What are the most dangerous things a Christian can do?

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,497.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
These are just symptoms of a deeper spiritual issue, the fruit of rotten "root" in your life: Self enthroned upon your heart. Unbelief, spiritual passivity, lust - these are all just evidences of Self, not God, ruling from one's heart. Until, by faith, Self is "reckoned" to be crucified with Christ (Romans 6:11), held powerless upon the cross, sin will be the inevitable fruit in a believer's life. All sin is death-producing, big or small, all sin hinders and halts our fellowship with, and enjoyment of, God. (Psalms 66:18: Isaiah 59:2; 1 Peter 3:10-12; Romans 6:23; Galatians 6:7-8, etc.) But the really dangerous thing is Self, the "old man" (Romans 6:6) in charge of our living. Until he is properly dealt with, sin will continue to crowd one's life.
Funny how I hear a lot of "self" in those statements then...?

And you do not know me, so please stop assuming and acting like you do, etc...

And, are you 100% completely sinless, because I highly doubt that very, very much, etc...

And at least I am 100% honest about mine, etc...

That being said, I am a work in progress, and God has told the insides or the heart first, etc, and not to sacrifice that or those to be a hypocrite in my life like so very many of the rest, etc...

I think I will eventually get there, but it's all in God's own good timing, and not my own, etc...

I will not rely on my own will (self) as others do, etc...

For that would be a sin, etc...

There are things God wants from me and out of me that these two superficial and in comparison insignificant sins do not even begin to compare to, and cannot interfere with anyway, etc...

As for you, I have stopped replying to you and your posts, because I see so much error and "sin" in them, that I do not even know where to begin with you, so I just don't even try anymore, etc...

In my opinion, your pride, and great arrogance, and egotism, knows no bounds, etc, and that is probably just only where I would just only start only, etc...

You have no right to talk about "self" in any kind of way whatsoever, etc...

Unless you are going to swallow that, and admit that you are still a work in progress as well, etc...

But I don't think you will, or rather, you just "won't", etc...

Done talking with you for now...

I'm not angry with you for saying something about my sin, or trying to rebuke me, but for the sin that is all too obvious to all in all you say, etc...

Playing the hypocrite, pride, egotism, self-will, and great arrogance, etc, haughty, self-assuming about others without truly thinking and/or considering, refusing to truly know themselves first, and therefore basically knowing nothing, etc, etc, etc, and the list goes on and on, etc...

Needless to say I just don't like you or your kind, etc...

Nor will I deal with them or put up with them/you any further, etc...

God Bless!

Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0

aiki

Feb 16, 2007
Winnipeg
✟236,538.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Funny how I hear a lot of "self" in those statements then...?

Do you? Is it funny? "To the pure all things are pure but to the defiled and unbelieving is nothing pure." We tend to see first and most in others the things of which we are most guilty ourselves - whether they are actually there in others or not.

And you do not know me, so please stop assuming and acting like you do, etc...

I did not make my case from your life but from God's word. If you have a problem with what He's said, talk to Him, not me.

And, are you 100% completely sinless, because I highly doubt that very, very much, etc...

What does this standard have to do with speaking the truth? Were any of the apostles "100% completely sinless"? No. Yet it is their writings that constitute the New Testament. It is a false standard you're holding up and I think you know it.

And at least I am 100% honest about mine, etc...

Is the murderer who admits to his murder somehow more righteous for doing so, less of murderer for his honesty? How does that work, exactly?

That being said, I am a work in progress,

Yes, as are we all.

I think I will eventually get there, but it's all in God's own good timing, and not my own, etc...

That depends upon your response to His work in your life. But, it is true we are all works in progress. None of us has "arrived."

There are things God wants from me and out of me that these two superficial and in comparison insignificant sins do not even begin to compare to, and cannot interfere with anyway, etc...

"Little foxes spoil the vine."
"A little leaven leavens the whole lump."
"A fly in the ointment causes it to stink."

