• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Featured What are the commandments now that we are supposed to keep...?

Discussion in 'Controversial Christian Theology' started by Neogaia777, Jan 9, 2019.

1. alv_c

alv_c New Member

+5
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Private
    The commandments found in the Torah, because the entire Torah is still binding.

2. Shempster

Shempster ImJustMe Supporter

+769
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    This is a good quote here. He is saying that there are no laws against love. So if we love, we won't be breaking any laws.
    The irony is that the Fruit of the Spirit comes from following the law. Think about it. The Law is the commands of Jesus. I prefer looking at this "law" of his as better described as a "way to be".
    God promised to put the "law" on our hearts. So when we LOVE like Jesus commanded us to, we are obeying the "law" and the evidence is Joy, Forbearance, Kindness, Goodness, Faithfulness and Gentleness. It just happens. We don't force it or obey out of obligation.

And as far as Torah law.....(this is my observation) that all of those laws have as the core purpose to 1. Love God 2. Love others 3. Love ourselves.
    And looky there, that is exactly what Jesus said HIS law would fulfill.
    Isn't that amazing?

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  3. Saint Steven

Saint Steven You can call me Steve

+1,815
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    No, no, no.
    This is one of two bookends on this passage. See bold below.

Galatians 5:18-23
    But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law.
    19 The acts of the flesh are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery; 20 idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions 21 and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God. 22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.

4. Saint Steven

Saint Steven You can call me Steve

+1,815
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Wow. So you wear tassels on the four corners of your cloak? (don't forget the blue cord)

Numbers 15:37-39
    The Lord said to Moses, 38 “Speak to the Israelites and say to them: ‘Throughout the generations to come you are to make tassels on the corners of your garments, with a blue cord on each tassel. 39 You will have these tassels to look at and so you will remember all the commands of the Lord, that you may obey them and not prostitute yourselves by chasing after the lusts of your own hearts and eyes.

5. timothyu

timothyu Well-Known Member

+1,023
    Canada
    Non-Denom
    Private
    Against no there isn't.. however such things are the law