• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.
  7. There has been an addition to the announcement regarding unacceptable nick names. The phrase "Let's go Brandon" actually stands for a profanity and will be seen as a violation of the profanity rule in the future.

What are the most dangerous things a Christian can do?

Discussion in 'Requests for Christian Advice' started by JohnB445, Dec 6, 2021.

1. JohnB445

JohnB445 Well-Known Member

+855
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    All sin is bad, but some sins may be more dangerous than others are they?
    What are they?

In no particular order
    1. Cursing God, blasphemy
    2. The occult
    3. anyone who seeks to intentionally distort God's Word to purposely deceive others
    4. Reject God all together

1 and 3, who would even do these? Curse the God that saved you/created you? and for point 3 why do that? And even point 4.

To do any of the 4 I would be surprised if one does while still believing in God.

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. aiki

aiki Regular Member

+3,995
    Canada
    Baptist
    Married
    All sins are merely symptoms of an underlying and far more serious problem. It is this root of sin that is the really bad, really dangerous, thing. What is this underlying problem, this root of sin? Self. You. The person that you are separate from the constant control of the Holy Spirit, the "old man" of whom Paul wrote in his letter to the church at Rome (Romans 6:6). Self is so bad, in fact, that God doesn't even bother to try to improve it (Ephesians 2:1-3; Titus 3:3; Romans 8:5-8). He just puts it to death (Romans 6:1-11; Colossians 3:1-4; Galatians 2:20) and in its place offers to us the life of Jesus Christ, given to us in the Person of the Holy Spirit (Romans 8:9-14; Titus 3:5-8; 1 John 4:13).

It is rebellious, incorrigibly sinful Self to which the devil appeals through the occult; it is Self that rises up in fierce rebellion toward God, cursing Him, even, in its rabid desire to be supreme; it is Self that manipulates and contorts God's word to serve a worldly philosophy or ideology, or to make merchandise of fellow believers; it is Self that says, "I will not submit to God. I will be the Captain of my own ship and fate."

But the "old man (woman)" is only a danger to believers who are not living by faith in the truth of their death to Self through their union with Christ on the cross of Calvary, and in constant submission to God's will and way. To those who are living by faith in their death to the "old man" through Jesus Christ, and in humble yieldedness to the Spirit's constant control, Self ceases to be any sort of a serious threat and the usual constant source of sin in a believer's life. (See: Romans 6)

3. splish- splash

splish- splash Master's protege. Happy 2022............. Supporter

+1,301
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Private
    Rejecting God, can open doors to all sorts, such as, embracing other religions, the occult etc. I don't know, are we to weigh sin?

4. Halbhh

Halbhh Everything You say is Life to me Supporter

+7,908
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    It's believers that will be held to account, for what can be forgiven to those that don't even know God -- believers are in immense danger when they ignore (don't bother to listen and hear and learn) Christ's words, which He said would lead to this outcome:

21“Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’ 23And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.’

24 “Everyone then who hears these words of mine and does them will be like a wise man who built his house on the rock. 25And the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house, but it did not fall, because it had been founded on the rock. 26And everyone who hears these words of mine and does not do them will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand. 27And the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell, and great was the fall of it.”

Matthew 7 ESV

We need to read from chapter 3 really, and all the way through Matthew, fully, listening, and hearing -- "ears that hear" -- and then put His words into practice in our lives.

5. Sketcher

Sketcher Born Imperishable

+8,385
    Non-Denom
    Single
    US-Republican
    Deploying weapons of mass destruction would be up there.

6. Neogaia777

Neogaia777 Old Soul Supporter

+4,658
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Celibate
    Along with telling the Truth...

One of the most dangerous things a true Christian can do, etc...

God Bless!

7. Neogaia777

+4,658
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Celibate
    I was told recently that He would rather me remain as I am right now, with a few outer, outward, superfluous or superficial sins, that man judges, or likes to judge, or pick on, etc, than to try and do away with them all, or those ones specifically, in my own strength, etc, and then maybe worse; sometimes invisible sin, take up permanent residence in my heart, or in my inner self, or in my inner man, or inward being, which God judges, and is the final judge of, etc...

