Colorado
✟432,864.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
This seer or prophet or whatever you want to call her is funny. Back then she was respected as some holy woman... if she were born today, she'd be some crazy cat lady who'd try to give you rambling advice on a street corner as you tried to politely get away as soon as possible.
I met that woman in Toulouse France! She asked if I was American and then told me God hates Bush and all this bad stuff was going to happen to America. This was May 2001.

• Informative
Reactions: MehGuy
Upvote 0

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,163,932.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Watching that new Dahmer series on Netflix. The only reason I am watching it is because I heard it is trying to delve into the psychology of the man, instead of just shallow sensationalism. It's also apparently heavily relied on a book Jeffrey Dahmer's own father wrote. Trying to put the pieces together about what happened to his son.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,163,932.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
All Quiet On The Western Front. I've seen the 1930(?) film, and the 1979 television series. Both good. Excited to see what a modern film will be like.

World War 1 wasn't the deadliest war in history... but I imagine it must have been one of the most psychologically brutal.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,163,932.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I do like how the battle scenes are shot. The 1930 one was revolutionary for it's time, with the realistic deaths. Back then death was kind of portrayed in an overexaggerate manner.. but in that film when someone was shot they quickly feel down. Nothing overly dramatic.. they simply just turned into a lifeless corpse.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,163,932.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
This Dahmer series has been more interesting than I thought it would be, although I hope they delve even more into the psychological aspect later in the series.

I do understand some complaints that it sympathizes the character... I mean what he did wasn't right... but I don't see what's so bad about trying to understand monsters and shining light that other people might not be much different if there were in his genetic/cultural shoes.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,163,932.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Careful not to dive too deep, for we all have the same capabilities and may find our personal trigger :)

I don't think understanding what makes men like Jeffery Dahmer tick would trigger other people to act the same. If anything, I think it'd help people like Jeffery Dahmer avoid going down that path.

Anyways, I found the series pretty powerful. Liked how they gave personality to the victims. I think the series had a lot of nuance. Might be a benchmark for future serial killer biopics.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,163,932.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Jeffery Dahmer documentary on Netflix. Think it's a companion documentary to the dramatic series.

Guess I'm somewhat obsessed with the case now. Before I didn't want to know anything about. Remember hearing about it as a kid... and being extremely disgusted. It is disgusting... but I just find the whole thing tragic now. Always did find it interesting how his parents (although now I learned it was his stepmother) still loved him and actually stood by him during his trail. I don't think most parents would put up with that. Apparently, he was neglected by his father during his early years, but he seemed to really turn around later on.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,163,932.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Night Of The Living Dead, accompanied with commentary from some podcasters I highly enjoy.

Not my favorite George Romero film... that belongs to Dawn Of The Dead. One of the most enjoyable movies I've ever seen in my life. Feel somewhat sad for him.. I don't think he was ever respected as an A-list director.. even though he had the talent.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,163,932.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Rewatching the Breaking Bad series for the second time. Been a good ten something years (besides the last season which I watched years later, despite being a fan of the show before it became so popular) since I've watched it. Not as magical as a I remembered it, but still good. I'll have to say I'm a little surprised that I kind of like Better Call Saul a little better.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,163,932.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Rewatching the Breaking Bad series for the second time. Been a good ten something years (besides the last season which I watched years later, despite being a fan of the show before it became so popular) since I've watched it. Not as magical as a I remembered it, but still good. I'll have to say I'm a little surprised that I kind of like Better Call Saul a little better.

Never mind.. now I'm on season 3 and the writing (while good in the previous seasons) is really picking up on the quality here.

Upvote 0