What are you listening to right now? (24)

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟75,757.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I really liked that song, thank you for sharing it. My mates always loved house music and would play it all the time so there's a bit of fondness that comes back while listening to it.

Since Christ brought me back to Him the only EDM that's personally survived the cut has been DnB. I don't really have to worry about lyrics or the mindset the music promotes as it's clean 99.99% of the time (as often there's not even lyrics) and the atmosphere provided by the music is one of chilling out and and enjoying the song. Plus you can safely just have it on in the background. I also prefer older techno/electronic music as I grew up with my father blasting Bomfunk MC every car trip lol, so DnB fits in nicely there too. The only other genre of modern music I really listen to (which is also often electronic in nature) is Ambient music. Carbon Based Lifeforms and Jeff Pearce are my favourites.

It is cool that you like electronic stuff. DnB can get too heavy, but I used to like it in 2018-2019. I'm betting you like Aphex Twin (experimental, downtempo EDM). That stuff is a little too complex, but I found this remix for you.

Upvote 0

Tranquil Bondservant

Nothing without Elohim
Oct 11, 2022
Somewhere
✟211.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
It is cool that you like electronic stuff. DnB can get too heavy, but I used to like it in 2018-2019. I'm betting you like Aphex Twin (experimental, downtempo EDM). That stuff is a little too complex, but I found this remix for you.

I'm saving that one to my favourites, it's perfect to have on in the background. Thank you for sharing it :).

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟75,757.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm saving that one to my favourites, it's perfect to have on in the background. Thank you for sharing it :).
You are welcome man. If you like DnB, you might like breaks also, though this one has a darker bassline to it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟215,770.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

This was one of the 1st contemporary songs I heard after hearing mostly hymns. I don’t think it’s really ‘contemporary’ anymore, I haven’t heard it in a long time. Music changes but our Lord stands eternal.

Upvote 0

angelsaroundme

Mar 4, 2020
Georgia
✟141,343.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate

In the middle of the battle
I believe I've finally found
I'll never know the thrill of victory
'til I'm willing to lay down
All my weapons of defense and
earthly strategies of war
So I'm laying down my arms and
running helplessly to Yours

Reactions: sampa
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟75,757.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This is a good one, it is an old one from 2014, but I first heard RedMoon - Only Us (ft. Jonny Rose) in 2021. :)

Genre(s): Electronic, Progressive House, Pop
Label: NCS (UK based label)
Release Date: 2014

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟75,757.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yet another good one, from nearly 8 years ago. Really upbeat, and has an electropop vibe.

Genre(s): Electronic, Future Bounce, Pop
Label: Future's Finest / Illicit (Netherlands based label, latter label no longer exists)
Release Date: 2016

Upvote 0