote 0

SeventhFisherofMen

You cannot fool Jesus
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2013
CA
✟401,389.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Separated
Politics
US-Republican
I am working on a project and I was wondering what questions you might have from the Bible or anything that seems not to be clear? I am looking forward to reading your responses!
Seeing as how this was posted Sep 1st 2020 I doubt this has any relevance to your project at this point but I'm most curious about what Heaven will be like. I wish there was more description of it to be honest I want to know what I'm looking forward to and what I will be able to do :)

Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I have always wondered why the apostles were almost absent as the authors in the new testament. We have Paul who was not one of the twelve. Then of the twelve we have Peter, John and James, as authors. The rest of the apostles are absent as authors.

Upvote 0

SeventhFisherofMen

You cannot fool Jesus
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2013
CA
✟401,389.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Separated
Politics
US-Republican
I have always wondered why the apostles were almost absent as the authors in the new testament. We have Paul who was not one of the twelve. Then of the twelve we have Peter, John and James, as authors. The rest of the apostles are absent as authors.
I've also wondered if there were any writings that didn't survive. And no I'm not talking about the acclaimed book of Enoch or the added Catholic books I'm talking about real writings of the disciples etc.

Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I've also wondered if there were any writings that didn't survive. And no I'm not talking about the acclaimed book of Enoch or the added Catholic books I'm talking about real writings of the disciples etc.
There are two missing letters of Paul, one to the Laodiceans and one or more to the Corinthians. Because Paul mentions these letters in his letters, we know they have been lost to history.

Some letters that circulated through the early churches, I believe, were not included in the canon.

There is no doubt that some letters have been lost.

Upvote 0

SeventhFisherofMen

You cannot fool Jesus
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2013
CA
✟401,389.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Separated
Politics
US-Republican
There are two missing letters of Paul, one to the Laodiceans and one or more to the Corinthians. Because Paul mentions these letters in his letters, we know they have been lost to history.

Some letters that circulated through the early churches, I believe, were not included in the canon.

There is no doubt that some letters have been lost.
Jesus did many other things as well. If every one of them were written down, I suppose that even the whole world would not have room for the books that would be written.

John 21:25 :)

Reactions: klutedavid
Upvote 0
May 27, 2021
Grand Cayman
✟9,155.00
Country
Cayman Islands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Seeing as how this was posted Sep 1st 2020 I doubt this has any relevance to your project at this point but I'm most curious about what Heaven will be like. I wish there was more description of it to be honest I want to know what I'm looking forward to and what I will be able to do :)

I hope this helps: Misconceptions On Getting to Heaven

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SeventhFisherofMen

You cannot fool Jesus
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2013
CA
✟401,389.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Separated
Politics
US-Republican
That video in the link I can't tell if the people hosting are being serious. But to answer your statement if it helps I mean I go by what Jesus says in the Bible which is: Love The Lord your God with all your heart soul mind and strength, and love your neighbor as yourself.

I was stating in answer to the OP that I'm most curious about what Heaven is like not how I will get there or misconceptions of Heaven.

Upvote 0
May 27, 2021
Grand Cayman
✟9,155.00
Country
Cayman Islands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That video in the link I can't tell if the people hosting are being serious. But to answer your statement if it helps I mean I go by what Jesus says in the Bible which is: Love The Lord your God with all your heart soul mind and strength, and love your neighbor as yourself.

I was stating in answer to the OP that I'm most curious about what Heaven is like not how I will get there or misconceptions of Heaven.

“In My Father’s house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also” (John 14:2-3).

“‘Come, I will show you the bride, the Lamb’s wife.’ And he carried me away in the Spirit to a great and high mountain, and showed me the great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God, having the glory of God. Her light was like a most precious stone, like a jasper stone, clear as crystal” (Revelation 21:9-11).

“The foundations of the wall of the city were adorned with all kinds of precious stones: the first foundation was jasper, the second sapphire, the third chalcedony, the fourth emerald, the fifth sardonyx, the sixth sardius, the seventh chrysolite, the eighth beryl, the ninth topaz, the tenth chrysoprase, the eleventh jacinth, and the twelfth amethyst” (Revelation 21:19-20).

“The twelve gates were twelve pearls: each individual gate was of one pearl. And the street of the city was pure gold, like transparent glass” (Revelation 21:21).

“The city had no need of the sun or of the moon to shine in it, for the glory of God illuminated it. The Lamb is its light. And the nations of those who are saved shall walk in its light, and the kings of the earth bring their glory and honor into it. Its gates shall not be shut at all by day (there shall be no night there)” (Revelation 21:23-25)

(Revelation 21: 1-4 ) All Things Made New
21 Now I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away. Also there was no more sea. 2 Then I, John, saw the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. 3 And I heard a loud voice from heaven saying, “Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and He will dwell with them, and they shall be His people. God Himself will be with them and be their God. 4 And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying. There shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away.”

“Therefore they are before the throne of God, and serve Him day and night in His temple. And He who sits on the throne will dwell among them. They shall neither hunger anymore nor thirst anymore; the sun shall not strike them, nor any heat; for the Lamb who is in the midst of the throne will shepherd them and lead them to living fountains of waters. And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes” (Revelation 7:15-17).

Upvote 0