First clean the inside of the cup completely, etc, and make sure it stays that way first, etc, before anything else, etc...

Some don't have there priorities right or straight, etc, is what He told me, etc...

God Bless!

8. Unqualified

Unqualified Well-Known Member Supporter

+444
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    5. Fornication separates us from God and there are others that do the same. Like alcoholism and lying. Repent and go the other way. Don’t do the things you have a choice at. Don’t delude yourself.

It’s raining here.

9. Petros2015

Petros2015 Well-Known Member

+3,231
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    I wouldn't recommend fentanyl.
    Some things, you don't get the chance to go "oh wait maybe this was a mistake..."
    or "ok there has been a gross misunderstanding, and I've been insane, please help"

I think those kind are pretty dangerous.

10. Neogaia777

+4,658
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Celibate
    I smoke cigarettes and give into lust from time to time, etc, and other than that, I am not conscious of any other sins about me, etc...

See post #7...

God Bless!

11. Petros2015

Petros2015 Well-Known Member

+3,231
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    Or of mass deception, one might argue.

12. Neogaia777

+4,658
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Celibate
    My heart right now, cares more than you know, etc...

God told me not to sacrifice that, etc...

God Bless!

13. Blade

Blade Veteran Supporter

+2,893
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    My self I don't believe in say something like "top 10" or in this cast most dangerous. Some would ask do you have a desire to share to witness? If not they would wonder if your even saved or backslidden. 1/3 of heaven fell and how did God treat them? There is no salvation. Granted we were lied to yet there will be no one to say there is no GOD for creation alone shows us there is a God. From what I learned from God I am in right standing with God because I believe in Jesus. He died for all my sins. There is no sin that He didn't die for.

I wonder why there are not more witnessing, how to witness and faith threads. The sweet sweet holy Spirit.. yeah a helper.. not sent to do all the work. We are to be doing it. Christ said it. Were in this world not part of it. What did Christ say about following Him? So me? Yeah not putting my faith and hope about salvation in what some group or person says. They don't know any more then I do. We have His word... that word is EVERYWHERE we have no excuses.

Forgive me I didn't come to offend if so forgive me

14. DamianWarS

DamianWarS Follower of Isa Al Masih Supporter

+2,816
    Christian
    Private
    The most dangerous thing a Christian can do is nothing at all.

15. Neogaia777

+4,658
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Celibate
    Good one, perhaps that is the most worst of all...?

God Bless!

16. DamianWarS

DamianWarS Follower of Isa Al Masih Supporter

+2,816
    Christian
    Private
    We are incapable of cleaning the inside of the cup

17. lastofall

lastofall Active Member

+185
    Christian
    Married
    To believe not is the sin which shall not be forgiven and leads to eternal damnation; so therefore such is most dangerous for any.

18. Neogaia777

+4,658
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Celibate
    That was something Jesus said to the Pharisees, but no, we cannot do it on our own...

God Bless!

19. Neogaia777

+4,658
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Celibate
    Believing is of course implied and must be a start, but I think many here are talking about people who mainly profess to already be Christians though...?

God Bless!

20. aiki

aiki Regular Member

+3,995
    Canada
    Baptist
    Married
    These are just symptoms of a deeper spiritual issue, the fruit of a rotten "root" in your life: Self enthroned upon your heart. Unbelief, spiritual passivity, lust - these are all just evidences of Self, not God, ruling from one's heart. Until, by faith, Self is "reckoned" to be crucified with Christ (Romans 6:11), held powerless upon the cross, sin will be the inevitable fruit in a believer's life. All sin is death-producing, big or small, all sin hinders and halts our fellowship with, and enjoyment of, God. (Psalms 66:18: Isaiah 59:2; 1 Peter 3:10-12; Romans 6:23; Galatians 6:7-8, etc.) But the really dangerous thing is Self, the "old man" (Romans 6:6) in charge of our living. Until he is properly dealt with, sin will continue to crowd one's life.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2021