• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

what are you feeling right now? (23)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Press On

Giving up what I am to become what I will be.
May 11, 2013
East TX
✟231,202.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Very thankful. We were awakened by a tornado warning an hour ago. Just missed our town by 10-15 miles. Not so good for the next town over. Prayers for the people of Van, Texas.

Reactions: Jeshu
Upvote 0

.Mikha'el.

7x13=28
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
May 22, 2004
British Columbia
✟1,007,133.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Feeling weak from not eating enough. Seems to be the only way to lose weight, though.
According to the weight loss book I used to drop some pounds a few years back, you actually gain weight doing that, not lose it.

I'm needing to lose some pounds again as well. I'm really wanting to see a plastic surgeon about something, but even though I look ok, I've been lighter than I am now, and I really want to get back to my low point before I see him.

Upvote 0

RuthD

blah blah blah
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2006
Earth
✟191,472.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
According to the weight loss book I used to drop some pounds a few years back, you actually gain weight doing that, not lose it.

I'm needing to lose some pounds again as well. I'm really wanting to see a plastic surgeon about something, but even though I look ok, I've been lighter than I am now, and I really want to get back to my low point before I see him.
I actually lost 4 more pounds doing that.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Cracklin Rose

May 2, 2015
✟261.00
Faith
Christian

There is so much propaganda and marketing on weight loss that it's ridiculous and inhumane considering people are getting sick and even dying with all the fads out there.

It's a simple concept, doesn't matter how many meals you eat per day, doesn't matter what time of day you eat - unless you have a legit physiological condition like a thyroid problem (which if you do then being fat is the least of your worries) or you are an angel hybrid that defies the laws of thermodynamics - if you burn more calories than you consume per day, you can only LOSE weight. the human body operates on a system of rules just like everything else in this world. Throw in some cardio and full body work outs, and it's as easy as can be.

If you are doing all this and still not losing weight, then count again because you are eating too much and you don't realise it because you been eating too much all your life and even if you feel like you are eating a lot less, it still may not be - get a calculator and COUNT EVERYTHING...count sauces, count snacks, count everything that you eat all day even if it only has 1 calorie then you can see how quickly they add up.

also a pro tip: eat slower!! you will notice fat people tend to eat a lot faster than thin people. eating slower = reduced appetite = eating less = losing weight.

hope i dont sound like a snob but fitness is a huge aspect of my life and when i was on psych meds i gained a ton of weight because of how they increased my appetite, i been through a lot of stuff in my life and when i give advice it's because i understand what its like and want to help people. and no i dont take psych meds anymore either.

Feeling weak from not eating enough. Seems to be the only way to lose weight, though.

I actually lost 4 more pounds doing that.

Good job, keep it up! it gets easier as you go, make sure to drink plenty of water, its even more important when you are restricting food like this. and make sure you get as much sleep as you can at night. if you seriously feel like you are going to faint then increase your food intake a little bit, but dont get too comfortable!!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Fortran

Oct 10, 2013
Rural Missouri, United States
✟12,374.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
There is so much propaganda and marketing on weight loss that it's ridiculous and inhumane considering people are getting sick and even dying with all the fads out there.

It's a simple concept, doesn't matter how many meals you eat per day, doesn't matter what time of day you eat - unless you have a legit physiological condition like a thyroid problem (which if you do then being fat is the least of your worries) or you are an angel hybrid that defies the laws of thermodynamics - if you burn more calories than you consume per day, you can only LOSE weight. the human body operates on a system of rules just like everything else in this world. Throw in some cardio and full body work outs, and it's as easy as can be.

If you are doing all this and still not losing weight, then count again because you are eating too much and you don't realise it because you been eating too much all your life and even if you feel like you are eating a lot less, it still may not be - get a calculator and COUNT EVERYTHING...count sauces, count snacks, count everything that you eat all day even if it only has 1 calorie then you can see how quickly they add up.

also a pro tip: eat slower!! you will notice fat people tend to eat a lot faster than thin people. eating slower = reduced appetite = eating less = losing weight.

hope i dont sound like a snob but fitness is a huge aspect of my life and when i was on psych meds i gained a ton of weight because of how they increased my appetite, i been through a lot of stuff in my life and when i give advice it's because i understand what its like and want to help people. and no i dont take psych meds anymore either.

Good job, keep it up! it gets easier as you go, make sure to drink plenty of water, its even more important when you are restricting food like this. and make sure you get as much sleep as you can at night. if you seriously feel like you are going to faint then increase your food intake a little bit, but dont get too comfortable!!

I mean this politely and respectfully, so please do not take offense, but one problem is the inconsistency in calories burned. This amount varies both for the individual and the day.

The reason I bring this is up is because, as one who has developed a severe eating disorder, I would urge those who would like to lose weight not to count every calorie and certainly not to "go hungry" in the name of weight loss. It may work for some individuals, but - take it from one who knows - it can be a path to mental and physical self-destruction for others.

Upvote 0

Cracklin Rose

May 2, 2015
✟261.00
Faith
Christian
I mean this politely and respectfully, so please do not take offense, but one problem is the inconsistency in calories burned. This amount varies both for the individual and the day.

The reason I bring this is up is because, as one who has developed a severe eating disorder, I would urge those who would like to lose weight not to count every calorie and certainly not to "go hungry" in the name of weight loss. It may work for some individuals, but - take it from one who knows - it can be a path to mental and physical self-destruction for others.

there is no need for inconsistency. use the miffin formula to calculate your maintenance calories then subtract 500 - thats ur daily calorie intake goal. its a minor cut but for people who are used to eating boat loads of food, it will seem shocking. yes miffin isnt 100% exact and bodies vary, but its as close as it can get and you can make slight adjustments as you feel your body. if you don't count you are going to overeat, people who are overweight don't usually become anorexic just because they decide to start working out and tracking what they eat.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.