• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

what are you feeling right now? (23)

Status
Not open for further replies.

chaoticfirefly

reform jew
May 20, 2011
Visit site
✟109,506.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
You actually like storms? Where I live they're so common I get these fears of lightning strikes, or that lightning will strike my computer and destroy everything in it! It's a bit silly, though. I take it a dangerous storm means you don't have to go to that awful job?

If it's any consolation, at least you're not working as a flight attendant. Have you heard how unhygienic airplanes are!?!?

I love thunderstorms! Nah, I'd still have to go (they make us close during bad white out blizzards when roads are closed), but it'd be slow/dead if it were to storm! I used to be afraid of storms for those same things, and because I hate loud noises but one day, when the storm kinda subsided (with some thunder and lightening flashes), I noticed my parents' neighbors across the yard had really pretty colorful lights, and it looked kinda magical magical with the rain pouring on the window blurring it. So now I associate it with pretty lights.

I'd rather not know :p I hate flying already ;a;

Upvote 0

Fortran

Oct 10, 2013
Rural Missouri, United States
✟12,374.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I love thunderstorms! Nah, I'd still have to go (they make us close during bad white out blizzards when roads are closed), but it'd be slow/dead if it were to storm! I used to be afraid of storms for those same things, and because I hate loud noises but one day, when the storm kinda subsided (with some thunder and lightening flashes), I noticed my parents' neighbors across the yard had really pretty colorful lights, and it looked kinda magical magical with the rain pouring on the window blurring it. So now I associate it with pretty lights.

I'd rather not know :p I hate flying already ;a;

I also love storms. As a Missourian (where storms are so very common), I find there is something soothing about a mild or moderate one during the night. I suppose the negative side to this is that I take for granted just how devastating these forces can be. Even when a tornado warning is issued for my county I do not see it as matter of grave concern.

Trying to keep the members here in my prayers; I am sorry to hear that it sounds like so many are struggling at present.

Upvote 0

grandvizier1006

Seeking a life that honors God.
Supporter
Dec 2, 2014
MS
✟663,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Feeling a bit tired, and when I have nothing to worry about I keep thinking that I should be worried about something. It's always something random and stupid, too. But I think it's because I have nothing to do and nowhere to go. It's like my brain forces me to be upset about something. I wish it wasn't like that. OCD just makes things horrible.

I can get so worked up just by thinking about something unpleasant. Something that bothers me, and I can't stop It's never anything good. OCD only lets you think about bad things. And even now, when I'm calm, I keep feeling like I SHOULD be upset.

It's like it's addicting. Like I can't stop being bitter. I hate when it gets so bad that I start thinking about...you know, s*****e (I don't know if I'm allowed to say it). Otherwise I get these really hateful thoughts against specific people groups that I blame for causing my stress. And then I feel so ashamed for all of the bitterness I had in my heart. Christians aren't supposed to have those feelings of hatred, even when people and ideas are really hurting you.

I'm able to "catch" myself now and snap out of it, and I get scared when I look back and think about what had just occupied my mind. I take that as a sign that things will get better, but for now OCD is tough to live with.

Reactions: Press On
Upvote 0

RuthD

blah blah blah
Supporter
Jul 2, 2006
Earth
✟191,472.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Tired and cold. Despite the weather, it was so busy D: and cops make me nervous so I wasted gas by taking a detour just cause there was a sheriff in front of me.
Hug to you. Cops make me nervous, too. The other day I was at the park and all of a sudden these cops are running up to my car. I was in the car. I just looked at them and they started laughing and kept on walking. Jerks.

Upvote 0

chaoticfirefly

reform jew
May 20, 2011
Visit site
✟109,506.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Hug to you. Cops make me nervous, too. The other day I was at the park and all of a sudden these cops are running up to my car. I was in the car. I just looked at them and they started laughing and kept on walking. Jerks.

Glad I'm not alone. We should trust them, but cops in general don't have a very good rep in the US. Ugh, that's so immature of them! What jerks indeed.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

grandvizier1006

Supporter
Dec 2, 2014
MS
✟663,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
A bit anxious. A brother in Christ on here said something that I felt could have caused me to stumble. I know he didn't mean to but the implications of what he said still kind of bothered me.

Upvote 0

grandvizier1006

Supporter
Dec 2, 2014
MS
✟663,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Humiliated. I got in a fender bender with another car when I was out driving. No one was hurt and the cars were barely damaged but it was my fault. For complex reasons, I feel like the other driver is exploiting me for money, even though her car was hardly damaged at all.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

chaoticfirefly

reform jew
May 20, 2011
Visit site
✟109,506.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Disgusted. One of my favorite youtubers posted a video last week and a video this week that really upsets me and I find it insulting considering my experiences and my best friends experience. It makes me sick people agree with her.

Upvote 0

RuthD

blah blah blah
Supporter
Jul 2, 2006
Earth
✟191,472.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Upset. Depressed. I'm gonna do it. I'm gonna make sure he can never apologize. I'm done. I AM DONE. I can't keep crawling back up and him shoving me back down. I'm too exhausted.
:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.