All sin, big or small, hinders our walk with God (Psalms 66:18; Isaiah 59:2; 1 Peter 3:10-12). Which is why God, in His word, put an arrogant look and murder in the same list of things that are an abomination to Him (Proverbs 6:16-19) The apostle James wrote,

James 2:10
10 For whoever keeps the whole law but fails in one point has become accountable for all of it.

As for you, I have stopped replying to you and your posts, because I see so much error and "sin" in them, that I do not even know where to begin with you, so I just don't even try anymore, etc...

Uh huh. This says more about you than it does me.

In my opinion, your pride, and great arrogance, and egotism, knows no bounds, etc, and that is probably just only where I would just only start only, etc...

Uh huh.

You have no right to talk about "self" in any kind of way whatsoever, etc...

Unless you are going to swallow that, and admit that you are still a work in progress as well, etc...

But I don't think you will, or rather, you just "won't", etc...

Done talking with you for now...

*Sigh* See above.

I'm not angry with you for saying something about my sin, or trying to rebuke me, but for the sin that is all too obvious to all in all you say, etc...

See above. Methinks you doth protest too much...

Playing the hypocrite, pride, egotism, self-will, and great arrogance, etc, haughty, self-assuming about others without truly thinking and/or considering, refusing to truly know themselves first, and therefore basically knowing nothing, etc, etc, etc, and the list goes on and on, etc...

Needless to say I just don't like you or your kind, etc...

Uh huh. Of course you don't like "my kind." See above.

Nor will I deal with them or put up with them any further, etc...

Proverbs 13:1
Proverbs 15:12

By the way, although for reasons different than your own, I find your comments often just as offensive and spurious as you find mine. It's just the nature of things in a public forum.

Last edited:
  • Friendly
Reactions: Neogaia777
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,497.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Do you? Is it funny? "To the pure all things are pure but to the defiled and unbelieving is nothing pure." We tend to see first and most in others the things of which we are most guilty ourselves - whether they are actually there in others or not.

I did not make my case from your life but from God's word. If you have a problem with He's said, talk to Him, not me.

What does this standard have to do with speaking the truth? Were any of the apostles "100% completely sinless"? No. Yet it is their writings that constitute the New Testament. It is a false standard you're holding up and I think you know it.

Is the murderer who admits to his murder somehow more righteous for doing so, less of murderer for his honesty? How does that work, exactly?

Yes, as are we all.

That depends upon your response to His work in your life. But, it is true we are all works in progress. None of us has "arrived."

All sin, big or small, hinders our walk with God (Psalms 66:18; Isaiah 59:2; 1 Peter 3:10-12). Which is why God, in His word, put an arrogant look and murder in the same list of things that are an abomination to Him (Proverbs 6:16-19) The apostle James wrote,

10 For whoever keeps the whole law but fails in one point has become accountable for all of it.

Uh huh.

*Sigh* See above.

By the way, although for reasons different than your own, I find your comments often just as offensive and spurious as you find mine. It's just the nature of things in a public forum.
I will not risk anymore further sinning with my soul, just to point out or try to correct the sin in yours.

Be Blessed.

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟690,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

I did not make my case from your life but from God's word. If you have a problem with He's said, talk to Him, not me.

Yes, as are we all.

Uh huh.

*Sigh* See above.

Why are you going after the poster personally?

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,497.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
@aiki

Same reason Jesus went after or tried to rebuke the Pharisees...

And the same reason they provoked His anger, or caused His anger to rise, etc...

You figure it out from there, etc...

If you truly know Jesus words, then you should know, etc...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,497.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Ooops, sorry, just now realized that was not meant for me, lol, :doh:

Guess I'm just used to being attacked, etc, lol...

I'm going to leave it for @aiki though if you don't mind though, etc, OK...

God Bless!

• Friendly
Upvote 0

aiki

Feb 16, 2007
Winnipeg
✟236,538.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married

I think the "going after" is largely in the other direction...

I find it very...disturbing to see posts between believers where they go back and forth saying things about sin and the Christian life that are patently false, easily shown to be so by a whole host of Scripture. These false notions about the faith have very destructive consequences - some of which I've experienced firsthand. It's not just a trading of perspective that's going on in this thread, but the declaration of truth about spiritual things. We cannot, as believers, afford to be careless or subjective about this truth. I get that I am in a minority in this view and that this will mean, as it has in this thread, that I come under fire for my comments.

I would admit, though, that I should not have used Neogaia's particular situation to make my points. My apologies to him for doing so. The points themselves, though, made from God's word, stand regardless. Even when others rail at me for making them.

Ah, well. It seems this "Requests for Advice" forum is a forum I should probably avoid. I'm a little too...plain and strictly biblical in my remarks.

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟690,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I think the "going after" is largely in the other direction...

I find it very...disturbing to see posts between believers where they go back and forth saying things about sin and the Christian life that are patently false, easily shown to be so by a whole host of Scripture. These false notions about the faith have very destructive consequences - some of which I've experienced firsthand. It's not just a trading of perspective that's going on in this thread, but the declaration of truth about spiritual things. We cannot, as believers, afford to be careless or subjective about this truth. I get that I am in a minority in this view and that this will mean, as it has in this thread, that I come under fire for my comments.

I would admit, though, that I should not have used Neogaia's particular situation to make my points. My apologies to him for doing so. The points themselves, though, made from God's word, stand regardless. Even when others rail at me for making them.

Ah, well. It seems this "Requests for Advice" forum is a forum I should probably avoid. I'm a little too...plain and strictly biblical in my remarks.

We are human too, as much as we are Christian. And that does mean we will make mistakes even as true Christian believers.

Some people came into the faith with pre-existing sins that can be a struggle in overcoming.

In the end, the man who looks down and beats his breast saying "have Mercy on me Lord, a sinner" can be forgiven. Though he struggles, God walks with him as he learns to overcome.

Should we sin? No... But shoulda, woulda, coulda... It's a problem that we all struggle to overcome in one way or another. As we grow in faith, we rest in His Holy Spirit more and sin less... But sin is still sin. Even if it's just the sin of not loving God the way we ought.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,497.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
@Hazelelponi

I've seen @aiki posts, and it's not just me, but is the way he tries to help everybody with their sins in their life, etc...

To me, it seems even more exceedingly sinful, etc, and I think Jesus knows this, and would/does 100% completely agree with me in life, etc...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,497.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I did try not to sin with my words back to him in post #21 though, just don't know if I was completely successful or not, or if I did or did not or not, etc, which is why I am choosing not to take any further risks with it/him now though, etc...

Just not worth it, etc...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟690,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
@Hazelelponi

I've seen @aiki posts, and it's not just me, but is the way he tries to help everybody with their sins in their life, etc...

To me, it seems even more exceedingly sinful, etc, and I think Jesus knows this, and would/does 100% completely agree with me in life, etc...

God Bless!

I see his point too though. We as God's people on earth have to speak His words from Scripture. Sometimes they are harsh sounding but people need to hear them.

God condemns sin, period. If we don't mix the forgiveness with what is hard to hear, we are not doing right by anyone.

But @aiki has asked forgiveness... That is to you.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,497.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I see his point too though. We as God's people on earth have to speak His words from Scripture. Sometimes they are harsh sounding but people need to hear them.

God condemns sin, period. If we don't mix the forgiveness with what is hard to hear, we are not doing right by anyone.

But @aiki has asked forgiveness... That is to you.
He offered an insincere apology, and did not ask for forgiveness, etc, but I both will and already have let it go/dropped it though...

And I know scripture, but just don't hide behind it, nor use it as an excuse for abusive or condemning behavior, etc, which is worse sin, etc...

But I know God cannot condone or approve of any kind of sin, etc, I just wish the blind would stop trying to condemn the blind, etc...

And as for me, both me and God are working on it together, etc, learning more and more and something new everyday, and I don't know what the future will hold for me with Him yet, etc, but am praying that I will eventually get there though...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,497.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I thought that maybe my admitting to my own sin where I am currently at right now, might help others, or be of some consolation or comfort to others, or to those still going through or experiencing the same things still, etc...?

Was that wrong of me, etc...?

God Bless!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,497.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I thought that maybe my admitting to my own sin where I am currently at right now, might help others, or be of some consolation or comfort to others, or to those still going through or experiencing the same things still, etc...?

Was that wrong of me, etc...?

God Bless!
But you see what I get for it, etc...

Anyway,

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,497.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
But you see what I get for it, etc...

Anyway,

God Bless!
Might as well have just told me or said to me that God hates me, and I will never be one of His, etc, etc, so on and so forth, etc, unless I make myself clean that is, etc...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,497.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Might as well have just told me or said to me that God hates me, and I will never be one of His, etc, etc, so on and so forth, etc, unless I make myself clean that is, etc...

God Bless!
A preacher/Pastor that I really like said "People might not remember all of everything you say or said, but they will always remember how you made them feel", etc, which goes beyond and says what is truly done/said, etc...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

aiki

Feb 16, 2007
Winnipeg
✟236,538.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
We are human too, as much as we are Christian. And that does mean we will make mistakes even as true Christian believers.

Some people came into the faith with pre-existing sins that can be a struggle in overcoming.

In the end, the man who looks down and beats his breast saying "have Mercy on me Lord, a sinner" can be forgiven. Though he struggles, God walks with him as he learns to overcome.

Should we sin? No... But shoulda, woulda, coulda... It's a problem that we all struggle to overcome in one way or another. As we grow in faith, we rest in His Holy Spirit more and sin less... But sin is still sin. Even if it's just the sin of not loving God the way we ought.

Definitely. I agree entirely.

Scripture tells me it really is possible, though, to move progressively freer and freer of sin; it doesn't have to be a constant, perennial issue for me, or any genuine believer. But the way to freedom isn't to stamp out individual sins. They're just the by-products of Self in control. This was really what I was trying to get at in my posts to this thread. I've found such change has come by way of understanding this and greater pleasure and peace in God. I'm not perfect, of course; God has much to do in me yet. But the taste I've had of a richer life in Christ than I thought possible thirty years ago I'm eager for others to enjoy, too. In my enthusiasm, I can get a bit...frustrated at the distracting falsehoods traded around so freely by fellow believers that keep Christians forever bound in sin, believing they can have nothing else in their relationship with God.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,497.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Definitely. I agree entirely.

Scripture tells me it really is possible, though, to move progressively freer and freer of sin; it doesn't have to be a constant, perennial issue for me, or any genuine believer. But the way to freedom isn't to stamp out individual sins. They're just the by-products of Self in control. This was really what I was trying to get at in my posts to this thread. I've found such change has come by way of understanding this and greater pleasure and peace in God. I'm not perfect, of course; God has much to do in me yet. But the taste I've had of a richer life in Christ than I thought possible thirty years ago I'm eager for others to enjoy, too. In my enthusiasm, I can get a bit...frustrated at the distracting falsehoods traded around so freely by fellow believers that keep Christians forever bound in sin, believing they can have nothing else in their relationship with God.
I apologize for how aggressive I may have got @aiki, really truly and genuinely and sincerely sorry, OK.

Your point about self is entirely valid, and until we get self fully out of the way, or in it's right place, etc, we have no hope against our sins, etc...

I do feel like I've made some headway in that department though, or rather God has (been doing) (that) with me, etc, or we're doing it together now, etc...

And it is truly a very beautiful thing when self is out of the way and the Holy Spirit takes over, as I have experienced that at times in my life and in my walk, and it's "beyond words", etc, so I feel like I really do know what you are saying there, and if that was what you were trying to say then I 100% agree with you, etc...

Just please try to be patient with me though, I feel like I will be there one day, or one day soon hopefully, etc, OK...

Again, very sorry for my harsh words to you, OK...

I was not very kind, and I don't like myself at all when I am like that OK...

Peace (hopefully)...

God Bless!

Last edited:
Upvote 0